Where did it go wrong?

Where did it go wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2564126/
imdb.com/title/tt4574472/
youtube.com/watch?v=fY-MU21H5Jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what the fuck is he even wearing? couldn't he find some nice dress pants for a film premier?

whenever he bought his 1st pair of XXL jorts

It never went right

>famous actor
>don't lose weight
why?

Lack of growth and maturity. That's it.

Kevin Smith is a clear example of a man who has not/did not grow up. He's a manchild, plain and simple. His ideas never evolved beyond the young adult humor phase.

puberty

I'm wondering when and where in his mind he decided he was a great horror movie director, because his last few films have been that and they have all been terrible. Why did he get it in his head that he would be great at making that genre of films?

I gave his podcast a chance. Was extremely bored with it. I'll go as far to say he was good up until Zack and Miri, but it's been awful since.

He peaked with Chasing Amy.

It is quintessential 90s indie kino.

It's hard to believe that Kevin Smith we know today was ever capable of producing something like that.

Dude only had enough ideas for about 3 movies, which isn't going to look good when you get up to movie 12 or whatever he's at now.

Which really sucks because I still love his 90s and early 2000s movies but he just never grew as a filmmaker and started churning out shit in the last decade.

Seth Rogen introducing him to weed during Zack & Miri.

Can't wait for Chasing Amy 2, Clerks 3 and Mallrats 2.

2 out of 3 ain't bad

imdb.com/title/tt2564126/
imdb.com/title/tt4574472/

Yeah, that was the first time Kevin Smith ever smoked weed.

Y'all went wrong when you ever thought he was more than he says he is.

This. It's the same reason people hate Adam Sandler so much.

But Kevin Smith has spent the last 10 years of his career being exactly the kind of has been try hard that he would have been mocking the first 10 years of his career.

Remember when Trey Parker & Matt Stine realised they were becoming what they hated? Smith never had this revelation.

Kevin Smith made one attempt at a "grown up" movie with Jersey Girl, failed and immediately went back to milking Clerks 2 and trying to rip off everyone from Judd Apatow to the Coen brothers to even Tom Six!

Dogma was probably his most ambitious film that stuck to his style and worked.

Jay & Silent bob relies too much on knowledge of his other films for outsiders to get it and everything he's done since then has been shit.

Dogma's def his best so far. I think we'll see more from him in another decade. More seasoned.

fat chance. he's become addicted to pot and doesn't care anymore

Conception

This is true answer. Not every film of his has been a hit but his output fucking tanked after this movie. Flop after flop after flop, all because of the weed.

How come weed makes him less funny but helps Rogan? Does Rogans writing partner Goldberg reign him in and cut shit unfunny stuff from their projects or do the both smoke weed and write and it just works for them?

I love his 90's shit. I mean, Clerks is a black and white film shot in a convience story and it is basically dialogue between 2 characters back and forth yet it worked so fucking good. Unfortunatly, you can't do the same move 10 times and get away with it, you need to evolve, get better. Kevin smith is more Jort now than man, he can't evolve. He will produce another movie in the future that follows his style, and it will be acceptable.... I'd be curious if DC would let this man-child helm one of their films. I like Zack, I really do, but could Jort-man pull off what DC needs, a positive review?

were you born like 10 years ago?

interesting because on his podcast he mentioned smoking weed with Ben affleck all the time in the early 90s

People buy horror knowing it's shit. So he can make shit for dirt cheap and have it sell. He doesn't have to put any real effort into it therefore it doesn't feel as bad when people tell him it sucks.

He's the most insecure filmmaker of all time.

He's also said on his podcast that he didn't smoke till he met Rogan on zac and miri. Smith is pretty happy to contradict himself.

all of his DC comics suck ass

Plausible and sad. For both him and the horror genre.

What a deplorable and gross looking person. I hate that fat asshole so much just from the way he dresses all the time. Wear some clothes that fit you fat fuck. Those 'shorts' are actually making me angry just from how retarded they are. Who the fuck actually wears something like that?

If you watch his interview with Doug Benson where they're smoking weed together he talks about how he ran out of stuff to write about his personal life

>youtube.com/watch?v=fY-MU21H5Jo

Probably has something to do with the age at which he started smoking. I feel like people who miss on some vices during their early years are susceptible to "lose" to them since they didn't learn how to control them.

Yoga Hosers torrent when

hopefully never

What do you call this style?