Should I?

Should I?

Or a better question: Is it going to ruin the original for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/vAigpQj.png
i.imgur.com/gekOFq6.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Should I?
If you want to see it, I recommend going with friends and sneaking in a few beers. It starts out really rough but picks up towards the end

>Is it going to ruin the original for me?
If you can separate the two films by yourself like a big boy, no. If not, maybe. Depends on what you liked about the first.

KEKKKEKKEKEKEKEEKKEK

>ruin the original
can one ruin a turd?

>sneaking in a few beers.
I only go gold class anyway. So I'll be drinking before, during and after

If you consider it possible for a movie to ruin another movie, then you're too stupid for anyone to predict what your reaction will be.

3rd act is a 10/10 although it takes some time to get up to that part but I still enjoyed it

somebody post a picture of the dumb creature for me, i dont feel like watching this entire shit

the absolute madman

I haven't seen the original, should I watch this then watch the original?

Blair Witch 2016 HDCAM UnKnOwN

Its basically the same as the original if things actually happened in the first. So way better than ghe original. Its good if you find forest shakey cam with odd shit going on and not much plot good. Its bad if you dont like odd forest shaky cam.

Don't bother. I like Wingard+Barrett but this was lame.
Pointless scares with half assed attempt at being found footage.

I rewatched TBWP last night and saw Blair Witch today. The first one still reigns supreme. The new one is a comfy horror movie, but is far from great. I actually enjoyed hanging out with the characters in the first half more than watching them get fucked up in the second half.

When it came down to the horror elements I feel like they were throwing out way too many ideas and not focusing on any.

The constant forced jump scares they did were fucking annoying as hell.

Also have the shit that happened at the end made no fucking sense.

>the new one is a comfy horror movie

100% false its a steaming pile of shit filled with unnecessary jumpscares and onnoxious loud noises and boring characters. Except lane he was kinda cool

>ruin the original for me?
it was a piece of shit
very good marketing and hype though

The first one is a fucking cocktease

>100% false
We have different opinions dumb asshole, yours isn't right or wrong, and neither is mine, they're opinions. Fuck yourself and come back when you're 18

I'd actually recommend it. Plot wise it's a sequel, filmmaking wise, it's a remake. I admit I wasn't as attached to the original as a lot of people. Also it doesn't have a great start because 2/3 of the cast is easily unlikable. But when shit goes down, it goes down hard. It gets really intense and does a great job maintaining that tension.

I've seen a lot of people say "It's too much like the original, so it sucks." But these are the same people who loved that same similarity to original films with Force Awakens and Finding Dory, so they can go stuff a sock in their mouth.

My opinion is objectively right tho because this movie is garbage meant for people who enjoyed paranarmol activity 6, there is nothing 'comfy' about it.

Torrent when?

get off your phone

>Has to rely on a straight while guy to sell her show

Sorry but the obnoxious loud noises were perfect. Nice and spooky. (You)

Sidenote if you identify with lane kill yourself

You can not ruin pure shit.

>mfw my peak-fu is being pulled on day in day out by tourists

So is the Witch an actual witch, an alien or there isn't an actual witch?

I think shes a witch and those bright lights were time travelling bullshit, an alien would have been better desu.

I've seen a theory that says that Simon Barrett may have written the forest as kind of an alien abduction place but it's not confirmed.
Remember that blue slime from the first movie?

alien
also:
tree people, teleportation, time loops

it's Kitchen Sink:The Soft Reboot

The time travel element was pretty cool.
Dude had a beard after 3-4 days her time.
Knowing the witch can manipulate space and time brings up some pretty interesting fan theories.

>Watching remakes

The theory of the black chick slowly turning into one of the witches stick figures is weird and kinda cool. But her character should have been written out completely

I thought she pulled out a centipede thing from her wound figuring it was some sort of forrest/wood blending thing going on. Doesn't make her any better but worked for in gross-out levels

as for OP:

It's fine. It will serve to remind you that the first one is as close to perfection as humanely possible for the genre.

So do you actually see the witch or is it a meme? When I watched it I thought I saw glimpses of her, but there are no pictures of her anywhere on the internet so it could have been one of the other characters, following the fan theory that the witch uses other people to kill for her.

You definitely see SOMETHING. and it's all enlongated and weird so it's unlikely to be human.

There's some bright lights at the end which add to an alien theory but I'm not buying that because it's not as creepy as ghostly possession etc.

Best bit in the whole movie involves one of the stick men. It's wonderful.

Pics of the witch

i.imgur.com/vAigpQj.png
i.imgur.com/gekOFq6.jpg

Honestly I think her design is great, I would rather run into Leather face or a xenomorph than her.

>design is great

Its pretty generic senpai, been used in many other horror movies, something original would have been nice. Or not show her at all

Shut the fuck up cunt you don't know what you're talking about. Her design makes her look like one of the stick figures, and fits with the lore of her being stretched with rocks tied to her limbs when she was killed. You want some bullshit fantasy style over thought design.

I regret paying for the movie.

It was OK. Relied primarily on jump scares rather than real tension or dread.

Characters are forgettable. You want most of them dead just from the first 15 mins of the movie.

Who cares about the characters and fucking 'dread' and 'tension'. Horror movies are supposed to be short and stupid and full of jump scares so you the girl you're with can pretend to be scared and you have an excuse to hold her. Don't tell me you didn't go with a girl? Don't tell me you went alone to the cinemas?

>lore about being stretched

Thats not how human anatomy works pleb, her arms and legs would have born torn off long before they got stretched anywhere near that far. They just made her look like that because it fits generic scary monster design.

>Thats not how human anatomy works

It's a movie about a magical 300 year old witch you piece of shit. Anatomy doesn't come into it.

>hey remember the creepy shot of the guy staring at the wall
>HE DID IT BECAUSE THE BLAIRBLATTER BEAST OF TRAAL IS SO DUMB THAT IF YOU CANT SEE HER SHE THINKS SHE CANT SEE U LOL

Way to ruin a subtle horror icon.

>all logic gets thrown out the window because i say so

K pleb, enjoy watching the most recent paranormal activity.

the lore goes alien > witch > child murderer

this is the world the movie sets up regardless of what u think is spooky

> IF YOU CANT SEE HER SHE THINKS SHE CANT SEE U LOL

It was clearly said that looking at the witch is said to make people die of fright, which is why they faced the wall. You either need hearing aides or are autistic.

just a few brewskis and you'll have fun bro its a nice flick sneak in some brews bros this is totes mot marvel or dc shit this is true film just have a few brews dude.
hell yeah

did you work on the movie or something? you seem to be really defensive about it? its dogshit just so you know

Where in the lore is there anything alien related up until Blair Witch

>actually considering tormenting yourself with found-footage garbage and amateur overacting

What movie do you think we're talking about, friendo?

Blair Witch (2016) makes Ashley the witch in the woods, Lane the child killer carrying out the orders of the witch, and on top of all that there is an alien doing all the time warp/loop shit.

This is the movie.

Not the guy you were arguing with, but you are arguing a strawman. He didn't say all logic gets thrown out the window, just anatomy. Stop trying to sound smart by making others sound dumb.

No, yes
They show the "witch"

any 'lore' thats established in blair witch is irrelevant, if the whole stretched thing was established in the blair witch project i'd agree with you. her design is shit

Oh look, it's another copy of the Medeiros girl from Rec

I don't think there's enough evidence to supoprt the alien. Bright lights in some parallel word doesn't make it an alien. There was all sorts of stuff they threw out there in the movie. I'll give you that it's one explanation but I'm not buying it. You get me the screenwriter/director saying it as much and I'll reassess my skepticism.

Just watch the origional again if you need a fix...The new one is garbage.
The only way they could ofimproved( in a way) from the oriogional is to of made it with notmal cameras as a standard image film...making it found footage again was a stupid choice.

You know that pose is actually on-point for what the monster was doing

IT SUCKS!