What the actual fuck

What the actual fuck.

As someone who was born beautiful this flick really resonated with me.

>watching the movie
>theater is in midtown Manhattan so it's fairly crowded for a matinee
>nobody walks out for most of it
>not even during the lesbian necrophilia scene or any of the abstract scenes
>get to the end where Abbi eats the eyeball that Gigi vomited up
>this old man gets up and says "I've seen enough", walking out muttering "stupid, stupid" to himself.

unironically this, the gift and the curse

lol, that was the end of the movie anyways

I was born ugly. What's it like?

I like to imagine Dakota and Elle watching this and Dakota giggling through out the whole movie at Refn's autism.

you just know

It's strange. People resent you or project onto you. And as good looking as you may be, you still want that much more.

I wanted to like it more than I actually did. Its a 6/10 movie at best

first time seeing kino, kid?

>different dimension
>malone was the protagonist
>who was fantasizing during the necrophilia scene ?

we just made it up as we went along

the movie

>Nicolas Refn
>Elle Fanning

Nope.

That's how art is made, bud.

>Implying Chris Nolan doesnt meticulously plan his films to a T

Yeah, no

Elle fanning is a pretty girl but she's not beautiful in a way models need to do be and that's where refn really outdid himself by choosing her

You have this average looking girl surrounded by top models being and being the one people flock towards.

This is turn creates, for the viewer, the mindset of what the other girls had "what does she have that I don't" sort of thing.

the only moment where Elle Fanning was legitimately beautiful was when they cut to her during the necrophilia scene, because right there she was an object to lust to the make-up artist

The casting thing really clicked to me because I watched it with my girlfriend and I felt that Elle wasn't just there to fill a role, she was there to fill a part.

Before they eat her she's basically being very obtuse when she's saying that everyone wants to be what she is amongst other stuff; which in turn causes the other girls to lash out at her.
It was also at this moment my girlfriend had her own lashing out by saying "she isn't even that beautiful, why is she even a model?"

For an autistic man, refn really know how to play a crowd

Chris Nolan doesn't make art, he makes movies.

Your girlfriend missed the point of it so badly. Did you tell her that or just let it go?

First of all even if she is not model-level pretty I wouldn't call her "average".

Second, it's made clear that the reason she is so magnetic is because of her virginal youth and because she has "that thing", not just her objective looks

he made the whole movie just to be able to do this

all of you please stop posting, none of you know what you're talking about except for one poster besides me