Hadn't seen a lot of modern Simpsons, decide to watch everything before the new season

>hadn't seen a lot of modern Simpsons, decide to watch everything before the new season
>watching through Season 23
>surprisingly decent for the most part
>suddenly the finale
>it's a Lisa episode
>consists almost entirely of sucking Lady Gaga's cock for half an hour
What the fuck happened? This season was going so well.

Neil Gaiman's cameo was much better.

>it's a Üter apologizes for the holocaust episode

every celebrity cameo on the simpsons has been shit, starting with that nsync one

That's the episode that made me stop watching.

How about we discuss the fact you watched something in the season 20s and thought it was actually good until your arbitrary trigger showed up?

faggot.

Maybe the worst episode of all time.

I dont think matt groening himself can even explain why this happened. some things in this world are just, unexplainable...

I stopped watching long before that, but I decided "Fuck it" and chose to rewatch everything. Middle and middle-late Simpsons is still garbage but it did pick up a bit. Up until this shitfest.

There have been a few good cameos since then. It really depends on how they're utilized.

Case in point, Cheech and Chong had what amounted to a full episode just as Lady Gaga did, but it wasn't treated like a half-hour promotion.

Also, again, I really liked The Book Job.

Sounds like someone hasn't actually watched since Season 10.

Check out the podcast worst episode ever, I think its great and cathartic for any Simpsons fan. The whole podcast is devoted to figuring out which episode of the Simpsons is the worst.

Sounds like fun. What's the best though?

streaming old simsons at
ankhstream.net
NOW

>tfw this episode is over four years old already

But I swear it was just yesterday that I was laughing at how bad it was.

that episode wasn´t meant to be an actual simpson episode in the first place. the premise was simply to have lady gaga on the show no matter what. the plot was secondary and just loosely draped around the gaga scenes. truly one of the worst episodes, if not the worst

i watched one of the new ones where they go on a cruise ship recently and it was actually quite good. ignoring the animation and a few of the jokes it actually felt like something that could've been in the old seasons, especially the end.

>watching through Season 23
>surprisingly decent for the most part
>surprisingly decent