Hidden gems

Hidden gems

>hidden

>DUDE THE SUNS BRIGHT LMAO

>picture unrelated

extremely hidden and gemmish

I almost didn't watch this because of anons comparing it to event horizon which is a pile of shit. Sunshine is pretty good but did there really have to be a bad guy?

Also under rated

mfw

mixed feelings
its a trap right?

yes because man is his own greatest enemy, u fucking nerd

Not a trap

kys pleb

>muh space zombie invades the ship

so close

Before I Disappear

Eden Lake

Before Sunrise

Everything was justifiable. Yeah, Pinnbacker's motivation was retarded, but he also went fucking nuts over the years.

Disliking the 3rd act genre shift of Sunshine is the true mark of a cine-pleb who likes things to stay formulaic and bland.

HELLO REDD.IT!

>over the years
but he went mad while everything was still okay on that ship. then came the 7 years alone.

maybe the suicidal guy on icarus2 would've be the same

Yeah, because the 3rd act was not formulaic at all.
How about it being a mark of a patrician who likes his movies consistent and tasteful, instead of a garbled mess of random ideas?

hiding in videodrome's shadow

To continue the story without Pinbacker, would have needed the crew to continue making mistakes and having increasing rifts in the social cohesion to maintain tension. This would have been formulaic.

I prefer Pinbackers exterior influence on the mission, and his madness is perfectly pre-empted by the reverent sun-worship mindset that affects some of the crew.

Sunshine was bad, sorry. It started great but then it really did go full reddit

>To continue the story without Pinbacker, would have needed the crew to continue making mistakes and having increasing rifts in the social cohesion to maintain tension.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. The movie set a certain tone, and being able to maintain it is an achievement, not a fault.
Have the chink kill-himself out of guilt. Have the rest of the team realize they're not getting back and show how they deal with it. Asian MILF might calmly kill herself in a very Oriental and spiritual manner. Have the two remaining character make sweet embrace and kiss as they hit the sun and literally melt. They movie began as a psychological behavior study, and it should have ended like one.

K so instead of conflict how about a 2 hour movie where the crew successfully completes their mission?

pinbacker seemed like a capeshit level villain. A darker more scifi would have been better, eg they fall into the sun without setting the bomb off, all that effort for nothing. Or the bomb goes off a bit too hard and sets off a supernova

needs a proper remake desu

Seconds

Brian Wilson said it scared the shit out of him. The ending is a bit unnerving.

Walkabout is pretty good. A little on-the-nose is some parts.

>hidden gem
>has a Wikipedia page
How exactly is it hidden then?

well i never heard of it until recently

Ghost World

On hbogo right now, really enjoyed it. And not only because of prime Thora Birch and ScarJo.

>Lazy Eye: Nauseated: The Movie

no fucking thank you. dear lord, what a waste of time. not even trolling.

Mad Max: Kino edition