Is this tumblr the show or should I give it a go?

Is this tumblr the show or should I give it a go?

Other urls found in this thread:

gawker.com/lena-dunhams-race-problem-1649933383
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>150 hours of photoshop to make Lena remotely attractive

if curiosity overcomes you just watch season 1 and find the willpower to stop there

kek I didn't recognise her. still ugly af

First two seasons are good fun

Three is after everyone started telling Dunham she's a genius and she started believing them, and you can tell

Four is bad

Five is just... Fucking why did they bother making this shit? At this point Dunham is in full-on narcissist mode

Six is coming and it's going to be absolutely terrible, but that won't stop bloggers/message boards/chans discussing it endlessly right into 2018

Honestly S1-2 Shoshana a cute, Ray is based, and Adam is great throughout. Marnie starts of cute but by the end of S3 you'll want to kill her

it can be quite funny, but I wouldn't recommend watching it unless you really have nothing else to watch

it's really lena making fun of people like her. at least that's how it comes off to me. adam driver's character is also hilarious.

even though it's intentional and soaked in irony, there comes a point where the characters all being insufferable makes the show difficult to watch, especially when the show takes their "drama" too seriously. stopped watching last season

It's actually pretty good if you enjoy this kind of mumblecore setting, but yeah, later seasons are where it lost its steam and it gets worse and less funny from season 4 onwards

Why do millenials use websites to describe things? It's really faggy.

fuck that racist white privileged bitch

gawker.com/lena-dunhams-race-problem-1649933383

i should have become an actor

> even though it's intentional and soaked in irony, there comes a point where the characters all being insufferable makes the show difficult to watch

Fucking this

At first it's like "everyone in this show sucks, this is interesting and I like it". But after several seasons of this you'll realise it's not enjoyable to watch or even worth watching

if your a 20-something female jew in NYC give it a go, otherwise no.

me on the left

it's called irony newfag

It's called my cock and you can choke on it cuck.

Lena is bad at writing dialogue that doesn't come off as forced while they try to portray the characters as coming up with the stuff on the fly without much thought. In the end there aren't that many interesting stories or ideas she explores. It's as if she watched Friends and Seinfeld and thought she just has to take those character arrangements and fill them in with girls. I have no idea how HBO thought this was a good idea except that they love promoting progressives.

I mean the subject isn't particularly interesting nor does it have much in common with seinfeld or friends

I'm not defending the show, but it's just a comedy about vapid, narcissistic mid-20s girls who lack self-awareness. the "progressives" don't come off good and they aren't supposed to

I hate jews

These shows work when the actors have good chemistry and genuinely fall into their bantz together.

Seinfeld or Broad City are so good because it's real. The actors are friends enjoying themselves.

I think girls had that in season 1. There was good chemistry, and they were all excited about the project. But they wrote themselves out of it. The actors grew estranged as lena blew up into a big arrogant star. More importantly though she wrote the characters becoming estranged from each other, maybe to reflect reality, but also enforcing it.

Sitcoms are essentially friendship simulators, and in girls the actors and the characters stopped being friends, so the show stopped working.

DAMN, LENA DUNHAM LOOKS LIKE *THAT*??

>ITS SHIT BECAUSE THERE WOMEN

you guys are pathetic

I only mentioned the character arrangements of Seinfeld and Friends which at least brought something to the table. Girls is just being notoriously snarky about it's stories to give that wink to the audience that they know how annoying their characters are.

If Girls is some byproduct of HBO I could understand the long run but meanwhile stuff like Bored To Death has been abandoned and it is not much better than the latter one.

>Things literally nobody in the thread even said

Not only has Cred Forums proven that they don't watch any television or films, but now we've reached the point where people don't even parse the threads they are shitposting in

*Girls is not much better than Bored To Death

Honestly it's main problem is the way it tries to be a sitcom with each character having their own storyline in an episode.
All the best episodes are structured around a single character (Ray and the Dog, Marnie's season 5 episode) with other characters in more minor roles, because they give you a much deeper insight into a character and their development, which is basically the antidote to the satirical sociopathy of the cast.
Frankly I feel like Dunham would be better off writing plays or small budget indie movies than writing for tv

oh you're being honest and frank are you

This
is my fantasy. Apparently she had her makeup team make her ass smell and taste like cake. I bet that dude wouldn't have minded if they left it au naturale though.

And yeah, Seasons 1 and 2 are actually pretty fun like modern Sex and the City. Seasons 3 is just okay and on from there is genuine fucking trash.

>satirical sociopathy of the cast

That is hitting the nail on the head. However I didn't finish the first season.

It's not hard do to check out. You won't follow it if you are put off by the first couple of episodes.

>people don't even parse the threads they are shitposting in

are you referring to yourself?

no faggot im referring to you.
Do something about it retard.

I'd watch a Ray solo show.

Just him getting angry at traffic lights, running for office, confronting genderqueer wannabes, banning hipsters from his shitty coffee shop

> You need to go, white man. White man. WHITE MAN.

I watched season 1 and realized I'd rather watch an Adam Driver spinoff

absolutely good.

This. I stopped halfway through three

These

when is the assmunching due? is there a lot of sex in the show?

>tfw that's my daughter

>nobody posted this yet

Also, this show is literally "Jews Promote Degeneracy Amongst The Goyim"

No, it's basically "Women are awful" the show.

Tbqh it entertained me because it reminded me of college for some reason. Every scene with Dunham's character is a crime against humanity tho. Adam Driver is legitimately funny in it. Kinda have a hard on for Jessa

Why do millennials think arbitrary irony makes them clever? And why don't think know how to capitalize words properly?