Was he a psychopath? What was his problem?

Was he a psychopath? What was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>IMAGE.jpg

ignored

Scum. He used, manipulated, and hurt people for his own trivial personal gain. The fact I related to him so much really scared me.

No, he was a classic sociopath.

He was an extra terrestrial imposing as a human being.

literally nothing wrong with any of that.

>ignored
>replied to thread

>unable to give a well-thought-out answer
>somehow felt embarresed, as if OP will telepathically know he's ignorant
>Reply

he did nothing wrong

>people calling him psychopath

He is an effective worker, not a psychopath. Thats like saying that your grumpy boss is a psychopath.

He's quite literally the devil incarnate.

Internalized childhood anger issues, more commonly known as sociopathy.
Psychopaths are complete retards.

>ha ha let me just check whose car this belongs to by looking up the license plate on this official government website

what a stupid ass movie

Would you describe yourself as intelligent, nihilistic and with a twisted sense of humor?

nope, he was a sociopath.

sociopathy and psychopathy are literally the exact same thing

He was just trying to make a living, he got the info on the kind of stories news teams were interested in and he went out and got them by any means.

O.k. mate, whatever you say

meant for this fucking retard

no

>hurt people for his own trivial personal gain

This. What kind of person kills, blackmails, and rapes to become a first-to-get-it reporter? It's psychopathy: taking great risks and committing foul atrocities for a trivial outcome.

being successful in your field is not trivial, you neets

Psychopathy is basically a congenital defect in the brain, they're barely sentient desu.
The other one is from childhood trauma.

he was just eccentric, ambitious and pragmatic.

exactly like me ;)

>sociopath
this guy actually knows

for us idiots saying psycho or socio literally makes no diff

He was a real human bean, true to our nature.

sociopathy is a kind of psychopathy

all sociopathies are psychopathies, but not all psychopaths are sociopaths

He was a extroverted real human bean

>Would you describe yourself as intelligent, nihilistic and with a twisted sense of humor?
95% of Cred Forums would.

>IMAGE.jpg
>ignored

I don't think the word ignored means what you think it means my young friend.

There's no such thing as sociopathy you moron, it's a stupid term made up by screenwriters.

yes, psychopathy

he is a sociopath, considering other people as objects (and nothing else) for his own personal gain

>trivial outcome

That guy went from absolutely nothing to having it made with several people working for him. Definately worth the risk and fuck those scumbags he fucked over.

Worth killing? Worth raping? Now look, I know Anons on Cred Forums love playing the heartless cunt, but this is just too much to approve.

The only prespective in which you are right is Nilistic or something similar. In that case, nothing is wrong or right anyway, so why the fuck bother saying that? Fuck you, you shitty tripfag

He literally didn't kill or rape anyone, your eyesight seems to be as poor as your logic. He made a deal with the news lady, he didn't blackmail her or force her, he offered to give her special rights to his work if she would fuck him, she agreed.

The guy who got his brakes cut just went to the hospital, serves him right for being such a cunt.

He didn't kill the assistant, he just wanted him to film the guy. He was a scumbag anyway for blackmailing gyllenhaal. Gyllen literally did nothing wrong.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

Stop it, phone posters are people too

sociopath is not apd you moron
all screenwriters talk about psychopathy when they talk about sociopathy not about antisocial personality disorder

>his problem

Too much ambition

>these faggots jumping at the chance to say that sociopathy/psychopathy is the same thing
almost as bad as the faggots who have a fit whenever a story uses the 10% of the brain meme and they want to feel smart for knowing that's not true.

>Way wah, nitpicking details

Literally Plebesaurus Rex

whats that word for minor irrelevant details in fiction

not extraneous

>he didn't blackmail her
The fact he said "I am negotiating" doesn't mean he didn't blackmail her.
Did she wan to fuck him? No
Did he say that if she wasn't going to fuck him, he would leave and then she would lose her job? Yes
That's blackmail. He put an extra unnecessary and unprofessional condition in their deal.
>The guy who got his brakes cut
Oh I missed that. He had his brakes cut? He wasn't a cunt, just antagonistic and not too much actually. If he did cut his brakes, that's fucking horrible. How can you defend this?
>He didn't kill the assistant, he just wanted him to film the guy. He was a scumbag anyway for blackmailing gyllenhaal
Yes he was scumbag. No as he said, Gyllenhaal saw the guy was alright and when while dying he confronted him about it, Gyllenhaal's answer wasn't about whther he tried to get him killed that way, but why he wanted him killed...
And with a wicked sense of humor may I add sir? ;)
*tips*

What is this post supposed to be? Snide sarcasm, don't post at me queer.

you are reading into it too much my friend

He's the type of person that American society and culture rewards. People are just upset to realize that the system they live under rewards these type of people. They want capitalism, but with only good people participating in it, which won't happen.

I TOLD YOU NOT TO POST A POST AT ME FAGGGGOTT

""
;)

yeah thats why theyre 2 different words

car and faggot mean the same thing aswell according to this dictionary i just pulled out of my ass

he didn't have a problem m8

i like how you all fucking faggots can hold to a topic of conversation

Im sorry, but you literally have to be retarded to consider that blackmail. Using your logic it is blackmail if an employer says he will fire some employee if he doesn't stop doing his job so poorly.

He didn't owe her anything, he didn't threaten to go out of his way to ruin her career. He would have just taken his work to a different news station where he knew he could get paid more.

Disliking gyllenhaal is literally a pleb filter.

Why didn't he join him? Less competition. Instead he just sabotages his van.

this film is the fight club of this generation

it sucks having a boss to suck up to

>Sharing the pie when you can have it all yourself

This is why you aren't succesful

He knew he could make it on his own, as he did. This is also the same person that rejected him before. Paxton treated him as an inferior before, wants to be equals now, but Lou knows he's his superior.

>The fact I related to him so much really scared me.

no, he was just in a shitty movie

you are probably a boring dude

>Using your logic it is blackmail if an employer says he will fire some employee if he doesn't stop doing his job so poorly.
No I used two words (unnecessary and unprofessional) that make your counter-example shitty and prove your reading comprehension shitty as well. He didn't owe her anything at all, I agree, he could take his job somewhere else, exactly, he would have been paid more in other stations, all true; but instead he preferred to "negotiate" with her and make sexual pleasure part of his payment, else her life would be destroyed
>Disliking gyllenhaal is literally a pleb filter.
>pleb filter
Do you give up trying to support shitty opinions that easy?
Gives me Taxi driver vibes. Why Fight Club? I can only think of few valid reasons.

Flammable and inflammable are two different words that mean the exact same thing.

both are edgy teenager pandering flicks

So you are saying gyllen is a scumbag for offering her the deal to save her job in exhange for sexual favors? She could have just turned him down and he would have taken his business elsewhere, no problem, but she wanted to do it.

Clearly it was advantageous for the lady to get offered the deal as she found it to be a good trade off, that she would have otherwise not been able to make and would have lost the job instead, the worst outcome for her.

Just because there is sex involved your cucked white knight mentally quickly kicks in and tells you it is absolutely disgusting, literally hitler. Wake up sheeple.

>Clearly it was advantageous for the lady to get offered the deal
That's blackmailing. No one would give in to it if it wasn't advantageous in some way.
Also, my argument was only that it was blackmailing. Though it's not a good thing either to force someone to have sex with you even if they don't want to. If you don't understand that, I don't care anyway, I think he is a scumbag for nearly killing that other guy and getting his scumbag assistant killed on purpose(his assistant was as much as of scumbag as he was, he just wasn't as smart as Lou).

He read Ayn Rand.

Blackmail:
>any payment extorted by intimidation, as by threats of injurious revelations or accusations.

It isn't blackmail when the consequence of not agreeing to the proporsition is being treated like everyone else. Lou wasn't to blame for her losing the job if he didn't give her a special deal.

It is literally so simple, I can't comprehend how your logic can be this poor.

>Blackmail is an act, often a crime, involving unjustified threats to make a gain (commonly money or property) or cause loss to another unless a demand is met
I can use definitions that fit my arguments too.
It was blackmailing.
>Lou wasn't to blame for her losing the job if he didn't give her a special deal.
Lou is to blame though for proposing an unprofessional deal. She was desperate and took the deal. That doesn't make it right...

>I can use definitions that fit my arguments too.

It doesn't fit your argument. Saying you will treat a person like everyone else isn't a threat.

Noone wants to be blackmailed. She wanted to do the deal, accepting the deal was better than status quo for her. Lou didn't have anything to do with her status quo being shitty (likely losing her job).

This is logic 101. I'm arguing with a stupid emotional girl right?

I'm a different faggot, but, you guys are just debating semantics.

The whole movie is about taking advantage of situations.

People will say "oh, he beat up that security guard to take his watch"

In reality he did it to escape and took the opportunity for a little extra cash.

The scrapper guy is happy to take some cheap metal that he knows is stolen, but has the gall to tell jakey boy "he wont hire a fucking theif"

Jakey definitely exploits that bitch, but she admires him by the movie.

Jakey is playing on the same terms as everyone else.

>or cause loss to another unless a demand is met
Which is exactly their situation.

She wanted the deal in the way she wanted his material and a professional relationship with him, she didn't want to fuck him. Lou was a dick to put the fucking part in the deal.

He picked up a desperate woman, made her an unethical proposition, refusal of which would lead to her loss.

I get your point. But it doesn't matter that if she didn't take the deal the result would be the same with not proposing the deal at all. As long as he did, she came to the point to choose whether to fuck him and keep her job or not and lose her job. The choices were pretty simple and it all depended on what she would select. And when you put it that way to someone "fuck me or lose our job", it's blackmailing.

Hell yeah we do. Also, yes. The only reason I don't give a fuck whether he blackmailed her or not to call him a scumbag is that part at end where she seems to admire him. In the instances you mentioned he is playing on the same terms yes, but we don't see anyone treating his competitors like he did.

>refusal of which would lead to her loss.

No. Her loss has nothing to do with Lou, she brought that on herself, Lou gave her a way out, if she wanted it. Your thought process stinks of victim complex.

If I were about to lose my house because I couldn't pay the mortgage and someone offered to loan me some cash in exchange of an interest of 10% or whatever, would he be blackmailing me? Of course not, but that is literally the same situation as the one in the movie. You can't seriously be this thick.

>Jakey is playing on the same terms as everyone else.

Exactly my point. Most of the characters in the movie (and people in general) will do morally questionable stuff to get out of a bad spot or for significant financial gain if they thinks the risk is low. The only difference between them and Lou is that Lou is the instigator of the schemes while the others just jump on them as they are served to them on a silver platter.

I like this example. I may reconsider whether it was blackmailing or not. I still think he is a scumbag for the aforementioned reasons.

Also known as American Personality Disorder

You really didn't get the movie did you? Go watch some cape shit the adults are trying to have a discussion.

I made it to the last 20minutes of the movie but got bored. someone spoil the end for me because I really don't care that much

>pleb telling me I didn't get the movie

Please tell me what the movie was about then, I could use a laugh.

He frequently found his information through the internet.
One of these days he discovered a magical site called Cred Forums, and decided to learn from it in order to extend his career.

Despite having high Intelligence, he was unable to get the grip of the Plane Scene, why did he call him Big Guy? Why was his name CIA? In disbelief, he decided to commit a Big robbery but ended up crashing into a prison cell.

he was too much american

Many high-level executives have some level of sociopathic behavior and middle managers are almost entirely amoral but have too many inhibitions to be sociopaths.

7/10

You mean UNflammable and it means the complete opposite actually idiot ie NOT flammable

Oh God this so much, the movie is an obvious satire of the American dream and how it actually works.
Undercut the competition, sabotage them, exploit your own workers and pay them as low as you can while giving them bullshit excuses and all of that, he's the truest American hero of modern cinema.