/who/ - Doctor Who General

Hartnell Edition

The original, you might say, to boot!

last edition

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhotv.co.uk/2016-christmas-special-director-returning-character-confirmed-81057.htm
youtu.be/w6Vuymei8Hk
cracked.com/blog/5-current-tv-shows-that-get-more-praise-than-they-deserve/
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._1
cosmosmagazine.com/science-fiction/keeping-mum
docs.google.com/document/d/19hCPTNu2pJHix9LCuToW139aFeI0VfcD2jxIrsYLbaU/
docs.google.com/document/d/1zpkBrIEmiXNCUX_fMV5IZTC4HrYJwIR2YfpbxjObaTk/
dwexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/The_Reuben_Roper_Doctor_(The_Dark_Doctor)
stream2watch.cc/
youtube.com/watch?v=j3RMQofC2d4
youtu.be/AmSV2cim0Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=hGO_S_NX5Hg
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/John_Guilor
youtu.be/fdAKP2p0tT8
youtube.com/watch?v=a8aovhOuJE4
notthebigfinishforum.freeforums.net/thread/1701/doom-coalition-vol-spoilers-release?page=3
audioreviews.org.uk/
audioreviews.org.uk/archives/2779
twitter.com/AdamOrford1/status/742813534548021248
google.com/search?q=kathryn prescott
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off mongo

Our Christmas special director confirmed

doctorwhotv.co.uk/2016-christmas-special-director-returning-character-confirmed-81057.htm

Top 5 Big Finish Go!

Spare Parts
Jubillee
Dalek Empire I and II
The Oliver Trilogy
The Prisoner

Any since I just torrented them
Or that one about the aliens that was a code for Jews and the Samson option

>The Curse of Fenric
>Timewyrm: Exodus
>Just War
>Illegal Alien
>Colditz
>Atom Bomb Blues
>Casualties of War
Why does the Seventh Doctor visit WW2 so often? Does he just like it there?

I MISS EVERYBODY LIVES PLOTS

It's a good setting for him because it instantly brings moral dilemmas, VNA level darkness, vast horrors and murderers for him to battle.

Year of the Pig
Doctor Who and the Pirates
The Settling
Peri and the Piscon Paradox
The Holy Terror

Honorable mention to Deadline, Solitaire, Te Magic Mousetrap, Son of the Dragon, Scherzo and The Ultimate Adventure (in a so bad it's good kind of way).

The One Doctor
Bang-Bang-a-Boom
The Well-Mannered War
The English Way of Death
The Romance of Crime
Honorable mention: The Highest Science

Hartnell needs more love.

Also, Fenric left such an impression that everyone wants to redo it.

Yep. If you have a morally greyer Doctor, then an easy way to have a darker villain than him is Nazis. And, a whole portion of real life Nazis were men who weren't necessarily automatically bad, but were normal people, who let themselves be pushed to horrific things. Those are perfect villains for the Doctor.

Don't talk to Mongo faggot.

>mongo making threads now
abandon ship. cya at christmas.

>Nazis were men who weren't necessarily automatically bad
Yes they were.

But there's nothing wrong with the OP.

Fuck off you fucking monganon lover.

>monganon hates me because he thinks I'm cats12
>now /who/ hates me for defending monganon
>mfw

Nope. That's the horrible thing--many of them were normal men and woman, who in other circumstances might have had a uneventful life, who through poverty and the rhetoric of a mad man, focused their emotional pain on a specific group who were innocent, and did terrible, horrible, crappy things.

The horrible thing about the Nazis was that, unlike years of American movies might tell you, most of them weren't mustache-twirling villains. The majority of them were just people following orders, using excuses to justify committing atrocities.

Ignore the baiters.

But you are monganon.

What's wrong with "everybody lives" endings?

They're GOAT. Stop wanting muh edgy deaths all the time.

hi mongo

Who exactly complained about them?

Some people feel they're a cop out of not killing anyone.

JttCotT was the worst Everyybody Lives ending.

Hi, should I write my story about a Dalek being used as a killing machine in a crazy TV show or is it a bad idea?

You mean for the anthology? Go ahead, I'm looking forward to it.

Which Doctor are you using?

No one but I regularly see people say it's shit. It really isn't. Moffat used it literally twice. Every other instance, only the main cast survived, but there were casualties or enemy aliens killed.

If it's worked into the story in a good way then this isn't an issue. The Empty Child and Library endings actually made sense.

Uh well I just meant if I should even develop the idea further than the few lines I've got but sure I'd be happy to participate.

I'm using Series 9 12 and Clara (yes, ANOTHER 12 fic, sorry).

>ANOTHER 12 fic

Don't worry, 12 and Clara are both cool.

youtu.be/w6Vuymei8Hk

That Eccleston impression is shockingly bad

That demon looks qt.

Nice drawing. Thanks, Belle.

draw gareth roberts now

Nah, she's got other requests to fullfill first.

Belle might end up the official anthology illustrator.

No Gareth episode references, or Gareth himself, in the anthology yet.

Maybe you should ask him to write one. After all, it's probably the closest thing to writing Doctor Who he's ever going to do again.

I think I asked him. He never responded back.

Simon Guerrier was the only one who straight-out (politely) said no.

Bill looks a little like Barbara there.

Please tell me you see it too.

I thought the same thing when I saw the thumbnail. It's the hair.

>reading random Cracked article

>see this attack on Who

Plebs.

Here: cracked.com/blog/5-current-tv-shows-that-get-more-praise-than-they-deserve/

Oh boy, I'm reading the comment section. There are some people who have good arguments, and even the people who dislike the Dr Who are saying the article sucks, but then there's the guy who said "Doctor Who is a children's show." Thankfully, some people pointed out that "family show" does not mean "kiddy stuff."

I thought off-season /who/ was supposed to be fun

We're making a whole fanfic anthology. How much funner can you get?

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._1

I swear Cracked were posting pieces bitching about Doctor Who like 5 years ago, are they really still at it? Who hurt them?

Hype train /who/ > off-season /who/ > on-season /who/

Which one of you wrote this comment?

Um, that drawing of Gareth has a few changes from most pictures of him. :)

Seriously, well done.

wew. I need to do some relistens tbqhwy

Circular Time
Jubilee. Or Maybe Holy Terror. Or Pirates.
Master? Maybe UNIT: Dominion
The War Doctor: The Innocent Just kidding uhh. Fanfare for the Common Men? Kingmaker? Eternal Summer? Flip-Flop?Arrangements For War? Find/Replace? Psychodrome? Christ guys I could do this all day.

Fine I can at least assure you Circular Time and Piscon Paradox are my top 2. Because those are the only ones I didn't have any reservations about.

>[in reference to a Dalek] Just look at that fucking thing. There are at least 15 people on the Cracked staff right now who could build a more menacing villain using nothing but spare shit we have lying around the office.
NO YOU FUCKING COULDN'T REEEEEEEEEEE

That's barely the tip of it. Check the comments.

In retrospect, this is a really crappy Photoshop job. Emma Stone as Iris Wildthyme is still a choice I stand by, though.

Aside from guys who managed to break into the business like Cornell and Aaronovitch, why have most of the good VNA authors just fizzled out? Kate Orman hasn't written a novel in forever. Marc Platt is stuck being Hinchcliffe's script monkey. Parkin's still stuck on making Who encyclopedias instead of making another Just War. Miles' situation has already been well-documented.

Wot. you've broken me. My revised list:

The Kingmaker
The Widow's Assassin
The Curious Incident of the Doctor in the Night-Time (made me cry tbf flimflam)
Omega

I know Paul Cornell writes novels. Kate Orman writes short stories, like here: cosmosmagazine.com/science-fiction/keeping-mum .

Doctor Who novels aren't what they used to be. NSAs only aim to be average tie-in fiction, and I don't think BBC Books is interested in having Orman, Platt, etc. back.
If you want to write something that's as good as the best NAs, you have to either do it as an original novel like Aaronovitch (and becoming a popular author isn't easy at all) or write thinly-disguised DW fanfic that only a few hundred people will buy and pray that the BBC won't sue your ass, like Jim Mortimore does.

Cartmel had a thing out recently too

>cover quote by Aaronovitch
>a person who literally owes his job to Cartmel
Kek, no conflict of interests there at all.

Nope.

Unsatisfied with the lack of Dalek murder (that is, murdering of filthy Daleks) in Who? Here's your chance to fix that.

I'm gonna add a few interludes in the anthology based on the Dalek Killers short in the anthology: docs.google.com/document/d/19hCPTNu2pJHix9LCuToW139aFeI0VfcD2jxIrsYLbaU/ . All you need to know is that it's a story about killing Daleks, and it has an ax-crazy Nine during the Time War, and two companions. If you want to write a short interlude about that, just make sure to include Nine, at least one of these characters: Abslom Daak, Ace, Wilf, Leela, Dodo Chaplet, and a third character of your choice.

I just want 1--4 paragraphs. The funnier, and the more dead Daleks involved, the better.

Here's an idea of the sort of interludes I want: docs.google.com/document/d/1zpkBrIEmiXNCUX_fMV5IZTC4HrYJwIR2YfpbxjObaTk/

dwexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/The_Reuben_Roper_Doctor_(The_Dark_Doctor)

>it's a wanking over Karen Gillan episode

"My salt intake is at an all-time high!" the Doctor yelled. Ever since going to the salt mines of Claubol, the Doctor's sodium levels rivaled those of the great whales of Blertum. At first, he didn't know where to spill his salt so his body could remain healthy, until an idea popped up!

His friends Wilf and the Jewish kid from The Goldbergs, also high in salt intake, traveled with him to the planet of Skaro so they could shed their salty seed. But not in the sexual way, no sir. Spreading the tentacles of a Kaled mutant was not in the Doctor's mind... for this week. Instead, the Doctor and his friends stripped their chests bare and rubbed Kaled mutants on them, feeling these alien scum dry up and scream as their bodies were absorbing the salt. At least an entire shaker's worth of salt got into one Kaled mutant's big yellow eye, making it as red and veiny as the fetuses of the tropical planet Abortos. So many Daleks could taste the Doctor's salt, so many unable to go back to their normal exterminating lives after the shear amount of salt assault. Having no choice, the Daleks committed mass suicide. The end.

>mfw reading that story in thread ruined my Karen-pic appetite

If it's true...poor Karen.

Yeah, it's messed up. At least she seems to be doing well now though.

What gives me hope is that the "drunk Karen" story is common, so maybe that user made it up, knowing it would be believed due to the reference to a real event.

Either way, I hope she's okay now.

Anyone with any alcohol experience has a "black out drunk / did stupid shit" story.

Really nothing to see or be concerned with there.

Stay alive, /who/ .

I said STAY ALIVE, /WHO/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

sTAy aLiVe

>captcha: Harkness Street

Christmas guest star confirmed

Who is a fuckin shit show. Cappy barely stays constant from ep to ep, and Clara went from blank personality, to unlikeable personality. Good fucking riddance. I'm not even gonna mention Maisie "All I can do is Arya" Williams.

Oddly, I'm looking forward to Bill.

Hopefully this bait will wake up /who/

Someone, anyone, post something in here.

benis

I can't believe Foon is a real Who character

>foon autograph
Lucky sonofabitch.

So Jackie Tyler's in a Torchwood audio, and Martha's mom will be in a 5 story with the Racnoss. Why is Briggs going cougarhunting all of a sudden?

>Martha's mom will be in a 5 story with the Racnoss
For what purpose?

Singing autographs just for appearing in one Who episode's a surprising way to maintain a steady income. I heard a guy who said he makes a decent living entirely off of playing a random UNIT soldier.

Surely it helps as a supplemental income. Danny pink does custom video greetings and what not. Probably depends on how comfortable a lifestyle you want to lead.

I like the idiots lantern for one scene only. The wire becoming colour

I thought the actress was just playing the Racnoss?

That was one of the first Doctor Who episodes I watched, and I mainly remember it for the dad being such a cunt. Every scene he was in was dedicated to him yelling and being horrible to his family, and the occasional hint that he beats his son. And then the Doctor has the gall to tell the guy's son to forgive him for being a twat. Such a weird and uncomfortable element in what I thought was some nostalgic throwback to 50s Britain.

Is that Kate Winslet?

Yeah. They were in a movie together.

What's a good free streaming service? A lot of videos on shush.se have been deleted and I don't want to sit around waiting for torrents to download

Maybe this? Watching a live stream of Mr. Robot on it now.

stream2watch.cc/

new DWM tomorrow, i'll get it up as soon as I can

Chronological user here,

Watching mawdryn undead, Turlough is pretty sketch.

Prisoner
Chimes
Death in the family
Farewell Great Macedon
Foe from the Future

is there ask moffat

There should be

Master
Kingmaker
Natural History of Fear
Book of Kells
The Doomwood Curse

hype

What are you listening to /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=j3RMQofC2d4

She'll get to Gareth tomorrow. Right now she has something to do.
youtu.be/AmSV2cim0Qg

youtube.com/watch?v=hGO_S_NX5Hg

leaked s10 outfit
GET HYPE

Won't be surprised if they fuck him up even more

bad meme

The Chimes of Midnight
Spare Parts
The Natural History of Fear
Scherzo
Unbound: Deadline

Also y'all confirmed that Nardole is appearing on the Christmas Special?

Thank you, Cloister and Belle.

i hate moffat and his meme characters like Nardole but I hate more the retarded fans that keep encouraging him to bring them back

He really does, BF are taking their sweet time hiring that impersonator who can do a perfect Hartnell

It's a pretty good movie too. Eccleston and Winslet had great chemistry.

James Cameron cast her in the role of Rose in Titanic after seeing her in this film.

It's even more stupid when you realize Moffat used a really good Hartnell impersonator for Day of the Doctor. It's also the same guy they used to help rerecord the missing episodes. tardis.wikia.com/wiki/John_Guilor

that's the chap I meant, I really don't think he would be too expensive for them considering they managed to get John Hurt. We could be listening to the First Doctor call for Chatterton RIGHT NOW but no...

No problem. She thinks the Clala one looks like Dean Venture with long hair. She'll be starting on Gareth in a moment. Trying to find a good Gareth to show her.

Remember where we are. People make shit up all the time because they're lonely.

Oh yeah, Doom Coalition 3 is out. Somebody spoil /who/ and tell us if it's good or not.

youtu.be/fdAKP2p0tT8

Can't wait.

Has anyone seen the latest Shield ep? I'm hype.

Don't you think /who/ looks tired?

They brought back The Shield?

Jenna's really let herself go.

I actually laughed, well done

youtube.com/watch?v=a8aovhOuJE4

Reminder Series 9 was swine shite

Big Finish on MY spotify?

Question, now that Gallifrey is Kinda back, does that mean the Monk, the Rani and all the other renegades are back in action in their tardises doing shit across the universe?

Readers of The Guardian have voted Heaven Sent their 2nd favorite TV episode of all time.

(Boys from the Black stuff - Yosser's Story was no.1).

See, that question's been annoying me ever since I first got into the show. Since renegade Time Lords use, well, time machines, what's stopping the Doctor from bumping into a past incarnation of the Master or encountering his pal Drax? Are they just timelocked? Do those reapers from Father's Day show up if they meet?

Aren't they all hiding away at the end of time? Cos they're hated by everyone. And exiled Rassilon has no TARDIS, or ways of getting one.

Wew lads.

I've always assumed the Eye of Harmony keeps all the time lords kinda in sync.

River Song the exception because she's mostly human.

Everyone except the Master, Braxiatel, maybe Marnal and Susan were stuck in the Time Lock.

The Master's busy fucking shit up with the Doctor (and uses the Doctor's TARDIS instead of his own suggesting it's lost), Braxiatel is too busy waging a Time War with the Deindum and might have gotten sent back (I still think he has his Type 80), Marnal basically sacrificed himself (I don't think he has a TARDIS any more) and who knows what Susan is doing (No she definitely doesn't have a TARDIS). Can't remember what happened to the Eleven.

Jenny died and the Doctor's other adopted daughter also died (as well as her original dad) and neither of them have access to time machines.

As for the rest of the TLs who were trapped in the Time Lock, anyone who has burnt through all 13 regenerations is pretty much a goner. The Ancestor Cell even mentions them force regenerating all 11 of a TL's incarnations to sustain a shield and in Human Nature it's implied that everyone knows that TLs can regen 13 times so they simply kill them over until they die. Not to mention the nature of the Time War - since it's retroactive and in the future at the same time you can effectively wipe people and their motivations out of existence the way that Collection Braxiatel loves.

I don't think that losing the Time Lock would magically restore all the dead TLs back to life. Even if they survived the Time War they could also have fallen to a greater entity like the Celestial Toymaker for instance.

As for Drax, I think that Altrazar is a metaphor for Gallifrey since it's the temporal place lost to time but he clearly managed to get out somehow and still retains his own TARDIS if I remember correctly.

EU/BBV says the TARDISes became sentient/humanoid, made their own House and rekt/rebelled against the TLs.

Nothing as far as I'm aware.

Drax (Perkins) was not in the time lock, he just hid and changed his name.

Wrong quote
>Drax (Perkins)
What a wasted twist.

>No she definitely doesn't have a TARDIS
She does if you prefer the John Peel version of her life to the Marc Platt/Nick Briggs one. Not that anyone does that.

Anyway, the Minister of Chance should still be around as well.

>tfw I haven't read the Peel version

You aren't missing out on much. Though I do kind of like the idea of her travelling on her own.

I'm confused as to how I actually managed to miss reading it.

I read all the initial EDAs sequentially, maybe I broke the pattern by going from Longest Day to Seeing I.

Legacy is completely standalone, I think you could go from Longest Day to Dreamstone Moon without even knowing that you've skipped a book.

death doesn't mean much to the Time Lords anyway considering they have the matrix and were able to revive soldiers willy nilly.

BF's Gallifrey series had a whole bunch of invading Daleks coming in THROUGH the Matrix if I remember correctly. Things getting corrupted, imperiatrixes and terrorists getting dangerously close to the APC Net etc.

Faction Paradox also had House Paradox playing havoc with the biodata stored in the Matrix and rewriting it to their design.

>Merlin in Doctor Who
>he isn't a future Doctor like Battlefield said
DROPPED

>he isn't a future Doctor like Battlefield said
says who?
He's also Merlin from Captain Britain.

I want them to start reintroducing the old Time Lord characters as well as bringing new Time Lords in, New and returning Time Lords that have plot arcs will freshen up the series again.

>bringing back a bunch of stale shite no one cared about in the first place will freshen up the show
Nah.

>a bunch of stale shite
Like your bait. KEK

Thanks, I'm quite proud of it :^)

I dislike both, really. Although I'd probably favour the Peel route as it gives Susan control of her life and a future as an independant character.
Briggs Susan is whiny and needy and not very strong.

>a bunch of stale shite
Like you Monganon.

I had a dream like this once

OK Dimmeh

>jenna will never give birth to you

>ywn fingernail vore with clala

That's Gareth.

clala my clala
the imposmbll grill
oh clala clala
i don't think you will

r8 my poem

A bit short and ambiguous. Excellent meme placement however.Bretty gud/10

Haven't watched Doctor Who in about 9 months.

Did she get a tit job yet?

>Haven't watched Doctor Who in about 9 months.
Funny you say that, neither have I. I think I must have last watched it in about December.

What an odd coincidence.

It's shit.

get fucked you ugly little prostitute

Now see here Moffat
I want Series 10
I want Series 10 AND a new companion
I want Series 10 AND a new companion AND a new Heaven Sent
And while we're at it…

I want Capaldi
I want bearded Capaldi
So much beard and so much hair
It would be unfair
To Tom and Jon's great wear
No, now!

I want a Dalek
I want a Cyber
Sleek looking silver and a galaxy glider and a really good writer
Give it to me… NOW!

I want Gallifrey,
I want Ras' my bae
I want to lock it all up in my pocket
Universe it's my rocket
Give it to me…NOW!

I want Davros
I want the Mara
I want to see them all day long in my head and I don't want to lose 'em'

I want a party of the Doctors' laughter
Twelve stories all so extreme
And if I don't get the things I am after
I'm gonna scream!

I want VNA,
I want VNA darkness!
Zygons and Slitheens, and Chumblies and Drahvins, and Oods and Argolins
And now!
Don't care how I want it now!
Don't care how I want it now!

cats12 rap level bars

This rings a bell...

It reminds me of that time Adam REKT him and he ran away crying.
Also the time he ran away crying from Thoraxtime.

Hartnell is the true Doctor.

Basically this. Undiluted concept.

doctor who is not a good show

We know, Davros.

What happened in Thoraxtime

Neither are most shows watched in the history of mankind. Even the "good" ones.

dont feed him

>talking to yourself

/who/ is never going to recover is it?

Yes it will. Wait for the Christmas special.

Just wait for the Class trailer

My sisters, the Doctor has returned to Karn.

THAT'S GARETH!!!

Did anyone else mark out for the return of The Cybermen comic strip in DWM? They were a big part of my 90s yoof collecting the mag.

no

Nobody likes the 90s.

Name ONE good thing that came out of the '90s that isn't Jurassic Park. You fucking can't do it.

the world wide web

Nirvana.

Both awful.

The 8th Doctor.

The iconic and classic novels The Highest Science, The Romance of Crime, The Well-Mannered War, and The English Way of Death

fuck offerino

You were born in that period so you may be right.

kek

Moffat so obviously wanted into Jenna's pants.

Obviously, he's not gay.

That's a surprisingly good likeness of Gareth!

I hate her but I'd still fuck her. Obviously.

Gareth Roberts's wife must be so proud of him burning all his bridges

>"wife"
Do you mean that in the metaphorical sense?

>Gareth Roberts
>wife
Um.

Why do you hate her?

'Hate' seems a strong word. She's not my favorite companion, but I liked her.

Yes she is either exactly like him, so doesn't care, or must be thinking she'll never get DW work again of any kind.
Someone tweet Clayton and ask her.

No i mean the woman he married. He must have a wife unless he lives alone which i doubt because he probably gets around a $1million salary for his scripts

Erm, he's gay. Dunno if he has a husband.

Oh dear lord...

he aint married m8

Technically, Clayton is the 'he' and Gareth Hitler is the 'she'.

Any more high-res pics like these?

Gareth is so right wing, it's difficult to believe he's not str8.

Posting the covers to Doom Coalition 3.

What was everyone's opinion of the DWM comics back then? I really never paid attention to the novels, I stuck with the comics, which sometimes tried to be a kid-friendlier VNA, I remember they killed Ace off before the TV Movie aired.

No joke. Look at this image. What a bunch of miserable looking bastards.
All three look like they are going to commit suicide.

Liv Chenka looks even more boring and unhappy than ever.

oh for fuck sake! No way I am buying this rubbish.

Look, Nick. I know you glad to get your grabby hands on Alex Kingston, but can you stop putting her everywhere now?

She is getting better proportionately with distance between her and Doctor.

Liv Chenka's actor always looks like she fucking despises life to the core of her being.

It is well known that the 8th Doctor comic run is considered the finest Dr Who comics run of all time.

Nobody can save us from River Song in her fetish gear.

I was not memeing she looks utterly wooden and also sounds lifeless.

Helen looks so out of place here.

Was I the only one who thought she was Indian based on how they tinted the color on her face? And that Chenka sounds vaguely Indian, I guess?

I think they know these expressions are awful and they've asked her to gurn a bit.

Yes. You were the only one. Probably.

Liv Chenka sounds east European to me.

In the future everyone will be sort of brown.

Hi Cats! You're still lurking here anonymously, glad to see you whiskered maniacyou.

Clockwork droids n shit. More River but she's a nun. Liv on suicide watch. Helen has no discernable personality.

I'm glad I am not paying for this dreck.

Underappreciated women from the past make best waifus.

But I'm not giving them my money either, for I have none.

ANY inkling from those covers of ANY ongoing 'Doom Coalition' story of an kind?

No.

According to notthebigfinishforum it's the best boxset so far, with the first story being the best Eighth Doctor one in ages.

Well the third episode has "doomsday" in the title. That's it though.

You are joking right?

notthebigfinishforum.freeforums.net/thread/1701/doom-coalition-vol-spoilers-release?page=3
No.

At least this boxset looks like it has a unifying theme, rather than just being four completely different episodes joined by tenuous links. That was my main complaint about DC 1 and 2, so this one should be better.
That said, River's presence worries me. She can't meet classic Doctors, so they'll have to come up with some bullshit to keep her away from Eight, only this time it will be across four episode rather than just one. This might get tiresome very quickly.

You misunderstand. Why would I go by their opinion?

I've seen similar praise on Twitter.

People saying it's very emotional.

That usually means 'over the top mawkish melodrama'.

Viagra without any doubt
Best solution for prem ejac.

All right, I guess someone here has to bite the bullet and listen to the audios themselves to hear if they're as good as Twitter says.

I'm waiting for my discs to arrive.

I sure we'll get plenty of reviews by anons once it's up on ABB.

I'll have to wait until it's uploaded to VK.

Even my reliable source does not have it yet. An omen?

One hand, Dorney and 8's always been a combo I liked, and two Dorney stories sounds cool. On the other, Fitton's never been above decent for me. Even Briggs has more hits than he does.

Fitton started off great IMO. He was writing really clever new DW stuff. These dumbed down box sets have killed him.

That's ok. I kinda like 'over the top mawkish melodrama'.

>as good as Twitter says

I like BF but I think BF's fans on twitter are of the kind that praise anything they come out with, it doesn't matter if the stories are just average they will say it's the best thing ever.

Yeah I don't think he's topped Return of the Rocket Men.

Although I heard great things about Equilibrium.

Equilibrium and Return of the Rocket Men were cool. Aside from those I agree, none of his work really stands out.

I know.

>BF's fans on twitter are of the kind that praise anything they come out with
This.

The same goes for the "review" sites they always link on their wesite.

Well ofc if it's on the official BF page they will link the favorable reviews. I don't know if I've ever seen a bad review for them asides from Minuet from Hell but it seems The Third Doctor boxset got a lukewarm response from a lot of people.

>The Third Doctor boxset got a lukewarm response from a lot of people.
Which almost certainly means they didn't like them. I do not know anyone who thinks they are good.

And so well respected that RTD wanted to regenerate McGann to Eccelston in it

Yeah, but those sites are almost always enthusiastic. If they have numerical ratings they are always high, at worst they'll give a story a 6/10.
The point of a review should be to tell you whether something is worth buying or not, a review site that praises everything is useless by definition.
I think they do it for the publicity they get from BF. They give BF good reviews and get traffic to their sites in exchange.

Fuck, I miss docoho. He could be enthusiastic about Big Finish while still being critical of their modern output.

What happenned to him?

Is it time to regenerate /who/?

Based Styre always seemed the better reviewer to me :
audioreviews.org.uk/

>a review site that praises everything is useless by definition

Not really, I've seen plenty of reviewers of different kinds of media say "If it's great I will put up a review of it" and say that they don't want to write a scathing review because that time could be spent exposing people to better stuff. I don't have a problem with that way of doing things.

>last post 4 September
I doubt he died or anything

>Not really, I've seen plenty of reviewers of different kinds of media say "If it's great I will put up a review of it" and say that they don't want to write a scathing review because that time could be spent exposing people to better stuff. I don't have a problem with that way of doing things.

Then that reviewer does not 'praise everything' only by not reviewing things they don't like.
Other reviewers review everything and praise everything.
Your argument makes no sense.

I agree. He's more concise than Oho, and yet in a few paragraphs tells you most of what you need to know about a story. He can also be entertaining even when writing a very negative review.

audioreviews.org.uk/archives/2779
>Oh, and the Black Guardian is in this. He might as well not be, as he makes almost no difference to the plot, but he’s there, ranting and raving about chaos and how the universe will soon be his. Here is an actual Black Guardian quote that I transcribed from a second listen because I hate myself: “Bravo, Doctor, bravo! My work here is done! You have stopped Cuthbert! The spaceship will never crash! The tritonium will never be found by the Victorians! Cuthbert will never be able to irradiate it and create the tritonium AIs that will make the Conglomerate into an intergalactic corporation!” That is laughably, staggeringly bad writing. David Troughton can barely get the words out in a comprehensible manner.

But we aren't talking about a site that recommends specific stories and just avoids talking about the bad ones. These people review every single Big Finish release, and according to them each one is great.

>I've seen plenty of reviewers of diff....

Where.

it's getting a second series apparently

this will literally be the whole show in series 2, the queen wanted prince albert's dick so often she became his brood mare

Nah. Just taking time.

No you misunderstood

I take it we're all mega excited for that Class Q&A tomorrow? Just raring to go, right? Hyped beyond belief?

I'm sure I'll watch it when it airs but the weirdo fans surrounding it have turned me off for the moment.

Why the fuck does she remind me of Whoopi Goldberg here? Like she literally looks like Whoopi Goldberg but white.

How many bags does the Doctor use on her

What weirdo fans?

sister act?

They're on twitter mostly. A bunch of stalkers basically. They're the Adam Orfords of Class.

NO YOU MISUNDERSTOOD

THAT'S NOT WHAT'S BEEN FOUND

>tfw Adam Orford hasn't even stalked the Class cast because there's been zero hype for it

You were saying?

twitter.com/AdamOrford1/status/742813534548021248

Fuck off. Her name is Nicola Walker, and am still baffled why she wasn't nominated for a Bafta for a couple of TV shows she was in last year.

WILL HE EVER BE STOPPED?

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I think user was just pointing out that Liv is frowning in almost all her pics.

But Nicola gives out a good performance. Liv is just a more serious character.

Is Peter Capaldi the best actor on television?

No. Watch the end of The Magician's Apprentice to see why.

But Heaven Sent.

but the caretaker

What? He was fine in the Caretaker.

I did

Not many actors can lead a whole TV ep 99% single handed. I'd put him in the top 5 of living British actors.

How many locks of her hair do you think he stole?

>Ashildr is a Kanye West fan

nice

She probably accused him of rape

what

Don't mind it, that's just user's only experience with meeting a woman in public.

fucking kek

There might be a trailer streamed then.

>it's a River joins a nunnery episode

>"Doing an audio thing with Jenna? I'll do anything with Jenna." -Michelle Gomez

you just KNOW

She says "you're too kind, thank you."

Taking any other poorly drawn, anthology illustration requests! She rather enjoys drawing for /who/.

Thanks, Belle! Here are some more requests. Do however many or few you want to do:

War Doctor looking angrily at an old women (like Ohila), who is knitting.

8th Doctor looking at a sad Paul McGann.

A man (or woman) in a bed with a cute crab-person, with the Ninth Doctor looking surprised. Crab-person should look part crab, and part like Kathyrn Prescott: google.com/search?q=kathryn prescott .

The Seventh Doctor and a blonde woman, staring at a sunny field.

Nine, Abslom Daak, and Ace ripping apart Daleks.

Sixth Doctor looking at a tasty pie (that has a sign over it saying "Don't eat!".

Dammit, I'm going to miss this guy

>GEORGE THE LOVEBIRD asks: Is there any character you've developed over a few episodes that you wish in hindsight you'd developed in a different direction?

>SM: Sometimes I regret killing off a character in the first episode they appear, but I express my regret by bringing them back with no decent explanation.

Are you getting illustrations for all the stories? Have mine been illustrated?

Hello, Ben. I'm not getting illustrations for all stories--heck, I didn't expect to get any. But Belle's been nice enough to volunteer.

Do you want illustrations for your stories?

new thread

She'll see what she can do. Some seem like they might be difficult, but she'll give it a go.
She's taking requests if you're interested. No promises though, her abilities are limited. As seen here.