What went wrong

What went wrong

Wrestling with Angels didn't actually happen.

Nothing you faglord

Nothing you faglord

Nothing you faglord

Idris Elba didn't want to be turned into the antagonist and they had to rethink their entire plan.

Damon Lindelof was a fucking hack liar that made it all up as he went along.

Nothing you faglord

The disabled man wasn't confined to his wheelchair for the entire show.

Everything past S2 went wrong.

nothing, plebs who were only in it for muh mysteries didnt even understand the ending

season 5
it had to end on magic.

should a ended with sci fi stuff.

In a series so complex it if impossible to say what could have changed to be better. But I think the one thing hey could objectively drop to make the series better if they were to redo it, would be to drop the whole thing about Walt being "special".

It contradicted with the rest of the narrative completely.

Everything after the first two seasons

Had no idea where they were going, couldn't write characters.

Pretty much pure shit all around.

Despite the chaotic writing it's actually a perfect show.

I never understood this argument. Can you name one good TV series that was completely plotted prior to air?

firefly

The problem isn't that it wasn't completely plotted, the problem is that they had NO FUCKING idea what they were doing and in the end couldn't salvage the shitshow in any way and end up with a contrived and contradicting mess.

They admitted to writing as they went beyond the first season.

That's a terrible decision for a mystery drama series. Especially one that requires a substantial backstory that fits correctly with the characters on the island.

Add in actors saying they would walk if the writers went ahead with their early plot points and you have all the makings of a shit-show.

Didn't the faggots even lie that they have it all planned out?

>HURRR HURRR HURRR IT'S EITHER PLOTTED 100% FROM REASON 1 TO 100 OR IT'S ALL MADE UP AS THEY GO

Fucking end yourself you fucking dipshit.

They did have an idea up to and including season 3. But then IAdewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje quit due to racism.

He was going to become the smoke monster but felt that it was racist so he quit and they had to rethink everything they were going to do, making Locke into the monster instead.

Making things up as they went and then realizing they had dug themselves into a hole near the end.

The whole purgatory end was basically the writers admitting they didn't have any better. Plus blatantly taking an out there fan theory and making it canon endgame was the staff literally admitting they fucked things up.

All 3 season were plotted and mapped out at the start of production, with fill in episodes sprinkled in as they went.

I read he quit because he hated Hawaii and missed his family

It's all made up retard, writers are not oracles divining events from another dimension.

The problem isn't that they made some shit up as they went; It's that they didn't have any idea what the endgame for the series when they started.

This meant the writers argued and had tons of false starts and red herrings as the show went on. To the point that most of the writers now admit they rushed the hell out of everything in the final season.

I didn't say cartoons for babies.

This.

Writing as you go is fine but only if you have the major acts at least somewhat plotted out. If not it will lead to rambling and wasted time.

Here's my opinions about the show - agree or disagree with them:

>the musical composition was beautiful and fitting
>the thing that drew me into the show was learning the mystery behind each character and how they interacted with each other in the first two seasons
>show kills off Boone (which I can understand is needed to give plot development) but I felt his presence latter in the show could have been more
>show starts killing tons of main characters and replaces them with generic brand nerds that no one cares about
>since show had killed off too many main characters they ditched giving main characters exposition flashbacks which was the main reason for me watching the show
>show started focusing more on fixing plot holes in the story towards the end rather than focusing on character building (oh, this lighthouse was here before, but we just didn't find it i guess...)
>they kill off Locke (the single greatest character in the show) and replace him with a plothole filling character that looks like him in an attempt to say 'we didn't kill locke really!'
>the mystery of the first season and second season that kept me driving to watch the next episode started wearing off after Season 3

I'm waiting for the future where you can wipe memories out of your head so I can watch the first two seasons again. They were truly the greatest experiences I have ever had in a television show.

What about The Constant my man? Literally best sci-fi in a tv show i've seen