What did you think of the war and peace mini?

what did you think of the war and peace mini?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H0R1vvfYAPs
telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/23/welcome-to-versailles-the-bbcs-raunchy-new-drama-set-in-the-cour/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That duel at the end had some serious feels

An instant classic

>Aristocratic Russians and French
>Played by filthy English speaking in British accents

Even worse, there was not a singe PoC in the entire production. Not even an halfblood prince (and european history is full of mixed kings, there were black kings in Russia, England, Ireland, a bunch in France, at least 2 in the Netherlands).

The only good thing was it made me read the book which was much better I just wish I could read it in the original russian.

They should do the other book too the one with Kiera Knightly that film was shit but that book is top shelf, pretty well written too. I honestly thought it would be shit because most books about women are.

too much cucking

The 70s BBC miniseries is easily better in every regard

dostoevsky or tolstoy?

when will we get a decent crime and punishment?

That one was even worse with some of the worst acting and production values in recorded history the only good bbc show from back then is I, Claudius.

god tier score
youtube.com/watch?v=H0R1vvfYAPs

Worst acting and production values? I think you should eat a bullet you little shit, Anthony Hopkins alone pits the 70s one above this trash

Wolf Hall, Last Kingdom and this.

BBC on a good run with the historical shit.

Give me pix of scully, all the other chicks are ugly/boring

it's there also a versailles show?

>Anthony Hopkins alone

lol go suck dicks. 70s WAP was forgettable trash which is why they remade it and now finally have a miniseries they can be proud of. I, Claudius is the only good thing from that era of BBC.

Don't care for it. Didn't like it.

It insists upon itself.

Couldn't even finish it. I've tried 3 different times.

Show is total shit complete lgbt pandering

I think it's French actually.

Oh.....well that's a shame

>Versailles is a British-Franco-Canadian television series set during the construction of Versailles Palace during the reign of Louis XIV that premiered on November 16, 2015 on Canal+ in France and Super Channel in Canada, in June 2016 on BBC2 in Britain

Well. I don't think the BBC had much to do with the production.

They did actually.

telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/23/welcome-to-versailles-the-bbcs-raunchy-new-drama-set-in-the-cour/

Good attempt
6/10

They made the effort of putting CGI ships in the Neva river but forgot to change the fucking colour of the Winter Palace from green to yellow.

>It's an The aristocracy doesn't realize their days are numbered and the proletariat will rise up episode.

Literally says it's a canal+ production and the most expensive French show ever.

Didn't expect you to actually read it past the title tbch

kudos I guess

Thought it was great. worthy companion to the novel

Nobody cares.

t. a history major

looks boring as fuuuuuuck

I mean, that's basically the French BBC

I care

t.actual history major

thats fucking autistic nitpicking. you do this because you dont actually know what to critique, if you did youd spend your energy talking about that,

It was too fixated on the superficial sensuality and completely ignored or misunderstood the philosophical underpinnings of the novel.

Not to mention Tolstoy's ENTIRE historigraphical approach to the Napoleonic Wars or even just Borodino alone was cut out.

Bondarchuk's adaptation may not have aged well, but at least it's actually War and Peace.

Wish it had a few more episodes because the pacing felt rushed. Lily James was ridiculously cute.

yeah she was cute, shame her character was such a filthy slut though.

I'm surprised there's no coons in it desu, blackwashing historical european settings is insanely popular with leftist afrocentrist anti-whites right now (see BF1)

History major. I don't give a fuck if they messed up the color. You're just a nitpicking cunt.

Loved it to death! My mother was obsessed with it, and showed it to me. Thought it would be terrible was completely shocked when it was beautiful

It wasn't green until 1947. It's like putting the statue of liberty in John Adams.

Lily James has very sexy arm hair.