Why are Rob Zombie movies so fucking stupid, Cred Forums? Who ever even got him to the position he's in and how?

Why are Rob Zombie movies so fucking stupid, Cred Forums? Who ever even got him to the position he's in and how?

All style, no substance. Kind of interesting art direction and it's cool that he casts a lot of actors from old obscure horror movies, House of 1000 Corpses was good fun but that's pretty much it.

That one he made kind of recently where his wife was the lead had some pretty good looking shots even though most of the movie was boring nonsense.

>Why are Rob Zombie movies so fucking stupid, Cred Forums?
because they are exactly how Rob wanted and envisioned them

Children's Hospital got dark in it's last season.

It's always the same grainy rural Americana, this is a setting and aesthetic that's very foreign to me, and it's not even presented in a cool way (like Tom Waits does it for example). Who's the main target audience for it in the US, heavy metal teenagers?

People who still unironically listen to Insane Clown Posse.

>heavy metal teenagers?
who live in bumfuck nowhere and like violence towards those they dislike: cops, religious people, pretty girls, jocks, so on and so forth

So basically The Amazing Atheist's audience?

>heavy metal teenagers?
You nailed it, user. His fanbase consists of heavy metal teenagers and fat neckbeards who used to be heavy metal teenagers.

Is that still a thing? Last I've seen them anywhere was the magnets meme, and that was after like a decade of no mention.

You once again nailed it.

Sadly yes, they are still making music and Juggalos are still a thing.

Cant stand his wife thats in every movie.

I'm 12 minutes in and they're already doing DUDE WEED LMAO so it seemed like an appropriate association. Don't know what I was expecting honestly, every single one of his movies is the same forgettable bullshit.

Rob Zombie's biggest problem is he keeps doing the same thing over and over again. House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects were fun schlock but the rest of his filmography is shit. His Halloween remakes were dumb schlock that didn't understand what made the original Halloween a great horror film and The Lords of Salem was a terrible mixture of dumb schlock and "artsy" nonsense. He should try doing something different instead of the same old "DUDE GORE, SWEARING, SEX AND WEED LMAO" shit.

It's what happens when pretentious assholes try to have a moral or have a "point" to their horror movies.

Horror is meant to be gorey and/or scarey. Stop trying to make it some deep ideological thing.

witches of salem I believe it's called. yeah that was one boring film and I loved house of a thousand corpses and the sequel

Lords of Salem was his best, fite me.

I can't figure out if he thinks rednecks are scary, or if he is one.

Pretty much sick of the whole "scary clown" thing though. Then again, I like clowns, don't have coulrophobia, and a part of me wishes I'd gone into the business. So I feel kind of hurt by the whole thing, in a way.

This has to be intentional.

Well clowns largely have the same makeup patterns but who knows.

There's a midget Hitler clown in this one.

All the concepts in his shit in general seem like half-baked shit that you make up with your friends while high, only he somehow has the money to make it real. Where the hell is this money coming from? Are his movies massive commercial successes? I have no idea.

it's true when they say all style no substance, the idea for this movie was great, kind of like a SAW game with different bosses each level, i thought Doomhead was interesting and his little Nosferatu getup looked great.. that's about it.

DEAD I AM THE ONE

As someone who has no strong feelings towards clowns either way, aside from thinking they are an overused trope in horror, but is kind of fascinated by people who choose to attend clown college, what was the appeal of wanting to be a clown?

I want to see him direct a real movie, he actually has an eye for lighting and scenery, but its in the service of such fucking shit that its just bizarre. Or at least use people that can actually act.

>Are his movies massive commercial successes?
>House of 1,000 Corpses - Budget: $7 million, Box Office: $16.8 million
>The Devil's Rejects - Budget: $7 million, Box Office: $19.4 million
>Halloween - Budget: $15 million, Box Office: $80.2 million
>Halloween II - Budget: $15 million, Box Office: $39.3 million
>The Lords of Salem - Budget: $1.5 million, Box Office: $1,544,989

Halloween is his only smash hit. House of 1,000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects and Halloween II were modest successes and The Lords of Salem was a flop.

31 was crowdfunded.

His name is Rob Zombie.

I'd say it was Devil's Rejects, tho Halloween is a close second. I didn't like Salem much, aside from some shots. Felt discombobulated. Liked 31 and had a lot of fun, gonna rewatch it soon.

>Who ever even got him to the position he's in
His band.

Sheri moon is a ugly skank cunt

>MY WIFE IS BADASS I SWEAR

his name is Rob Zombie. how do you even slightly take him seriously?

he's an entertainer, some people go to the movies to have fun, he's not trying to get you to sit there and scratch your head, it's all just silly ideas.

>a moral or have a "point" to their horror movies.
So the vast majority of 70s and 80s horror?

>Stop trying to make it some deep ideological thing.
Leatherface'd like a word with you.

What can I say? Doom-head got me all hot and bothered... Loved the character

>Horror is meant to be gorey and/or scarey. Stop trying to make it some deep ideological thing.
that's where you're wrong, sure nonsensical slashers are good fun, but the best horror films are about ideology, occult and psychological themes.

Which of the ladies was his wife?

well first and foremost it's about entertainment, but then there's the tribe factor, all clowns have their little group where theycan be their own alter ego/character in and it's like a little brotherhood, i work at a theme park seasonally for the Halloween event as a maze monster, the clown people who are out in the street all night are really tight knit, they're kinda like jocks.

If it was say his second or third film it would have been alright, felt like it should have came after House of 1000 Corpses.
There's no walking back from Lords of Salem though that movie was pure quality. 31 feels like a step backwards for him.

Charly

>best horror films are about ideology, occult and psychological themes
What ones spring to mind?

Oh, God... she looks 30 years younger than him