Mad Max >> Road Warrior > Fury Road >> Thunderdome

Mad Max >> Road Warrior > Fury Road >> Thunderdome

Mad Max > Road Warrior = Fury Road >>> Thunderdome

Thunderdome>Madmax>Road Warrior

Fury Road was unwatchable. couldn't finish

This

CUNDALINI WANTS HIS HAND BACK

Will Mad Max go back to being comfy? I am fine with some modern spectacles, but Fury Road was 1 giant action sequence.

The night rider >> the toe cutter

i think i agree with this, tho thunderdome was a good "kids movie"

fuck it, why do you think thunderdome is the best

Fury Road was the ultimate culmination of what George Miller set out to achieve with the series. Nostalgiafags need to go.

Did he actually cut a toe?

>tho thunderdome was a good "kids movie"

Nah it was just an imitation of Spielberg's 80s stuff. The first half of the movie was really fucking good though and if it stuck with the concept of Max manipulating people in Bartertown to get what he needed it'd stay that way.

Miller said he wants the next one to be more lowkey, so I'm hoping for pretty comfy Max/dog/shotgun/car action.

>it's a people pretend FR wasn't the best Mad Max film thread

>Thinks Miller's success with FR erases his past greatness.

>Fury Road >Road Warrior >Mad Max >Thunderdome

admit it, without Mel Gibson, any of the original three would be cheesy B movie trash.

Fury Road works great despite Hardy and Therons lackluster performances.

suck my dick

Is that Jay Leno?

i felt like being brainwashed by feminists which kinda makes the movie worse
still alright though

It did nothing better than any of the other films. Name something in it you think was better.

Road Warrior > Fury Road = Mad Max >>>>>>>>>> Thunderdome

best mad max stunt?

>so I'm hoping for pretty comfy Max/dog/shotgun/car action.
It's gonna be Furiosa/sexism/toxic masculinity

>any of the original three would be cheesy B movie trash
That's what they are.That's what they're meant to be.

What a treasure. Hope Mel can make an appearance.

Road Warrior=Fury Road >Mad Max> Thunderdome

Yeah, followed by this

Fury Road is so fucking overrated and I know most of it wasn't CGI, but if you're doing a film about living in a post-apocalyptic world, you're better off having it be a low-budget thing with a hint of fantasy to it, like Road Warrior. Fury Road was just too overproduced.

Road Warrior>Mad Max>Thunderdome>Hell Comes to Frogtown>dog shit>Fury LOAD

Fury Road's plot is kind of a big ripoff of Hell Comes to Frogtown btw, not even kidding

The correct answer.

>ranking mad max ahead of road warrior

>Fury Road is so fucking overrated and I know most of it wasn't CGI, but if you're doing a film about living in a post-apocalyptic world, you're better off having it be a low-budget thing with a hint of fantasy to it, like Road Warrior. Fury Road was just too overproduced.

I agree 100%.

I can't believe three years passed between Mad Max and Road Warrior

I know in MM society was rapidly crumbling, but how did it go from functional hospitals, bars, cages, even ice-cream shops to new age barbarian punks roaming the wasteland?

it never says it's only been 3 years. i got the impression it was a decent amount longer

Thats because australians are filth

I'm sure George Miller said it's something around three years, maybe a little longer

I'd just love to see something set between 1 and 2, to get an insight

I don't really like to think too literally about things like that. The world of the first one is in chaos and he struggles to defend his family against it. He fails, and embraces the violence around him.

In the second one it's a total wasteland, because that's how a man like him would view the world even if he lived in today's society as is. The world may as well have never began, let alone ended, because he knows nothing else. 3 and FR are where the environments lose any symbolism and no longer really matter (though the first half 3 is sick as an adventure movie). FR might as well be a high fantasy movie, its setting is so unimportant

>ranking the original anywhere but at the top

Max went from the coast to inland after the events of the first film, just in time to avoid all the cities being nuked and world trade collapsing.

mah nigga

Road warrior>thunderdome>Mad Max>>> boxing day tsunami>>>>>>>>Fury Road

This is correct

>muh original is always better
I bet you think Terminator 1 is better than T2, you faggot

No but Mad Max is better than the Road Warrior

I can't remember Terminator I saw them as a kid

mad max>road warrior>thunderdome

He's wrong about Mad Max, but yes Terminator is far better than T2. It isn't even close. I bet you think Aliens is better than Alien.

Terminator 1 is much better than T2, but RW is better than MM. Though I do like MM more and more on each rewatch, I might come around to his way of thinking eventually

This, theres a lot of subtle lore to the first 3 Mad Max movies, and they don't connect to Fury Road at all. Like Max is in his early or mid 20s in the first one, approaching 30 in Road Warrior, and an even 40 years old in Beyond Thunderdome

>but Fury Road was 1 giant action sequence.

You say that like it was a bad thing.

he's wrong. there are lots of breaks and beats. it's stupid to say otherwise. it just so happens that the action is all stale and boring and feels tame. and the beats are poorly written and really shitty. so in general the movie sucks and you're retarded

My fuckin nigga!

>Name something in it you think was better.

The special effects and direction was VASTLY superior. Miller himself has said how much better he thinks he did in FR than any other film he's ever done before.

Road Warrior and Mad Max had much better scripts though by far.

This

Different guy here, Fury Road is kind of a rehash of Road Warrior, two different groups are at war and Max is on the sidelines not giving a fuck if this came out 2 or 3 years after Thunderdome people would call out for rehashing it

I think most people would have just been happy that it was nothing like Thunderdome.

but first half of thunderdome is great. a rehash of that that has a proper second half could be a competitor for goat mad max film

>I bet you think Aliens is better than Alien.
No. In many cases the original IS the best of a series, but he implied that that is ALWAYS the case, which is completely false.

Just kidding I just reread the post and I'm actually retarded

This desu

Not him, but I enjoyed aliens more.

I agree it was a pretty good movie, but it doesn't really feel like Mad Max to me.

no director would ever say something negative about his movie while it's playing in the theaters

meant for this

It's strange, as much as Fury Road was basically a fantasy movie, a lot of the designs and costumes felt pretty uninspired to me. I remember the villains from Road Warrior much more vividly, and you can even pick out specific mooks in the action scenes.

It made them more interesting then the War Boys, as it lets you try and work out who these people used to be and why they joined up with The Humungus.

Don't you heroic fantasy?

Yeah, and that's why I like half of Thunderdome. That's why I like a lot of lame action, sci fi, and adventure movies. But they can only be truly good, truly art if it all means something. you must be able to connect to it in a way that matters to our world, otherwise you might as well be just reading pulp magazines and shit like that. Entertaining but hollow and empty, just like all television. Worthless, even if it's fun for a bit. That's what Fury Road is. It's not even impressive spectacle, it just feels too safe and clean compared to the others. It's a corporate product churned out as neatly as possible, no matter what anyone says.

I honestly can't rate them separately. When you look at them as a series you see one of the best and probably most realistic depictions of the break down of society.

In Mad Max there is still law and order in town, fighting to keep some level of order, but they're stretched thin and under funded. Lawlessness runs rampant and there are areas that have been given up with no law in them at all. Max eventually abandons law and order because order can't win over chaos, so he joins the chaos to exact justice.

In the Road Warrior, there is no law and no government yet there are still vestiges left of society, vehicles and gas mainly. Most fend for themselves with groups preying on them. There are those that cling still to the idea of society and order, but chaos swirls around them and seeks to feed off them and destroy them. Max, ultimately believes that they are doomed, but in the end, he gives them a chance to escape that fate.

Thunderdome sees almost nothing left of what society was, only a few memories. There are those who seek to rebuild society as an echo of it's former self, but like the world itself, that new society is toxic and decaying. Max reluctantly helps the children escape with the means to build a new society, but he knows it's not for him.

In Fury Road, history has become mythology, and a relic of the old world tries to reshape the world to worship him as a deity. Again, Max is reluctantly pulled into the conflict against his will, and his very blood is taken from him. As he fights to get away, he reluctantly aids a warrior trying to free a group from this abusive relic of the old world. In the end, he willingly gives his own blood to save this warrior.

Road Fury > Fury Road > Furious Max > Beyond Furydome

first post best post