ITT: Depression-core

Synecdoche: New York will destroy you. It's also a masterpiece.

For streamlined, easily consumed depression-core, watch Anomalisa. Same writer and director.

this is top tier alienated introverted internet age teen angst right here

f you want to see life going nowhere look no further than this masterpiece

How is this depressing? It's hopeful

there is almost nothing more devoid of joy and full of misery than this

In what way? I found it super depressing.

it's pretentious. so is anomalisa. nice try IMDBpleb

I'm not sure if it is depressioncore but it certainly gives me feels

fuck forgot image

>monica

I so rarely see this posted. It's the only movie that I watched, immediately watched again, then watched again with the director commentary.

"I like to party hard"

withnail&i.png

Fucking lightweights in this thread.

Literally throws his dreams away.

Moral of the story: You cant care about anything.

Real depression is never having anyone. better to have loved and loss than never have loved at all. kill yourself normie

The Comedy
The Thin Red Line

Haven't seen that, but No Country For Old Men is pretty depressing too.

>And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever I got there he would be there. And then I woke up...

;_;

There would be no eulogies for Bob.

A FUCKING LEAF-core

Felt nothing watching. Am I dead inside?

HANG ME
OH HANG ME
;_;

go back to fucking tumblr

okay?

Llewyn's life is in a loop but he improves it slowly each time. The movie shows him getting over Mike's death

nah it just means you can't relate to normalfag shit

Barry Lyndon

also a good choice

>No one has posted this yet

Incorrect. You don't know what you're missing out on, and the person you loved isn't getting dicked by someone else right now. Good attempt though, 6/10.

>falling for bait like this

What's some essential roaming around-core?

Saying "it's pretentious" should instantly disqualify you from any discussion on any art form, and for the record I don't like anomalisa all that much

The Motorcycle Diaries.

this movie is painfully medicore and coming from someone who kicked H yeah it hits home but it's not powerful enough to really incite anything

to me it feels more like waaah my life is banal then I went off the deep end and couldn't surface

Easily aranofsky's worst effort. Although when your mom becomes a pill addict it can hit pretty hard.

>No Country for Old Men is pretty depressing too
>tfw you feel overmatched ;_;

Entertainment

It's a real five bagger though.

>I was a failure. I was a failure and I'd get very sad and depressed about it and I can't be that no more, cause I really feel like I betrayed myself big time. I know when I was growing up I had all the potential in the world. Now I'm back to being Mark who has a beer in his hand and is thinking about the great American script and movie, and this time I cannot fail. I won't fail. It's not in me. You don't get second chances and mess 'em up. You'd be a fool to. Not just finishing films or getting some money, but it's right now. I feel like it's five, ten, fifteen years ago, and now I've got the same options again, and this time, I'm not gonna fail. This time, it's most important not to fail, just to drink and dream but rather, to create and complete.

Just fuck my shit up, family.

I thought it was a really great black comedy

Although I prefer Happiness

He throws his established life away because he understands its rotten core.

Misreading much?

Films like Notebook where people are hanging out with friends and having a good time depress the shit out of me.

I prefer Happiness as well to the extent that it's one of my favorite films, but as a NEET, Dark Horse has the most depressing implications on my own life. I think any Todd Solondz can be put in a depressioncore thread.

More like comfy-core.

The Sunset Limited

Fuck, I felt for the Professor in the end

i can't Cred Forums

this movie is my nightmare

> we need some actress who'd show her tits over and over again
> Marissa Tomei: say no more familia

I agree with you a little bit there, but I think that is only half right. His conversations about prison and how he survived implies to me that by the end of the film he believes the only way to live and not hurt anybody is to not care about anything himself. Just go full autopilot survival mode and cherish nothing.

Only parts of it, the ending is pretty upbeat

Unironically one of the best movies ever made

It can be taken as positive but further viewings imply to me that JGL's character has really learned nothing and will probably make the same mistakes in new the relationship that he did in the old. Fall hard, be delusional and over asses his value to her. I think the ending has (possible) darker implications about people who turn over into new relationships with no new knowledge or insight gained.

Tell me about this. What makes it depressing?

>Every depression thread
>Pic related never mentioned
you all fail

someone caught up in the desire to endlessly dissect and replicate to the point of losing all meaning and then eventually realizing when it's too late that his entire illusion of understanding is breaking down around him

this is true depression-core

Also, Melancholia

ILD wasn't even depressing, the fuck are you on

What did you think of Wiener-Dog?

Melancholia did nothing for me. Just a bunch of insufferable cunts whining.

thread derailment

>I have a small brain. so is anomalisa.

Uhh what?!

Although it was posted Leaving Las Vegas is my choice because there's no redemption for either of the characters.
While choices like Synecdoche are quite depressing overall, the character received his way out albeit literally seconds before he is told to die. I always see a bit of hope in those last moments.

LEAVE

Agree

Oslo, 31 August was more comforting than depressing.

my daily vlogs

ass to ass

The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford is depressionkino

At the very least what happens to the daughter and the chick dying from smoke inhalation.

Comon it's depressing as fuck.

That stop motion animation or whatever it is is so off putting.
Is it worth powering through for someone that loved synecdoche, ny?

This was good but I have no idea how the guy who made this thought some of the editing was a good idea
>see the turning point being narrated (you know the one)
>"oh my gosh, that's terrible. I w-"
>*shitty fucking random noise at full volume and bright red tint flashing completely ruining scene*
>"...Oh"

This was so fucking good.

I fucking hated The Comedy, I usually don't find any movies boring but I couldn't stand it.
Did anyone feel that it would have been completely unwatchable without Tim?

>Synecdoche: New York
more like
>Synedouche New York
Hoffman deserved to die for making such a garbage movie.

I hate the ironic love for Nic Cage, cause movies like Leaving Las Vegas and Raising Arizona are legitimately amazing

I'LL BE DEAD AND GONE

WHAT DID THE CAT MEAN?? WHY DID HE TAKE IT WITH HIM AND THEN LEFT HIM?? WHAT DID IT MEAN WHEN HE ALMOST RAN IT OVER??

I MUST KNOW

IF I HAD WINGS

This looks like an artsy film about donkey fucking.

It's his dead friend

They both have mediocre scores on IMDB though, nice try retard.

Are you fucking shitting my asshole

I have posted this before, was going to now.

it's depressing because it's relatable

Midnight Cowboy also did a number on me.

Withnail & I (1987)
The Wrestler (2008)
Short Term 12 (2013)
Stalker (1979)

Melancholia featured shitty people dying. That lifts my spirits.

>almost 100 posts
>no mention of Stroszek

I thought summer was over? So many plebs here...