"Based on a true story. . . on the verge of happening"

>"Based on a true story. . . on the verge of happening"

What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=faifRomCki8&feature=youtu.be&t=21
guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/fastest-baseball-pitch-(female)/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGu3ZLh3lXM
mediaite.com/tv/oliver-dont-care-about-online-harassment-congratulations-on-your-white-penis/
atkhairy.com/tour/model/axe001/atk-hairy-Axe-Jinx
bbc.com/sport/horse-racing/34801738
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

some day they will have mandatory 5 women on each team and must play 3 innings like in little league

IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR YOU GUYS!

MEN ARE NO LONGER STRONGER THAN WOMEN.

THE PATRIARCHY HAS BEEN DEFEATED!

youtube.com/watch?v=faifRomCki8&feature=youtu.be&t=21

It means it isn't based on a true story.

>be janitor for la dodgers
>see players all the time
>see them compared to women all the time
>see them practice all the time

yeah, no. This show is retarded

>on the verge of happening
>this show implies Mone Davis wants to play pro baseball
>even though she explicitly says she wants go to college and play basketball

ishygddt

>it's 2016 gentlemen

show me a female that can pitch 90-100 mph fast balls for at least 7 innings. oh wait, you can't.

she'll have to play american league too. so they use can a man as designated hitter. Since won't be able to swing as hard or run as fast.

I think within the next 20-30 years you will see a female pitcher in the majors. She will be a relief pitcher, she wont get much play, she will specialize in off-speed stuff, maybe knuckleballs, and she probably wont be very good.

You will never see a female position player. You will never see a female starting pitcher. But a relief pitcher, with limited innings, who never goes to bat, and who specializes in off-speed stuff and control, is possible.

this desu, if only for the publicity/ticket sales. As long as she's somewhat decent the press will be too much to turn down

idgaf about this nigger shit but she qt as fuck

Bwahaha...
Bwahahahaaaaaaaaaaa.........
Bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/fastest-baseball-pitch-(female)/

Fastest female pitch is 69 mph. That's like middle school level.

Danica Patrick still has 0 wins and that isn't even a sport6.

You know jack shit about baseball user.

LOL holy shit

did they show her in panties surrounded by half nude men in the locker room? mmmmmm

It'll be canceled and some how men will be blamed

Jesus christ, even I can throw faster than that.

>mfw I can pitch faster than the best woman on the planet

When they start including women in MLB they'll just have to make any pitch over 70 mph result in a penalty for sexism. Probably get 1 or 2 female pitchers in the league then, not that they'd last more than 3-4 innings.

user w/o a fastball the off speed stuff will get absolutely shelled. Ditto knuckleballers. Even R.A. Dickey has a fastball in the high 80s.

0% chance. Stop memeing.

not that it matters but i played three years of varsity baseball in high school.

a female relief pitcher with a focus on off-speed stuff is possible user. as i said, she wont be very good, but its probably going to happen.

>futurama did it

Doubt it.

Off speed is only effective because of the speed differential. And if your fastball is in the high 60s.......well.

It could never happen unless was a Eddie Gaedel like sideshow. Certainly will never happen for competitive reasons.

>wtb pics of sweaty fit light skinned black chick in sports bra and panties, pst

How fast can women actually throw? Maybe a woman could be a knuckleball pitcher in the AL.

>fox: uber liberal
>fox news: uber conservative

High 60s max. Literally will never happen. Ridiculous.

The fastest recorded throw from a woman is 69 mph. That's barely knuckleball speed.

ITS ALMOST 2017

goddamn that's pathetic, nevermind

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGu3ZLh3lXM

Exactly. It's not off-speed if it's your fastball.

The best female pitcher in the world wouldn't make a decent high school team.

KEK

I THREW 70 WHEN I WAS 10.

And that's the record, it's probably like 60 normally. Fucks sake man, kids are used to 65 for little league.

>the city of women

In the show, she plays for the Padres, so no DH. Fark my mucking words, there will be an episode where some sexist male pitcher beans her and puts her career in jeopardy.

What is Fox's game with this show?

you're a fucking idiot

Is this an actual quote? I thought you guys exaggerated about this guy

>chick

mediaite.com/tv/oliver-dont-care-about-online-harassment-congratulations-on-your-white-penis/

NSFW link: atkhairy.com/tour/model/axe001/atk-hairy-Axe-Jinx

That quote was the exact moment people turned against him. Before that, opinion of him wasn't terrible but it was all downhill from there

Cred Forums was memeing against him before that pretty regularly, but 2015 just took over all of the Oliver memes

Sweet christ that face though.

Body's OK and I could even live with the body hair, but holy fuck she straight looks like someone's ugly older brother.

This is one of the handful of jokes in the entire series that's at Lisa's expense and specifically targeting her personality.

I think that quote was a good couple months before he said "it's 2015 right now" but I could be wrong

Are there any sports where women compete with men at the top of the field? I know in Chess, there were the outliers of the Polgar sisters, with Judit Polgar occasionally beating top 10 grandmasters, but that is still an outlier.

It's all in the nose (ok she could use some shaping of eyebrows), try pasting someone else's attractive nose on her and suddenly she has a perfectly nice looking face.

Horse racing?

this
i would still have sex with im so horny though

Genders are pretty even in pre-k sports

Judit polgar is a ways off being even top 20 from what I can tell

I looked at go and that seems to be the same

Chess isn't a sport

And the answer is 'no'.

Women in baseball will never happen

>can't charge the mound
>no more bench clearing brawls
>can't collide with the catcher when scoring a run

Nope.

Good answer, but NOPE

bbc.com/sport/horse-racing/34801738

>Have to schedule roster around their bleeding times

Colliding with the catcher is now illegal.

And there are a lot better reasons then the ones you gave.

In 2005, she was No. 8 in the world.

RA dickey has missing ligaments in his pitching arm and is 40 years old and his knuckle ball is like 75 mph

Questionable, but you get my point.

Fuck, spoiler that shit, user.

What about transgender women?
Like that fallon fox lady?

Those are men pretending to be women user.

More like 85.

The idea of a woman pitching in MLB is pure nonsense.

I really don't get why women try to compete with men physically.

Just accept you're weaker and improve other strengths.

Not questionable. Sports are physical. If chess is a sport so is Candy Land. PUHleeze.

Im not giving stupid shit like this page views but I assume this woman throws a knuckleball right? They wouldn't pretend she can throw 70+ can they?

>"women can do anything and we can beat the world"
>please put an advantage into the rules so that we can do better

How do people this stupid exist

They don't irl

It's not ever happening

Or at least not in this century.

I'm a former AAA pitcher that threw a modified knuckleball. I didn't make it to the show and she won't either.

I was also a 6'3 male that could counter with a 94 MPH 2-seam fastball. This shit is just pure pandering and fuck them. Our sport is dying and this won't suddenly bring it back.

There are womens leagues in chess because the top men will always beat the top women. Even in sports like curling where there is no interaction between the teams, men BTFO women nearly 99% of the time.

That's true. It's typically just keyboard warriors on twitter and tumblr.

>Sports are physical
I don't want to keep arguing this, but I think anything could effectively become a sport if it's sufficiently popular and competitive enough. There would be physical sports, eSports, physical sports, and mind sports, and chess would belong to the latter, and it was, for a very brief period, the most important individual sport during the Cold War because of the politics involved.

So? Chess is a board game, not a sport.

It's because we're EXTREMELY competitive by inherent genetics, with everyone. Women tend to prey on each other to win. I've never understood it and honestly, I don't think I ever will.

>because the top men will always beat the top women
While Judit Polgar has fallen considerably, (possibly mostly due to age), she did beat top men, along with her older sister, so it's not literally true, but as I said before, they were outliers.

then why do men destroy women in it?

No nigga. Sports are physical competitions.

'Sport' and 'game' aren't synonyms.

It's biological differences. It's really not hard to comprehend.

Biological differences. Duh. Men and women's mind work differently.

By your dumb ass equation dating is a sport too.

This.

Next thing you know Mario Party will be a sport.

Neckbeards....Smh

>b-but muh eSports

To add, I went with a friend who did gymnastics to an NBA game. At halftime he said he could do what the mascot did.

Man I don't doubt it but that's how it is. I'm not going back though because NBA games are extremely obnoxious.

>MAKE SOME NOOOOIIIISEEE
>SNAP SNAP SNAP SNAP SNAP

im not arguing chess is a sport moron. Im saying even in non-physical "games" or sport or whatever you want to call it. Men dominate women in everything.

>Sports are physical competitions
And I don't accept this premise. Soccer and baseball are games, but are also sports.

Wikipedia gives the following definition, "Sport (UK) or sports (US) are all forms of usually competitive physical activity or games which,[1] through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators." There seems to be a stress on the physical aspect of it, but also allows for other activities to be sports.

Here is the following definition of mind sport.

"A mind sport is a game of skill where the mental exercise component is more significant than the physical."

Or would you consider "mind sport" to be a misnomer or an invalid term, not actually to be sports? I don't intend to be sarcastic with this question.

It could be an eSport if it were popular enough as much as backgammon is a game of skill.

Nigga you can neckbeard and semantics all you want, cards, spelling bees, board games, vidya and whatever other nerdy ass hobbies you have aren't sports.

>mind sport

>Or would you consider "mind sport" to be a misnomer or an invalid term, not actually to be sports?

Yes. That's what has been clearly stated.

No, it can't because esports aren't real.

It's a video game.

Why couldn't a woman make the league as a knuckleballer?

Meme pitch for a meme gender

Because knuckleballs and other off-speed pitches only work with a fast pitch to offset them.

If you know whatever is coming is off-speed, you can crush it into the next county.

>semantics
This is what the entire discussion is about, isn't it? We're not debating the nature of the activities, but whether the term should apply to them or not, which is necessary a question of semantics. There are plenty of "sports" that are less popular and less renowned than "mind sports" like Go and chess. "Mind sports" like the latter games resemble highly competitive "physical sports," (which you might consider redundant), in every way except that they aren't physical. The question becomes why physicality is essential to something being a sport, and I haven't seen the argument for that.

What's wrong with this term? I don't like it much myself, but it would be to distinguish from other sports that are clearly physical in nature.

Because these pitches are hard to hit because of the speed differential. If your fastball is in the high 60s off speed stuff is farrrrrrrrrr less effective than if you can throw a fastball in the 90s. It's the speed differential that jams hitters.

LOOK AT ME MOM I'M BEING CONTRARIAN

Not really. I was pointing out that the term exists and wanted you say directly state that despite it being commonly classified as "mind sports," they aren't actually sports.

>Fastest recorded pitch by an adult woman was 69mph
>I regularly hit mid to high 80's while in high school

Mind sports are board games. Fuck off with your nerd shit. D&D isn't a sport either. Just call them games.

Any 'confusion' here is just a bullshit way of trying to make that shit less nerdy any more respected.

I can sympathize with the dislike of making video games into sports, but ultimately, they can resemble sports in every way accept being physical, which then begs the question of why a sport must be physical.

Mind sports is just a nerdy neckbeard way of trying to legitimize their games.

Tim Wakefield's fastball was under 80 mph

And the rest of them throw knuckles 90% of the time anyways

Fool's Gold is a term that exists. That doesn't make pyrite gold.

You still need the power to toss a knuckler. The guys are throwing insanely hard, but the pitch itself negates some of that.

Besides, when the only tool in your arsenal is a meme pitch, what happens when it starts to fail? Do you walk two hitters with a meme pitch, then call the bullpen to ready the next guy?

The fastest recorded baseball pitch by a woman is 69mph.

>Mind sports are board games.
It's like if I called baseball a bat-and-ball game. It's true, but doesn't prove it's not a sport.

>Fuck off with your nerd shit.
Not an argument.

>D&D isn't a sport either.
I would agree, but that's more with the nature of the game not having rules established enough to make it competitive.

Tim Wakefield threw harder than the fastest women in the world.

That might apply to eSports, but do you really think games as popular, respected, and old as chess and Go need to be called anything or even classed as sports to be legitimized?

>this guy

Good rebuttal, but that term at least implies in its very name that it's only apparently gold, while "mind sports" doesn't not, unless something that relates more to mental activity can't be a sport, which begs the question of why this isn't the case.

You do realize to even be capable of throwing those pitches effectively you still need excellent arm speed and a capable fastball. Both are things women are incabable of having. Its an absolutely retarded premise for a show.

No. Go is a dumb amusement. Chess is a game of skill, but not a sport.

No one is confused by this but nerds who don't want to be looked at as nerds.

>Do you walk two hitters with a meme pitch, then call the bullpen to ready the next guy?

That's literally how it's always been with them

Wakefield threw a false knuckleball. It was really a slow, modified fastball.

The difference in speed between it and his real fastball is the difference.

Pretty far from the truth, senpai. This doesn't matter. People view "mind sports" like chess and Go very differently from baseball, football, and soccer, but they would view those latter games very differently from combat sports like boxing and fencing, which are unquestionably sports. I don't think would appreciate popular "mind sports" more by thinking they're sports, but I think they meet every common criteria for being a physical sport except the fact that they aren't physical, which then begs the question of why all sports have to be physical.

>Go is a dumb amusement.
Do you really believe this? With what possible reason? I'm not going to say you come across as ignorant, because that would just be pretentious, but there was so little chance of me agreeing with you and doesn't an argument make.

>game of skill
This term actually exists to distinguish games that are based almost entirely from skill as opposed to those that are based on some random results, so every physical sport would be a game of skill as well.

Because "mind sports" is only a term that describes something that isn't really a sport. Hence the need for the preface.

There's nothing wrong with games. I don't see the need to call them sports. Chess, or video games, can't be sports because sports require physical activity.

The need to add qualifiers like "mind" or "e-" only reinforces what they're not. Just like "fool's" in fool's gold does.

Fact remains that he never threw his 'real' fastball. Ever.

Got by just fine

>I have my own private definition of words
Tumblr-tier tbqh

I thought that googles don't play baseball anymore

'Mind sports' is just a nerdy millennial way of saying 'games'.

You keep missing the point, perhaps intentionally. His fake fastball knuckle moved slower than his fastball marginally and moved across the plate, but were still "fast" pitches.

Now, taking into the 70mph fastball of the fast pitch thrown by a woman and change that to a movement pitch like a knuckle or a slider, it's going to go in the 50s. Plenty of time for an even average hitter to note and hit it.

>Go is a dumb amusement. Chess is a game of skill, but not a sport.

Go has the most simple yet complex strategy of pretty much any board game. It is far more complex than chess while at the same time being simpler.

It's a beautiful game, and this is coming from someone who loves chess.

>Hence the need for the preface.
No, the need would be to distinguish it from other sports that are physical. Otherwise, "mental game of skill" would be preferable.

>There's nothing wrong with games. I don't see the need to call them sports.
You are aware that sports like baseball and soccer are games, correct?

>sports require physical activity
Why?

>The need to add qualifiers like "mind" or "e-" only reinforces what they're not.
Not necessarily. There isn't any need for that term when "game of skill" is usually adequate. The only need would be to indicate they have the qualities of being sports without being physical.

>Just like "fool's" in fool's gold does.
I've already explained why that isn't the case in . This would be like saying video games and party games aren't games because of their qualifiers.

Pretty much. It's just dicking around with language to try and make it seem more respectable or masculine. Pretty much marketing bullshit.

>Fact remains that he never threw his 'real' fastball.

He needed legitimate fastball arm speed to make his knuckleball work the way it did. Looking at the fastest pitch thrown by a woman at 69mph, her pitching speed would be significantly slower than that throwing a knuckler.

If a woman floated a knuckler in over the plate in the 50-55mph range (at best), it would get taken outta the park on every swing.

You still need fucking arm speed to throw that pitch you fucking retard. A woman is incapable of achieving that type of armspeed.

Kill yourself beta boy.

Maybe try a little less pointless internet arguing and little more gym.

-

>>Fastest recorded pitch by an adult woman was 69mph

This is just plain false.
The female pitchers at the pan am games were throwing 80+ regularly

That's not what I said at all. What exactly were you responding to? You said that mind sports are board games, ergo they aren't games. I said that wasn't valid, using the example of determining that baseball isn't a sport because it's a bat-and-ball game. Mind sports might be board games and not sports, but being part of the former class doesn't make it not part of the latter class ipso facto, unless board games can't be physical, which begs the question of why this isn't the case.

Obviously not, as baseball and soccer are "games."

>Pretty much marketing bullshit.
Who exactly is supposed to be marketing "mind sport." Matel and Hasbro?

>The fastest baseball pitch by a female is 69 mph (111.05 km/h) and was achieved by Lauren Boden (USA), on the set of 'Officially Amazing' in Claremont, California, USA, on 20 September 2013.

Softball

Lol not true

Then a blu-ray will come out with a "certified fresh" logo on it.

quads is right

You can't do a single push-up can you?

>gets his facts from guiness

shit son, sarah hudek has a consistent fastball of 82

Holy shit, can't you have a civil argument without making attacks like that? I don't personally like the idea of considering games like chess and Go sports because people's attitudes toward them are very different, but they are more competitive, more renowned, and more heavily attended in competitions than many sports, and are treated with the same intensity by the competitors with the same intensity as other sports, so the question becomes why do sports have to be physical? It would be like saying sports have to involve teams because those are by far the most popular sports.

I can and not an argument.

>You said that mind sports are board games, ergo they aren't games.
Meant to say, "ergo, they aren't sports."

Probably not racing, but maybe other jumping/dressage type events.

Because its exactly that, a meme pitch. Teams already are really hesitant to convert older pitchers to screwballs, bringing in a female to perform a pitch thats incredibly inconsistent is just asking to lose your job.

Most of it is the lack of athletic ability females have, but honestly a lot of it is also GMs are unwilling to throw a flyer and risk their entire jobs on a gamble like a woman playing.

>You are aware that sports like baseball and soccer are games, correct?

You are aware that a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square, correct?

>Why?

Because it's in their definition, which you actually posted.

>I've already explained why that isn't the case in

No, you didn't. Fool's gold is a name for a mineral that is not what it appears. That's why there's a qualifying word in front of it.

Do you try to argue that a daisy is a tree?

>padres

Dicking around with language to try and shoehorn some bullshit into reality is classic liberal bullshit.

>Why do you have to have a penis to be a 'man'.

Kys

Goddamn this is hilarious. I bet some women watching this actually think it's possible. It MIGHT be if she was playing anything BUT pitcher. But even slow-speed specialist pitchers throw harder than women.

I dunno man, I've still got wrist injuries from that game

Whoever signs a female pitcher is just looking for the MLB equivalent of Manon Rhéaume.

Big PR blitz during the pre-season, gets buried when the regular season starts.

>You are aware that a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square, correct?
Okay? I was only pointing out that just because chess and Go are games doesn't mean they aren't sports, as baseball and football are games.

>Because it's in their definition, which you actually posted.
The definition from Wikipedia which I posted seemed to have an understandable bias towards physical activities, but allowed for mental games to be sports as well.

>Fool's gold is a name for a mineral that is not what it appears.
Okay, but the qualifier of "fool's" indicates that it's not going to be what's ostensibly being modified. This would be like saying party games aren't games.

I think they're getting self-aware

>Based on a true story in the making

An independent baseball team, the Sonoma Stompers, recently signed a woman starting pitcher this past summer.

Her ERA was 27.00. She would give up, on average, 22.5 hits per 9 innings, if any team was retarded enough to pitch her for 9 innings. Women are not ever going to play baseball professionally.

>liberal
I'm pleasantly surprised that Cred Forums has completely taken over Cred Forums to the extent this amounts to a personal attack, but it's not argument and this has nothing to do with politics.

In regards to distinguishing trying to conflate mind sports with sports and men and women, (something I'm absolutely opposed to), the modern attack on the relationship between sex and gender destroys the concept of gender, while considering mind sports sports just widens that definition.

>the show airs for 4 episodes.
>gets the call that it's getting canceled.
>dump remaining episodes, but film an emergency series finally.
>9th inning, about to shut it out on a no hitter.
>one more strike to make history .
>slow motion of her throwing.
>intercut with flashbacks of being told she'll never play, cat called at practice, exploding vans, racist comments. All while following the ball.
>slow motion swing.
>it pans back to her, slowly raising her fist in the air.
>go back to real time.
>a loud crack of the bat, and the ball is sent back directly back into her face.
>a close up of her smug face as her teeth are turned to dust.
>the batter is charged with rape and assault.
>rioters burn down the stadium in the name of BLM.

>the relationship between sex and gender destroys the concept of gender, while considering mind sports sports just widens that definition.

It's literally the same thing your tremendous blowhard.

How? Even if we consider chess and Go sports, that would mean it would apply to games that are incredibly competitive, very popular, have a large following, (at least compared to many other sports), and require and incredible amount of dedication to be make it a career and achieve fame from it, like plenty of other sports. The only difference is that it's not physical.

>exploding vans
kek

If they made a league entirely for women they will, that's why they make leagues like that in the first place.

Whether you're a feminist or not it's common sense they just don't have the motor skills and strength capable of your average male

>The only difference is is 1 chromosome.

You're seriously a ridiculous (and insecure) neckbeard.

Not comparable, as there are many differences between men and women once they're developed.

Holy fuck you guys annoy me.

I'd rather argue martial arts (which I got into after I injured my rotation cuff) than argue baseball with you. Which I actually know much, MUCH better because I played at AAA.

Holy shit you guys know nothing. Shut the fuck up and go away.

Pitcher?

Yeah.

I yelled "FUCK" and the coach still made me run a couple laps.

I just told him to go to hell and went into the dugout. I knew I was done.

Wait, you couldn't be Waln or watever.

You were a cop and a perp kicked your head into a wall and nearly killed you. It couldn't be you.

A giga roided monkey woman like the Williams sisters could conceivably do it with proper training from child. Impossible for a woman without steroids though.

This girl with her noodle body couldn't throw even 60mph. Anything she threw near the strike zone would be an easy hit.

Do you hate your job?

Any game played on a high enough level with enough of an audience becomes a sport. Basketball, baseball, and football are all games people play. Because of their popularity and acceptance as high level spectator competitions they are also known as sports.

>This is just plain false.
>The female pitchers at the pan am games were throwing 80+ regularly
That's underhand windmill softball -

overhand hardball? 69 mph. Chicks just don't have the upper body strength and quickness.
This shitty show is just a desperate play for a female audience by MLB - was at the Jays game the other night, tons of "Pitch" marketers outside the gates, wearing huge signs around their bodies, trying to get people interested in the show.

Everyone ignored them.

Guys. What if they made it so scoring runs against a female pitcher took points AWAY from your team?

who would eat her sweety asshole after 9 innings

Consider this:

If the show was pure One Outs style gambling/psych out bullshit, instead of feminism, would you be willing to suspend your disbelief?

Yes.

>everyone ignored them

As opposed to what, though? They're meant to be seen, not interacted with.

remember that time you were on the verge becoming a multi millionaire buying apple in the 90's? yeah didnt happen

That is the most baffling reference I have come across on this board and I would watch it 1000%.

Why the fuck can't they fund this instead?

mite b cool