mega.nz/#!cchR1QaZ!02FiB8eBdkhCZJ9hbxpn-Qzh_5DXxJBCyexM2DnzdIw
youtube.com/watch?v=Gj1gbKW_Wgk
youtube.com/watch?v=xZCypUOH8js
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Escape from LA

L.A. Story

Wassup Rockers

Battle L.A.

LA resident here. Falling Down for best representation of daytime LA, Nightcrawler for best representation of nighttime LA

Knight of Cups
Killing of a Chinese Bookie
Chinatown
Maps to the Stars
Mulholland Drive

What's it like living in LA is it /fa/?

Mexicans, Persians, Asians and Hipsters

It's shit, but it's bearable when intoxicated

Nightcrawler.

There are so many fucking people here that there isn't one single trend, like when I went to NYC. Youll see more different types of people here spending one day on the street than spending a lifetime in a Midwest city.

The Purge 2

So many different kinds of people and so many different life styles due to its size and terrain.

Last week, I met some Korean donut shopkeeper who spoke perfect Spanish because her customers were Central Americans. Last night, I bought some item from Craigslist in a neighborhood where it's mainly an equestrian neighborhood. My neighbors are: Jewish, black, Armenian, Mexican, and some Michigan transplants.

Pretty comfy IMO. If you actively post on Cred Forums and keep posting about Blacked.com, feel free to stay in your boring flyover state.

There are more people in NYC fool. There is no 'single trend' here.

Nah i'm actually black myself, but I've always ruminated on maybe moving out there for a bit and seeing if I like it.

I agree with this. It feels very homely.

>equestrian neighborhood

Falling Down
Colors

I think that's what he's saying

He needs to work on his sentence construction if that's what he meant.

>tfw they changed all the street lights around you from High Pressure Sodium to LEDs

i'd rather be fucking blind

los angeles sucks

its expensive as fuck and traffic is the worst on the planet

most people are polite but they are faker than my wife's orgasms

My fave might be Laurel Canyon.

I LA more like arrested development, or End of Watch?

>LA the Movie

What a cesspool. And fuck your parking ticket racket. God damn government shake down.

Don't be so full of yourself. There's a whole nation between NY and LA and all the cities are not like Des Moines (which coincidentally has a very large Serbian population.)

both.
different areas

This one

>There's a whole nation between NY and LA

There is literally not a single landlocked state that interests me in the slightest. Even some of the Atlantic ones seem pretty shitty.

you don't seem very interesting

REEEEEEEEE I HATE LED STREETLIGHTS SO MUCH

It makes you feel liken you're in a parking lot or a gas station, its the least comfy thing on the planet

My favorite depiction of Chicago

The weird thing about LA is that it's kind of twenty different cities shoved together.

Anyone know of any good depictions of LA's Koreatown?

Those shit states don't seem very interesting

Chinatown for LAs glory days
Nightcrawler was good for modern day, as was Drive

You mean 20 different suburbs shoved together.

I've literally only ever heard Koreatown talked about on the teevee when it involves food or David Choe

I like seeing around me. LED makes everything look clean as hell. Orange lights are ghetto hell.

Collateral

my man

It's expensive as fuck and full of traffic because people want to be here.

And you're going with the "phony" stereotype too? What's next? You're going to bring up that every girl here has plastic surgery too? Keep your outdated and wrong stereotypes in your flyover state.

Is it weird that I've only been to LA a few times, mostly on vacation at Disneyland, but I felt the same about Nightcrawler?

There's something very fascinating I find about LA, and Nightcrawler really captured it. Even though I can't describe what it is.

I grew up in this tiny little town in rural Washington state. The only two shops in town, minus a couple of gas stations further down the highway, were a donut shop and a gun shop. I used to think that was absurd. I'd joke that the gun shop was how they got the holes in the donuts.

Then I go on a road trip to L.A., and I'm driving through Garden Grove, and every fucking single corner has a donut shop and a gun shop. And it blew my mind.

LA resident here as well, lived right by where they shot the car crash and murder scenes. God it was so good at capturing what LA feels like.

>traffic is the worst

I don't know if I'd agree with that. I'm from the Seattle area. In LA, you've got the freeways laid out on a kind of grid. So if you want to go from say Long Beach to Cucamonga, there's all sorts of different routes to choose from.

On the other hand, in Seattle, there's basically one freeway. And if it's fucked, you're fucked, and it's pretty much always fucked.

It did a good job. Especially the bit where Lou gets mad about taking a certain route.

But I have to admit that my suspension was ruined a few times when I realized they kept driving the same half mile a few times. But that can be said about a good number of movies though.

>eyyy this is where the white girls live!

/fa/ doesn't exist because everyone dresses different, like the other guy said none of it stands out.
Metrosexuals always try and carve out a niche but nobody cares. It's all just fabric to keep you covered. There might be a certain popular trend in areas where the money is but I don't think it matters to them either, sometimes they dress like they're broke

pretty sad it took that long for the most based answer

Only correct answer

Independence Day when the Ayyys nuked it

I live in Des Moines. It's fun and nothing bad ever happens. I can imagine it'd be hard to move from a much bigger city and still appreciate it, though.

Nightcrawler and Collateral

Great choice
I cant believe nobody has posted this yet

Oh I agree. Who doesn't like the high life lounge and fong's. The Iowa Cubs have a bretty good stadium for tripple A and the prices there and all around town are reasonable. Try telling that to some stuck up fag who enjoys his taco truck and scours the rest of the United States.

ffffuck yes

Biking to mullet's for a meal and walking over to the ballpark for a $2 game of baseball is my favorite summer activity. Bryant's probably a future HOFer and we got to see him up close for peanuts.

This. It highlights the vast underworld that exist in LA. Which in reality is even bigger than most place around the world. Its the largest black market city in teh western hemisphere.

Do you live in Atwater village user?

That part in Collateral

mexico df has the worst traffic, dont talk out of your ass

The thing about LA is that it really difficult to capture on film. Its dozens of suburbs bunched up together to make a megametropolis. NYC is the opposite. They're all alike regardless of race or ethnicity. In recent years LA became the new Paris in regards to food.

Into the Night
Crocodile Dundee in L.A.

CHUMBA CHOO BA HO

what's a good city to sort of just fuck around and drink in public?

Volcano - most other movies set in L.A. cheat the geography.

They Live

3rd world countries are your best friend if you practice common sense.

Any decent first world country cracks down on that behavior.

Las vegas and new orleans desu

I love putting this on every summer.

>Crocodile Dundee in L.A.
Never got around to seeing it. What do you think about it?

>Hipsters
hipster hacks that also happen to be faggots.

Who cares. Fuck LA. NY is the objectively superior city.

how so ? also good movie depictions of NY

Yes

>tfw seeing this same view as a tourist

Mann nailed it

PTA's depiction of LA in boogie nights and magnolia were good.

He perfected it in Inherent Vice. The movie is confusing and a little foggy (which PTA did on purpose) but you cannot ignore the beautiful scenery of LA at the end of the 60's depicted in the film, from Manhattan beach to Topanga Canyon - this was the last time LA was as beautiful as it was mysterious and monolithic. Like said LA is an amalgam of different landscapes, from sea level beachfronts to mountainous temperate forests like Big Bear. Inherent Vice captures that vast diversity perfectly, imo. Inb4

>PTA
>kino

what is thom yorke doing at the start? is this from the new radiohead video?

Been there twice.

Would not want to live there ever.

>i post on Cred Forums
>i also live in LA

Very accurate

Heat

And do you also post about Blacked.com on Cred Forums?

living here is great for all the resources/things to do within reach. But I will never consider it a tourist destination, it perplexes me seeing people coming here for a vacation... That's what San Diego is for, LA will only leave you disappointed

Pasadena here, pretty accurate.

This

Heat, Collateral

Apples to oranges. Don't they teach you stuff like that on the farm you spent all your life in?

Took long enough.

Who /323/ here ?

harsh times

or blood in blood out

Easily the first Terminator.

That was the grungiest and dirties pile of shit town yet it still felt so inhabited and real. It gives me the feeling that they didn't actually do anything to give it that look, but that it just existed naturally that way.

I am so fucking sick of seeing this location in movies and tv shows.

Even GTA fucking 5 used it.

Heat

It's a good scene is the problem and they're going to make it a not good scene. Also how fucking new are you that you don't know that it was in San Andres and Midnight Club II also?

I never played MCII or SA. Only 3, 4 and 5.

C'mon guys! I thought this was great!

How do you pass up on the single best GTA game of the franchise? That was the point at which fun started going downhill. GTA 4 was absolute trash with the physics of melting butter and GTA 5 has too many problems for me to even get into.

GTA 5 used it because they did a mini version of LA with a lot of its popular landmarks. The LA river is one of them. San andreas used it too.

Well disneyland's pretty great but i wont go back until star wars land is open.

thats another thing, la is kind of a mega city. its like...huge. The tiny small town communites all connected and its just "la' with city-sized neighborhoods.

dogtown
la confidential
dark blue

Well, they DID throw around some additional garbage. But keeping in mind that some shots were even filmed "guerilla style", your assession is quite correct.

you may now think about how young the people on this board are when they never even played the first three GTAs

well that RC plane mission aside, yes i agree.

Check

nyc is fucking trash nigga. fuck this place

>separate thread relevant to this thread

i am officially spooped.

>la confidential

director just died today

Terminator probably

wtf

>MCII
what

>there is still not
>no
>there will never be a movie about LA riot

>them Korean shop keepers on the roof

Night of the comet, anyone?

any movie with a SHIT TON of mexicans and niggers

What movie?

kindergarten cop

DOPE
never been near L.A. in my life tho, it's just that I imagine it being. Like whole ghetto and gangs thing is kind of ironic now, I dunno.
My favorite writer is Ellroy, now that man depicted 1950s LA the best, like a place where white men were white men.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LA Noire

Checked

It depends, LA county is a huge fucking place. If you're talking about LA (the city) then End of Watch would be a good one, that is LA in reality.
Now for the people who think LA and the first thing they think of is the skyline then Nightcrawler is perfect.

Alot of people instantly just think ghettos, which is true in South LA (more blacks) and East LA (more Mexicans) but alot of LA county is just "suburbs" with lots of different types of people. I quote suburbs since it isn't Central USA suburbs with the green grass and white picket fences.
LA is fucking great, particular the Long Beach area. Most people who hate LA have either never been here, visited, or listen to Cred Forums or live in the projects lol

reminder

why are la and nyc residents so defensive and butthurt when someone talks about their city?

Not film, BUT--

definitely agreed on nightcrawler for nighttime/sundown LA

some really gorgeous shots there

NY > LA

The plotline about the chief getting orally raped was so dark, it was hard to swallow.

What's going on with Macky's feet, looks awkward as hell

That's a big forehead.

If you're interested in how L.A. was used in film I would highly recommend watching the documentary called "Los Angeles Plays Itself".

A comfy 3 hour trip all over L.A.

I loved the Dodger stadium in the background of the Terry Crowley scene

barton fink
the day of the locust
wild palms
blade runner

Link related:

youtube.com/watch?v=I9YDlL4KtR8

saw this last week, recommend

it took moving away from LA to realize how much I love it. maybe it's just homesickness but god damn it's a magical city

Looks interesting. Will watch.

dunno but adding to my list

It's thorough but it drags on and it's incredibly biased and pessimistic for zero reason. He never justifies his aimless borderlien ranting thoughts. It's as if his strategy is to dillute that affect by providing documentary material right after and intermixing it. By the end you only walk away with all the memorable shots and none of what he propositions

Same, honestly. I miss grabbing tasty fruit from trees in the neighborhood. No one would ever care

>tfw that bridge is fucking gone
>the replacement is an uninteresting piece of shit with basically no art deco features

I just downloaded every single movie mentioned here in 1080, if anyone would like for me to upload one of them somewhere just reply.

It's actually been some time since I watched Collateral, hook it up.

we did it reddit!

Do you want the YiFY version or the xander encode? The xander encode is 16GB When I say yify version I don't mean that it's from them but smaller encode

Smaller one, gonna be watching it on a computer monitor anyway.

mega.nz/#!cchR1QaZ!02FiB8eBdkhCZJ9hbxpn-Qzh_5DXxJBCyexM2DnzdIw

Thanks man, you're a boss. There's a password though :(

It's designer shit.

I plan to visit LA on vacation next year but they have a shit ton of great boxing matches in LA and I know a cutie that lives there.

My fucking 7th grade english teacher recc'd this movie to me and I love it.
this is tied with
(Falling Down)

huh....same actor, right?

>wild palms

Stop recommending this show

Thanks again user, actually been thinking about this movie the last few days and how I need to watch it again.

reminder that if you use the word "cuck" unironically you're too young to post here

>it's mainly an equestrian neighborhood
NEEEIIIIGGHH

Has there been any other iconic areas that have been ruined since the 90's/early 2000s?

>Go to LA
>FIlm it
Congratulations, you've successfully depicted it. Shit thread to be honest.

thanks user

>he says as he types like a 12 year old
Can't say I disagree with you though.

autistic comment desu

>You will never make a movie in your small, unknown hometown, capturing it's beauty on camera and sharing it with film-goers everywhere, inviting them into your world.

I make this hurt less by taking photos of shots I'd like to put in a film.

why not? what's stopping you faggot

Would you really want to exploit it, though?

Tfw capitol of California is apparently a 'hipster' town now.

What was the significance of the pan across the street at the end of nightcrawler with the hollywood sign sticking out like a sore thumb in the top right? Pretty sure it's right before he starts his crew. Was it some kind of meta commentary?

My mom won't let me use the camera

Great and popular areas are always scrutinized, especially if it appears in a giant library of films and is setup to give people these huge expectations. Who cares? Only people who live there know what it's actually like, because there's so much more than what's there at face value.

Probably an allusion to this being the sort of person that gets to the top, or have the will to power/ambition. The beginning of the credits music also reminded me of the Jimi Hendrix version of the national anthem, which I guess would imply that these are the people that built this country. Obviously not the same song so maybe I'm just imagining shit though.

Also in Aphex Twin's Windowlicker music video.

Fits very well with that next scene, I like it

>Search thread
>no Blade Runner

are you niggers serious?

>It's a nothing to do with racism situation bringing in racism

Went to LA for a week, was pretty fucking shit. I got the sense of entitlement from a lot of the people I spoke to. The traffic is pretty shitty and they are awful drivers. The good and bad neighborhoods look near the same, the aesthetics aren't as nice irl as they are polished in movies. Things are more expensive than they should be and taxes are shit if you do plan on moving there.

The ocean was overrated, I've seen water before, congrats on not being able to see the other shore and nicer beaches.

No one should move to LA unless they actually have business in LA. I liked my stay in phoenix better when I was in the west coast.

>The ocean was overrated

>LA for a week

What's the issue with hating popular ideas and beliefs? I thought hiking in the mountain desert area was cool, but the ocean wasn't all that compelling to me.

I did the whole walk bare foot through the sands, stand inside the shore experience. Was okay, I'd rate it like a 6/10 experience.

>>Search thread
>>no Blade Runner

you didnt search the thread faggot

fuck off sperg

I dont remember much of the city in that movie besides the outside of Doc's house.

Shit. I know its vidya, but just driving around early 50s LA is so fucking comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gj1gbKW_Wgk

>a country of immigrants has immigrants in it

The country of immigrants argument is so fucking stupid. You can't sustain a constant influx of immigrants on top of your own people reproducing. Plus illegal immigrants are not to be made light of, they came through illegally.

Why does USA have to be considered 'the immigrant country' are things not allowed to change or evolve?

I understand the land of opportunity, where if you excel at what you do, you can come to america to help the advancement of your field or be a good asset for that company.

But illegals and refugees are and always will be trouble. The people who hire illegals knowingly are people who should be greatly looked down on for taking advantage of people who are in an unfortunate situation.

The jobs of illegals would be done by legal workers if they weren't there. The dirty undesirable jobs would simply require a bit more pay to rise desirability for them to be filled. Then the end product would be altered in price or the company sucks it up on margins.

>arrested development
>LA

It takes place in the OC

Into the Night - 1985
The Day of the Locust - 1974

smaller 1GB encode if possible

>all these LA cucks itt not realizing that San Diego is the GOAT Socal city

nicer beaches but that's it

youtube.com/watch?v=xZCypUOH8js

Mulholland drive

>Collateral
Came here to post this, Falling Down and Training Day

Mah nigga.

Sounds like LA has a lot of the reasons I like NYC (not even from there but I have family I visit often).

I love the comfy yet active feel of those cities. I've been to a lot of U.S. cities (Richmond, Denver, San Antonio, Tampa, all the sister cities, Philly, Baltimore, Boston, Vegas, San Diego, Phoenix, New Orleans, Fargo, Anchorage, Jacksonville, Dallas, Atlanta, etc.) and some of them, while nice, don't capture that feeling as well as NYC.

Only one person ITT brought up this movie.

You guys are fucking plebs (although there are a lot of good LA movies already posted and my personal pleasure is Repo Man).

Seriously, watch pic related.

looks like mexico lmao

>CTRL+F
>Kiss Me Deadly
>0 results
sure is pleb in here

100%

>this far
>no mention of superior beanerkino American Me's comfy but still gritty depiction of old East LA barrios