Cinegrid thread

Cinegrid thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOfvgRwa0J8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the guy from IASIP
couldn't take the movie seriously at that point had to shut it off right then

That first shot is really well done.

Fuck, yesterday they drag me to see this piece of shit movie in the cinema.
It sucks so much

cinegrid is an anagram of i cringed

Compared to most shit i watch. The shots in this thread are extremely good, Cinematic. What the fuck gives? Is the talent? Money? why can't all movies be beautiful like are these special or can anyone with enough time or commitment do them?
Silent hills here is relatively low budget and a shit movie yet mange's to look really good

Thats 50M$ budget. Lucio Fulci horrors - thats a low budget done well

Directors Cut when?

Because most films ITT aren't dead inside Hollywood focus group films made to be predictable and safe.

>that tau cross made by the darker shots
Holy fuck is that intentional?

>Cinegrid turned to KINOGRID.

how deep does it go Steakbro?

This film was hilariouis

It was great. The music is awesome too.
youtube.com/watch?v=vOfvgRwa0J8

Beautiful movie

Does anyone have some of these for any of Marvel's kino?

why do kurosawas movies look much more modern and contemporary than other black and white and even color movies of the age and even later?

LOA is 8 years newer but it looks dreadful compared to kurosawa's kino?

did kurosawa use different cameras/film development processing methods than other directors of his era?

Pls anyone respond if you know more about this it has always interested me

>LOA is 8 years newer but it looks dreadful compared to kurosawa's kino?

Dreadful? Nigga the fuck are you on about.

Top middle looks like a painting

Neon demon? I'm too lazy now to do on my own

i don't mean the cinematography or the story, it's just fine it's a great movie but it looks dated

if it was shot with a modern camera it would look great

also dreadful compared to Seven Samurai, i can think of 90s and early 2000s movies that look worse

I really don't know how to describe it but it looks off somehow. There's multiple things the most prominent one is the following:
I've named it "the Bullitt look" because it's very prominent in Bullitt and Columbo
People in old movies somehow look unnatural, for example really sweaty. It's like their skin glows and reflects the light like they were oiled up like bodybuilders in competitions

Their facial features also look odd to me. Like you wouldn't expect Frank Bullitt to walk by you in the street. Steve McQueen is not the most ordinary looking fellow and it's an extreme example but in movies he looks really really weird, and in pictures he looks more like a normal person.

When I was a child i really used to think people looked different in the 60's and 70's and evolution changed them but that's literally only 50 years, evolution doesn't work that quick. It's not just beauty standards and hairstyle/makeup

There was something in camera/film techniques, something only a select few (old) films bypassed. Your LOA shot looks great, but no one would ever believe you if you told them it was shot this year.

It really takes out of my enjoyment of old films I know I'm kind of nitpicking but it really bothers me personally.

Ah, yeah I think I see what you mean.

I always used to think that too, how the people in older movies always looked so weird compared to what people look like today.

What do you think of something like this scene from Seventh Seal?

>vlcsnap.
don't.

What's wrong with vlcscnap?

It implies you use VLC.

What's wrong with vlc?

Everything. From the fact it was always worse at video playback than MPC (which is already worse than MPV or Potplayer) and its main purpose, the selling point (streaming media) was surpassed years ago by livestreamer.

duh

So, do you suggest I use MPV or Potplayer instead?

Oh shit.

It's so much more... colorful.

both are fine, potplayer is probably easier if you aren't interested in config file autism

I think this looks great, natural. Is it a good film? I might have to watch it. I looked at other screencaps from it and they look MUCH better than many other 50's films, and it looks thematically interesting to me.

I've always wanted to get into old kino but many are overacted or look very bad.

I'd also be glad if any of you could recommend more (HIGH IMAGE QUALITY) old kino, i have seen shockingly few films from before the 80s and barely any from the 60s and before

>Is Seventh Seal a good film.
Jesus Christ you are asking this question seriously, without having seen it

Just leave Cred Forums and don't come back like watch movies instead of 'discussing them' through shitposting

>all these cucks talking about media players and video quality yet they aren't on hdbits.org
Top laff

Is there any way to take a screenshot using the program? Or will I have to just use print screen? Not that I mind.

Yeah I think it's pretty good. I'd definitely recommend it.

install Potplayer and see for yourself.

yes you can bind screenshot to hotkey.. you can with MVP too

>virtue signaling.
at least my life isn't this sad.

>my life isn't that sad
>dude I think I know a lot about video quality but i'm not on the private tracker all the best encoders on the net run and release exclusives on
Sounds pretty sad to me. Don't be salty,just be better.

>All the best encoders on the net run.
Well you set the bar quite low. Even DON fucks up from time to time and takes artistic liberties that weren't present at the release: see Public Enemies.

>implying DON is one guy
Fun fact - the best encoder in DON is nick007 and he's the admin of HDB

I used 'DON' to refer to the release group. What is your issue exactly?

My point is that DON is easily the best release group so not being on the site they run full of likeminded indviduals is surely detrimental to your interest in encoding

Like I said I am not well versed in old films, I've seen many movies for someone my age (20)

It's not like I watch or don't watch films because some random user told me to/not to see it but I have many things to do, many things to see and considering I'm going to die in 60 or so years time is of the essence, I could be a neet for the rest of my life and not be able to consume all the media I want to consume

If I hear a movie is good it's definitely on my list to watch, if people say it isn't good it's not as high of a priority to me but it doesn't mean I immediately dismiss

I also don't "discuss" films I haven't watched. I was only asking for recommendations from people who have seen more old films than I have.

There is nothing wrong with asking for """exper opinion""" if it's only a guideline. If a review or rating makes you 100% dismiss or want to see something you probably don't think for yourself much anyway.

There's still nothing wrong with asking for guidelines though, it's how you use them.

>politely replies with a thought-out response
I want reddit to leave

Worlds gayest post
Do you know where you are?

And what does this have to do with MVP and PPlayer being far superior to VLC?

Gosh you are tarded af
same tier of retards as private tracker admins that disallow Tixati

My very clear point is why bother fucking about with media players if what you're watching is shit quality?
And tixati is shit btw, use deluge or rtorrent instead you philistine.
If you want to be a perfectionist then go all the way, don't compromise.

Honestly I only write well thought-out posts when I'm drunk so I don't feel ashamed of myself for drinking on a Thursday at 11am like the NEET loser I am.

gay cunt

>My very clear point is why bother fucking about with media players if what you're watching is shit quality?
You are being thick on purpose I see

Am I being memed or is this film actually good?

Ok guys, I tried Pot Player and I'm getting more saturation and warmer colors, but the VLC image looks sharper. Am I doing anything wrong?

I'm willing to learn.

I never had problems with VLC desu

Uhh. That should not happen. POst screenshotcomparisons of the frames

It's the last good Mann film, but it is still a downward path from Collateral.

You've got to see Seventh Seal, just make sure you're not depressed going in. Probably true for a lot of Bergman.

This is a regular 1080p torrent from PB, I don't know if that's relevant. I tried with other files and got the same result, so I guess not

That's odd. I don't have any issue with sharpness.

Looks like VLC doesn't use full ranage of colors and PP uses tho.

>if it was shot with a modern camera it would look great

when yimou was still kino

>including a shot from The Sacrifice
Patrician bait

wat?