vimeo.com/130659252
youtube.com/watch?v=u6CsGY8wpGw
youtube.com/watch?v=WH7llf2vaKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
youtube.com/watch?v=j4z3xv2l9_k
youtube.com/watch?v=3WSJm23niHk
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696
starwars.com/news/from-concept-to-screen-the-jedi-temple
boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/
makezine.com/2015/10/07/the-surprising-practical-effects-of-the-star-wars-prequels/
forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=823183
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That 9/11 imagery.

youtube.com/watch?v=jvoFQ6E60Bc

wtf I love the prequels now

It's ww2 imagery you fuckstain

why is the temple so big? what goes on in there, Arent there only 10 jedi?

the jedi run several huge brothels of different quality in there to pay for all the lightsabers they break

DUDE

A few interior shots shows how impractically huge it is, but it's mostly empty space. Maybe it helps for meditation of whatever.

Even if it's technically poor, I really like the art direction of the prequels.

what game ?

this is actually kino

sloppy cg on Yoda. Obi Wan and Windu cast shadows which plant their feet on the ground yet Yoda sitting on the floor doesn't. So bad it makes Yoda look like he's floating rather than sitting on the floor.

Phantom Menace for PC.

is this bait

FUCK YOU

>play this on a shitty tnt2
>game needs alpha transparency
>card cant do it
>spend days trying to get through the vents near the first level

that looks like a bucket of shit without the bucket

I can see they even replicated the anamorphic distortion on the pillars. The far right and left have the bended barrel effect.

then you're a retard. That shit got old in less than ten years

is this babylon 5

I love the expanded universe and all its absurd, grandiose bullshit more often than not, and I appreciate, in a way, what the prequels tried to do, but my god were they awful movies.

Is the CGI really this bad? Does it look better in motion? I'm pretty sure the action scenes look better than this.

I can't understand why everyone criticizes this shot so much. In motion it looks fine enough and it's only for a moment. If 'realism' burns your ass so much stop consuming genre-fiction.

They need a lot of space to rape the younglings without being noticed.

It's a problem something like Prometheus doesn't have, though that movie sucked for other reasons.

every board should wordfilter "BTFO"

What? I'm confused on two levels.

What doesn't Prometheus have and in what way does it suck?

This site really needs to exploit how easy wordfiltering is. 'baka desu senpai' shut down the rampant nigger-speak overnight, why not take it further?

'SJW' becomes
>I HAVE A SMALL PENIS AND AM ANGRY
'alt-right' becomes
>HELP ME I AM HAVING A STROKE
'BTFO' becomes
>GIVE ME ATTENTION NOBODY IRL LOVES ME

and so on. Make the site no fun for anybody who doesn't come here to discuss nerd shit.

It doesn't have the problem of such unconvincing shots.

>unconvincing
what does Star Wars need to convince you of?

That it looks realistic? There are plenty of movies from the same period that had much, much worse CGI, and were even less convincing.

fuck I just realized

that fucking blade runner rip-off

bravo George

But Star Wars isn't realistic. As lame as that excuse sounds I think that an exception has to be made for Star Wars. This isn't like the goofy ass swordfight in Blade 2, nothing in Star Wars is grounded in reality. The space-monk temple being fucking gigantic and unnatural looking isn't really the same kind of issue as shitty horror movie monsters.

HOLY SHIT TELL RIDLEY SCOTT SO HE SUES

Maybe realistic isn't the right word, but the CGI should look more convincing. It looks unnatural in the sense that the CGI should have been better. One of the things that people most admired about the original Star Wars films was how convincing the special effects looked, and while they have aged considerably, a lot of it still looks very good. This scene looks like it needed another light filter or something to make it look "real."

I'm sure that Lucas probably could have used more convincing practical effects than the CG ones he went with in a lot of situations, but the goal was to push effects forward and try new things above all else. Or at least that's the impression I get from what I know about the production.

I don't think that convincing was the main goal and I don't mind that. 'Immersion,' 'realism' and all the rest are just memes that bother you as much as you let them. Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' isn't a bad movie because of inaccurate black hole theory, it's a bad movie because it's an uninspired clusterfuck of vague humanist nonsense.

I don't see your point. You can excuse any flaw by saying it wasn't a focus of the movie. There are plenty of scenes that look better than this, even ones made of pure CGI.

>Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' isn't a bad movie because of inaccurate black hole theory, it's a bad movie because it's an uninspired clusterfuck of vague humanist nonsense.
And it would have been even worse if the presentation wasn't so immersive or convincing.

Why are you getting so worked up about this? People have long decided to hate the prequels and this particular scene and the lack of realism in some other places are just things people like to nitpick. Saying it's not as bad as it seems doesn't make the movie worse, or the scene not stand out as an unconvincing shot.

Reddit Letter Media were BTFO a long time ago

>you can excuse any flaw by saying it wasn't a focus of the movie
Maybe, but I don't think that that particular shot was a flaw. Have you gotten the definitions of 'convincing' and 'good' crossed in your mind? I've seen the movie plenty of times and never at that point have I really thought anything about the look of it, good or bad. That's just how the shot is.

>Interstellar would have been even worse if the presentation wasn't so immersive or convincing
It's still a shit movie so what does it matter? I still think that 'immersive' and 'convincing' are memes. Have modern audiences with the exception of me gained the ability to genuinely lose themselves in what they're watching to the point where they believe what's happening if it's backed by enough sensible set design and 100% realistic science?

>why are you getting so worked up about this
fuck you i'm literally shaking and i shit myself with rage a second ago it's a serious problem

>things people like to nitpick
That's my problem. If people are going to criticize then actually fucking do it. Nobody on Cred Forums knows fucking anything about what they're talking about so all we ever get is this pointless back and forth of 'UNREALISTIC,' 'TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF,' 'FOOD ANALOGY!'

Realistic is the wrong word, but the CGI was premature in that era. The thing about the original series is that they used models and real props, rather than CGI, which ages very well. CGI in it's entirety will always stick out no matter what.

>getting mad over a post on Cred Forums
you need a break

Yeah you know nothing about blade runners architectural influences.

>you need a break
FUCK YOU! I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW, LET Cred Forums BURRRRRNRNNRNRNRNRNNNIJNOSIUTHP)IUEWHGT PIUEWHT POUEWRT TEPI

>I've seen the movie plenty of times and never at that point have I really thought anything about the look of it, good or bad.
I think by that time, you're just dulled by how unreal everything looks. Perhaps people are still nitpicking, but it doesn't look good, and you seem to be complaining about how people pick apart movies everybody seems to enjoy hating.

>It's still a shit movie so what does it matter?
It has plenty of redeemable elements, like the visuals. I could say the fucking same thing about Attack of the Clones because it's also a shit movie.

>I still think that 'immersive' and 'convincing' are memes
In that case, Lucas should have made this movie with the standards of CGI at the time. He would have saved tens of millions of dollars.

>. Have modern audiences with the exception of me gained the ability to genuinely lose themselves in what they're watching to the point where they believe what's happening if it's backed by enough sensible set design and 100% realistic science?
I don't know what you're saying here. I'm not talking about what audiences have gained, but what people have lacked. This particular scene doesn't ruin the movie. It's something that might look off to a small part of the audience during viewing, and it does because of the lighting and detail not being realistic enough.

>fuck you i'm literally shaking with rage a second ago it's a serious problem
Is this supposed to be sarcasm? People enjoy ripping these movies, this scene looks a little off, so they're making fun of it. That's all.

> If people are going to criticize
This leads to the criticism that the CGI in these movies weren't sophisticated enough to make the scenes convincing or realistic, or the CGI was not used appropriately, which this scene would be an example. That's the "criticism." Nobody calls just posting an still "criticism." People have long decided their opinions of the prequels, so criticism is sort of moot by this point.

For somebody who hates Cred Forums not knowing what they're talking about, you're shitposing pretty loudly.

>This leads to the criticism that the CGI in these movies weren't sophisticated enough to make the scenes convincing or realistic, or the CGI was not used appropriately
And I have to say again, I don't think it's even a criticism. It's like saying 'bad acting.'

'OAIUYSGFPOIWEHGOIWUEHGPIUWEG' is the only appropriate response to 'dude, calm down. Why aren't you calm, like me?'

Anyone here watch Double Toasted reviews? Corey and Martin were both long time friends of Alex Jones (who have fallen out of touch over time) and when they were talking about the Trump campaign, they were like "Wait, what the fuck, is that Alex? What the fuck is Alex doing there?, if people don't know, we used to hang out and smoke weed with Alex".

So the question really stands, is Alex Jones just a act or did it start off as an act and he started believing the crazy shit he spouted or did he just become a right wing convert and go mental?

Alex is the greatest actor of our times

That is a criticism, if a movie is supposed to have bad acting. It's vague, but if I were listing the reasons why I thought a movie was bad, listing that it had bad acting would be a valid criticism? The question would be what is meant by bad acting, and I could say that the actors seemed incapable of emoting when a normal person would emote in such an instance, the accents seemed artificial, they seemed to overact, etc. These could be further broken down. You didn't really give an example of proper critcism, so I don't know what your assumed definition of "criticism" is.

>'OAIUYSGFPOIWEHGOIWUEHGPIUWEG' is the only appropriate response
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. You have responded with nothing.

I honestly believe he had just a fucking batshit DMT trip one time and it fried his brain.

His conspiracy theory has the "clockwork elves" as the alien race controlling the NWO, For those that don't know, "Machine Elves" are a "entity" that people often see when they are on DMT. Basically little people made of fractals. (Yes even I've seen them when I've smoked DMT)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N,N-Dimethyltryptamine#Machine_elves

Alex Jones is just someone who had a bad trip and never left it.

Sorry, meant to say you should not have responded to that at all.

'bad acting' is acting that doesn't suit what the movie's going for. The trouble is that when most people say 'bad acting' they're talking about some David Lynch shit or something from a foreign country where they have different ideas on what acting should look like.

And I think that with cg it's the same thing. I think that Lucas wasn't trying to make a realistic movie because he, like every other sane person, understands that the idea of a 'realistic' approach to Star Wars is stupid and impossible.

>should not have responded to that at all
but if I don't respond then the jews win

Cool. I've never looked into Alex Jones but he seems like a cool guy.

But it's unrealistic in the sense that the CGI looks poorly done, as it's unfinished, not so much the style.

> understands that the idea of a 'realistic' approach to Star Wars is stupid and impossible.
There are plenty of scenes now only the OT, but also the PT that look much realistic. Even by his intentions, this scene fails.

>but if I don't respond then the jews win
Still shitposting.

>unfinished
What do you mean by that? There are no gaps where you can see through to green-screen.

>There are plenty of scenes now only the OT, but also the PT that look much realistic. Even by his intentions, this scene fails.
I'm trying hard but I have no idea what this means

>still shitposting
fuck you, reptillian

>What do you mean by that? There are no gaps where you can see through to green-screen.
As it resembles CGI more than other scenes in the movie.

>I'm trying hard but I have no idea what this means
It had several typos. I meant to say there are scenes not only in the OT, but the PT that look more realistic.

Just because there are realistic looking scenes that doesn't mean anything. It's quite hard to make unrealistic scenes. And the goal wasn't either, the goal was to make Star Wars. And what is Star Wars? Whatever the hell Lucas says it is.

At least prequels created a new universe, I mean new cultures, like Naboo. Something we absolutly didn't get from the horrible TFAg.

>It's quite hard to make unrealistic scenes.
wat. wtf is this supposed to mean? Every scene starts with storyboards, which are created into cheap animatics, which are then painstakingly created into detailed final cuts

Check out these animatics from Episode III

youtube.com/watch?v=HOnyU6MPwdk

It doesn't look remotely realistic. The difference between this and what appears in the film is months, if not years of work and millions of dollars.

>And what is Star Wars? Whatever the hell Lucas says it is.
I really can't wrap my brain around this. So if a movie accomplishes what it's intent was, it can't be criticized? Would defend abominations like the Transformers series? I think every flaws in those movies, (except maybe in Revenge of the Fallen), no matter how awful they are, the creators accomplished their goal.

Why the hell can they never get the lighting right on green-screen sets? Even in LotR, the lighting and shadows on the actor looks out of place with the rest of the shot.

empire is more richard iii than any of the other films

Because no matter what you do, the human brain WILL detect fakeness. There's no way around it.

>responding seriously to such obvious bait

>if a movie accomplishes what its intent was, it can't be criticized?
No. Not really. You can, but it's hard to really take any of it as faults. You can find fault with the artist's vision, but if they created exactly what they intended to then I think that there's technically NOTHING wrong with their creation.

>the human brain WILL detect fakeness
Yes, but the human brain that doesn't have autism will realize that it's watching a movie and not give a fuck.

>

it looks slightly better in motion but this scene always did stand out to me as looking particularly awful.

But you can at least make it less obvious. If you know the character is supposed to be walking in a shaded area, like indoors, then the least you can do is make sure there is not a giant spotlight reflecting off his waxed dome. It's like the director never talks to the lighting guys or the lighting guys never got a copy of the storyboard telling them that the scene is set in a dark place.

This is how the Hobbit movies will looks like in a few years from now.

>You can find fault with the artist's vision
This is begging the question. I could then just transfer any criticism of the execution to a criticism of the "vision," meaning nothing has been accomplished to justifying an artist's work.

>Yes, but the human brain that doesn't have autism will realize that it's watching a movie and not give a fuck.
By this logic, there shouldn't be any attempt to improve the craft of filmaking because people will be satisfied if they keep their expectations lower. When I watch the vast, vast majority of tokusatsu films, I can't appreciate anything that's happening during the battles which compose the lion's share of the films because of how poorly they've aged and the fact that they were pretty hokey even for their period decades ago. The same applies to space films released before Star Wars, which makes the latter such an incredible achievement, and I can't look at the latter film and then look at shows such as Flash Gordon and consider that adequate.

Much of the film uses practical sets, so it won't look this bad.

just a thought

An artist's vision doesn't need justifying. That doesn't mean that it can't be shit, but you can't call something 'wrong' or 'bad' if it's what they were aiming at.

>people will be satisfied if they keep their expectations lower
Who said lower, I just consider my expectations to be different.

The Hobbit is ugly as fuck start to finish. Everything from the colours, to the designs of the dwarfs, to the choreography of the action makes me feel sick. And going back to vision, I think that it was Jackson's intentional to make the movies pretty and entertaining. I found them ugly and boring.

>That doesn't mean that it can't be shit, but you can't call something 'wrong' or 'bad' if it's what they were aiming at.
Why?

>And going back to vision, I think that it was Jackson's intentional to make the movies pretty and entertaining.
So if he said he accomplished exactly what he wanted and you thought he was being honest, you couldn't criticize it?

He is exactly right at the bottom.

The prequels is all about Palpatine plans to rise to power and Anakin becoming Darth Vader. People that say there is too much politics have childhood minds, maybe Lucas forgot that this type of movies are more to teenagers that only want pew pew pew and ligsabers all the time.

there were 10,000 Jedi Knights

I would say, considering how it was treated, there was too much politics. Enough exposition as to how any of Palpatine's plans were supposed to work would have helped. This ain't no Mr. Smith Goes to Washington or All The President's Men, that's for sure. It might, (I say might), have been necessary to create the situation for Episode IV, but it doesn't make the political aspects of the PT good.

If the artist created exactly what they were going for there's nothing wrong with their craftsmanship.

If the Hobbit movies look exactly like Jackson intended them to then he's done a great job technically. I'd be seriously questioning his artistic sense, but he's not incompetent.

>If the artist created exactly what they were going for there's nothing wrong with their craftsmanship.
Why?

>If the Hobbit movies look exactly like Jackson intended them to then he's done a great job technically. I'd be seriously questioning his artistic sense, but he's not incompetent.
This would make film critique nearly impossible because would have to explicitly give evidence as to what you assume the goal of the artist was, and if you can't determine that, (which is very frequent), you would have to give an critique for every plausible intention.

>Corey and Martin were both long time friends of Alex Jones (who have fallen out of touch over time)

What the bloody fuck are you talking about? No they weren't.

I think that film critique shouldn't aim to label movies as 'good' or 'bad.' They should all aim for the Armond White approach. He uses his specialist knowledge to explain what directors are intending to say with their work and how they go about it. He's far more informative than any critic listed on RT.

What Lucas was attempting to do in these movies was ill-conceived and there are plenty of instances where the execution was flawed. Is that better?

MUCH better. This is the kind of base that you can build real criticism off of.

I was being sarcastic, but whatever. I think if I start with the assumption of what audiences expect or should expect, this is a much securer base by trying to surmise what the director wanted.

this is truly impeccable bait, what scares me is that there are people so contrarian that they actually believe it.

Where's the Plinkett review? You fucks said yesterday. And youse fucks are never wrong.

Judging art based on how well it pleases audiences gives you RT though.

Not really. Audiences consistently enjoy films more than critics do. I also said how they should enjoy them, so you can call films like Transformers unredeemable garbage, (which they are), even though audiences love them because you say or assume what audiences should want, but whatever critics' methodology is, they do clearly enjoy Transformers less than audiences.

True critics shouldn't let their personal feelings on Transformers show in their reviews. They should simply tell us what Transformers is and how it goes about doing what it does.

For an example of this see Armond White's review of Transformers 2. He got a lot of shit for this because people didn't get it. Everyone thought he had the gall to call the movie good, when all he did was give an enthusiastic rundown of what it's about.

>shut down the niggespeak overnight

Smdhtbqhwyfam

It's not a personal feeling as much as judging a work against an aesthetic standard.

You didn't address the fact that RT doesn't match how well it pleases audiences.

>Make the site no fun for anybody who doesn't come here to discuss nerd shit.
I don't know where to begin with this.

Alex Jones is controlled opposition.

Wait a minute, are you telling me that there are masses of people out there that don't get such a simple plot?

Which plot exactly?

Critics shouldn't judge work against an aesthetic standard outside of general terms. It's not what makes a good movie. It should be a critic's job to tell us if a movie is interesting enough to be worth our time.

They should act as insider enthusiasts, not consumer advisors.

Why should this site cater to anybody else?

Yes they were, they were coworkers in the past when Cory and Martin were on the Reel Deal at Access TV.

>Critics shouldn't judge work against an aesthetic standard outside of general terms
>general terms
What?

>It's not what makes a good movie.
Which is?

>It should be a critic's job to tell us if a movie is interesting enough to be worth our time.
That begs the question. A critic could justify just about any criticism on the basis that he's indicating whether an audience should see it or not.

That has nothing to do with it. People who use niggerspeak are being ironic, or at this point, just trying to fit in or meming. It might make discussions better, but it wouldn't change whether they're about "nerd shit" or not.

=

>And what is Star Wars? Whatever the hell Lucas says it is.

>Le George Lucas was the sole creative mind behind Star Wars meme

people who say this shit are so uneducated on how Star Wars was actually made, it's painful. You fell for the meme that he was the sole rogue auteur that he sold everyone for decades, when really he was the idiot who got lucky that his sloppy core idea was refined by other, more talented people and he just happened to have the money to force everyone else out afterwards.

You fell for the meme, my friend.

George was why Star Wars was good.
TFA proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Honestly, my only major complaint about the prequels is the acting of Anakin in 2/3.

I could whine about the cgi being highly overused but in the end I can deal with it, I liked the settings.

That's actually a model, like most of the greenscreened backgrounds in the prequels.

Problem was that with George shooting on digital, the model looked like crap when they were compositing people into it.

I don't get it

But surely, this wasn't a problem for other scenes with models are backgrounds, correct?

>who was irvin kershner

you're are mother

>George Lucas had producers and other screenwriters to keep him in line on the first movie and talented editors to save the movie from his boring and sterile directing
>Hardly even involved in ESB, and it's the kino star wars movie
>Bullies his way into shadow directing and writing RotJ, and it's the weakest of the trilogy
>sole creative control on the prequels and they're dogshit
>Completely uninvolved with TFA and it's great

yeah sure, dipshit

>and it's great
stopped reading there

>defending garbage to pretend to know better than anyone else
This is why Cred Forums is the worst board, you faggots are deranged and really think you can rewrite history with your idiotic opinions.

Mike pls.
Your time is over. Die with dignity.

You could have just said it looks like shit then.

>You're are mother
>You are are mother
It's "Your mother" and "You're/you are an asshole"

Get it?
Or should I explain "they, their and they're" to you as well?

How can prequelfags even compete?

This is the extent of your discussion abilities, kid? Calling shit kino and whoever disagrees Mike? Get help, that's paranoid logic and retardation.

How? Peiple still rememver maul poderacers and the galactic senate room.

Hell the otger day my friend referenced soneone looking lije a podracer cause he had a weird hat and goggles on. These images have stayed in peoples minds in a way I doubt tfa will

>ad populum
So you agree that the prequels are good?

He's from reddit, leave him alone.

>le prequels are Cred Forums approved meme
This meme is fucking cancer that was created by dumb newfags like you. For years the prequels were relentlessly mocked on here. No one seriously defended them until 2015 when TFA brought a flood of newfags to this board.

>>Bullies his way into shadow directing and writing RotJ, and it's the weakest of the trilogy

I'm eternally butthurt that he drove off Gary Kurtz for saying that the ewoks were a bad idea.

>until 2015
I might be new, but i'm not that new.

I've been advocating for the prequels here since 2011.

And up until 2015 no one took you seriously. There have always been a very small handful of faggots like you but this board used to laugh at faggots like you until 2015 when the newfags flooded in.

kys

plinkett is irrelevant to the moderrn age of people

Get the fuck out of my board, you newfag scum. You've made this shithole even worse. The prequels are horrible movies.

I love how prequelfags constantly have to resort to screenshots and TFA comparisons. If your entire defense of a movie is "LOOK AT THIS OUT OF CONTEXT PIC" and "WELL, IT'S GOOD IF YOU COMPARE IT TO THIS THING THAT'S BAD" then that movie is fucking shit. Jurassic World is the most unoriginal Jurassic Park movie but that doesn't mean that The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III are good.

Plinkett is absurdly influential and his technique of reinterpreting behind the scenes footage has been used by everyone since then.

yeah nitpicking irrelevant crap is so innovative

Bullshit, I've always liked the prequels and I've been here since Cred Forums began

You're your own kind of retard.

>You're

Last Halloween, when baka desu senpai got filtered, SJW filtered to "spooky scary skeletons." i wish they had kept that around.

Not that user but Plinkett has undeniably had a big influence. YourMovieSucksDOTorg is a Plinkett ripoff, Chris Stuckmann's analysis videos follow Plinkett's formula and there are a ton of other YouTubers that have been influenced by Plinkett. Roger Ebert publicly endorsed Plinkett's review of The Phantom Menace and he said Plinkett's review of Revenge of the Sith made him realize ROTS is shit.

You ARE your own kind of retarded.

>Roger Ebert
>good taste

You're only digging yourself a deeper hole.

See
It's a fact that before 2015 the vast majority of Cred Forums hated the prequels.

>someone points out Plinkett has had a big influence
>you say "nuh uh"
>I list the notable people he has influenced
>you say "those people have shit taste!"
Don't move the goalposts, faggot.

It's in the wikipedia, bruh.

It's about influence, not taste you idiot.

>reinterpreting behind the scenes footage
plinkett ripped off most of this from damon packard's 'the untitled star wars mockumentary' from 2003

vimeo.com/130659252

Point out where that post implied Ebert had good taste.

>tfw it feels like I'm the only one who thinks TPM is the best of the prequels and actually enjoy it

I'm not saying it doesn't have its flaws.

>YourMovieSucksDOTorg
>Chris Stuckmann
>other YouTubers
literally who are these people

Someone advocating that Plinket was influential can safely be assumed to like his work.

This isn't rocket science guys.

I wasn't aware, thanks for correcting me.

>youse

Not sure if mistyped YOU'RE

or mistyped yousa in an attempt to make a Jar-Jar joke.

Everyone stopped reading there, it was the end.

Dipshit.

Please be trolling.

what if all of star wars is garbage

chris stuckman is the guy who re wrote BvS

TELL THAT TO ZODS SNAPPED NECK

>vimeo.com/130659252
I'm skipping through it and it looks silly and surrealistic. If I really enjoyed Plinkett, will I enjoy this?

>YourMovieSucksDOTorg
He got popular by reviewing the first couple of seasons of The Walking Dead. He used to be liked on here but when he started applying his extremely nitpicky autism to good movies this board got sick of him. A few months ago it was revealed that he thinks there's nothing wrong with bestiality and since then every YMS thread on here gets spammed with "Adam Johnston from YourMovieSucksDOTorg (yms) is a dog rapist who enjoys bestiality."
>Chris Stuckmann
He's massively popular amongst normies. Most of his videos are pretty bland but every once in a while he'll ripoff Plinkett and make a long-winded analysis video. A few months ago he re-wrote a scene from BvS and got relentlessly mocked because what he wrote was even dumber than the original here.

As someone who sat down and rewrote the prequels, I understand this man's anguish.

Is it any good?

>original here.
*original scene.

>As someone who sat down and rewrote the prequels

It's hilariously awful. Here's page 1.

>rewrote the prequels
How'd they turn out?

Here's page 2.

Oh....

He's the type who thinks more dialogue equals better dialogue.

>HURR THIS MOVIE FROM THE EARLY 2000S LOOKS BAD IN 2016
thanks for the insight guys
even Avatar's cgi looks dated now

>Tell that to Zod's snapped neck
kek

Matches up with the originals perfectly.

Holy shit.

Almost forgot to tell you the story of this shit. When Stuckmann posted these he claimed he wrote them in just a few minutes and he acted smug. He seriously thought what he had written was a massive improvement. Then when everyone relentlessly mocked him he made a long video where he claimed he wasn't upset by the mockery he was receiving and he went on and on about how he wrote this shit in just a few minutes.

I think it looks bad within the context of the movie, as in there are plenty of more convincing shots than these.

Okay, but the lack of that wasn't really the most problematic aspect of the prequels. How did you deal with the fact that politics and fantasy action don't mix very well and you had to create a narrative that would result in the Emperor having complete power, but the Senate still existing in a hollowed form?

>terrible CGI and blatantly obvious greenscreen is okay if it was done in the early 00s!
Shit excuse. Even back in the early 00s that garbage was laughably bad. They should've built a set instead of over-relying on CGI.

The prequels have the best music and lightsaber fights

Maybe he's implying the shit is adhesive enough to retain the shape of a bucket.

>A few months ago he re-wrote a scene from BvS and got relentlessly mocked because what he wrote was even dumber than the original here.
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck

sounds like plinkett has influenced the giant intellects of the age

>best music
The music in the prequels is pretty damn good but A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back have the best music.
>lightsaber fights
Return of the Jedi has the best lightsaber fight. It's not as action packed as the prequel fights but it has more emotion and suspense than all of the prequel fights put together.

First had to deal with what the Jedi discover and when they discover it.

At the end of AOTC the Jedi realize that Dooku is leading the enemy, but he also commissioned the Republics clone army.

They also realize that a Sith Lord is in the Republic and has massive influence over the senate.

I had to change the Sith into an illuminati type group. No one believes they are real. If the Jedi try to tell people that a Sith is in the Republic, they will think they're crazy.

So... the Jedi have to keep it a secret and act against the war efforts best interests in order to route out the Sith.

This causes the Senate and the masses to grow distrustful of the Jedi Order.

No one is arguing he has influenced good people. The point is he undeniably had a huge impact on internet culture.

Anyone with half a brain likes the prequels more than TFA.

There is nothing original about TFA.
There is nothing memorable about TFA.
It's an exact remake of Ep4 but much worse.
DUDE SPACE NAZIS ARE THE WORST, NEVER FORGET.

Cont...

So when the Jedi finally realize that Palpatine if the enemy and go to arrest him, it is easier for him to make it seem like the Jedi are villains because they've been doing super secretive shit since the war started. A war that was started by an ex-Jedi.

There are only 2 and 1/3 good Star Wars movies.

Also made major changes to Anakinid character. Owen is his full brother now who gets pissed off that he leaves to go fight in the war in episode 1, leaving Owen and his mother to toil away on the farm without him.

this. plinkett is just a meme

Liking three cups of vomit more than one pile of shit

/thread

>Anyone with half a brain likes the prequels more than TFA.
How does it feel to be retarded?

>Anyone with half a brain likes the prequels more than TFA.
The prequels are fucking terrible. TPM and AOTC are so dull they're practically unwatchable. ROTS is entertaining but that's because it's unintentionally hilarious.
>There is nothing original about TFA.
Kylo Ren
>There is nothing memorable about TFA.
Han Solo's death
>DUDE SPACE NAZIS ARE THE WORST, NEVER FORGET.
Why the fuck are you complaining about the bad guys being space Nazis? Have you ever watched the original trilogy?

5>4>6>3>1>7>2
This is canon
Any other interpretation is fanfiction

These two things correlate but aren't mutually inclusive.

>You thought a pair of glasses could fool the world's greatest detective

...I can't even begin to express the sheer amount of layers there are to how he fucked up here.

Disney sucks dick after the 90's.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6CsGY8wpGw

Don't worry user, he doesn't know the original had space nazi's too.

The only thing I did not like about TFA was the wasted use of both Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian. I hope to fuck Donny Yen fucks shit up.

What about late 90's?

Joe Rogan has known Alex Jones since 1998/99. On a recent Fight Companion, I think it was this one

youtube.com/watch?v=WH7llf2vaKQ

Eddie or Jamie asked if Alex makes money from his show and from his conspiracy theories, and Joe said something like "yeah, but I knew him many years ago and he was like this even then. That guy would be talking about this shit even if he worked for an insurance company or something. And he's been right on some things. He was on the NSA surveillance thing years before Snowden leaked everything."

I personally think that he's not acting. He believes what he says and his heart is in the right place, and I think the sheer scope and breadth of all the corruption, currency inflation, race war, bio-warfare, and depopulation things he believes are in the works are taking a Lovecraftian toll on his mind.

>New cultures like Naboo

Describe Naboo's culture for me user

>He was on the NSA surveillance thing years before Snowden leaked everything.

People knew about it, everyone just let it kind of go. Remember there was a whole Simpsons Episode about it with Mark McGwire.

Traditionalist simple people.
Non confrontational, yet aloof.

>he still believes the myth of social engineering
wew lad

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

But traditionalist like earth traditionalist?

Thats earths culture projected onto an earth like planet with a bunch of frogmen living in a pond

>thinking I'll listen to a black guy

>Conservative
>Smokes weed
FUCKIN DROPPED

D
R
O
P
P
E
D

It's b8 m8. No one actually likes the prequels it's a meme.

>tries to do the plinkett meme
>gets a response he doesn't like (ie. not a shitpost)
>degenerates into incoherence

sasuga Mike

Since when has 'meme' become the new bait?

Nope.
We both know that's not true.

Why do they have Darth Vader in the picture twice?

Not that guy but he was asked to describe the original culture of Naboo, and he his entire response was crap

>Traditionalist, simple
Literally a giant power reactor core in their palace

>Non confrontational
They keep weapons in the armrest of their thrones as well as a squadron of fighter space jets a couple floors down

>Aloof
Every single resident is completely uninteresting and show no personality at all

yet matte paintings from 40 years ago are still convincing

Got to milk the iconic images.

>the aliens who have chinese accents, it's all geopolitical

You just described Cred Forums.

>>Traditionalist, simple
Has a queen figurehead. They wear clothes without branding or logos, so less capitalistic.

>>Non confrontational
>I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war
>We must keep our faith in the republic. The day we stop believing Democracy can work, is the dat we lose it.

>>Aloof
>The Naboo think they so smarte. They think they brains so big!
>Yousa no thinkin yousa better than tha Gungans?

I get it, you like hating good movies,

Wait.......scratch that

He's in there 3 TIMES

>so convincing

>Anakin
>iconic

Vader is only in the picture once.

4 if you count the little ship in the left hand corner

if you don't think that looks more realistic than , you are a fucking idiot or a blind person

Devil May Cry

I couldn't even tell that it was supposed to be a spaceport with out Kenobi saying it.
I can tell that the jedi temple is a jedi temple.

Obviously, Anakin would be there because he's the antagonist and Vader would be there because he's iconic. What a stupid post.

Also, Anakin doesn't look that angry or evil in the post, so he's probably not Darth Vader, yet.

TFA is the ultimate reddit bait. They always come to defend it. Despite it being a literal 2/10.

>2/10
very generous

The actual meme is to pretend they have no redeeming qualities. They are flawed but the people that act like the movies are just one big pile of shit is the actual meme

So your only "argument" is le reddit? Fucking newfags don't lurk anymore.

Wait, so you believe the prequels are not a pile of shit?

Isn't that the meme?

cringe

Jesus, why my mind never caught that is beyond me.

based jones

Not an argument
Tryhard newfag wants to like the prequels to feel unique but is too dumb to elaborate on why

>Not an argument
That's a newfag meme though.

Who are you trying to fool?

tfa plinkett review when?

Soon? Its imminent release was announced on a pretty shitty video recently.

>han solos lets turn off the lights to show its getting dark now death was memorable

What? It was so stale I almost laughed, there was so little build up to it.

maybe they shouldn't have uded cgi backgrounds, did you ever think of that?

>on a pretty shitty video recently
you are going to have to be more specific, because all of their non-plinkett review content is pretty shitty

I can agree.

Nobody, you're new as fuck and it shows.

Your ilk were nowhere to be seen when I started browsing Cred Forums in 2011

This pretty much, people act like all those minatures they used werent cool as fuck or that everyone didnt like diel of fates. Prequels had some real shit but youre speaking hyperbole if you think its 100% garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=j4z3xv2l9_k

The announcement starts at 5:47. You could have just believed me. It's not like there's a date or anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=3WSJm23niHk
Surprised no one posted this yet

Didn't someone on reddit find a 9/23 expiration date on one of the salads? Illuminati confirmed

It's shouldn't be because it's mostly shit.

>One of the things that people most admired about the original Star Wars films was how convincing the special effects looked, and while they have aged considerably, a lot of it still looks very good.
According to whom? Lucas, Hamill, Fisher, and even the studio executives were incredibly disappointed with ANH before release. The rubber masks and repainted Halloween suits were incredibly disappointing to Mark Hamill and Lucas. The look Lucas wanted is within the Ralph McQUarrie paintings which feature incredibly beautiful and fantastical designs. The technological of the time could barley reach a fraction of that so Lucas had to make do which proved to be extremely successful.

>while they have aged considerably
This is incredibly incorrect and sounds biased. The OT is dated as hell. Matte paintings are incredibly obvious with modern HD, fighters and space craft appear out of nothing, overlays are obvious as well. Then there's the stiff and lifeless looking suits/masks and puppets. The Rancor fight is obviously stop motion superimposed to the screen with giant black lines.

>the CGI should have been better.
Lucas and ILM pushed CGI to it's limits with the prequels. Nothing like Jar Jar, Courscant or Naboo had ever been done before on such a scale. They kicked opened the door for a lot of studios to get what we see now. Nothing in the 1990's approached what the Phantom Menace did technically to claim otherwise is foolish.

Just like the prequels

kek, this has 1,299 views. That doesn't make it wrong, but are you surprised that something so relatively obscure isn't it posted. I'm surprised there aren't more videos like these, but that doesn't mean what exist is good. What Plinkett, for instance, points out parts of Palpatine's plan that don't make sense, or aren't explained, merely giving an explanation that doesn't have any basis in the narrative, it only says that some explanation could be invented, not that it's there or should be acceptable to viewers.

>which proved to be extremely successful.
This was my point.

>This is incredibly incorrect and sounds biased.
Why did you quote me when I said they have aged considerably?

>Nothing in the 1990's approached what the Phantom Menace did technically to claim otherwise is foolish.
When did I say otherwise? I said the CGI wasn't good enough, not that it wasn't technically incredible when it was released.

are you fucking kidding me here?
you're probably one of those guys who shits on the prequels and says TFA is sooo better in the same breath

incredibly weak bait, literally 0/10

So will Plinket toss the salad tomorrow?

>"uneducated plebian"
>spelling plebeian wrong while trying to sound pretentious as fuck

kek

They are very very flawed. It's not hard to see why people thought that that it was enough to consider them piles of shit.

I'll agree with you that they have a few redeeming qualities here and there, but it's not enough to bump them up from terrible movie status to decent movie status.

I meant to quote that where it said "a lot of it still looks very good" which sounds biased since ANH, ESB and ROTJ look like films released in the late 70's and early 80's.

>CGI wasn't good enough
I don't understand how it wasn't good enough when the effects have praised for breaking ground and changed how studios utilize CGI. We can now make cities of impossible design and scale without limit and incredible attention to detail.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696
Especially funny since China and Korea have a bad reception to the OT since they see it as "bland" and "boring".

>implying some random tweet is proof of anything
wew lad

Eh, I said "a lot," which leaves me leeway.

> look like films released in the late 70's and early 80's.
Really? Which in particular?

>We can now make cities of impossible design and scale without limit and incredible attention to detail.
Okay, well with that technology, a shot like would be more convincing.

Chinks are tasteless cretins who will eat up any shiny CGI you throw at them. Of course they're gonna prefer the CGI-filled prequels over the old-fashioned originals. The average Chink probably thinks Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a better than every 20th century film.

>random tweet
>from Lucasfilm employee
>part of the story group which overseas creative control over the franchise

Also Pablo and Leland Chee have dozens of posts like this. Additionally, he's right the prequels are liked and popular with the people who grew up with them. There is an entire generation of kids who grew up with TCW and almost 20 years worth of content. To claim the prequels are unpopular is beyond retarded.

>caring about China's opinions
That shithole of a country is fucking ruining Hollywood. They've saved many terrible movies from flopping and they encourage Hollywood to pump out more garbage. If they continue to have such a massive influence over Hollywood soon every major movie will pander to China and the characters and plots will be as simplistic as possible to make sure there aren't any translation issues.

>The average Chink probably thinks Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a better than every 20th century film.
This. There is a people who actually have worse taste than Americans, and it is the Yellow Peril.

>Really? Which in particular?
I just gave you a list of special effects failures that are particular to that era of film, especially problems with stop motion in live film. Ford, Hamill, Hagon and several extras wear hairstyles and clothing from the era.

>would be more convincing.
To whom? AOTC during it's release had high praise for it's CGI. Of course it would look unconvincing now when we've seen some very impressive CGI in movies like Transformers, Jurassic World, and The Force Awakens. Also, it's not all CGI. That is actually a miniature with actors imposed onto it. Something Lucas really pioneered and other perfected it since he became absent.

starwars.com/news/from-concept-to-screen-the-jedi-temple

>CGI-filled prequels
TPM, AOTC and ROTS had more practicals in one movie than the entire OT combined. The majority of what you see in the prequels is practicals like Palpatine's office, the Jedi temple, Kamino and etc. Even the Battle Droids in TPM were mostly practicals. The point is they did not get the OT during the 70's and 80's, they don't have a weird nostalgic attachment to these movies which proves you like what you grow up with. Teens and kids like the prequels more than the OT since they grew up with it.

>I just gave you a list of special effects failures that are particular to that era of film, especially problems with stop motion in live film.
I was asking for particular films.

>AOTC during it's release had high praise for it's CGI.
Okay? I wasn't denying that.

>Of course it would look unconvincing now when we've seen some very impressive CGI in movies like Transformers
I would say, limited CGI can be used in ways that make it less or more convincing. While the CGI in Terminator 2 does not hold up very well, it holds up rather well for its period because of its very limited use. I was just pointing out a particular scene in AOTC that would work better with better CGI, or just special effects.

>That is actually a miniature with actors imposed onto it.
I was aware of that, but the result is something less to be desired, and probably something could have been fixed with better computer technology. Or they were just being lazy.

>You will never get paid to ramble nonsensically

This must be the best job ever

>"TPM, AOTC and ROTS had more practicals in one movie than the entire OT combined. The majority of what you see in the prequels is practicals like Palpatine's office, the Jedi temple, Kamino and etc. Even the Battle Droids in TPM were mostly practicals."
>ignoring the fact there was tons and tons of CGI in the prequels
Some practical effects don't negate the shitload of CGI that's in the prequels. There are countless scenes that are full of CGI.

If people hate the cgi filled prequels why did they like the cgi filled tfa? China liked tfa as well too, does that make tfa garbage?

>Teens and kids like the prequels more than the OT since they grew up with it.
It depends what you mean by grow up. I saw the OT first many times as a very small child and saw Episode at the age of seven or eight, and I didn't like it then. Maybe it's because my aesthetics were ruined for having watched the OT so early? Was I not the prime audience for Episode I, or was Lucas aiming for an even younger audience, perhaps preschoolers? Maybe the political intrigue would have made more sense to me if I was also learning at the same time to read or count.

Meant to say, saw Episode I at the age of seven or eight.

No sane person could look at that and say "that looks great"

TFA had way more practical effects, idiot.

Wow, I've never seen a prequel fanboy seriously argue the prequels aren't full of CGI. Are you retarded or George Lucas?

>Episode III
>3 Vaders

Four if you count the Anakin piloting the starship.

TFA is garbage compared to the original trilogy. Fuck the chinks and fuck you prequelfags.

Can someone shop a version of the poster where everyone is Anakin?

>some
>the entirety of geonosis arena and naboo were miniature sets. Including the inside sets for kamino

Nobody iscdenying that the fully cgi scenes aged like milk. But everyone seems to want to seems to want to pretend like it was all cgi and nothing else. Its like there can be no middle ground and everything has to be 100% bad to sate their autism.

take the initiative, do it yourself, don't let those precious (You)s fall into someone else's hands

A very popular conception people had during that time was those were actors in suits. No one knew it was CGI. I remember Lucasfilm had to make a statement to tell people it was CGi. I feel like people on this board dont understand how limited CGI was during the late 90's and early 00's. Even LOTR and the Matrix had to play it safe because we had very bland and stiff movements. Lucas pushed ILM to almost quitting to make movements right. Since everyone copied him, i'd say it was successful.

You really should look at reviews from the early 00's before you talk out your ass on anonymous anime imageboard.

You really should stop getting your opinions from jaded Gen-xers.

boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/

makezine.com/2015/10/07/the-surprising-practical-effects-of-the-star-wars-prequels/

Just looking at the behind the scenes would prove you wrong. Also, I'm a big fan of Star Wars, not just the prequels.

>neckbeards blame Jews for prequels being shit and everyone liking TFA

Keep in mind that the ONLY genuinely good star wars movie (empire) was directed by a Jew

>ONLY genuinely good star wars movie (empire)
>critically mixed during its release
>unpopular with fans until ROTJ and years after that
lol

It's not technically poor.. It's stylistically designed to look that way. Each episode has it's own aesthetic.

>I remember Lucasfilm had to make a statement to tell people it was CGi.
Do you have a link to the statement? Genuinely curious, I must've forgotten about it.

I enjoyed that game as a kid. I remember reading about Jake Lloyd saying couldn't play it because he didn't have enough RAM in his computer.

The TFA Plinkett review will be such a joke, a spirtiual and creative failure of which the Internet has never seen before.

hopefully redlettermedia disbands soon after

I guess you can say 1 Vader is InVADING

Okay, that was just fucking terrible barely makes any sense. kys

Based Sheev. Jedi genocide best day of my life.

>previously, on Stargate SG-1

>Gen-xers
lol all your credibility went out the window when you said that

you dont even know what that phrase means
its not a label for kids in the 90s
youre a buzzword using dumbass

It's Korey you moron. Get the name right. But that's a new one. Though I don't listen to them as much as I did in the past

>tfw Spill is dead and no Co-Host

This image is correct, Revenge of the Sith is a better movie than Return of the Jedi.

ROTS is the only good Star Wars movie.

>good Star Wars movie.
we have yet to see such a thing

this. i have more respect for jonesy than any single man on the planet. he IS entertainment

KOTOR 1 and 2 are the only good star wars movies

>make baseless assumptions about prequels being all CGI
>get proven wrong
>HA! I found a critical flaw in your comment! You said a BUZZWORD! Argument debunked
You have no argument, user.

>this is what tfa fans actually believe.

They decided early on that they wouldnt be using miniatures and made a cgi millenium falcon instead. Holy shit Im laughing

Why did they CGI in giants?

>LOL THE FLOOR IS LAVA LOL

thats what your average reddit browsing star wars fan would comment

>A very popular conception people had during that time was those were actors in suits.
Those people were retarded.
>No one knew it was CGI. I remember Lucasfilm had to make a statement to tell people it was CGi.
Bullshit.
>Since everyone copied him, i'd say it was successful.
He definitely pushed CGI forward but that doesn't negate the fact that most of it has aged horribly.
>Just looking at the behind the scenes would prove you wrong.
Do I seriously have to keep repeating myself? Some practical effects don't negate the CGI. There's tons of CGI in the prequels.

What is this picture? Is it a photograph?

being iconic doesn't mean it's good, hell everyone knows what Noah's Ark is and that is the dumbest story maybe in existence. Character designs and specific settings are not the problem with the prequels either, in the same way I don't get mad at an AR 15 after a school shooting

You've clearly never been to Reddit, especially their star wars boards. The prequels are really hated there and so is the ST. It's mostly filled with EU and OT guys.

So anytime someone says something you disagree with it's reddit? That makes no sense.

>>make baseless assumptions about prequels being all CGI
>>get proven wrong
No one has said EVERYTHING in the prequels is CGI. The point people have raised is the prequels over-relied on CGI. There's no denying that there's tons of CGI in them that has aged badly. You can post dozens of pics of practical effects but that doesn't make shit like this pic okay.

3 > 1 > 5 > 4 > 6 > 2 > 7
You cant disprove this

>some

You keep using this word but I dont think you undersrand what it means. There were tons of practical effectsin ep1 alone, its even weirder when there were tons of cgi scenes in tfa yet no one brings that up.

no i meant their humor is childish

and i wasnt disagreeing with anyone, i understand you were "Arguing" or whatever about what ever gay shit but i was just commenting on the photo and how some kind of normie faggot would say some stupid shit like that for upvotes

ps.
why do you make it seem like its something bad to have never gone on facebook2.0?

You're once again completely ignoring my point and droning on about shit that doesn't matter. Fine, there were tons of practical effects in the prequels. Does that make the terrible CGI okay? NO! Now fuck off.

that is like one or two frames its hardly noticeable.

>You've clearly never been to Reddit, because i have and its quite different than it seems, especially their star wars boards which i frequent often. The prequels are really hated there and so is the ST, like it fucking matters hahaha. It's mostly filled with EU and OT guys which are a bunch of fags unlike me.

jethus cwithe....

KOTOR 1 is shit and KOTOR 2 is only good because the person making it hated Star Wars.

>their humor is childish
>assuming comedy from a website filled with millions of people with different taste and ideologies separated by boards
You're pushing me past suspending my disbelief. That's like assuming the average YouTube and Facebook user all think alike.

>how some kind of normie faggot would say some stupid shit like that for upvotes
What?

The Jedi are such assholes, taking up this much real estate on a planet that's got practically no fucking space left.

>t. younger than 25

>it's just one or two frames!
>look, the originals had flaws too!
The difference is most of the badly aged effects in the originals are pretty short and they had no alternatives. A ton of the shit effects in the prequels could've been avoided with practical effects but George got lazy.

>You can post dozens of pics of practical effects but that doesn't make shit like this pic okay.
Nostalgia bias. This entire scene looks like shit now.

>implying Jones is wrong here

seriously fuck off back to redit your brand of post "analysis"

you dont belond here, star wars fag

Where did I say the effects in the originals are flawless? You prequelfags are the most desperate faggots on the planet.

>Those people were retarded.
>thinking 2002 had great cgi with realistic movement
No, you're retarded. And you're showing your age. Look at the reviews and awards, people were impressed beyond words.
>Bullshit.
>forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=823183
>Star Wars databank had to release information saying no costumes were made and it was all cg
>it has aged horribly
Technology ages, user. I'm not understanding your point. Nothing made 20 years ago is going to hold up to today's modern practicals and computer animation. Jurassic Park shows its' age no matter how people try to defend it. The Rex is jerking in the rain, there is no realistic movement of the brachosaurs and the Raptor scene in the kitchen is very jarring.

>This entire scene looks like shit now.
Yeah, probably.

these prequels are terrific

You dont really have a point is the problem, if you can find a movie where the cgi hasnt aged poorly made in the early 200s I'll give ya a cookie.

Even in highly praised movies like LoTR you can tell gollums texturing and shadows dont accurately mesh with the ground. The real point is to wonder how he could of done scenes differently, but droning on about having greenscreen that aged poorly is like saying stop motion looks weird compared to regular moving people. No shit sherlock, what a wonderful observation. Old movie cgi ages poorly holy shit who knew. I bet none of the OT green screen or TFA is noticeable at all.

The point is that people who go on about the scenes that look awful never want to talk about when it works. At the time it was made people were praising that shit. As it gets better you notice thinfs more, what else is there to discuss really? Lets not forget lucus basically pushed dmi image lighting which is used in every cgi studios today, but I guess hes a hack for trying right?

>I have no argument so I'll scream reddit boogeyman

>muh lucas boogeyman
He obviously knew his own idea were shit and he hated writing the scrips of his movies
>muh episode v kino
IV is more entertaining that the slow pace V has sometimes
>sole creative control
He had a team but they were pussies to told him when he had shitty ideas
>TFA great
disneyshill pls

It took Star Wars VII to make Cred Forums like the prequels

Only based Rian can save us now.

Forget the bickering about CGI and practical effects, what makes the prequels so terrible is the characters are shit, the dialogue is hilariously awkward and the acting is extremely wooden. Obi-Wan is the only likeable protagonist. Anakin is in annoying kid in Episode I and in the other prequels he's an autistic edgelord, Qui-Gon is a bland asshole, Jar Jar is painfully unfunny, Padme is a generic love interest and the other characters are so uninteresting they aren't worth mentioning. The originals aren't deep masterpieces but at least the characters were likeable/memorable and the actors delivered decent performances.

Oof, some of those green screen shots look terrible. The space shot looked okay. A problem of the prequels though is such an extraordinarily number of shots are either entirely composed of a background of special effects, or special effects fills the scene, making them much less susceptible to age than the OT.

>He had a team but they were pussies to told him when he had shitty ideas
This is straight up wrong. Ford, Filoni, Hamil, Hayden, Fisher, Portman and even his own team questioned him all the time. You can see this banter in the behind the scenes. Filoni fought with Lucas over keeping Ahsoka around. He mentioned Lucas actually liked being challenged. I think the problem is they got too ambitious and thought Lucas could do no wrong. Which is why TPM is a fucking mess. Look at the making of movie. Everyone was so hyped to be doing star wars again and when they saw the movie they realized they fucked up. Lucas starts slamming himself and then Ben Burt voiced his opinions on the film.

People bitch and moan about the CGI because in many instances George could've used practical effects instead. Did he use a lot of practical effects? Yeah but he should've used more.

Why are you talking about the Saturday morning cartoon?

We are talking about the films.

>People bitch and moan about the CGI because in many instances
ONLY on the internet. Most of the stuff you read today is after the fact. There is no way in hell you could make Courscant, Felucia, or Mustafar with convincing practicals. It would be an absolute nightmare to do.

I'm not bitching about the planets, I'm bitching about shit like making all of the Clone Troopers CGI and making the final duel on Mustafar too ridiculous.

>There is no way in hell you could make Courscant

>inb4 le blade runner

The AOTC speeder chase could not have been done practically.

>Kylo Ren
>original
Even the normies called him a "Darth Vader wanna be"
>Han Solo death
>memorable
Not memorable but funny, any scene when Kylo Ren shows his retarded face is funny desu

The speeder chase was so dull and absurd they should've cut it from the film.

>Did he use a lot of practical effects? Yeah but he should've used more.

He used more practical effects in each film than he did in the entire OT.

>Even the normies called him a "Darth Vader wanna be"
You've missed the point of Kylo's character. He WANTS to be Darth Vader but he miserably fails.

ok kiddo

>only the films
No, we're talking about how Lucas treats his staff. Since most of the people that worked on the films worked on the show, it's pretty relevant.

Noone disagrees with that though, and once again scenes like geonosis or the podracing ha gar used cgi really well. So what is there to talk about exactly? Some visual compositions in the movie look bad and some dont.

Seems to me like people are just autistic and refuse to even think there could be one positive thing about the movie.

And he should've used more. You can keep saying "LOOK AT ALL THE PRACTICAL EFFECTS HE USED" but I don't care because there are tons of scenes that overuse CGI that has aged like milk.

Cred Forums pls

Sort of like the entire Sequel Trilogy in trying to be the Original Trilogy. A clever meta-commentary, done at the film's expense, and not flattering to it.

>And he should've used more.
kill you are self

>making all of the Clone Troopers CGI
They were motion capture

>and making the final duel on Mustafar too ridiculous.
Shit taste

There aren't any thst overused CGI.

It makes no sense to say he should've used more when he used a healthy mix of different effects to accomplish stuff.

>could be one positive thing about the movie.
Everybody loves Duel of the Fates. It was a shame it was used for such a pointless spectacle and it's just lame that they just reused it for the finale of the trilogy. They should have used Duel of the Fates there first.

>I'm bitching about shit like making all of the Clone Troopers CGI and making the final duel on Mustafar too ridiculous.
I've never heard people complain about the Clone Troopers before. Also, you would have to find the same actors with the same height and build for tiny moments on screen. The motion capture still looks good.

Aside from filming original material and experimenting with the editing, I assume it's taking so long because so many other people have called TFA on its abundant flaws and RLM has to take all that into account.

>There aren't any thst overused CGI.
There are tons of masturbatory action sequences that overuse CGI.

>They were motion capture
That still makes them CGI, correct?

>hey just reused it for the finale of the trilogy.
It was played for like 3 secondsin ROTS.

ROTS had a new main theme/fight theme.
Get it together, intern.

>no argument

>They were motion capture
So? It's still CGI that has aged badly.
>Shit taste
Top fucking kek, the Mustafar duel is shit. It's way longer than it needs to be and it eventually becomes so over the top your suspension of disbelief dies.

>used for such a pointless spectacle
>duel with maul literally foreshadows the death of the jedi order and republic
>pointless spectacle
Jesus, user

>your suspension of disbelief dies.
Nah, it was great.

>It's way longer than it needs to be
It's literally a few minutes shorter than the duel in ESB.

Obviously, it wasn't memorable enough and probably inferior to Duel of the Phates, which is clear, at least to me, that it's the only part they remembered. Williams almost outdid himself for such a pointless scenario as the fight between Devil Man, old and dull pseudo-protagonist, and a character with no purpose up until that battle than to to be smug and nervous. Instead, he should have reserved his efforts for the final duel, or just used Duel of the Fates there.

But Battle of The Heroes is the better track.
Get some taste.

Like?

Their movements are still actual movements, just their look is CGI. No difference from Maz, Snoke, or some Stormtroopers in TFA

>So? It's still CGI that has aged badly.
Congratulations, you discovered thst films can age badly, just like the OT did.

>It's way longer than it needs to be
Its basically as long as Luke vs Vader

>and it eventually becomes so over the top your suspension of disbelief dies.
No it doesn't. No more than any of the other films.

>character with no purpose up until that battle than to to be smug and nervous
The entire film is setting obi-wan up to be a bad teacher. Did you miss the point?