RE: White Washing

RE: White Washing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4GNm7IHLHgY
youtube.com/watch?v=aYmrIvIgt3g
youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's destined to be shit, but scarjo is the most uncreative casting choice I could think of for this

also she's not nearly hot enough and why would an android have a husky voice

um

she basically played the same character in Under The Skin

>people who have are freaking out over this
I'm glad that I'm not the only one in the world who sees Kitano as the bigger issue. Why the fuck would you waste such a unique talent on a completely unsuited minor role in such a giant load of bullshit?

Kitano should be directing this trainwreck if anything. At least then it would be guaranteed to be interesting. It might even turn out well.

watch him in Taboo

he's great

What's the big deal? Anime is already whitewashed.

It's called marketability. If it were some nigger cast everyone would be praising it as a bold, progressive move.

Did Motoko look Asian before?

Also, are any actual Japs annoyed about this or is it just SJW faggots being offended for them?

Why does "what they did before" matter? They had a chance to do something new NOW.

You have a chance to stop sucking cock every day, but you never do, faggot.

Wow, nice comeback for an 11 year old.

>Asian character
>blue eyes
>white skin

Asians love white people and in Japan they don't give a fuck about Scarjo being the Major

Wow, nice comeback for a sperm breather.

Who cares, japs are ugly so it's better this way.

Japs don't give a fuck about it. There aren't even any Hollywood Jap actresses who could realistically take on the role.

There probably could've been a better white choice for the role though but Scarjo's popularity and role in the capeshit movies will bring a lot of people to watch this without having a clue of the source material.

Muh tolerance
muh niggas
muh genders
muh whitewashing

Fuck that shit. Fucking losers.

Should have been her

>stick figure body

Yeah, dead ringer for Motoko there.

>posting blowup doll face SAC Motoko
>not the superior androgynous movie Motoko
Underage please go

Katana actress could do it.

Post some from original artist not some fans fap fantasy.

Yeah sure, she could. Who would go watch that movie though? There isn't any Asian Hollywood actresses that could carry this movie and bring people to watch it. Sure Scarjo isn't that great of an actress but she'll bring in the viewers.

>Being retarded on purpose

That is official art.

>Post some from original artist
You mean the lesbian orgy in the original manga?

y-yes please post it

IT'S HAPPENING
youtube.com/watch?v=4GNm7IHLHgY

youtube.com/watch?v=aYmrIvIgt3g

>people getting mad because a robot is not asian
>people not getting mad that Batou doesn't have artificial eyes

>muh tits

winstead has the perfect pseud-asian look for the role

But Motoko doesn't look asian, you dense fucker.

She a Jew in that land of Jew pedophiles. Of course they'll cast her until her tits sag. Then they'll squeeze a few crappy comedies out of her.

Every anime character is based on white people you fucker

Execs are just hoping for a repeat of Lucy. That movie is literally why this one is happening.

she doesn't have any great acting chops, but an emotionless cyborg fits her pretty well.

Major Makoto isn't a Japanese woman, she's a Japanese woman's brain in a jar inside a robot body that looks like a Caucasian woman. Don't even offer your opinion if you don't know anything about the source material.

We don't even know if she was Japanese originally. She was basically a Jane Doe child with a body so ruined it required a full body replacement.

Indeed. Japs couldn't care less.
Too bad they won't be watching the movie either though.

If anything, ScarJo isn't androgynous enough. After all, movie-Motoko is rather tall, has angular features and looks toned even when she doesn't go into full cyborg-bodybuilder mode, whereas Scarlett is 5'5'', has delicate features (they DID do something to her eyebrows for that movie though) and a beautifully feminine "I wanna motorboat them asscheeks"-physique.

It sucks.

>Indeed. Japs couldn't care less. Too bad they won't be watching the movie either though.

lol what

Do you think Japanese people don't watch movies made outside of Japan or something

It has beat takeshi.
that guy is a legend over there.

It could be something they're going to CG in. We haven't really seen any promotional shots of him, haven't we?

That's not what I was saying. But there hasn't been a single Western adaptation of Japanese source material that has fared well.

it's because directors always want to do their interpretation.

Which is always wrong because they're doing someone else's material.

Well, following that logic, Stanley Kubrick's movies should've been box-office poison.

I will leave this right here.
youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc

I've watched loads of japanese movies. Not anime, but actual movies. I don't care about anime or live adaptations. I will however support every trailer and go watch this just as a fuck you to these cry baby assholes. This movie was going to flop no matter who was cast. People will try to cry whitewashing was the reason, but that won't be true. Hollywood is dying.

>This movie was going to flop no matter who was cast
LOL
ScarJo's last scifi action movie, Lucy, had a budget of 40 million and made 463.4 million at the box office

Anytime something like that happens in hollywood Asians tend to not give a shit.

I swear to god, the white developed world has totally missed the point that movies = entertainment.

IT
SHOULD
HAVE
BEEN
MEW

I'm mad because ScarJo is a horrible choice.

Still wish they got a jap. Her actual race is irrelevant because it doesn't exist. Mokoto feels Japanese because she speaks Japanese, supposedly lives Japan and is in anime.

>british director
>negress in the trailer
>shit castings
>couldnt even copy motoko waking up shot right

this movie never had a chance

Motoko was designed to fit into a Japanese populace.

why does this poor souls has a retarded look on her face 24/7?
its like someone told her in acting school to make an effort to look confused all the time
i fucking cant look at her face let alone find her attractive like many people do

I know what you mean. Casting Johanssen was a financial decision above everything else, that should be obvious. I wouldn't go as far as calling it a "horrible" choice, but I really doubt she will do the character justice outside of pure action scenes. That said, there's simply no suitable Japanese actress available - not that it would actually matter since it's not like she'd speak Japanese in the movie. I mean, Rinko Kikuchi *might* be able to pull it off, but I'd still prefer to see someone with a lot of range and charisma in the role.

ScarJo is too feminine for the role. Motoko is supposed to be a THIQQ, muscly, amazon warrior not some upper class hollywood whore with big tits

Thing is that movie Motoko was specifically designed different from how she is in the manga.

I would have liked to see that version too though.

Is scarjo going to offer a kid sex in the movie too?

>no antje traue

Goddamnit

Also she has a Japanese name and is in the Japanese army and works for Japanese law enforcent, she's Japanese.

Most anime artists draw all races more or less the same way, which is something you'd expect a site of weebs to understand. (see: Attack on Titan, FMA, Cowboy Bebop)

They could've just changed the names like in Edge of Tomorrow and nobody would complain.

>tfw they're probably gonna shoehorn in some love story bullshit and turn the Major into a hollywood style 'strong independent woman who don't need no man but falls in love anyway'
>they're gonna make her girly and quirky and quippy
She looks fine, but i'm more worried about them completely butchering her personality to make her more sellable and likeable to the american audience

>>they're gonna make her girly and quirky and quippy

So just like the manga?

What are they even adapting? As far as I heard they will use the Laughing Man storyline so first SAC season. Can't wait for them to butcher that entire arc

They have one job

Perfect Major right there

I don't know what that picture is supposed to tell me, but I also didn't have a clue who the guy in the lower half is supposed to be when I saw the trailer.

Like so many people I am not fond of the idea that Scarlett Johansson was cast. She seems to have been trying to get into the action movie business for a while now and has abandoned the more upbeat and quirky movies of the past for the bigger Hollywood titles. If she is not doing this movie for the role alone then I suspect that she is the PR gag that is eating up half the budget to at least give the studios some guarantee that people will watch it. Why else would she choose the major? She's a completely sterile character in the show that only gets to express itself through the extended dialogue on the net. The major of the anime would certainly not look afraid or emotional at all when checking out a corridor with a gun in her hand.

So I think they'll hopefully stay away as far as possible from the show and try something more in the vein of Mission Impossible. There you also had a series where the team was important and diverse while the movie only focused on Ethan Hunt. In Ghost In The Shell the only relatable human was Togusa. He was the guy through whom the viewer followed the series. According to IMDb only Batou is in the movie and so I'll expect less talk and more action. It worked financially for Mission Impossible.

>are any actual Japs annoyed about this or is it just SJW faggots being offended for them?

Not in Japan.

Japanese-American Actors are pissed because unless you are a kung fu super star, there is basically no roles you can get in the west in movies.

The manga is pretty shit tbqh, the movie was the first injection of quality into the franchise

If they are basing it off the 1995 GitS, Scarlet is too feminine. She is supposed to look completely generic like a mannequin.

jessicababyfat should have been Motoko

The Major looks white in the anime, because all anime characters look white. That isn't Hollywood's doing. Have you ever seen a Japanese woman with eyes that wide? Have you ever seen a Japanese woman STACKED LIKE THAT? No, of course, the answer to both questions would be no, absolutely not. So why not stacked roundeye ScarJo?

T-THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

> Most anime artists draw all races more or less the same way

Yes, so those characters can legimitately be cast with white people.

Don't like it? Tell the anime artists to draw more accurately.

So curvy and feminine. They really nailed it with Scarlett.

They should get Biel to be a stunt double for this scene. Only her kissback could do it justice.

The thing is, the Japanese inability to draw themselves accurately is what resulted in this. Unless you have major body dysphoria, this is not how a Japanese woman looks to you. Anyone complaining about this should ask themselves why they have no problem with the conventions of representation in anime and manga.

You know full well that that scene is unrepresentative.

The movie is going to be this mishmash of characters and story elements from the whole franchise.

But I just fapped

This scene would be possible to make if they had the budget for really good animtronics or absolute top notch CGI.

No, clearly the Major does not look remotely 'generic', she looks like a tall THICC woman with big tits. What kind of body image problems do you have to have to think that the main character of an anime with so many wankfodder shots of its topless protagonist is 'like a mannequin'?

What the fuck are you talking about? I meant the physique comment.

Militantly dressed Motoko always seems the best way to go. It immediately sets her up for that typical cyberpunk feeling where military hardware and the net fuse into one. I doubt they'll do much character exploring with her in fancy dresses. Keep the conspiracy simple and give us a lot of mechs to battle and we'll all be fine.

Rinko Kunichi. She's shown she can play a serious, depressed role in Babel.

ITT: weebs discuss which Japanese woman could play a tall, white drawing with wide eyes and big tits.

Never understood what use to a law enforcement robot those tig ol' bitties were meant to be.

Yes, so thicc. Just overflowing at the bust and hips.

Then the whole movie is unrepresentative of her body. She's skinny fat in every single scene except the last one while pulling off insane stunts completely naked or in a latex suit. SJ would have to be in wires for every action sequence to still have the body of the anime kusanagi.

You will fap to True Motoko this time

this shit looks cool and the transitions are aethestic as fuck.

I feel bad for Antje
Wonder Woman and GITS replaced by Jews, espescially this one cause it she is perfectly suited to play the major, no contacts or hair dye and has the talent to take in the role

I have no idea what you are doing this for. You are making bizarre comments from an alternative universe where CGI doesn't exist, in reply to a comment which has nothing to do with what you're saying.

> if they don't use special effects, this will be impossible!

I wonder what they'll do then.

Who gives a fuck what the comment was saying? I'm going off the weebm to talk about something far more interesting - whether or not they'll attempt to adapt the final fight of the movie.

>I mean, Rinko Kikuchi *might* be able to pull it off, but I'd still prefer to see someone with a lot of range and charisma in the role.

What for? The major really isn't that much of a card carrying character. We get that Batou still has some old human habbits and the sniper struggles with his past war experiences in several instances of Ghost In The Shell, but what about the major requires range? She's a bit of a sociopathic Sherlock Holmes. The only times she shows a personal interest is when she gets to lose herself to some virus/hacker/entity on the web. For those times she's all fired up.

Maybe they'll get the old company from George Lucas for some FX.

Maybe you could have answered that post directly rather than answer my reply, then.

>Rinko Kikuchi
Spoilers: Only the chinese gave a damn about Pacific Rim, and it wasn't because of her.

It's time to finally come to terms with the truth, bro.

What does that have to do with anything?

She is a no-name, nobody cares. If an studio made a list of actresses to consider for the part, at best she'd be on the bottom.

I mostly know her from The Brothers Bloom and didn't really like Pacific Rim, just FYI.

Who said otherwise?

THICQ
H
I
C
Q

Then why even mention her? It's like when capefags suggest wrestlers to play the comic characters, when in reality there is now way that's going to happen?

Look at her waist, that's no thicc

Because we have the freedom to discuss whatever we want.

Unless you worked on the film then you have no more information than anyone else so fuck off.

Not the other guy, but dude, this is a "Motoko should be Japanese" thread - what the fuck did you expect?

It's funny because she's literally the complete opposite of that one body type Miwa Shirow draws. On all of his female characters.

Shirow is physically unable to draw hips, his condition is a mystery to science.

>Miwa Shirow

Bro, that's not the GitS Shirow.

Yeah sorry wrong Shirow. I had the other one in head for some reason. My point still stands though.

People should stop giving the manga/mangaka so much credence. The guy is literally a BLACKED poster.

Ha ha ha! You mad, white boy?

I think it's a pretty common fashion from the 80s. Many anime and manga had narrow boyish hips on women along with, sometimes comically, long limbs; male characters with insanely broad shoulders etc. There was a lot of that in the 90s, too. Regardless, I've always liked shirow's style of drawing women. Maybe nostalgia.

This is true. He is well known for having a black guy/white girl fetish, or at least dark skin/light skin. Also, anthropomorphized animals.

From the 30 something seconds they showed I'm quite pleased with the aesthetics.
That is all.

OP here.

Anything with Kitano shooting a gun is worth watching.

Shirow did literally nothing wrong.

>Also, anthropomorphized animals.
Probably also should be noted that the anthro animals are basically just black guys with animal heads. That's how he envisions his fetishized black men: as inhuman livestock.

I'm the one who brought her up and I specifically said that there's no suitable Japanese actress available, that Kikuchi only *might* be able to pull it off, and that I *still* prefer someone else.

What else is all this black stuff about other than they are liking them to beasts?

>mexican film industry makes a film for their mexican audience
>decide to do cinderella
>hire mexican actors to play cinderella/evil sisters and mother/principe encantador
>main audience enjoys it since they can relate to the characters
>people are fine with this

>western film industry makes a film for the western audience
>decide to do aladdin
>hire wester actors to play jaffar/aladdin/jasmine/the gilbert gottfried parrot
>main audience enjoys it since they can relate to the characters
>some emotionally stunted people are upset like it's casus belli against everyone who enjoyed it
I will never understand

that chick who played that asian chick in kill bill 1 could

>perfect Wonder Woman
>perfect movie Motoko

Oh well

You're either talking about Lucy Liu or Chiaki Kuriyama, both of which you should know by name, and who are worse choices than Johansson for various reasons.

Starting with the fact that Lucy Liu is almost 50, and the jap is ugly as shit.

>I will never understand
((()))

I dont give a fuck about the casting im just pissed that its going to be a shitty action movie

I've always imagined live-action GitS as a combination of 80% Blade Runner and 20% The Matrix.

>anime/manga is made so it can get hollywood adaptations

?

No, in this case 'so' means 'therefore'.

GitS is Blade Runner with cartoon tits.

Because they won't invest much money in it. They will probably make the mech battles some CGI stuff as it is in all the superhero movies nowadays. It's not like they are going to build a big set where they set some big model in. We just don't have any James Camerons and certainly no Stan Winstons. Cameron himself doesn't even have the nerve anymore to work with sets.

What the fuck is this shit?