/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: what film directors have also worked in radio? any suggestions of things to listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/white_water/
letterboxd.com/vanchirak/
letterboxd.com/cinebro/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-top-1000-film/
letterboxd.com/films/popular/
letterboxd.com/films/decade/2010s/
letterboxd.com/ggeecckkoo/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/Mastro666/
letterboxd.com/smoothhands/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sage

had the previous favorites on for too long, time to change. still not letting go of Harakiri tho.

letterboxd.com/white_water/

today's watchlist: probably taking a break from my horror list and watching some 2016 stuff I've missed. Jungle Book any good?

is silentdawn our guy?

white_water = embryo

I had no problem with him but after he gave those glowing reviews to Resident Evil I can never take his reviews seriously again

letterboxd.com/vanchirak/

I saw today the Brangelina break up: the movie

The story is pretty basic hollywood stuff, nothing you haven't seen before. But the animation is pretty amazing and its worth watching it for that alone

does it still look good in 2d watched at home? I'm a bit worried it'll be one of those movies that you should've seen in the theaters in 3d.

oh and completely off topic but speaking of 3d, when I watched The Shallows one of the first things that popped into my head was how amazing that movie would be in 3d.

Couldn't say really, I watched it in 2d on a projector at home and it looked great so I wouldn't really know what how it'd look on a tv. Still worth a watch anyway

Rostova here

Anyone fancy coming to Iceland with me in November? We can sesh and somehow attempt to pull birds

Could I do some funny business with your boipussy? :)

vulva, are you back on the scene? come to discord

Orson wells lmao

nice trips

Kill yourself, retarded embryo

that's not a very nice thing to say

plz follow me

Regarding CG state, this message was posted 12 days ago:
Just a short update. We have a new server and are installing/restoring stuff. We're having some problems getting everything to work, but nothing we can't solve.

Hallelujah!

Newbie here, posted yesterday but the thread got deleted quickly. Still not completely sure what films i should have in my favorites, it changes very often for me.

Been watching a lot of 60's Japanese films lately, anyone got good recs of some more "forgotten" ones?

My top ten of the year

Then I suggest you watch more films as there are maybe 2 good films in that list.

this guy rated your #2 3 stars, what you gonna do?

The worst thing is that this list perfectly encapsulates 90% of Cred Forums

>said while shilling for RLM

Posting a reaction pic is "shilling" now?

>said while shilling for Cred Forums

>>it's a "redditors get triggered by Cred Forums culture and cry Cred Forums" episode
w e w
e
w

i'll clue you in lad

Cred Forums zeitgeist comes from

and similar - only 10% of Cred Forums has merit
the other 90% exists to argue with

this is why the zeitgeist of Cred Forums are vanguard boards like Cred Forums, Cred Forums, Cred Forums, Cred Forums, which encompass 4chanian philosophy and the modern Cred Forums zeitgeist

wewwest of the wew'd lads for crying redditors

so Swiss Army Man was a straight up masterpiece, so far the only 5/5 of the year for me. Went straight to my #1 of the year. Made me so happy and sad. So beautiful.

white_water = embryo

>so Swiss Army Man was a straight up masterpiece...5/5
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what does it feel like having bad taste

Reminder that all faggots- like this one- will burn in hell for eternity

>hell

i just made an account and what the fuck i have to find every individual film ive watched and add it to my watched list? Are you fucking kidding me? Ive seen hundreds of movies up to this point am i supposed to individually add every single one? Thats gonna take ages, is there any way to just flag or checkmark movies from a big list or grid or something?

Respect his opinion

>Ive seen hundreds of movies up to this point
Oh, wow, mate, you're fucked. All them hundreds?
L M A O
M
A
O

if you pay you can import data from imdb, else you have to do it manually. It's rather quick and you can browse lists like tpsd ( letterboxd.com/cinebro/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-top-1000-film/ ) or the most populars films on lbg ( letterboxd.com/films/popular/ ) and check it from there

Oh, sorry, didn't know we were dealing with a homosexual.

>what the fuck i have to find every individual film ive watched and add it to my watched list?
WHAT THE FUCK REALLY!?

YOU HAVE TO DO THAT!?

WHAT THE FUCK!

I KNOW RIGHT?

WHAT THE FUCK

I MEAN, WHAT THE FUCK???

LIKE, THE FUCK!?!!?!

lmao Zootopia in the list "Movies Where White People Solve Racism"

hurr durr its not a fucking brag you retard, i never said they were all patrician 10/10 films

epic you fucking cunts

thanks for the actual productive response

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
But I ask again: all them hundreds? lmao

what you do is, you find somebody with similiar movie intrest and just just browse through theirs and add along the way via the quickmenu when hovering over the movie

yeah its not impressive at all, why are you obsessing over it? If i said i watched over 2000 would you be amazed or something? Stop being autistic.

thanks i'll try that as well

>
lmao

The worst part is that it's exactly this kind of embryo who fills this poor general :(

>this actual level of autism

fucking hell m8

The best way is to go through by decade, sorted by popularity, and set a filter to hide watched

letterboxd.com/films/decade/2010s/

If you hover over the poster and click the green eye that will mark it as watched. You can go through everything on the page then refresh. Sorry for all the meme answers

Sure, embryo, whatever you say

what the fuck do you mean with "embryo"?

notice how you are the only one being a complete autist right now

yeah that and
seem like the best ways to go

what kind of lists do you guys set up if any?

Sure, sure

In reply to my OP, I found out yesterday that Peter Strickland made two radio plays recently, one called the Len Continuum with Toby Jones and one a remake of the stone tapes.

Len Continuum was pretty interesting, and kind of like a film for your ears, good for a train. Wondering if any others other than the obvious Welles stuff

Does anybody know of any good Letterboxd alternatives? I don't really care about following people or having others follow me and the community at large is probably one of the worst I've ever come across. The only thing I really like is being able to look at the wall of posters of films I've watched.

>pic unrelated

Why don't you just use Letterboxd but not follow anyone

and block anyone that follows you if that bothers you too much

What 2016 releases are you most excited for?

For the longest time it was The Handmaiden but already saw that. Now it's Elle and The Silence.

>Ive seen hundreds of movies
>its not a fucking brag
We needed someone like you.
Entertain us more senpai.

?

>Ive seen hundreds of movies

Greasy Strangler

MOTY it's honestly very great

idk how it would work not in a cinema setting though

>when the children of Cred Forums get lost and come to /lbg/
Never not a laugh

letterboxd.com/ggeecckkoo/

been trying to watch lolita and the house at the end of time but work has started getting in the way and i just can't watch a single movie without falling asleep

im honestly confused, so if someone came in and said they watched like 3000-4000 movies you would all worship them as some kind of patrician film expert or something? Thats literally what you are implying by assuming an arbitrary number of films watched is some kind of status indicator or something.

you don't have to, just log the ones you've seen since making the profile, the ones who have 1k+ are just faggots who like to wave their dick around

>you don't have to
BUT I WANT PEOPLE TO SEE THAT I WATCHED HUNDREDS OF MOVIES!
jesus, you can't understand shit

fuck this general

then here just check those who you've seen, i myself spent 3 weeks going through them
letterboxd.com/films/popular/

this obsession with quantity of movies watched is actually kind of fucked up, i regret asking about it after seeing the autism attacks it triggers, using the methods some of you mentioned its actually going much faster than i expected

>WAAAAAAAAH
We'll miss you, honeybee!!

>hundreds
lmao

>this obsession with quantity of movies watched is actually kind of fucked up
>assuming an arbitrary number of films watched is some kind of status indicator or something
>fuck this general
Holy Moly, what a bold embryo

i have a confessiona to make i lied, i have actually watched over 5000 films, now worship me as your god because of the arbitrary number of films ive watched

>actually thinking
is me

really? He was clearly being flippant you twats

Classic

>it w-wasn't me i swear!
pathetic

>he hasnt watched over 5000 films

top kek might as well kys

Everyone posting in this thread should just stop this non sense and instead discuss radio plays and/or Italian b-movies in my opinion

That's cute and all, Ronald, but /lbg/ ain't cute- by nature

What like Edwige Fenech sex comedies?

>letterboxd

83 posts in

You're slipping.

The intention is more important tb.h

what is your favourite film from the 70s

Can you folks recommend any good Iceland films?

Please don't call me Ronald

Sure, what have you seen? I actually haven't seen many of the Italian sexy comedies, I get the impression they probably aren't that funny or sexy. I want to watch the Fulci-directed Fenech one (la pretora) but haven't gotten around to it yet. I also have pic related poster but couldn't he bothered to watch since only VHSrip

Wait is your name Ronald?

No, that's why I don't want to be called that

what's your name then?

essential Fenech kinos? did she ever do any softcore

I don't want to say you might DDOS me

>being this insecure

I haven't seen many with her in. Top Sensation (aka The Seducers) is pretty fantastic, would recommend, her and Rosalba Neri, two of the literal hottest qts of all time, being all nude on a boat

She is meant to get pretty naked in La Pretora, pic related. Might watch tonight, though my laptop is taking ages to update

you've seen the Sergio Martino giallos right?

Only Your Vice..., trying to hold out for a HD release of the others

All The Colors of the Dark is amazing, one of my favs

lel

>inflating total numbers with pleb shit
do people actually do this?

t. embryo

>I log short "movies"

>i watch generic pleb shit
>i go on my computer, log in to my online movie diary, and make a log, rating and review of the generic pleb shit i watched
no but really though, seriously?

>I don't log short films

>i don't go on my computer, log in to my online movie diary, and make a log, rating and review of the generic pleb shit i watched

I'm sorry for your limited mind

basically the same post

finally people agree that logging shorts is autistic

>I write reviews in lbgt-boxd

>"basically the same post"
>they literally are polar opposites
/lbg/'s interpretative power always on display

>logs short films
>cringe fedora kid, girls laugh at him

>doesn't log short films
>cool nice dog, nobody laugh at him

both agree that logging is autistic

letterboxd.com/machill54/

annoying laptop upgrade that took an hour means I won't get a chance to watch anything tonight, I am sad at this

sorry ronny

thank you for your support during this difficult and emotional time

I didn't have time either so i'm watching family guy

OBJECTIVELY GREAT FILMS OF THE 2010's
>The Master
>Knight of Cups
>Whiplash
>Upstream Color
>The Lobster
>Amour
>The Social Network

Also The Greasy Strangler

English directors do not interest me

Mate...

neon demon

I give up.

>tfw you can't console and comfort Ronald by massaging his autistic boipussy
:^(

How can a boipussy be autistic

Yes, send me an invite though

real vulva here im back pack tracking back stack pack in the tack, back pack tracking back pack knack in the sack, we out here ni****!!!! HOT DOG!!!! - invite me to discord, yo uknow were to reach the labia..

what's the point of doing this?

>Upstream Color

##74619878
>

watch more movies

recommend me a light good movie to watch with my mom

I myself don't agree that all the 7 are 'great' films, but the worst there is a 7.5/10.

Le Souffle Au Coeur (Malle, 1971)

Faster Pussycat Kill Kill

GFOS

Who's leaking from this shithole and making these threads ?

what's that

that ones hot dog!!!
not a good meme

>you will never fuck your hot french mom

why even live?

That film fucking killed me man.

stepmom... i like this one, the title... stepmom... one step at a time, thats the way moms do it, thats the way my mom does it... "step"mom, i rush it all in one piece but then she goes "no no, you have to do it careufll", step by step oh baby,m on step a tt me
to be fair his mom didnt really feel like a mom, she was too slutty and kind of detached to the burgeiogisoguis family because of her background, was more like a 10 year older sister you see once every two years

that feel when i do recognize her

letterboxd.com/Mastro666/

The crying game

letterboxd.com/smoothhands/

t. embryo

Are there actually good rips of Histoire now? Last time I checked - which admittedly was several years ago now - they were fairly poor. I might give it another go.

theyre fine, there still arent quality subs though

Ah, perhaps that was the reason I never got through it when I tried the last time. I no longer remember.

sorry pham I'm getting old

Dumb ghettoposter

>he logs movies he watched under 1080p

who is /lbg/s girl?

Yes. Eat shit now

Amy is absolutely sexier than the 5.5/10 you posted

>5.5/10
more like 4.86/10

>logs "movies" that last less than 2 hours

Fuck off. Yell at those who log 2 minute "movies" instead.

bumping this thread
with no survivors