youtube.com/watch?v=_5joTyy3CCo
youtube.com/watch?v=ASEL-TwukKg
youtube.com/watch?v=GdncFnL3_30
youtube.com/watch?v=Dkx_PWjzbTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Cyberpun-kinoto

FUCKING BRAVO

is that mother fucking takeshi kitano?

At least the cinematography and sets are good. Add a good score and it's automatically watchable.

A S P E C T
R
A
T
I
O

>create a thread
>realize there is a typo
>never comeback to the thread ever again

this

OP fucked up

but yeah, it's K1N0

I am new to making cinegrids families

is it ok to look forward to this? the world is in desperate need of cyberpunk media. a man can only watch bladerunner so many times

trailer when

>looking forward to weebshit
>a man
One or the other buddy

look forward to blade runner 2: cyberpunk boogaloo instead.

Akira movie when?

lol you roasted hard pham (family) if i do say so myself

i am

didn't leonardo dicaprio want to do this way back?

nice aspect ratio

Can we get a cyberpunk list going?

Minority Report
Strange Days
The Fifth Element
Blade Runner
Hackers

THX1138
Derek Jarman's 'Jubilee'
Burst City
Death Powder
Brazil
Tetsuo the Iron Man
Kerberos Trilogy (The Red Spectacles, Stray Dog: Kerberos Panzer Cops, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade)
Videodrome
Scanners
964 Pinocchio
Rubber's Lover
Electric Dragon 80,000 v.
Hardware

There, now you have plenty to do, and by the time you're done you might even know what real cyberpunk looks like.

Looks like I went and did it for you. Yours sucks by the way.

yours is way worse, i don't even think you know what cyberpunk is lol

seen all of them and more except death powder - so thanks

not OP but i fixd it just for you guys

Cyberpunk is 'punk' in its execution. That's the main thing. 'Science-fiction,' or the 'cyber' part has always been extremely loose, but 'punk' is what sets them apart. It's not enough to have your protagonist say 'FUCK THE MAN' at some point, the director has to be the one saying 'FUCK THE MAN' through his storytelling.

No movie told using just conventional techniques can be truly punk.

when will the kino meme end?

OP where did you get that from? The window shot seems ripped straight from the 1995 version which I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

They could be paying attention to the underlying themes and doing an accurate rendition or they could just be superficially copying.

>meme

it looked like a SyFy Channel show shot in Canada
It looked cheap and rushed

this doesn't disprove my point

The kino meme was a good idea and I still believe in it. The trouble is that people all but forgot 'flick, movie, film, cinema, absolut kinographie' for the sake of 'kino.' The point was to shit on movies and bring elitism to Cred Forums and I still think it can do that.

they're good if you like Dark Matter and Stargate

your point is a meme

youtu.be/cxRwc8Lp7XU

how about you judge the actual movie rather than judging a bunch of 10 sec snippets

What are you talking about? Cyberpun-kinoto sounds hilarious and japanese at the same time.

>no mention of Johnny Mnemonic

Do you even watch movies?

literally Neon Demon

Johnny Mnemonic is kind of shit though. Keanu and the rest of the cast are solid and there's some really cool looking shit going on, but it's such a butchered mess that it's hard to really get into it.

Is Johnny Mnemonic the movie with the laser-whips? Because I remember seeing those in a movie and thinking they were an awesome idea.

yeah they were in that one, they were monofilament. sci-fi authors love monofilament.

Ranked by my personal preference from good to bad, good at the top and bad at the end.

Virtuosity (1995)
Death Machine (1994)
Split Second (1992)
Nemesis (1991)
Avalon (2001)

>Split Second (1992)
that was terrible though

but it was cyberpunk

even that is debatable.

Three Days of the Condor

I just named a handful to get the list started, you smug bitch.

I'm not gonna debate you, Jerry. I'm not gonna sit here and debate.

Anime = "entertainment" sensibility = autism.
This is predominantly an art board (the "entertainment" shit that is constantly being discussed here is a result of crossposters from pleb boards like Cred Forums and Cred Forums)
True cinema = art which is the opposite to autism and in turn the opposite to anime.
The sensibilities resulting in anime appreciation are diametrically opposed to the appreciation of cinema as "art". anime/autism/"entertainment" are the reason for capeshit.

we need bigger debates. BIG FUCKING DEBATES.

This isn't an anime thread. I'm becoming more and more convinced with time that these posts are made by a robot or somebody with autism.

>makoto trembling while holding a pistol

isn't this bitch supposed to be a full body cyborg?

youtube.com/watch?v=ftbJQBQyy90

>makoto

meant motoko obviously.

Not much cyber but a lot of punk and that fits the feeling people are looking for with those movies.

No, you didn't.

my thoughts precisely

>a full body cyborg?
Is she? Or is she an android with false implanted memories?

fun fact: the producer of that movie had to quit the business after it bombed and now works for a film studies course at a liberal arts college

It depends on the medium or interpretation you want to enjoy. I haven't read much of the manga but in the latest anime reboot they seem to manifest her as some sort of experiment rather than a sick child that had to be transferred.

She's a cyborg who struggles with her own humanity, that's the entire reason 2501 wants to merge with her

hey man, come on. at least he has a job; y'know?

In Arise, she was cyberised at the point of fertilisation and never actually inhaitated a physical body. But she is human and can be assumed she still has an organic brain. No background was given in the manga

>The Dante Quartet
100% meme. Pretentious shit. I just wasted 6 minutes of my life.

youtube.com/watch?v=JVbvWEYgsRE

DOMINION:TANK POLICE
actually everything by Masamune Shirow
patlabor (why isnt this more popular, is it because its actually good?)

AD POLICE/Bubblegum Crisis
LAIN
I loved that movie and it's orange VHS tape as a teenager.
>Split Second
mah nigga. the nerds mental breakdown was beautiful. WE NEED GUNS!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF BIG FUCKING GUNS!!!

max landis ripped it off, added a black guy, and renamed it Chronicle.

I have forgotten almost all of the arks in Arise by now because there is so much time between the movies. Wasn't this stuff with the fertilization revealed in the latest movie where she kills the blonde military broad from section five (?) and than the viewer is told about this program. I am not sure she knew about it herself. At least she never told the audience in any monologue

Cyber City Oedo 808

Pretty rat stuff and only three episodes. I usually don't like those typically extroverted anime characters but this stuff kept it decent enough and didn't go full Advent Children.

according to the anime series she has no brain, only her personality stored as digital data, apparently "she" has used a few prosthetic bodies already, and I quote "she" because in one episode it is implied both by her and Batou that when they originally met "she" was a male, or using a male prosthetic body

i almost bought that on laserdisc last month.

>no mention of Total Recall 2070
Blade Runner tv series. shit is noir as fuck

What series are you talking about?

If you are discussing SAC, then she always had a body with her brain case but was able to remotely control other bodies. In the 1st season finale, Batou goes nuts when he thinks she died because her head was blown open when it was really just a puppet.

It's not well explained but those who discard their physical bodies completely and upload their "ghost" to the net are in danger of losing their individuality and merging with a larger counsciousness, this was what happened to Kuze supposidly

I can't remember exactly, Arise is shit but I remember there is a shot maybe in the first movie of an embryo

BLADERUNNERFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Isn't that what the title of the series is all about? The ghost in the shell being something more than just the code pushing the right buttons. She always wonders if in this process of transfer she has some form of soul.

Religion is seriously overlooked in the franchise. I guess the Japanese don't have the same mentality about body and soul like Christians do.

Originally Shirow used it to reference Koestler's Ghost in the Machine, which supports Mind-Body dualism positing that the mind cannot exist independent of the body. It's not greatly expanded upon in the manga but as Motoko merges with 2501 and disappears into the net she merges with more entities becoming a different individual (Motoko Aramaki). In SAC they do toy with the idea that the Tachikoma's naturally evole ghosts, and Motoko herself also develops split ghosts that inhabit different bodies. It's very much different to the original concept

this is now a synthwave thread

youtube.com/watch?v=o1LvSaxgSIQ

youtube.com/watch?v=VYTb1JknzhM

delete this I thought it was intentional

youtube.com/watch?v=psvkEwBr-fU

goddamn normies tho, they are the absolute worst

youtube.com/watch?v=7uAPEn5xJ-s

youtube.com/watch?v=ZE_QnRYES9o

didn't jontron do a video about his game?

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=esyMNrhijY8

Why does she look so robotic in her scenes?
youtube.com/watch?v=OwJlqCD_6Y0

youtube.com/watch?v=d8yJgNZsCDQ

youtube.com/watch?v=7y3pspnwyoM

takeshi kitano has been trying to kill his career for years but movie critics are too stupid to understand it.
He literally made a movie announcing he was going to kill his career and nobody noticed

youtube.com/watch?v=41RDDCaZweU

>sets are good

youtube.com/watch?v=JOsSsm-LOYw

Looks like Aeon Flux movie from 2005 hahahahaaa.
Only weebs care about Gits. The general public have no idea. So it will bomb.

Where are the Fuchikomas? Where is the optical camo? Where is the gritty cyber punk?
Looks mediocre as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=C0I6muYX-R0

MY SIDES!

looks great

youtube.com/watch?v=JvdT4wFh0tQ

youtube.com/watch?v=_5joTyy3CCo

youtube.com/watch?v=ASEL-TwukKg

i still dont like that they cast scarlett, but i have to admit, this teaser was pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=GdncFnL3_30

whose body is this

youtube.com/watch?v=Dkx_PWjzbTM

me on the left

WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF THIS SHITTY MOVIE.
THERE'S ALREADY 3 FUCKING MOVIE ADAPTATIONS OF THIS MANGA AND THEY ARE FUCKING GODLY.
WHY WOULD THEY EVEN BOTHER PUTTING A FAT WHORE TO PLAY THE ROLE OF A RIPPED AS FUCK ROBO-WOMAN.
FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, PLEASE DON'T GO TO WATCH THIS AWFUL, CASH-GRABBING TRASH.

but kino is already a japanese word (a false cognate though)

The cinematography in the teasers is leagues above what I expected.

I still think it's a waste to adapt something that has been adapted so many times, but still, as long as it remains true to the source and feels like an homage instead of a cash grab, it could be at least decent.

I also like all of the castings aside from the Major (Batou looks great), but you needed a A-lister to sell this movie, and Scarlet gets the job done.