Now that the dust has settled, will you apologize?

Now that the dust has settled, will you apologize?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Boe3Hf4uIL8
youtu.be/8VdcMWWh3s0
youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
youtube.com/watch?v=A7RNSecaI_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only women and presbyterians apologize.

I won't since this fat slob sold it to fucking DISNEY

Worse offense than making the prequel trilogy

write some more poetry then perhaps

Nope, George Lucas is a hack and a hypocrite with very little creative talent who memed his way into complete control of Star Wars because he took credit for what other people created, and then ran the franchise into the ground, showing nothing but disdain for the people who made him rich.

TFA is a great movie unless you're a contrarian faggot who thinks being obtuse and not understanding a Star Wars movie makes you some kind of enlightened genius. I'm excited to see where Disney takes the franchise from here, hopefully they can keep to the same level of quality as TFA.

Should have CGI chin small dumb man star wars not even my kind fo movies

dumb little chinless wonder! Fucking computer face man!

>TFA is a great movie

he can survive a car wreck

>I pretend to love the prequels and hate TFA so I can pretend I'm some kind of enlightened kinographer

No. Never.

You thought TFA was good? I Found it to be mindless nostalgia pandering that shamelessly retread old ground and went nowhere new. The characters were all incredibly weak and were only saved by cameos. There were shockingly few great visuals, either weird alien species or planetary landscapes or anything really.

Honestly the only decent original character was Finn. Nobody ever explored a storm trooper's life before, and sadly they didn't go into much detail and even left the glaring plothole that he is black yet also a clone and not conscripted.

I didnt say anything about the prequels though

>left the glaring plothole that he is black yet also a clone and not conscripted.

What the fuck? You're either a prequelbabby or you didn't pay any attention.

prequels have worth at least, as divisive movies that can be analyzed. Try analyzing TFA. There is no substance, literally a movie designed by committee

>prequels were eventually universally considered terrible.
>contrarian faggots now claim they loved them the whole time.

Well, I guess George tried to be original in the prequels so there's that.
JJ managed to make ANH but conveniently left out the threatening villain. Also, another Death Star? I mean shit, if your enemies whom you should have scattered across the universe managed to build an even bigger Death Star than before without you noticing you should really reconsider being the government.

Fuck off you triple nigger.

The prequels are a bunch of rehashing of OT concepts in superficial ways because HEY REMEMBER THAT HAHA. Why was Darth Vader space jesus? Because he's important to the fans and the marketing, so he HAS to be the literal center of the star wars universe. Why was the entire clone wars made up of Boba Fett clones? Because he sold toys. The movies lack a core central thesis, really the prequels lack any kind of theme or greater meaning.

The Force Awakens borrows a lot of its plot structure from ANH, but it's done for a thematic point. It's a movie about how the new generation constantly lives in the shadow of their parents and how the expectation to live up to their legacy affects them, and in order to inherit the true spirit of the Force you must find true greatness in yourself.

Honesty, I did. Not love, I preferred watching the OT over the PT most of the time but I never parroted opinions about the PT.

Apologize right now Cred Forums

youtu.be/Boe3Hf4uIL8
youtu.be/8VdcMWWh3s0

Best thing he could have done at the time.
Who else would make a good custodian of the franchise?
Fox?
Sony?

>literally shilling TFA
millenials and muh new generation is a fucking retarded argument to do when all TFA did was show us han solo, the falcon, luke and c3po. Remember that fucking useless R2d2 reveal shot?
All you do is repeat what the redlettermedia boys have said verbatim, and it's stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=A7RNSecaI_4

How's that?

>storm troopers are either clones of mango fett or they are conscripted
>black storm trooper man says the only name they ever have him was basically a serial number therefore he's almost certainly a clone

>doesn't look like the fett because w/e just turn your brain off

Apologize? APOLOGIZE?

George, you are shit. You have almost always been shit. You made three good films - THX-1138, American Graffiti and Star Wars - and then you ran out of ideas. Entirely the fuck out. Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand had to step in because you wanted to fucking sell toys to kids, and then 15 years after Mr. Marquand does his thing, you make utter, puerile shit with wooden acting and special effects that don't hold up today.

Apologize? I won't fucking apologize. You know what I remember of your "legacy"? My parents took me to see Return of the Jedi when I was 8. You know what I remember, George? These fuzzy cunts called "Ewoks". That's it. Fucking EWOKS. That's your entire fucking legacy to me, you no-chinned cunt.

Apologize? Fuck you. You didn't have the STONES to continue with your dream of being a filmmaker. You had to settle for being a BUSINESSMAN.

Apologize? Son, you have no fucking idea how much I'd like for YOU to apologize to ME.

>Han Solo

hugely integral to Kylo Ren's character arc, he has a reason to be in the movie unlike even RotJ where Ford was just there for a paycheck, phoned in his performance, and his role in the climax was to stand at a door.

>The Falcon

yeah god forbid the iconic ship of the franchise returns, especially since Han Solo did

>Luke

Not even in the movie until the final scene you fucking retard

>C3po

Hardly in the movie, and it still is less egregious than DUDE ANAKIN BUILT C3PO AND HUNG OUT WITH OBI-WAN AND KNEW LUKE'S FAMILY 30 YEARS BEFORE UNCLE OWEN BOUGHT HIM AGAIN HAHAHAHAHA.

>It's a movie about how the new generation constantly lives in the shadow of their parents
I guess this is a meta-commentary, along with Rey telling Kylo that he will never be as great as Darh Vader, no matter how hard he tries, reflecting how this series will never be as good as the original no matter how hard it tries. Unfortunately, this commentary is accurate, and regardless of the ways it attempts to imitate the OT fails and it merely apes it, there's no denying that the plot is sickeningly rehashed, and no theme can excuse this. Whatever it attempted to accomplish through aping Episode IV's plot, it doesn't make experiencing the plot itself more enjoyable.

Except the stormtroopers were NEVER EVER clones, anyone with a cursory knowledge of the original trilogy would know that, and there are repeated scenes in TFA where they hammer it in that the new storm troopers aren't clones and they're kidnapped children who are indoctrinated into the First Order.

It sounds like YOU were the one who turned your brain off you fucking retard. Try looking up from your phone next time you watch a movie.

Fucking THIS

APOLOGIZEEEEE

Except you're not getting that the plot is literally about how everyone being chained to the events of the original trilogy is ruining the galaxy and Rey finally learns to let go of the past to move forward

if Episode VIII is just another rehash, you'll have a point, but TFA is explicitly about honoring what came before and then moving on

>TFA is a great movie

The first storm troopers were indeed clone troopers used in the original clone wars, and storm trooper ranks were partially made up of clones literally throughout the entirety of palpatine's reign as emperor.

>I would like to see a stand alone film about Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi featuring this guy as a major character.

Seriously, dude needs to be made official canon.

Forgot pic

i guess you're an avid avengers fan too? you sure seem to slurp up any tripe these disney execs put in your bowl.

>Except you're not getting that the plot is literally about how everyone being chained to the events of the original trilogy is ruining the galaxy
Hmm, I don't see how the creation of the New Order relates to the events of the OT. We have no idea what caused Rey to be in her current state, or why Luke has isolated himself. The only person chained would be Kylo and specifically to Vader, or his legacy.

>TFA is explicitly about honoring what came before and then moving on
Okay, but the film did not do this in an original way. If the film was as original as Star Wars was to the source material it came from, you would have a point, but it's just so derivative. There's very little clever about what TFA did. There's also nothing unique about a sequel just reproducing the plot from a previous movie. Does this apply to Home Alone 2 or The Hangover 2? If not, is that because there's no thematic reason for this?

>if Episode VIII is just another rehash,
So I have to wait until a sequel to know whether this movie was good or not?

I watched the movie. I didn't like it. Actually, you could say I hated it, even though I'm not sure if it was bad, but I can't see the derivative plot as being anything else but a flaw. Star Wars doesn't imitate Flash Gordon or similar films to the degree TFA imitates ANH, and it's less excusable because something was being imitated that the audience was expected to know. By this logic, any reboot is given license to use the same plots from a previous movie because every reboot could be thought of as passing the torch, which becomes less excusable as people are more and more familiar with the movie that's being imitated.

main jedi guy in Rebels is some weird combination of katarn and kotah

>I can't enjoy a story if it doesn't make me, personally, feel clever and smarter than the 'common' people. If I have seen something done once before I can't help but worry if I'm just a normal person and not a precious and rare auteur. Because I spend so much time idly consuming media I must insist that I do this as a practiced genius, in order to retain my self-worth from my unused education.

It's actually about showing how all the OT characters were horrific fuckups and its time for THE NEW GENERATION (MILLENIALS) to take he stage.
Except we don't see shit from these characters, because all the focus is on the OT characters and callbacks. The only good characters (finn and kylo) have potential, but the whole movie has a lack of focus and a terrible last act.
None of it actually means anything, we just get taken from vista to vista, with a director that doesn't understand what any of the images he's throwing at us actually mean.

WB could have done some cool shit with the franchise.

If anything Ep. 7 would have been a lot less generic.

user, is that really fair? I meant that there could have been a creative way to honor Episode IV's plot so it doesn't seem like a rehash of the original, (like so many sequels), but it doesn't do this.

Novelty is important and I don't think this movie had enough of it.

Havent seen Rebels yet.

Waiting for it to come to Netflix.

>i like garbage made for the lowest common denominator

>muh greater meaning
lmao