What is the best Star Wars Movie?

What is the best Star Wars Movie?

Obviously it's Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. Don't bother me with your stupid questions.

Empire, the original, and TFA are the objective best three films, it comes down to personal preference, really

Return of the Jedi is fine but really feels like a prototype phantom menace as you can see Lucas' bad habits start to form, this is where he got drunk with power and bullied Marquand and Kasdan into making the movie he thought would sell the most toys

the prequels are all dogshit so who cares

>TFA

Opinion discarded

>jews
>feminism
>disney
>ess jay double yous
>LITERALLY THE SAME MOVIE AS ANH REEEEEEEE

there we go, saved you the trouble, now fuck off

woah

Every scene in RotJ that features Darth Vader or The Emperor is the best in the series, but there's a whole bunch of rubbishy filler to do with Ewoks and Jabba.

Anyone who asks the question is just frustrated that empire is number one GOAT star war, others can't even compare.

TESB is objectively the best

ESB is more inferior to the previous one

>Vader is now saturday morning villain tier that kills only his own troops
>Another Obi-Wan but this time as a puppet
>Obi-Wan is visible now, they got rid out of mystery of hearing force voices
>Le epic JJ Abrahams tier twist
>Cuckold themed plot first with Luke and then with Lando

RotS

>Every scene in RotJ that features Darth Vader or The Emperor is the best in the series

This about covers it.

Empire is stronger on the whole, but the confrontation scenes in Return were tip top.

>Tryingthishard

Thread asks best movie not scenes, as a fellow esb niggerfaggot I would expect you to read.

the phantom menace and return of the jedi

Episode 7 had the best combat of any star wars episode, you can't deny this

Oh yes I can.
There was nothing TFA did that wasn't done better in another SW movie.

4 > 1 > 5 > 6 = 3 > 2 > 7

stormtroopers weren't useless in ep7 and actually a threat

Why do prequel fans swarm these threads to make bait posts like this? Are they jealous that a mediocre film like tfa is regarded as a better film than thier favorate film RotS?

Enjoy a real Star Wars faggots.

V > IV > VI > III > I > VI > II

If you dont have them in this order, you might clinically retarded

This. ESB definitely feels more commercialized than the original.

you got lost in the bait maze user but I genuinely regard all the combat as the best in episode 7. Prequel combat is like fucking ballet.

>what is Order 66

next

Lol? No they werent, they werre just comic relief, but isntead of missing their shots they do funny actions.

>TRAITOR XDDDD
>*does a 360 and walks away from angry Kylo*
>"I WILL open those restrainers"

If you're gonna call people retarded in your post, at least double check it for any mistakes

those are clone troopers pleb, also it could have been done a lot more epic

implying the 360 & traiter wasn't awesome

don't even know what the fuck you mean with the third one

>also it could have been done a lot more epic
>too young to have seen ROTS in theaters

get out

III > I = V > IV > VI > VII = II

ep 5 is the perfect mix of kinosphere and flickwave

>close the blast doors
>open the blast doors
>move along
>detention scene conversation
>bangs head
Not him but I'm sorry I miss your point entirely. Are you autismo or have you never seen storm troopers?

They werent, traitor was incredibly pointless because who carries riot gear into an actual skrimish and 360 was so fucking awful, easily the worst, hamfisted moment in the movie.
>how do we humanize the storm troopers so confused audience members dont think they're clones?
>uh.....make them memes?
>brilliant. do it.

Third one is when Rey suddenly has force powers, actually right before the scene where Kylo smashes the interogation room

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi

POWER GAP

The Force Awakens

POWER GAP

Revenge of the Sith

POWER GAP

The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

The prequelfags will give me shit for this but TFA is nowhere near as bad as the prequels. Is it unoriginal? Yeah. Is it a bit bland? Yeah. Is it as messy as the originals? Fuck no. It's a fairly typical blockbuster but it's a competent one that has likeable characters and fun action.

35 years old kid

another great scene, thanks for reminding me

>These tired old memes

Let them rest, user. TFA's plot jumps from set to set with little/no justification and rely entirely on fans remembering episode IV fondly.
Most of the emotionally impactful scenes have little to no weight, Planet Unicron destroying a full system that's named in passing a few scenes later being the worst offender.

A New Hope. In fact I would go as far as to say that every new star wars movie is worse than the previous one, except the force awakens which is about as good as return of the jedi.

>Is it as messy as the originals?
Fuck, I meant to say the PREQUELS.

>bangs head

Entirely unintentional though. Those other scenes work much better though, because they're believeable and not force humor.

>close the doors
>wait shit, open them you close them too late
>first demonstration of jedi mind trick, where a lot is at risk
>conversation carried by an incredibly nervous Han Solo

V>IV>VII>VI>III>I>II

Any answer in which a prequel ranks higher than an original film is autismo b8, putting a prequel above VII is contrarian.

swap I and what I'm assuming is VII (unless you're baiting) and you're good

>LITERALLY THE SAME MOVIE AS ANH REEEEEEEE

Yes, I do like my movie to bring something new to the table. I also like believable dialogue that matches the situation, developed and sympathetic characters with believable motivation and good looking special effects.

I guess I'm too old for blockbusters and should make way for the good obedient trendy millenial consumer, right?

II: Wrath Of Khan

I make the point that without taking into account how bad the comedy is the ST's have always been jokes outside of esb and the "bad ass" clone army or 2 and 3.

Even George tried to emulate them in TPM with the droids, who if you want to talk forced comedy look no further.

Empire>Hope>Return

>putting a prequel above VII is contrarian

I'd put Phantom Menace above VII. I haven't seen the prequels in a while but as terrible as they were, atleast they have shown new things and new planets.

Objectively...The Force Awakens

Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

>new things
Mostly absolutely horrible things. And it reused assets from originals even more than force awakens, jedi robes anyone?

>they've always been jokes

Somewhat true in ANH although there is the boarding of Tantive IV. In RotJ yes but only when Ewoks were present.

>and it reused assets from originals even more than force awakens
You have to be memeing. TFA is literally ctrl c + ctrl v of the original

Nigger I like tpm a lot but I find it harder to defend it over tfa, if I were to rate them it would be

>V-IV-VI-VII-I-III------------II

>TFA
>best three
It's better than the first two prequels but episode 3 is still better than the force awakens. Return of the Jedi is pretty meh until the last hour. That last hour is probably the best part of the trilogy though

>x-wings
>tie fighters
>e-11s
>falcon

Jedi robes are a minor transgression compared to how unoriginal TFA is.

>horrible things

Like? And I'd argue that they might've been horrible but they did look different, certainly when it came to Phantom Menace.

>e-11s
I had to Google what that was. That's some major autism you have there

Better music. Podracing. Darth Maul and the final showdown in the forge.

TFA is awful, have you actually tried to watch it more than once? It has really poor replay value.

The Christmas Special.

>he hasn't played the Star Wars games
>posts on Cred Forums

Normie, REEEEEE, you know the drill

It has no replay value at all because it's a shitty remake of a new hope

How ordinary.Go see Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure and then we'll talk.

Empire is the obvious pick, followed by Star Wars. Jedi is about half good and half absolute shit. TFA is so bland and middling it may as well not exist.

It's V > IV >>>> VI >>>>>> III > SW: Droids > Ewoks: the Battle For Endor >>>> 2 > 1

I always place the original 1978 "Star Wars" at the top of the list. Purely because it could have been taken in any direction sequel-wise. The movie was so original and so self contained in comparison to the rest of the trilogy, we could have had a thousand different sequel outcomes.

I've watched it a couple times. It's a valid criticism but it's still easier for me to watch than the first two prequels

Yeah alderaan was so deep and explained to us and Leia really mourned the loss of her home planet. Obi wan looking constipated for 30 seconds really sold the tragedy to me

Star wars isn't about autisticly documenting the flora and fauna of planets, it's a personal character journey through fantastical settings. The universe serves the characters, I'm sorry every single planet wasn't named and given a full back story and you weren't able to fill out a wookiepedia article about them

You just have autism

>REEEE WHY IS THIS A STAR WARS MOVIE
>WHY ISN'T THIS LETTING ME TIP MY FEDORA AND FEEL EUPHORIC
>WHY IS THIS MOVIE MADE TO MAKE ME FEEL JOY WHY ISN'T IT CYNICAL AND SUBVERSIVE

100% this.

My greatest trigger of 2015 was when people were complaining that Starkiller base was scientifically impossible and would have blown up/burnt to a crisp if it were sitting that close to a star.

It's fucking Star Wars you cunts! Stop trying to turn it into "muh physics n reality" when it's a mythical fantasy take told in space. Goddamn.

But if they nitpick and obsess over these irrelevant things in movies, ignoring the concept of fiction and the ultimate point being that of telling a story.... me, you and the whole world will think they're so deep and insightful, intelligent and high brow, so above it all, not like us little people...and we'll all adore them and think highly of them which will make them feel better about being socially alienated and socially retarded autists.

> X-Wings are noticeably different, with a more streamlined look
> TIE Fighters have updated armaments, heavier armor and hyperdrive
> E-11s are visibly more powerful, and FO Stormtroopers have flamethrower variants for burning villages
> Falcon has a rectangular radar dish to replace the one it lost in the Death Star II
> FO Star Destroyers are larger, better versions of Imp-IIs
> Adds a fuckton of new alien species, organizations, weapons and planets

These are understandable changes -- in 30 years, technology has gotten better, but the fundamentals remain the same.

In the PT, every Jedi wears Tatooine robes. Every Sith has a red light saber. They return to Tatooine, which is Space Arizona, three fucking times in those movies.

The PT had some good shit from a design perspective -- like the battle droids and Naboo -- but don't bullshit me about the PT and originality. "It's like poetry, it rhymes" is a joke about the PT for a reason.

Personal preference:
6 > 5 > 3 > 4 > 7 > 2 >1

Objectively:
5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2

Catch: End Camino

clone wars

legit question has anyone in the history of ever said this?

it's obviously this

3 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7

I even love empire so much I f*ck it..

I have a question to people who like episode 7, how do you justify liking something or holding it so above the prequels when something like Rey exists. Ive never seen such a blatantly mary sue character in a movie since...well maybe jupiter ascending or episode 1 anakin.

Her acting is so stiff and her eyes are so large I cant understand how people can be excited for the next film when theres nowhere for her to go? Shes given a millenium falcon and a wookie without any context whatsoever.

yeah that guy did

For memes, yes.

this guy get it