When did it turn to shit?

When did it turn to shit?

Third Season or Fourth Season, when they began Flanderizing everyone and their minor, relatable character flaws turned them into psychotic narcissists.

It hasn't.

season 9

Pretty early on.
I know a lot of the episodes are pretty crazy, but they still felt grounded in some sort of reality.
Somewhere along the way it just turned into a cartoon

The very moment they took that photo.

11 is the first weak season the rest is comedykino

but as I expected the "Sunny is too popular now therefore I must hate it" comments starting to pop up

>11 is the first weak season the rest is comedykino
this

S01E01

Seasons 1-5 are the GOAT

Season 6 was poorly received when it aired, even though it really wasn't all that bad, it just had duds which was new to Sunny, but the cast noted the negative response it got, Glenn even tweeted about it after the premiere because people were fucking pissed, especially since the premiere had all the brand ad stuff, new beer and a scene set in subway.

Either way the cast were keenly aware o the response. So for season 7 they basically set out to turn everything to 11 for better or for worse, and this is when the show blew way up, and attracted a shitton of new viewers. While subtlety was never big on Sunny, anything it had was thrown out the window in favor of laughs.

This is why season 7 on surface seems like it's more hilarious than past seasons to newer fans, but really it's just more theatrical and in your face. The show lost its identity with this season, it became more careless and more concerned with being over the top. But it was still a god season, it's just this philosophy to making the show had a really poor shelf life because immediately with season 8 it was wearing thin and you started getting more mediocre episodes than good ones, and season 9 was a complete failure in my eyes.

So basically the show was starting to stagnate with season 6, which was by no means a bad season, it was just more of season 5 but less memorable, it didn't feel fresh anymore and given the poor reception, their response to it was basically to turn the show into an imitation of itself and it was a total success because Sunny is more popular than ever with normies and the likes, you see retards eating up season 8,9, 10 and 11 everywhere.

That's my best rundown of the whole thing as a longtime fan.

I hate how they killed off Country Mac in the same episode he premiered in. They could have easily written another 2 good episodes with that character.

It became too popular and thus you decided it was now cool to hate it making sure to tell everyone every change you get hoping they think you're some tv connoisseur

Seasons 3-5 are a mixed bag of good, okay and shit. Anything beyond that is just plain shit.

Charlie Kelly: King of the Rats

They haven't yet. They've made bad episodes, but they still make great ones too. The quality isn't as consistent as it was in earlier seasons, but they haven't "lost it" like some comedy shows do. It's still one of the funniest shows on television, these guys are a national treasure at this point

Never did, never will as long as Charlie and Mac are the writers

hello retard

>I know a lot of the episodes are pretty crazy, but they still felt grounded in some sort of reality.
>Somewhere along the way it just turned into a cartoon

This problem affects so many sitcoms. The characters tend to become parodies of themselves.

Pretty good post.

>American sitcom that isn't a British remake
>When did it turn to shit?
From its conception.

>all these mentions of "bad episodes"
which ones were bad? none of them really stuck out to me as bad.

Frank's Brother

Frank's Brother isn't that bad, it has some funny stuff.

Shadynasty's makes me laugh.

>TOP TIER
S2, S3, S5, S7
>GOOD TIER
S1, S4, S6, S8
>AVERAGE TIER
S9, S10, S11

Fuck off teaboo.

But IASIP hasn't even begun to peak.

frank's brother is easily the worst
others that are average to poor are cracking of the liberty bell, highschool reunion, asskickers united, the gang goes to hell, the lethal weapon episodes

It's pretty hard for sitcoms to go over 5 seasons and stay great besides the Simpsons.
I agree with your reasoning but I still mostly enjoy IASIP by not having too high expectations.
They still deliver on several moments on season fucking 11 which is pretty inconceivable for tv shows.

>It's pretty hard for sitcoms to go over 5 seasons and stay great besides the Simpsons.
Don't forget Seinfeld, my man.

Well it's literally GOAT.
Watched it 3 times through by now.

>the old I'm cool and unique because I only watch specific seasons of shows because i know better than you meme.

Stop trying to apply the Simpsons golden age to every show with more than 3 seasons

Good, good. I've stopped counting how many times I've watched it by now.

and seinfeld and the simpsons had 22 episode seasons

>Stop trying to apply the Simpsons golden age to every show with more than 3 seasons

Why?
I think it's a good standard to set other comedy tv-shows to.

That's the joke, though. They intentionally flanderize their characters as a parody of TV shows. Just like how Mac made himself fat as an inversion of the fact that people in later sitcom seasons tend to look better as the show becomes more popular and well-funded.

Holy shit, you're stupid AND a faggot.
Go cherry pick your dignity.

Most of the time it isn't about the show, it's about letting people know you have special taste. And the Simpsons is different. It has been around for a very long time and the current show hardly resembles the original. Few shows fit that so the golden age comparison isn't a good. one.

It hasn't.

Also, people who use the term "flanderization" as criticism should be taken behind the shed to be euthanized.

but this is one show where the flanderizing works.

The last 4 seasons haven't been bad at all, you just hate it because it's popular now

Is it even really flanderixation tho? This also why I hate the golden age comparison.

Frank says from the start he wants to change.

Dee and Charlie are pretty much the same.

Denis and Mac get crazier because crazy people don't get less crazy with time.