Magnificent 7

Are you misogynist manbabies going to watch it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9iteRKvRKFA.
youtube.com/watch?v=uwPI80EALPU
youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was thinking about it, actually. I want to see what the western genre has become so I can effectively scorn it

if they dont rape a female indian i'ts not a real western

>any movies set before 2010 is now going to be 'problematic' because of how things were

I don't understand. The movie is a blatant multicultural pandering cash grab. What are they complaining about? Isn't it racist these days to give a movie a bad review if it has blacks and stuff?

>Magnificent Burger King Kid's Club
I have less than zero interest.

It even fails at that though. The Asian guy is the knife throwing assassin. Could have been any other member of the group, but nope he had to be the stereotype.

The original was a classic with a magnificent theme: youtube.com/watch?v=9iteRKvRKFA.

A magnificent cast (pic related).

And a magnificently simple but powerful western story.

It had Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn...

The new one just STINKS of a lack of creativity and new and interesting ideas. I don't mind the diverse cast (well not too much anyway) in and of itself, but I hate what it represents - a by-the-book-play-it-safe approach. I mind the absolutely uninteresting trailer with boring quips and stupid scenes and yawn inducing action and zero charisma, zero "proper" western feel. It looks like a run of the mill movie. It's just not interesting in any way.

Will any of these movies, will THIS movie be remembered the same way the original is almost SIXTY YEARS after its release?

there have been several good westerns in the past few years, this film is likely as bad an example of the genre as The Lone Ranger was a few years ago.

>worrisome
>problematic

I wish liberals didn't exist.

Antoine Fuqua is one special nigger, and Denzel is one of the few actors who can make a bad movie watchable... so yeah, I'm pretty pumped for it.

>She literally questions modern masculinity
>muh buzzword
I wish people would think before being dumb

I think they're bashing it for the "problematic genre" because they'd lose their jobs if they actually called it what it is; yet another shameless "remake" that will cost Hollywood millions.

How many flops did we have this year? How many of those were remakes, reimaginings or reboots?

>Westerns are now problematic

no, it looks closer to wild wild west than magnificent 7, and magnificent 7 is a poor mans seven samurai

that is not what it says

>tfw my co-worker was complaining about how all of these movies are just ripping off Hateful Eight's name scheme
>I had to explain that Magnificent 7 was a remake
>I had to explain that it was a remake of a remake

Working at a movie theater you'd think that'd be common knowledge.

seven samurai >>>>>>>>>>> magnificent seven >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pc diversity driven remake of a remake

I think the strangest thing about these people is how obviously they are being used as useful idiots to corporations and the governments that corporations own to make the public accept policies like internet censorship and 'fast lanes' and copyright bullshit.

As soon as the corporations get their way, these regressives aren't going to be useful anymore and will be completely silenced. Not knowing how to speak up without massive media support and hand holding, they'll just quietly dispensary.

Oh my god, who fucking cares? Jesus Christ.

In fairness, Yul Brynner was some kind of Mongolian-looking fucker. One non-white is par for the course.

Every fucking thread about the Magnificent 7: ITS BASED ON SEVEN SAMURAI. Every fucking time. No shit.

What surprises me is that Charles Bronson is white. For years I thought he was like half a Mexican, but he's a pure baltic Slav.

>Slav
>white

Feminists are the one thing that can bring nogs and racists together.

>says the Argentinian

>It's worrisome to think about men today
Yeah 'cause no feminist has time for that.

I didn't mind it. It was fun. The sad thing is the film made a point of being add sjw friendly as it could be. The chick in it is a mary sue expert sniper ffs.

They already know, user... they aaalready know

>Cred Forums getting triggered already

Cred Forums is, was, and always will be triggered, user. Now go away.

>"hey you should stay out of this you're a girl"
>"i'm gonna fight"
>"well ok let me show you how to use a gun"
>girl proceeds to load gun like a pro and headshot the target
>"whoa"

Yes this exchange actually happens in the movie

This reminds me of those incredibly cringe fan-fictions I used to write where the OC is introduced to basic combat by a main character and blows them away with how badass the OC is at whatever they tasked them to do.

Make me.

nigger i'm full celtic

I'm not going to watch it in theaters because Antoine Fuqua is a terrible director who lucked out with Training Day. Olympus has Fallen was fun but not memorable. The Equalizer was straight up lame.

That's kinda been a cliché for a while now.

This, why can't we worry about things that actually matter? Like, what color my shit was this morning compared to this afternoon.

Stranger Things did the same thing haha

Someone should make a supercut of this

white men are troublesome, worrisome and problematic

>Like, what color my shit was this morning compared to this afternoon.

Different shades of red is still bad, user.

Also the black guy, the Mexican and the Indian and the Woman are the only survivors

>the gook dies
Hollywood confirming again that they don't care about Asians I see.

>(((Hollywood))) confirming again that they don't care about Asians I see.
asians are honorary aryans

He's just a meme character for chink bucks. Asians have successful cultures so naturally they're scum

Wait, didn't Cred Forums predict this was going to be a critical darling because of the diversity?

youtube.com/watch?v=uwPI80EALPU

old westerns music can be good as fuck yo

>remake directed at le "millenials"
>they haven't seen the original and their dads won't like it

pure flopkino

>Cred Forums will defend a pointless sequel with forced diversity just because someone used tumblr words in their reviews

who is defending it? we're all shitting on it for different reasons

tru dat
youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

>Seven Samurai will eventually get a remake

It's probably just an awful movie.
My guess is they can't just pan it because it would be bigotry to do so for film with a multiracial cast, so they use feminism as a politically acceptable excuse.

He looks like a tanned finn to be honest

Miike did something like it, it had many similarities with 7 samurai except the main plot It turned out good in its own way.

>words bother me

I wish you didn't exist.

random feminists camapigning for internet censorship at an UN meeting was an eye opening experience. Not the trump type here either.

Are you talking about the 13 Assassins?
Brilliantly fucked up, I love that movie.

Wow it's like there's maybe an homage to something in there somewhere.

>Potatoniggers
>White

Its seriously the first "cowboy movie", since Brokeback mountain i have zero interest in watching.

Your loss. Brokeback Mountain was a pretty great film.
>duuuh, but dats gay, bro

>romans in ireland

no because it looks like shit.

Yeh. I think they are thematically close.
Or at least I hope that discourages people from doing a remake any time soon.

Never wrong

>there have been several good westerns in the past few years

If you mean the past few decades, sure.

Years, though? Fuck no.

Being good at throwing knives is an asian stereotype? Does it have to do with competence being an asian sterotype?

Sure, if you're a faggot....

What I don't understand is how they can do a fantastic, well done, and memorable remake of something like 3:10 to Yuma and yet can't do the same for something like Magnificent 7 where they have to fall back on "diversity" and "pandering" and end up just playing it safe and forgettable.

Because it's Sony.
Making inane remakes/reboots is practically their specialty.

>Lionsgate is better at remaking classic movies than Sony
wow

>he hasn't seen House of Flying Daggers

>I wish this guy didn't exist because of the words he used
>but I'm totally not bothered by words!