At what point did you stop watching the Simpsons?

At what point did you stop watching the Simpsons?

when they showed your mom in it

Somewhere around season 13

It started declining in season 9 already

I didn't, I will watch every new episode until I or it dies.

Shortly after y2k

that episode was pretty cringy

plot of this episode?

Never started no spoilers guise. I'm waiting to buy the box set and marathon all 25+ seasons at once

When marge got titty implants

Sadgasm

These pictures just make me feel sad now. It's like your coked out prostitute sister crashing Thanksgiving dinner. You're not even mad anymore, you just feel depressed looking at what she's become.

the one with the Badger and The Who

they actually called out how they were done with a continuous story and it was just random scenes

Around the time this came out and I realized it was better than the show.

Homer dies killed by his son Bart Simpson

>burndown chart
accurate

Never played this but I heard it's like a kids version of GTA. Is that true/

season 11

I only stopped around two years ago, but I have no idea why I hung on that long. I guess I felt like I owed it to them to keep watching.

Playing this and Road Rage back in the day on the PS2
They don't make em like cis anymore

Pretty much

yep

15 years ago

That image looks like it was done in MS Paint

Fuck me, every time I think they cant ruin it any worse a screencap like this pops up.

when I used to watch animation domination on sunday nights I'd still tune in but I usually watched the whole line up anyways. I knew it was bad but eh, at that time I didnt have anything else to watch on sunday nights because I was younger and not into any shows that usually aired on sunday nights.
Nowadays Sundays are the best night for shows
Probably somewhere around 2007 I stopped watching the lineup altogether when I started having a life. Do I have a life now? no that ended too.

Road rage was on the ps2?

I remember playing it on my megadrive when I was a kid

I still watch it all the time, new and old seasons alike

its nowhere near as bad as the internet hivemind acts

Still better than 90% of sitcoms animated or live action

when ever it moved from BBC 2 to channel 4

Ad breaks in a fucking 20 minute show?
Nah m8

This

Not at all, it's state of the art animation software, producing only highest quality.

I think I stopped watching about 2003

To be fair, the old programme used to have faults like this as well, but I guess there's no excuse for the most eye-catching mistakes that obviously weren't vetted before being finalized.

I miss hand drawn animation

I consider "Trilogy of Error" the last ep of Simpsons

After season 15 they died

Is sad, but i dont know why still on air with shit episodes target to millennials, tumbrl and american pop culture of famous people every gag

Why are you such a glutton for punishment?

I don't know the season.

It was around that episode where Bart went to juvenile hall. Nothing ever happens or develops in that show. You might call it "fan service" but in my opinion, at some point somebody should be fucking other than the husband and wife.

Then you get the shit where they don't age and whatever. Naruto finally had to break down, make that cunt hokage and move on. The Simpsons doesn't ever do that. Since they can't write for shit and we just need another episode of them screwing around.

1999-2000 was the end. Some odd episodes are okay but mostly shit. Can't be bothered with the "Homer just happens to know a well known celebrity and goes around their house" episodes.

What am I looking here?

At this exact episode.

Are those mapple mapbooks?!?

Lisa joins a feminist coding group to prove women are just as good as at computers as men. They create an A.I. operating system, it's a parody of that movie "Her" but the A.I. is male.

The only funny part was that they allowed Comic Book Guy to join the group but all they do is abuse him for being a male. He says at one point "Everything I say or do offends them."

probably 15 was around the time I stopped enjoying things and could no longer look forward to the 7:00 simpsons

Pay attention to the hand rest behind Marge

Ah! Now I see! Thanks.

I too had to stop watching in order to focus on jacking off.

I heard it started getting good again withthe latest seasons

Is it true? I feel like it might have been shills

I wouldn't say good, but the latest episodes don't make me cringe like the transitional seasons.

I've even found myself laughing a couple of times.

>somebody claims new simpsons is not that bad and even picking up in the latest seasons
>watch the latest episode
>it's fucking awful
What kind of endorsement is "better than [abject shit]" anyway? It's still not good enough to even be worth the small time investment.

about 1999

After the episode with U2 (which was pretty good desu)

I'mm not sure, but I know I picked it back up again for one ep for Titty Marge.

I'm now waiting for the Simpsons In Korea ep where Lisa gets the korean plastic surgery and my dick gets its payday once again.

I think around the time when Family Guy started getting bigger.

anyone got that gif/webm comparing marge at the checkout for the old and new intros?

You're thinking of Road Rash, lad.

This was gamekino

After the episode that Marge opens a Gym for women, gets rich and Homer stars making a lot surgeries to look like a trophy husband

Yes, there are minute errors in earlier seasons, but with the modern technology we have now there is no reason for it

I don't remember the exact point. Probably about 10 years ago. I can't even watch classic Simpsons anymore, though. I still randomly recall episodes and jokes and laugh, but can't sit through them anymore. I guess I've seen them so many times I just can't actually watch it anymore.

>you will never experience the comfy late 90s/early 2000s when the Simpsons aired three times a day on Fox

I watched random new episodes up until season 19 when I had to finally drop it. Felt bad man.

After he died.

>Alexander Anderson reveals himself.png

i could never watch it even as a kid it was boring and lame. i love futurama though

I quit the Simpsons shortly after quitting weed. Coincidence? No.

your old

I stopped in about 2007. Then last summer I marathoned the whole series and I made it to the end of the most recent season. Now I feel like if I don't watch when they start again, I'll be a fucking quitter.

You mean, after Andy Dick messed up the life of her wife at the point she raped him and killed him?

There was an episode with a monkey at the end screaming. It was captioned something to the effect of "This episode didn't make sense. Tell the people." I haven't watched one since.

This.

And the Simpsons Comics too senpai. I wish the show would adapt some of those storylines for TV; they could do a lot worse.

>I'm really enjoying this so-called, iced cream.

Just remembered that line and now I'm giggling like an idiot.

I think it was around 2002-2003. I caught the odd episode here and there, but that was the point when I fell out of watching it religiously. I also stopped watching wrestling around that time too, but I don't think there's any correlation there.

The episode which actually got me to stop watching any new episodes whatsoever was the Homer grunge band bullshit episode. I hate that episode. I seriously hate everything about that episode. It just makes me mad to think about it, even now.

I finally got to watch new seasons as they aired in 2003 and the drop in quality was profound but I tried to ignore it, Three or four years ago I stopped watching post season 10 for the sake of it and only if I hadn't seen it. Having seen the first ep of last season I'll no longer watch any episode past season 10 for any reason whether I've seen it or not.

Luckily it's so long since I saw a lot of the old episodes it's as if they're new to me.

2008, after The Simpsons movie.

I'm 21 and grew up watching during 1999-2006, mostly season 1-9.

Saw most of 10-20 too.

What's wrong with that? Looks OK to me.

After that Tony Hawk episode

That grunge one killed it for me too. I've watched a few random ones since but they all were horrible.

Same here

I still watch it. I'll keep watching it to the end.

That joyless 30 minutes has become an essential part of my Sunday nights.

whenever that ep where bart runs away and becomes a rapper with 50 cent came out

>two frame fist shake

>That joyless 30 minutes has become an essential part of my Sunday nights.
Deep.

pics

Same. I do this for Family guy as well. At least with FG I can count on maybe one joke being funny (though never usually laugh-out-loud).

His death matches up perfectly with the total decline of the series.

his old?

If you say it declined around season 10 and not season 7, you've proven your lack of knowledge, not to mention overall worth.

once it became objectively unfunny

yeah man, you're such an impressive guy for having an opinion on when the Simpsons dropped in quality.

season 7 was great. season 8 was mostly good. 9-12 was the real noticeable decline.

Season 8 was pretty bad. They were already doing meta-shit with the spinoff showcase episode and "let's put Bart and Lisa into a wacky setting" stuff.

Let's not even get into Frank Grimes, the true division marker.

Get out of this board, you aren't welcome here.

nostalgia fag

the new animation is very croppy and cheap, it fells souless and the lack of comedic tempo makes this show unwatchable

Turd eating youngster

s10 initially. Then a couple years ago I watched up to s18 in the background at about 1.4x and was surprised to find a few good eps, I think in s18 before it turned to shit again

Get fucked. Chief Wiggum, P.I. is one of the best things to come out of the Simpsons Spinoff Showcase. I would rather watch that than new Simpsons.

IMO, the last great season was 7. Every episode was perfect. Seasons 8-12 had good episodes, but they were few and far between.

It was incredible.

>Season 8 was pretty bad

>A milhouse divided
>homer's phobia
>Grade School Confidential
>The Twisted World of Marge Simpson
>The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show

you have to go back

I can play this game too.

After the movie.

it holds up very well today, music, acting, gags, gameplay, graphics.

The PC port is a bit buggy, but not gamebreakingly buggy.

>Dad was an abusive alcoholic/addict
>He used to break down and cry whenever the Simpsons was on and Homer's drinking problem came up because his drinking was breaking the family apart
>Sit there awkwardly as he wept
>Wonder if i'm getting raped tonight

I picked it up again recently. It's pretty comfy stoned