ITT: Say one good thing about the Prequels

ITT: Say one good thing about the Prequels.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7SqTR0DorSw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ewan McGregor

the movies

RotS is mildly entertaining at times

better than the shitty 70s cosplay garbage

They aren't TFA.

The story revolves around the conflict between the Jedi and Sith instead of the original muh rebellion muh empire bullshit

Sheev

>Ewan McGregor
this, and i love the Maul fight scenes

obi wan
the whole CGI are pretty good
the second opus look pretty good even if it's the longuest shit ever

The best 3 films of the entire series. That 70s crap looked so fake with the stupid costumes and crudely put together set designs. Plus they lack the political intrigue and world building of the prequels.

The Force Awakens was just some fan-fiction Marvel movie so it shouldn't even be considered.

godtier production design

The ideas, characters and locations it introduced helped expanding the universe a lot, and gave us some god tier Star Wars vidya.
The movies look very pretty at times.
Amazing music, RotS probably has the best Star Wars soundtrack
Sheev.
Ewan McGregor

Pod race

That video game a was god-tier

the bait is real
lucas specal /practical effect are amongs the best ones for 70's movies

At times, Anakin's development was believable.

Her stomach is just fucking unreal.

spoofs

found the manchild

the 70s movies are trash, move on

Ben Burtt and John Williams.

The sound design and the soundtrack are the only redeeming factors of the prequels.

I can't think of anything bad to say about them.

The prequels are incredibly artistic and untamed.

>This

Also, excellent world building

They're actually entertaining. The original trilogy is fucking boring.

Production design.
Ideas Note, ideas, not execution.
The score was objectively better in the PT that in the OT, not to mention the shitfest of a score that currently is the Sequel Trilogy.

This.
Also the world building was far superior to TFA

They're original

Sheev.
He is actually the only full dimensional character and hugely entertaining.
You actually feel sympathy for his efforts seeing as he is surrounded by galaxy of idiots.

At least Lucas tried something different. Cant say that about jj and tfw

wtf Cred Forums likes the prequels now

I love genX and their kids genZ

It gave us an incredible game.

sheev would be amazing to go on a lads holiday with

We've always liked them.
The normies are the ones who say they suck.
Reddit is to blame.

>The new planets are visually interesting
>The action sequences were fun
>The soundtrack to the prequels is the last good score John Williams has done
>The main cast was beautiful
>Natalie Portman in that white outfit in Ep2 was unreal.
>Lucas is an auteur, JJ is a studio director who makes safe, inoffensive films

However, the acting in the prequels is absolutely indefensible. I get that Lucas was trying to show that it was a different time and people behaved differently before the Rebellion but it just didn't work. The thing Force Awakens has going for it is a great cast and natural dialogue. Everything else is ripped straight from the OT

you make sense, my cousin who is and extra but thinks he's an actor likes the original trilogy but when I talk to him about films - he doesnt even know who Clive Owen is

They're actually enjoyable.

Nothing. It's Star Wars. Star Wars is always gonna be shit for worthless children who will never be of any use to society.

It made me realize that Star Wars had never been good, and never would be.

This.
The OT feels like something you have to sit through to get to the rest of the story.

Society is a meme

They killed Hayden Christensens Career

a good story about the rise of fascism and the slow erosion of democratic society. Lucas was a visionary who predicted both the slow quagmire of war in Iraq and Afghanistan undermining the Western World, and also the way freedom and free thought is being eroded for stability and security.
Literally a prophet

BOMMM BA-BOMMM BOMMM BOMMM BOMMM BOMM BOMMMMMM BOM

lucas tried to do something different. if he turned the script to other people instead of using the first draft he wrote on a napkin in his shitter..

This.

I bet most of you prequel fags don't even know who Ben Burtt is you ignorant little cunts.

Many of the EU novels and stories it inspired were great.

Pretty good visual design.
Had original story, instead of the soft-reboot of the newest one.
Was precursor to the 2d animated Clone Wars.

the music

The Jango Fett seismic charges scene is great.

Lol can we just call all works from based george an opus now?

Order 66 and Sheev.

Legit when he goes off and kills the Sandpeople that's like the only good Anakin moment. I believe that shit and I would have done the same thing probably.

The prequel era itself was salvaged by other media, especially video games

Dark Maul was a pretty interesting character, but they barely used him.

Natalie's back in clone wars when Anakin complains about sand.

THE SOUND DESIGN ON WALL-E IS INCREDIBLE.

what. a . legend.

Agree.

PT is God Tier design.

No, you're a meme! Shut up!

>There will never be a lavishly 2D animated version of the prequels using these designs.

jdimsa

Padmae was hot. I'd poke.

They ended.

This and Ian McDiarmid

No comedy made in the past twenty years has made me laugh as hard as when Ewan McGregor tries to keep a straight face during the whole saw him killing younglings dialogue.

youtube.com/watch?v=7SqTR0DorSw

I saw it in the theater four times (glutton for punishment and young) and the first two times there was silence, then the next two times people had caught on to how awful it was like I had and there was audible laughter.

i want to tongue-fuck her navel

>mfw people say the visual design is great

Did we watch the same movies?

The only reason anyone liked him is because he wasn't ruined by shitty dialogue and he looked cool.

Better than TFA.

>the visual design is good
>the cgi is great

How do blind people watch movies anyway ?

It had a really cool idea that would have made it way better than the originals.

They had a lot of cool spaceship and vehicle designs.

Hayden a qt

Most of the people ITT probably don't even know what they're saying when they use the term "visual design". They think "It looked cool" is a valid argument proving it had good "visual design". They're dumb. Enough said.

cgi =/= visual design
The sets looked fake as fuck, I agree, but the costumes and robot designs were pretty good. And the different planets were imaginative.

>but the costumes and robot designs were pretty good.
this, "new" stuff we got in 7 just looks like it was ripped from 4-6.

>mfw i just realized that obi is actually the strongest jedi and maybe even the best fighter in all of the galaxy

Because it was.
Literally every third scene in TFA was a ripoff or an 'homage' to the OT.

If someone supervised Lucas it would be god-tier.

>1/3rd
You're being generous

I mean the design of the aliens and robots.

Like the only thing that was unique was that one red droid on the medieval planet with the flags.
Like that was the only unique looking set and design in the whole movie.

I like these

It tried new things and gave us the clone wars tv show

Am I the only guy that thinks Disney should pump a few million into redoing the CGI for the prequels?
They could even chop a few scenes or swap out different takes to make people happy.

They'd fucking triple their investment easy.

Yup, and that set was really fucking good. They just need to double down on that in the next movies.

>disney redoing anything
no

no the CGI isn't the problem.
In fact that's the least of the problem.

>Special Edition Prequels
This isn't a bad idea.

He doesn't mean remaking them, fuckstick.

John "Jizz" Williams Duel Of Fates

I don't want disney touching anything on the old movies, thank you very much

>John "Jizz" Williams Duel Of Fates
was that prequel original?

Yes

The set was mediocre, some good parts but the exteriors looked like it was filmed in the backyard of a pub in Leicester.

The final duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin is one of the most impactful moments in the whole series.

A new hope and empire strikes back are literally the only great star wars movies, and only if you watched them as a kid in the nineties.

If you are some millenial who wants to hop in a time machine to see what the fuss is about than the movie effects won't loo right because your eyes are trained for cgi.

This is just the after shocks of "CGI Kills movies" droning. They're so afraid of it that they just use practical stuff and film on location. They can't even add anything alien to the movies.

Like where the hell was a dagobah like planet.

It really is.
And that scene that everyone mocks where they're both spinning their blades at once is actually very powerful.
It shows that the two of them are so incredibly evenly matched that they both break into a 360 block at the same time, only to break the block with the same exact attack.

Two sides of the same coin.

For the first 12 minutes, yeah. After the second hour of their fight scene I got bored.

Mace Windu was a better duelist.

Canonically, I'm sure that Luke Skywalker and Yoda, and possibly Revan and Meetra Surik were stronger than Obi-Wan.

Somewhere in San Francisco.

One good thing about the prequels

> Canonically
> Revan
> Meetra Surik

user...

Duel of the Fates is probably one of John Williams best pieces of music.

>rey enters the cantina for the big "you're not in kansas anymore"
>it's with well known friends and the cantina is extremely warm and inviting except for the child sex dungeons

was this on purpose?

They woke people up to realize what a slimy industry destroying kike George Lucas is.

They were better than the FUCKING FORCE AWAKENS, FUCK YOU JJ, FUCK YOU DISNEY AND FUCK YOU MARY SUE REY.

ironically, you cock sucker, the Negro was the best part of the movie although he was reduced to a shitty Jar Jar replacement. So that ms Mary Sue would ahve looked even more impressive. They failed, she's a ms mary sue who can learn from Luke Skywalker, nothing! She'll be his teacher, that Ms Mary Sue!

I can name several:

- score is on par with originals'
- Sheev
- imaginative planets, aliens and incidental world-building
- Ewan MacDonald
- interesting mythical allusions

It's all ruined by shitty directing, bad editing, horrible dialogue and Jorge's inability to not be lazy though

Don't give me any of that shit.

And yet it was more interesting and expansive than the shit awakens, may JJ get aids in his ass!

They were recognisably the product of one man's vision.

Only unfortunate thing is he didn't have anyone to trim the fat or smooth out the rough edges.

It was actually damn good world building.

Shame though that a lot of it immediately relevant to the movies didn't make sense (Naboo, the Jedi Order, the Clone Wars).
And a lot of needless aesthetics were lumped in too for no reason. I can't understand how a realistically seedy Coruscant nightlife with lots of extras was in the same damned movie as a 50's Americana diner created entirely with retarded CGI characters.

TFA's world building was bad even without having to compete with the preexisting "legends" canon.

They made a cringeworthy bunch of larper "First Order" Imperials fight the super-SJW people who are "rebels" despite controlling the majority of the galaxy.

That and having total "expy" planets for no reason.

Sheev

lel calm down SaganFan1983, your hatred for women is blinding you. Luke was just as much of a Mary Sue as Rey was, if not more.

Did george actually come up with the universe stuff or was it just the art team?

Some of the sets, especially in episode 1, looked real.
The best ones IMO were in the bar scene in episode 2. That type of environment hasn't been done right in a sci-fi movie since Blade Runner, and even then that was a "future Earth", not a "grand galactic space opera" like was recently revived by Mass Effect.

>They made a cringeworthy bunch of larper "First Order" Imperials fight the super-SJW people who are "rebels" despite controlling the majority of the galaxy.

maybe it's a Freudian slip of commentary on JJ's part.

>Yoda
That faggot who literally lost every fight?

Give me a fucking break

Fuck you, you blooming fucking idiot. Name one character in an established genre that for no reason at all can do FUCKING ANYTHING JUST BECAUSE! Go ahead, I'll wait.

they made me relax about the whole star wars franchise. actually i was already relaxed when the first one came out, i was out of the loop when it came at pop culture since i was into reading and writing so it popped up i was not expecting anything but maybe it could turn out awesome like the movies in my childhood and it was forgettable. so i forgot about it. then internet got bigger, "nerds" became a thing so being "huuge star wars geeks" became a massive thing and i am damn glad i am not associated with this even if i still have sympathy for the franchise. if they ever do a good vr game where i can swing a light saber i will buy it.

And Luke, for the LAST FUCKING TIME, you fucking idiots!! was not a mary sue. If you fucking rey cock suckers actually knew what the fuck you were talking about, you wouldn't say something as stupid.

Luke Skywalker

No, no, no!

There's a difference between "generic hero" and Mary Sue. A generic hero, done right (as Luke was), is excessively easy to identify with. A Mary Sue can't be connected with because she doesn't have any challenges or character faults
Luke was (in the first movie) devoid of any original characterisation besides the standard "hero's journey" thing, but he was basically hand-held by Obi-Wan and mocked by Han and Leia for the whole movie.

It's very deliberate.

People will tell me "go back to Cred Forums", but the most plausible explanation is that now George Lucas is out of Star Wars, the Jewish clique that run Disney/Hollywood are painting their vision onto Star Wars, where the "rebels" represent "the Other" and the subverter, rather than a moralistic quasi-religious quasi-libertarian revolution like the original rebels were.
George Lucas (and his hired EU writers) could and did write a believable (by Star Wars standards) universe where the former Rebels had formed a New Republic, and tell stories within that universe, but the central myth of the Jewish diaspora and the linked idea-space of modern leftism is that their side is eternally the "underdogs", so having the "plucky underdogs" be the equivalent of the Freikorps would be unthinkable to them, even in a story where they have the writing power and established lore behind them to paint them as the bad guys.
They literally can't imagine a world where the "anti-authoritarians" are NOT the victims of authority but its wielders. Cognitive dissonance.

hes so good that he read the force and it told him that he should lose so annakin could kill duku and then become darth vader and then gets in a fight with his son and then defeats the emperor and luke then brings balance to the force.

Yes he was. ;^)

WHEN WAS LUKE A FUCKING MARY SUE, YOU STUPID FUCKIING SHIT FUCK!???

We're not talking about Luke who lost every fight he was in or nearly died a dozen times in the first movie and the several times in the second and even the last movie he nearly died, we're not talking about that Luke who was saved BY EVERYONE. Rey saved herself because she's ms MARY MUTHA FUCKING SUE.

Lucas' initial vision of the perfect Anakin in the phantom menace was perfect. We just didn't realize until like 15 years later.

Rey MAY not be a mary sue, but it's poor fucking writing that explains why she has all these powers.

Amnesia and unseen backstory is a fucking awful writing trope.

The only thing she reasonably should be good at is the staff stuff.

NAME ME ONE INSTANCE YOU FUCKING IDIOT, NAME ME ONE INSTANCE? YOU CAN'T, CAN YOU, YOU FUCKING CAN'T.

I hateyou people.

I forgot did Rey use her lightsabre in a stabbing/bashing motion like she was fighting with her staff. I swear someone said she was and I thought that was a nice detail.

planned better than it was executed

the concept art and what was done practical looked pretty good

It's not even so much about power, as it is the ability to present the character as having established limitations and emotional/situational "aims".

Rey has so little established character and no real established flaws (besides her orphaning, which isn't even dealt with in this movie, just clumsily thrown in for no pay-off). She just has stuff happen to her, it's not a character arc because she's so inert and unchanged by events.

Amazing props and practical effects, especially in phantom menace. Most of the establishing shots of the cities, arenas, and other buildings were all miniatures. The same is true for the hanger bays and the pod racer garage.

It is doubtful if any film will ever match the number of models build for Phantom menace. Lucas really cut back on it for 2 and 3. It's been said that phantom menace had more miniatures built for it than the other star wars films combined.

If someone said you could read the script for the next two movies would you do it?

>implying the next 2 scripts are written

Luke had it way better and had less challenges than Rey had. She grew up alone fending for herself on a scavenger desert planet surrounded by scoundrels who probably raped her tight pussy and she probably had a thousand alien abortions by the time she was 16. She was trained with a bo staff by necessity, as she had to fight for her life every single day. Also you don't know Rey's parentage so you have no idea what her abilities are as far as that is concerned.

Luke was a faggot who drank blue milk, had a family to raise him, and drove around in his BMW land speeder to hang out with the other Chads and shoot womp rats for fun like a fucking psychopath. Luke had no reason to be as good as he was. He was just good because reasons.

Like is a Mary Sue, and you are all fagets.

If you have an issue here's a tissue.

Yep

Best memes

Yes, so I could corner the meme market and sell high.

Everything about them except for some hamfisted writing and jar jar existing

I was actually saying both are wrong, not equating one with the other. Not only the CGI in that shot looks absolutely horrible, but I also think the design is very bland and lifeless.

Ship designs (for the most part)
>The sort-of X-wing from the start of ep3
>Darth Maul's ship in ep1
>The proto-star destroyers in ep3
>The jedi starfighters in ep3
>The Naboo starfighters in ep1
All really nice imo

Also most vehicles were practical as were a lot of the droids. Puppet aliens and droids were widely used but in marketing the film lucas boasted frequently about the powers of CGI so every assumed it was all just computers and blue screen.

hayden looked like vader when he wasn't talking

What about Naboo, the clone wars and the jedi order didn't make sense? is this RLM nitpicking again?

I HATE X-WINGS PLEASE DO NOT MENTION THEM TO ME AS THEY ARE TIED TO A VERY TRAUMATIC TIME IN MY HISTORY!

SHUT UP I DON'T CARE!

Who could have actually handled the prequels.

I would kill for the ability to throw nasty looks Hayden has

>like butter

Ren was playing with Finn and kicked his ass and suddenly Ms mary sue who already used the force against him when she shouldn't have, suddenly over powers him?

Luke wasn't boring as a person, at all. he had flaws. He was impetiuous and loud and self assured and he fell on his ass, everytime. He had a good heart and he was a likable person. Rey was a boring shitter. The Negro was more interesting than her.

the books can eat shit, we're addressing what's shown on screen. Rey's all powerful for no reason where as Luke needed everyone around him to save his ass. Rey has a bo staff and what of it? Does having a bo staff mean she could out force use, Ren? Madness. She's never played the guitar before but suddenly she's playing Eddie Van Halen's respect for the wind? Even Bill and Ted had to disappear for a few years to learn how to play.

JJ Abrams

comparing luke and rey is exactly why her being a stand-in for millennials doesn't work at all. She is more akin to a somalian scavenger, not a young kid with a car like luke.
Why do people like Luke? Because he's an honest fucking kid, while Rey has some deep issues, latches onto parent figures like a tick, and has a brooding taste for justified violence

>Like the only thing that was unique was that one red droid
yup, real original

no I mean actually handled the story.
JJ can't fucking handle anything deeper than a puddle.

Like who could actually do space opera and politics, and make a good person fall from grace through seduction of the dark side.

fptp

>the books

Stopped reading there, I never said anything about the books and I have never read them. Excuses harder.

isn't JJ supposed to be directing the portal movie

or was it a half life movie........

That's blue dumb dumb.
Red means it's different.

i think alot of the plot structure was there. the biggest issue was the cgi and dialogue.

>Luke had it way better and had less challenges than Rey had. She grew up alone fending for herself on a scavenger desert planet surrounded by scoundrels who probably raped her tight pussy and she probably had a thousand alien abortions by the time she was 16. She was trained with a bo staff by necessity, as she had to fight for her life every single day. Also you don't know Rey's parentage so you have no idea what her abilities are as far as that is concerned.

basically
>she had a really tough backstory, so it's fine that everything she fights is paper tigers.

This is what you're saying.
This is just bad writing, and we care less about the hero.

the hero is Ren

You think the second movie's gonna do a billion dollars as easy, you cock sucker? It's gonna do less. People know what you're selling and a lot of them ain't buying.

Pod race had:
>practical arena
>practical terrain (sped up footage of tunisia)
>model pods
>puppet alien podracers except for some closeups and speaking scenes
>full pods build for the important racers
>crowd was made of painted Q-tips that jumped up and down when blasted with compressed air
>the race announcer booth was practical (including mini monitors)

tl;dr

The one sequence that people assumed was almost entirely CGI actually used some of the most practical effects in the entire film.

Not gonna lie though the red really looks good

Do you mean the 2nd movie or the 3rd movie.
Cause theres going to be the filler movie with the other mary sue.

Again, you don't know her full backstory yet. We know Luke's and the entire explanation for him being as powerful as he is is "His dad was le chosen one". At least Rey had a lifetime of actually training in fighting to go on. Not to mention she was trained by Mary Sue Luke when she was a kid, if the spoilers are to be believed.

I want to play 40k on that set.

>tfw no one checks your dubs

I know right? We will probably never see a movie go that far ever again.

ILM used to pride themselves on going as far as they could without having to resort to computer trickery. Those days are done.

>We know Luke's and the entire explanation for him being as powerful as he is is "His dad was le chosen one"
>le

Look, mary sue doesn't mean the character has no explanation or backstory. Having them never fail or learn or grow is what makes them a mary sue. It's a bad idea to start with a character if they've fully matured because we'll never experience it with them and there will be no attachment to them.

For example if I wrote an OC character that had some EXTREME training and was a super soldier and could do everything you would think it was just boring wish fullfillment.

The second movie in this shit fest will fail utterly and completely.

That's not how movies works. She's a retarded Mary Sue and everyone hates her, and those that don't, will. Triple X is a mary sue but at the very least he's more fleshed out because we know from the get go he's been a dare devil for some time. I hated his movie though because he was a blatant mary sue. Nothing like Rey though.

Luke was not a mary sue. As characters go, he was lamer than Anakin ability wise. even Anakin as a child wrecked several pods and ever only used his abilities to avoid danger. That coupled with his perpetual pod racing made him a convincing character. Rey's just dumb.

Sheev

>The second movie in this shit fest will fail utterly and completely.
do you mean rebel one?

>wait for the next one
they're pulling you by the nose. they don't even have to, since everyone likes and watches star wars anyway

You literally only hate Rey because she's female and you know it. He's right she has far more of a reason to be a good fighter and Jedi than Luke ever did.

>You literally only hate Rey because she's female and you know it. He's right she has far more of a reason to be a good fighter and Jedi than Luke ever did.

I've asked my self this multiple times and no that's just not true.
Maybe I notice it more because shes female, but that doesn't change the facts.

I like the noir-y aesthetic at the beginning of Attack of the Clones. Also scruffy Ewan McGregor is yes.

>>crowd was made of painted Q-tips that jumped up and down when blasted with compressed air
cute

>Dat mini Prince Xizor

He's a big guy

The only thing this thread is doing is making me realize Star Wars was never good, the characters are mostly shit with horrible backstories that aren't fleshed out, and we are idiots for ever liking them let alone causing them to become the cultural phenomenon they have become.

>Checking quads
>Calls them dubs

movies were all around good.
They just immediately lacked any over arching threat.

Like how plinkett (sorry) said that queen amadalla never changed her routines for threat of an assassin. That's kind of the big problem with the movie. There wasn't a through line or driving force. Things just happened out of stupiditiy or ignorance. Most people just went to location X because they were told to by the jedi counsel or something.

Like imagine if when she went to naboo she was still in hiding, and anakin had to go out to buy food for her. Have like a little quip with him using the force to trick people that recognized him to go away. Then have some bonding moments where they both huddle together in a cave to build their relationship.

They're double dubs dumb dumb

also checked.

The podracing and Darth Maul alone make TPM worth it. Watching the gungans get slaughtered was icing on the cake

>Correcting quad calling
>Gets trips
The Force is strong in this one.

The soundtrack was excellent. Way better than episode VII

Star Wars is literally Capeshit Alpha Edition.

you could write for marvel

Besides maybe that little bouncy tube that played when Rey slid down the hill in the beginning, there really wasn't any interesting music to speak of in VII.

Fucking Mary Sue!

>Bouncy tube
Meant tune.

Wew

I want Rey to bounce on my little tube if you get what I'm saying.

They had the best lighsaber fight

>you could write for marvel
S-sorry

wew lad

No

ILM are responsible for Davy Jones and Rango. They are still the ones pushing shit even if it's "computer trickery". No other VFX or animation house has made anything like Rango. go back to your cave little caveman

no. i mean star wars 9. not another prequel.

I loved The Bride, I Loved and rooted for Ripley, Sarah Conner, Selene, A lot of Cynthia Rothrock's stuff. Watched La fem Nikita? Both the French and English version.

And the bride, you cock sucker, wasn't poorly explained in the first, because you see, originally, Kill Bill was one film. The studio forced it into two.

anyone else think the prequels could have been goat if Lucas lets someone else write/edit the script and someone else direct.

The guy had a god tier vision of the prequels but fucked up the execution of it pretty badly.
We can see this clearly with the clone wars cartoon

stahp

Get the fuck off my chan, you RLM cock sucker! Go tell Mike to go suck Mickey Mouse's cock again along with Rey's cock.

>no. i mean star wars 9. not another prequel.
9? not 8?

>answers no
>doesn't even name a better one

Oh wait because there is none

I could give a fuck, it's all fuck, fuck rey, fuck jar jar, fuck the fag, fuck the negro fuck chewie fuck them all, STAR WARS ENDED WITH SIX.

EAT SHIT, ALL OF YOU DISNEY COCK SUCKERS!

3's final fight if you want to stay in the prequels.

>mfw I get trips

>STAR WARS ENDED WITH SIX.
yeah but rebel one is before 6.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

Serious question, why does he have a red lightsaber?

x wings

Nope that was overdramatized garbage with no impact because we already knew what would happen. All backed up by Hayden's cringe worthy dialogue

Take your risperdal SaganFan1983.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH ORION DESIGN IS SUPERIOR I HATE YOU THIS IS INDECENT AND I AM BEING CYBERBULLIED

It's an easier color to track against the green

>fight scene with no pyschology is better than the fight scene that actually had a shred of humanity in it

Because the emperor allowed him to keep his lightsabre, but he needed to show that hes fallen to the dark side.

Fuck the rat and everything star wars post their purchase from the one true master of all things, Star Wars (George Lucas). Fuck Disney the Rat, JJ the Hack and Lucasfilm the Cancer.

Fuck you, I'm not reading that drivel. Print that bitch out and shove it down your cock hole, you incorrigible cock sucker.

>no impact because we already knew what would happen.
It's about the way we get there.

>Obi wan losing his master and forcing himself to become more than a padawan lacks humanity

>lucas specal /practical effect are amongs the best ones for 70's movies
Said no one. Star Wars got a lot of hate for destroying cinema with it's "made for everyone" attitude. Critics at the time argued Jaws and Star Wars killed adult cinema and storytelling.

yeah it did, like the actor was probably like, hey should I swing my light sabre more angrilly? and george is like, no that's to human lets just make it a ballet.

Oh, that makes sense. It's all digital anyway.

You must have missed the part after Qui Gon dies and obi wan gets pissed. Still better than anything involving Hayden

>obi wan gets pissed
>remains perfectly calm in his fight

I think you miss my point.

they used green against blue as well

The lightsaber duels. Also the behind the scenes content in the Blu-ray and DVD releases are great.

very creative

I watched the original DVD behind the scenes way back when, they got to choose their colors. There was a box,they chose.

Maybe, but they sure as hell would not have given Ewan a blue blade while doing blue screen work. I know the hilt was chosen by them and other actors. In post though, NONE of them got red and obi-wan never used green. So you are remembering something. The minor actors may have had a choice, but anakin and obi-wan didn't.

You should probably watch the fight again, he gets A LOT more aggressive after Qui Gon dies

And then he fucking bullshits his way to slicing Maul in half.

any new star wars will never capture the same bond like obi wan and anakin

They're gonna try with Poe.

Sheev is the greatest thing to ever come from any movie, period.

>its okay for rey to be a mary sue because characters in other movies were mary sues
great argument dude! TFA is unattackable

Remember how after people initially started attacking Rey for being a Mary Sue, Disney released that footage of Daisy Ridley lifting weights and whatnot.
Like the actress being strong means the character she plays is strong by association.

Fucking good times.

Aka he uses the force like every Jedi in every fight

Jar Jar

we didnt get enough grievous desu

>tha force is why they won

Deus ex machina isn't better when it's given an in universe name.

Hey man if we want to discuss deus ex machina I think the high ground magically appearing for obi is about the same

Just rewatched it, he got a little more agressive then it just disappears.

In fact I just rewatched all of it and it's worse than I remember. Not even trying to be negative about the scene, quigon kneeling and stuff was cool as shit, but the rest of the fight lacked any tension.

i thought they chose the lightsaber handle
not the color

He had a retarded fighting style. I thought he was going to be cool.

KEK

It's like poetry.
It rhymes.

>she has far more of a reason to be a good fighter and Jedi than Luke ever did.
It's fiction. Anything can be explained or justified. My issue with Rey isn't that she's too competent compared to Luke, exactly; my issue is that she renders most of her scenes boring.

This desu senpai

He looked best in full Jesus mode.

I liked these droids.

pure kino

He was cool in the Clone wars series

>Tap its nose
What did he mean by this?

he seems ok to me

The OST. I wish it wasn't wasted on these movies. I feel like the prequel OST's are some of the only examples where Williams' score doesn't sound like a re-imagining of already existing music.

And a good friend

The core story concept - how a society destroys itself - is very profound and intriguing.

Pity it was written by George "lets-film-my-1st-draft" Lucas.

Holy shit.

What the fuck is this from?

The best

fpbp

I never knew how much I wanted this to happen. Optimal catharsis achieved.

Sheev
Anakin's redpilling
Awesome Worldbuilding
Natalie Portman leather dress

In. Every. Hole.

This.

one good thing about the Prequels.

Because of them, george lucas will never work again.

Ian McDiarmid brought it. But the fucking spastic make-up for the Emperor was laughable in ROTS.

How in the name of fuck does the make-up look WORSE than it did in ROTJ - 22 years earlier?

The Plinkett reviews are fun

White people died

the behind the scenes and making of videos

2 and 3 are as great as Star Wars can be. Much better than all the other movies.

1 is outdated shit, though.

Hayden is fucking beautiful.

He's enamored by the pulp style which is "first draft=last draft, get it out the door".

>no one posted the gif yet

Its JK:JA with the movie battles mod. you can get it on steam

It's better than TFA

It was a while ago.

Anakin's saber hilt is so fucking unwieldy. I don't know how he could fight with it.

Qui-Gon had the best lightsaber.

the yoda swordfight had me laughing till I cried. That's how cgi should be used

>both hobby nerds with vision

Totally. That fight was incredible. Watch the TPM webisode about the fight choreography, then watch the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan/Maul fight again. Even better when you watch it in slow-motion. Every swing would be a killing stroke if it wasn't blocked. It was intensely choreographed, yes. But the actors literally had to block every lightsaber swing, or they'd get hit somewhere tender.
And I think they're the first real use of the "BWOOOMMMMMMMM" sound.
Maul's character should have been merged with Dooku, and he should have lived until Anakin killed him in Episode III. As it was, Maul was basically a goon that could use the Force.
I want to tongue fuck every indentation on her body.
"It's SHEEEE-zor." ..."Shee-zor...who knew?"
Seriously. I was afraid of having the buzz-saw lightsaber-hands. I really wanted him to fight like he had four independent arms that could swing lightsabers well. And after I saw the Clone Wars (2D) cartoon, he should have used his feet to fight, too. (Think of the robot in Red Planet. Yes, shitty movie, but cool robot.)
Totally. It's like someone redid the RotJ makeup from a fuzzy memory. Of course, in RotS, his scars were fresh, and still probably swollen. By Jedi, they'd healed into some floppy scar tissue, and we didn't see things like his forehead-ass.

I've got the Force FX version of Luke's (/Anakin's/Rey's) lightsaber, and it's pretty damn uncomfortable to hold and swing. (Vader's is even worse.) I think Obi-Wan's Episode 1 saber, Mace Windu's, or Kit Fisto's would be the sabers I'd most want to actually swing around.

The fight choreography was great.

He's the best defensive duelist for sure. Even Mace Windu praised his skills.

>those lightsaber hums meshing with the Duel of the Fates chorus

The scene you are remembering is Ewan choosing his hilt.

High
Ground
Technique

nothing

They were actually sci-fi, and didn't exist exclusively to push an agenda.

it created jobs

One good thing about the Prequels.

I always like this one, even though it s a bit lewd

> anons here are so contrairian to actually say the prequals are better

>soley becuase the majorityof people hate it

They were long ago and far,far away....

Oh. It was a while ago. I've seen a thousand films since then.

they were a good friend

Obligatory.

Uh, this is a side thing, but... the Prequels had great toy lightsabers. The non-electronic ones with the blades that went all the way in, clicked inside, and could be attached to your belt when necessary.

They were great for costumes, and for a while they even mixed-and-matched colors. It was amazing.

And now, we have that Bladebuilders crap. If you want a non-electronic, collapsible lightsaber, you need one with no switchplate that risks opening when you don't want it to, no belt clip, and a hollow pommel because they're all made to attach to others like some psychotic sword Voltron.

I want these back dammit.

Obi Wan used the high ground and it was super effective

Lucas got money and a new batch of boys to play with win/win

>Qui-Gon had the best lightsaber.
Damn right. If i had a lightsaber, I'd want one like that. The toy version is so comfy to hold.

Good political parody of what was going on at the time, Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid, the fact that Clones are so objectively better than Stormtroopers, the music was easily equal to the OT and in some cases even better (Duel of Fates)

yeah. i regret not getting them when i was younger.

Music was still fantastic for all three prequels. Duel of the Fates goes without saying.

He was cool

is fighting style all that matters? he had a sick design and voice, better than any of the other villains in SW

and he still managed to be threatening with all of those coughs

although I was disappointed as fuckafter seeing him in Genndy's clone wars

its nice for children

I don't need to say anything beyond this

What was he even in besides these movies? I remember a crime film and that's it.

he was in that movie where he was running from the dark

Jumper

I haven't seen them in a long time but am I wrong in believing the pacing (of all 3 movies together as a story overall) is fucked?

I feel like if they moved some shit around and showed more Sheev in the Phantom Menace, along with maybe including some of the shit from the Clone Wars (mainly adult Anakin) instead of a lot of what they did show, Anakin's fall to the dark side could have been much more believable and powerful

There's probably some foreshadowing that I don't remember but I remember feeling like most of the angst that led to Anakin's corruption was shoved into the final movie. If they had let it play out slower over a longer period of time and spent more time portraying Sheev as a secondary mentor to Anakin, as well as maybe having a situation where Padme was in immediate danger and for some reason Anakin needed Sheev's help or having him do something morally wrong in the direct act of saving her be his turning point it could have been great

Anakin's turning point with Mace and Sheev just felt really unrealistic, like it was the wrong moment for him to do it. Even if I'm retarded and there was tons of foreshadowing I'm forgetting, Anakin's journey to becoming Vader could have been handled way better

They make Cred Forums mad

When some popular name does an episode about how bad the sequels are we'll get the same response.

I still have mine.
Those were great for beating the piss out of your buddies with.

>not appreciating the screensaver aesthetic