Season 2

If you don't compare any of it with the 1st season. Forget season 1 exists...

is it good?

it is good.
but you just cant watch it without thinking about S01.
it will always stand under the shadow of S01 although S02 is a leggit 9/10

You know what?

what?

This. Season 2 just wasn't as straight forward as season 1 and I think that turned people off.

still no
>too many characters,
>not enough time to give each of them proper resolution, or even flush out their stories
>shitty plot. Legally speaking and story wise
>I honestly didnt give a fuck about anything they were trying to do. nobody was in danger like the shit the cult did in S1 and anyone that was in danger it was their own stupid fault for being involved
>all those stories trying to be mashed together came out sloppy and lazy
>they dug themselves into a corner and killed everyone to end it

I mean I like how they tried something different with a noir story, but it was overall rushed and came out sloppy in a lot of ways. HBO even flat out said it, their studio didnt stand by their own product. thats when you know its bad

Nothing. How was your day?

I liked it

> (7)
fuck off

The foretelling had nothing to do with season 1, so its still not as good.

>season 2
1. The writing was horribly contrived
2. Poorly cast
3. Plot was erratic and often incoherent
>season 1
1. The dialogue may have been a bit arched, but the ideas were presented in a near flawless fashion
2. Perfect cast
3. Kept me engaged throughout

believe me, if it was good on its own merits there would be a season 3, instead of s2 being a butt of a joke for a year.

Or make your own

No it's still shit.

has there been any writer/showrunner who has lost so much face after one season? Terrence Winter comes to mind with Vinyl, but he still has The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire to his name. Pizzolatto has one stellar season of TD and one lousy one. nothing else of note.

I think that people would appreciate the atmosphere and the performances but they'd still dislike the story and most of the characters.

Season 1 casts a shadow on Season 2, and I'm holding the fucking candle Ray.

You gotta break a couple eggs to make an omelette Ray, and I'm the mother hen.

What's the consensus on Fargo season 2? I only managed to see an episode and a half. Bored me to death.

>secret societies of evil satanic corrupt elite
Why do they always beat around the bush in this show?

absolutely fantastic for like 7 episodes and the last 2 are just fucking terrible, like amazingly terrible

il try to avoid spoilers but they just fuck all their shit up and make a pathetic nonsensical attempt to connect to the first season in such a stupid way that literally makes zero sense even with suspension of disbelief and that connection itself is just meaningless

instead of the constant barrage of negative criticism, how about we list what we actually liked about season 2? overall, it was definitely a failure, but it did have a few bright spots, including:

>Colin Farrell as Det Velcoro, especially the coke n whiskey montage
>the Birdman shooting scene
>Vaughn v Velcoro kitchen table scene
>Vince Vaughn's final scene

i think that's about all the bright spots.

i disagree. they exceeded the grasp of the show, but i wouldn't say they were terrible. to each their own, though. i will definitely say everything but the last couple of episodes were truly, ahem, stellar.

rollan

it had good moments and scenes and the overall "arcs" that the characters go through are good but it just doesnt fit well together along with weird and sometimes cringy dialogue and completly unsatisfactory ending, like they go over the top with the bleakness to try and drive a point, like rays message to his son failing to go through, i mean come the fuck on.

one of the best second seasons around. what was it exactly that bored you? the first episode was great.

the last 2 episodes aren't bad

only plebs hated the ufo
the last episode was just weird because mostly everything was already solved in the previous episode.

I wouldn't say the end is that bad
The whole series is worth it for episode 8 though

If I pretend I've never seen another television show in my life, then I would assume it would appear groundbreaking and amazing. Unfortunately I HAVE seen the first season, as well as countless police serials, and the second season sucked ass.

>Vince Vaughn's final scene
kino

I also thought Taylor Kitsch's character was really well done

It's a minor thing but I liked the character's names. Velcoro, Bezzerides, Chessani etc. I like weird sounding names in films and not the usual ones like "Jim Davis" or something. It's kind of a cliche.

plebs couldn't follow it

Rollin

;_;

any news on season 3?

I didn't like any of the characters and the story seemed uninteresting.

it wasn't a difficult plot to follow. the issue was no one really cared because the narrative was handled so shoddy.

Rolling.

iirc they last said they're taking a 3 year hiatus. mel gibson's supposedly cast with a bunch of chicks thrown in for diversity or some bullshit.

Rolling for truth

Speaking of which, will s03 ever happen?

S2 > S1

Season 2 was a beautiful mess