5 GHOST IN THE SHELL TEASERS

Get in here.

youtube.com/watch?list=PLVjwdZylAT2m2nfBKVXeCupsbV3PGmRVU&v=q7Tm73m0VZs

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7XdJcM542Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=aYmrIvIgt3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like what I see and I also liked the '95 film.

Never read the manga nor watched the TV show though.

Set looks like a cheap tv show and is upstaged in terms of set design and atmosphere by something made 34 years ago (bladerunner)

Binge watch stand alone complex.

Its so good. I kind of get a vibe like its the lovechild of CSI/LAW And ORDER / The first ghost in the shell film.

Here's a fan edit of all five of them together:

youtube.com/watch?v=7XdJcM542Lo

i sorta like some of it but then again its a teaser so who knows really how they're gonna fit everyhing together.

at least it looks intriguing so maybe they're going in for something more obscure and profound instead of hollywood action garbage.

i really hope they get the tone and atmosphere right so that the whole thing feels at least coherent.

despite all of that it's probably going to be absolute shit.

I like the way the teasers are done because of how little they reveal. Gets you interested.

Binge watch both seasons. Second season is all about a refugee crisis after a war. SOUND FAMILIAAAAAAR?

I'm going through like 500 films I have in my HDDs

Wont see it anytime soon, gotta watch about 10tbs of films before it lol

yeah, but im sure we can also expect 5 more trailers that give away the entire plot

Actually looks like they nailed the tone.

Scarlett Johnansson is still the laziest fucking casting choice. A Japanese story, set in Japan, about Japanese people and they decide to go with some American chick just because she was in Avengers. Cry about "star power" and the attempt to draw in a general audience, but it doesn't make the casting any less fucking horrible.

>tfw they won't do a nude scene

It's because Japan doesn't have good actors.

Lazy I'll give you, but considering the Major's "body" is artificial, it doesn't have to be Asian obviously. I'm glad they got Takeshi though. Guy's an amazing actor.

Is that supposed to be a replication of this shot?

I think so, and that one is much better. The silhouette against the city backdrop is pure kino

>it's supposed to be a window
>it's literally a huge screen

yeah now that i think about it it's amazing how little effort they put into it.

isn't she a little bit fat to play The Ghost?

So they're clearly trying to make these previews appeal to the audience that knows the source material.

How are they going to fuck it up and make the actual movie normie friendly?

Rap soundtrack

Why is the Major so shaky? Awful. Almost as bad as that reproduction of the opening credit shot. The rest of it actually looks better than expected.

5/10

When Scarjo tries to look serious she just ends up looking confused

I remember hearing on Cred Forums that the Tachikoma were cast as a female comedian.

Any source on that? Was it bullshit?

What's the best way to get into the series ? I really like the concept and aesthetics of the show/movie

How does ScarJo manage to look uglier and uglier with every movie she makes?

If you've watched the movies and the show then read the manga and you're done. Arise is optional

Capeshit is dead. Animekino is the future.

Some guy from NZ on here ages ago said that they were just tanks and weren't going to have personalities. They did actually build the front half of them though, so that's something.

Arise is fuck awful, has anyone seen the new movie that spawned off it?

Isn't she supposed to be naked ?

Anyways, this movie will bomb. Pretty obvious.

As far as i know it was bullshit, the comedian in question was Kristen Schaal known for her squeaky weird voice if you've seen GravityFalls or Bob's burgers, it would be the perfect equal to what tachikomas sound like

Is this new marvel movie?

looks like shit

Yeah Ghost Rider 2099

It's not awful, it's just generic and boring making it a bad GiTS series. THe new movie isn't as bad as the series, it's mildly entertaining, but just mildly. Hopefully production IG will more effort into a future teration.

Alot better than the original.

-Asian Americans/ Keyboard warriors/ People who never watched the anime before:
"This is so RACIST," "
"she has an asian name. Why is she white?",
"WHITEWASHING"

-Japanese People:
"WOW this looks cool",
"OMG. Western countries likes our stuff and is adapting it!",
"Of course she's white.. you're in a western country",
"This would have pissed us off more had she been a non-japanese asian"

- People who watched the anime before and knows the plot:
"Well yea. She's a cyborg. She can change her body into however she wants",
"Her name is only her code name. Her race was never disclosed",
"Her being white is totally plausible and within the plot" ,
"Wow! Looks like we will finally get a good live action anime movie!",
"They better not fuck up this movie like Dragon Ball and Avatar"

il admit i was a bit pessimistic about this but it actually looks like it could be a decent movie and follow the tone and atmosphere of the original movie, im mildly surprised actually i thoughgt this would just turn into an action schlockfest, hell you realise if this makes money we could get an akira movie or a bebop movie and a whole bunch over shit years down the line, the same way the first x men movies success created all these comic book movies

Teasers look fine but again it only the teasers.
The fact people are shitting on these teasers looking "omg so horrible" discredits the fans. It's shows no matter what they shit out, the fan opinion will be the same and nothing can change that.

You aren't a smart person of exquisite taste because you called the movie shit earlier then the next person.

Say what you want about the chances of the movie being good, but if you are calling the movie horrible as these couple shot teasers then you are retarded.

its such a laughable shitshow to read sometimes

Did they even try?

>at least it looks intriguing so maybe they're going in for something more obscure and profound instead of hollywood action garbage
my exact thought, but at the same time it looks surprisingly cheap, like the sets and costumes

I personally wan't to see more footage of the enviroments
I've always wanted to see how the paints in the animated film would transition to real life
this one doesn't look that bad, but lacks the subtlety of the original

Cool low res screencap at the bottom there VERY objective

The chick from Pacific Rim could have fit nicely

The lighting is too even and the window too small to replicate what is an iconic shot in the original.

Just looks normal where the other is instantly striking, you don't need resolution to spot this.

I actually like the movie's aesthetic quite a lot. Of course it will never beat the original, but the Major's apartment in the original movie appears a lot more 'lived in' compared to the live action version. In the manga she spends time there but never once in the original movie do we see her just hanging out there, making her apartment as barren as possible adds an element of personality to it.

Japan hates her cuz she got naked and stuff

she can barely speak english fluently. It would sound awkward most of the times

so make the other shots look just as shitty then

I mean... Silhouettes are a pretty tried and true part of cinematography. Having an apartment look "lived in" is not more important than constructing a beautiful shot.

the Major is having an existential crisis/mental breakdown in the 95 film, I can see some shakiness being appropriate if they're continuing the "maybe you're not yourself" vibe

Yeah, she could totally be white
>was in the nip military
>works under the Ministry of Internal Affairs

And she doesn't change body types like you change clothes. They are all somewhat based on her main look in the show and films. Even if they came up with a reason to justify it here it's bullshit because it wasn't a plot necessity it came from a extrinsic demand to cast a white actress. Why would Motoko willingly aggravate her existential doubts using a foreign body for a prolonged time?

>insular as fuck japs giving a fuck about representation outside of their country
It's not like they are the ones directly affected. They wouldn't get someone that only speaks moon as the lead. Asian american actors are the ones getting shafted. Don't act like you wouldn't be flipping your shit if they went with a black actress. It's the same fucking bullshit, you just feel neutral about it here because it's Scarjo, not Shaniqua.

Sure, I would have preferred a more visually attractive shot as well, certainly something closer to the original. However, there is a lot of exposition in the live action trailer with just that one shot. Instantly, even if you've never even heard of the series before, you know she isn't a normal person based entirely off of her living situation with zero dialogue.

I don't think it has to be a one to one copy, if it can stand on it's own then let it. What I'm really concerned about is the soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=aYmrIvIgt3g

pretty sure beat takeshi will take pretty much anything he is offered if it has grimdark yakuza streets of tokyo overtones

>set in Japan
Set in ambiguous future Asian locale drawn off Hong-Kong

lol weebshit

xDD

What did they mean with this lighting?

Set in a fictional Japanese city based on Hong Kong.

The series yes, not the movies.

Who's doing the soundtrack?

I just want them to have this outfit.

She's a fucking robot why does she have to look like a chink girl ? What is this "muh manga adaptations MUST have gook actorszz REEEEEE" bullshit ? Wait and see the bloody film then judge the performance !

Can't pay 10 million for a big name then put her in silhouette.

It looks so shit. Dredd budget levels of shit. post apocalyptic cyberpunk films are dead.

Almost as if they're teasing you

>Triggered ching

Go eat a green tea Kit Kat or something

As a sjw I'm predisposed to dislike the casting, but this looks pretty good and all-inclusive racial production besides the main raceswap

It gets a clear in my book

Seems like it has some pretty sweet cinematography desu, but I still have no real expectations. Could be a surprising hit or total garbage.

>post apocalyptic

lmao have you ever watched the movies or read the manga

the major isn't asian in the anime or movie you fucking dick sucking thick glasses purple hair dyke

how many fucking times do I have to say this

None of which are America.

I hate how the "well her body can look like anything!" argument means that she of course ends up looking white. If they hired a black actress you wouldn't hear the end of the bitching here.

There's a lack of asian americans in decent roles, and japan itself doesn't tend to go in for live action adaptions as much. GiTS's narrative is also strongly tied to japanese(and general east asian) history and culture even if it's fairly universably relatable too.

People living in japan might not be having a negative reaction to it because it's not something they have much connection to. Crazy Gaijin can do whatever. But for asian americans who actually exist at that intersection it sort of fucking sucks to get cheated out of yet another role you could have seen yourself in.

"Motoko Kusanagi"
"Not asian"

uhuh

0/10

im not passing judgement on the teaser clips until i see a full trailer.
but the tone seems to be on point. and Kitano looks good as Chief Aramaki.

I don't care, it doesn't matter to me if the hollywood version is shit or not cause GITS already has a great library of movies and tv series. Pretty much everything made by Oshii and the Stand Alone Complex series is a 10/10.

Its gonna be shit

Why does hollywood keep shitting on my animes
Why cant they put the effort and talent they put into super hero movies

This is the only acceptable outfit.

Why the fuck would a Japanese covert operative, living and working in japan with a Japanese name have a white body? There is literally no reason to expect this to be the case. Scarjo obviously got the role because she would appeal more to the average American idiot. Why should this obvious pandering to uncultured, unintelligent movie goers not be criticized?

That cityscape shot is all wrong.

It is missing the billion lights, giant billboards, and giant neon company signs. That are staple of cyperpunk, especially japanese cyberpunk, settings.

the original didn't have that

because scarjo has brand recognition that puts butts in theater seats.

They should have gone with Rinko and or Antje Traue.

I just can't get over how shit the ScarJo's casting is and I'm not even worried about the fact she's not Japanese. My problem is that she can't deliver lines to save her life and her presence on the screen is terrible. Nothing about her says soldier, much less cyborg supersoldier.

so good. i watched the 95 film this morning

they are obviously copying this shot.

that's what I was alluding too, this shot doesn't have any of the standard flashy Cyberpunk design elements so I have no idea why that user wanted it.
Unless he's never actually seen GiTS

She's also supposed to be naked.

I bet they won't have Tachi/Fuchi/Uchi/Logi-komas.

The little spider tanks are essential part of the story.

>new movie
You mean the series finale? I know it was released in theatres (and I went to see it), but it was just wrapping up the story.

Arise was decent. Worst GitS, but still a solid 7/10.

She's a fucking robot.

The only bad casting is Togusa who even as an asian man looks NOTHING like the character remotely.

Yeah, and there is no giant neon signs or huge billboards like that user was talking.

This movie is going to suck and I'm not going to ruin my love for the original by watching it.

omg, if trump is elected, the world will come to an end. listen to me, i'm a rich celebrity that gets paid to play pretend.

I would have preferred an asian lead because I find asians qt but I'm okay with a white lead because it's a white country making the movie. I understand that the main gripe people have with the casting is that they think the us is a multicultural country and that movies should therefore reflect that.

But personally I just think scarjo doesn't fit the role at all. I think she's a bad actress.

Borma turning into a skinny black guy is some pretty bad casting as well, he could at least be fat.

Should have gotten multiple women to be the Major.

Each one a different ethnicity and in a different location.

The movie never telling us which one is the Major's true appearance.

Just like how the Major had multiple bodies in the second Manga, or has her Chroma avatar in cyber space.

this movie will be far from kino

maybe bordering bad flick

this is gonna be another "ultraviolet" kind of movie, without good visual scenes, it's gonna fail to interpetate the manga, and it's gonna be a bland grayfest with very "dark" snyder filters

>there will never be season 3 SAC
I'm about to re-re-re-re-rewatch 2nd Gig just for how accurate that shit was with refugees

Literally how did they do it

>mfw I first realized Goda is a stand-in for Soros

somewhat related, back when Phantom Pain was being hyped I was 100% convinced Skull Face would be a reference to Goda, boy was that that off by a bit

>you will never shoot Soros in his smug face just when he thinks he can leave with immunity
sucks that America is the bad guy both in fiction and now in real life

honestly doesn't look bad, not amazing, but not bad

are the dislikes cuz MUH WHITES

I don't see the big deal. Scarlett is an A-List star and movies need big name actors for the box office. No shit they aren't gonna cast an Asian actress. And if Asians are asspained, they can go back to where they came from and watch movies that star their own people.

asians arent asspained, tumblrinas are

The asspain goes beyond tumblrinas. It's not so much "muh minorities" but frustration that they took a well established Japanese character and went ahead with some big name American and the two just don't fit on any level.

THE

ENTIRE

CAST

EXCEPT

THE

CHIEF

LOOKS

SHIT

GIVING NO FUCKS ABOUT RACE.

This is an American film casting an Asian would be stupid

Then why is the rest of the cast entirely asian?

In a future world of trans and post-humanism, it doesn't seem far off.

Ran out of money to get Scarjo.

>In the wake of the controversial choice to cast Scarlett Johansson as the lead of the Hollywood adaptation of the Japanese anime franchise “Ghost in the Shell,” ScreenCrush reports that producers of the film tested digital visual effects that would make actors look more Asian.

>"No visual effects tests were conducted on Scarlett’s character and we have no future plans to do so," the studio said.

What a shame, that could've turned a forgettable movie into something fucking hilarious

It's a teaser trailer.

Probably hasn't gone through serious post-processing/lighting yet.

The buildings in the background for example of the shot in the teaser, definitely look like they are "stand in"

Why would she need to speak English you fucking retard

Correct my man.

This is my thinking too. There are a tonne of better choices.

I never asked for this.
Looks fucking terrible.