twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Were they both autistic?

>tfw I lost my virginity to a 40 year old IRL Mrs. Robinson the other day
>she was my ex step mother
>I enjoyed every second of it
>and so did she

Was she hot though?

I said "IRL Mrs. Robinson" didn't I?

now was this supposed to symbolize their uncertain future or their non existent feelings for one another?

No

Brendan Fraser's ex BAM the future of my marriage

MRS BOUVIER

I get that he's crazy what with the stalking and general spoiled rich kid shenanigans but what was her problem? She was basically a doormat for her parents and Hoffman through the whole movie. She really has no believable emotions through the entire film until the end.

Also fun fact: They got this shot by telling the actors that they had stopped filming so they're really just hanging out being neutral

Remember when they wanted to remake this with Shia, Kate Mara, and Diane Lane? That Levy guy was directing.

I thought the whole of it was fantastic but the ending in particular stuck with me

whats up with this and other 70s movies (one flew over the coocoos nest/Urban Cowboy/taxi driver/last american virgin) having these really downer endings with no real catharsis?

>every second of it

how many seconds are we talking about here?

Modernism

Sometimes downer endings are better than happy endings. The Graduate's ending is perfect. Anyway, back in the late 60s Hollywood were failing to connect with audiences so they got desperate and gave a ton of young directors full creative control of their films. They were able to get away with having downer endings because the executives weren't able to force the directors into making the endings happy.

The Holy Mountain.
2001: A Space Odyssey.

America was pretty gloomy back in the 70s. Hippies were everywhere and were constantly fighting for civil rights, conservatives hated hippies and were deeply upset over America losing Vietnam, and Vietnam veterans were social pariahs because both the hippies and the conservatives neglected them and treated them like shit.

Feels pretty familiar to today senpai

Wayne's World 2

Waltz with Me

I just loved this movie especially the ending, on the bus, Ben and ms Robinsons daughter.

Ms Robinson was hot too, had my own ms Robinson when i was 18-19, a woman had problems getting her car through inspection and i fixed it.

Her name was Ann-Eva and when i went over she tried everything to indicate she wanted some action but young as i was i did not understand.

One day she called and when i got there she told me to sit in the kitchen while she got dressed so i sat down.

In she came, nude, sat astride my lap, finally i understood :D:

She was hot and 28, 2 kids and i was 18 and young I will never forget her ever :D.

>Ann-Eva
Yeah, as in Ann-Eva Happened! Ammirite guys!

It happened :D. Myself i was really totally unaware until she straddled me nude. Life was different in the 80s, women were hot, men were nice and society was heaven,

Yoink!

That iguana is mine

Yeah but now Hollywood knows what appeals to the lowest common denominator so instead of letting artists make good films that reflect the times they pump out bland shit that appeals to the masses.

It shows their regret at a hasty decision they took only to be contrarian, and which will have shitty consequences for both of them, the consequence essentially being that the same will happen to them as to mr. and mrs. robinson. ie history repeats itself.
>pottery

Easy Rider and Bonnie and Clyde come to mind as well

I know, right? Truly born in the wrong generation.

Post pics faggot

How old are you?

Enemy

Hal?

true kino ending

youtube.com/watch?v=v4jng0ZBRUs

TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK

I don't think that's an iguana.

right here

youtube.com/watch?v=bHKE_L76JG4

The feels, man...

youtube.com/watch?v=VXNfxK5Q2Qg

:,^{

The Heartbreak Kid is better

One of my favorite endings mos def.

>The Holy Mountain.
This. Greatest ending in cinema history.

i think any other ending for the graduate would be disingenuous

they only want each other because their families don't want them to be together

zero chance their relationship lasts based on what it was built on so i think that's a cheeky way to show that realization hit them so quickly at the end when they finally get what they (think) they want

youtube.com/watch?v=VEzhpamOVj8

fuck man, that one hit me hard

I want iguana

Oh you!

That's a crocodile.

>Ms. Robinson
Cred Forums
>Elaine Robinson
Reddit

Prove me wrong

My iguana

I still don't know what 'kino' and 'canon' mean...and I still haven't looked it up either

More kino ending: The Neon Demon by N. W. Refn.

Based Sorcerer.

five easy pieces?

new directors wanting to do something different

also didn't studios exist in the decades before that films should have happy endings? not sure. more sex and violence in the 70s too. it's kind of cathartic in a way. i'm always drawn to 70s american film, especially road movies. really underrated

it probably has a tidier link to post-modernism. 70s was after the next generation of conceptual artists had been established in the art world with artistic responses to modernist formalism (abstract expressionism) e.g. institutional critique, neo-dada, pop art, minimalism, etc. the time-frame matches up

Forrest Gump ending

youtu.be/351Aa5q_S98

>and so did she
no she didn't

dustin hoffman is a 5'4 ugly jew, am i supposed to believe he's attractive?

Man, Katharine Ross is really underrated as one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood history.

>also didn't studios exist in the decades before that films should have happy endings?

idk, some of the golden era movies like Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, have downer/depressing endings

I didn't expect this film to be as good as it was.

This man speaks the truth. She's absolutely gorgeous.

"Frontiers are where you find them"

youtube.com/watch?v=gHUqNCDwQj4

Final scene of sitting in an automobile kino? None better than Michael Clayton.
youtube.com/watch?v=FvqAmjTcVwE#t=1m

>easy
you can close the thread now

Top tier
youtu.be/lxNXtjGY_Us

If I win the iguana I'm naming it Malvolio

At Home Among Strangers
youtube.com/watch?v=IsihoZzrgBQ
The Steamroller and the Violin
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
youtube.com/watch?v=c3Dz6FOE_Gk
All Quiet on the Western Front