Did it beat The Witch for Horror-kino of the year?

Did it beat The Witch for Horror-kino of the year?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO

Haven't seen it but no

>The Witch
>Kino

Plebs actually believe this.

should i see this or dont breathe?

dat ain't Under the Shadow

See both

There hasn't been a single good horror movie released all year. I gave The Witch a second try since it's on Amazon Video and it was even worse than I remembered.

>the exact same thing that happened 20 years ago
>BUT THIS TIME IT'S LOUDER AND IN HD

Who the fuck can defend this.
Nostalgia needs to die.

Don't breathe is fucking superb.

Was it really that funny?

If you can only see one - Don't Breathe.

>hyped massively by horror review sites
>everyone else sees it
>score drops like a fucking stone

So is it good or not? Tons of critics are snooty as fuck when it comes to horror.

>Tons of critics are snooty as fuck when it comes to horror
Which is why films like Conjuring, Paranormal and similar films from that same cookie cutter company usually receive decent scores, right?
drink bleach

I told you exactly what it is.
Literally the exact same thing happens to the new characters. They go into the woods. They see stick people. They hear noises. They find the house in the end. The ONLY interesting aspect is a twist in the last few minutes - but it's not enough to warrant sitting through 90% of been there done that.

It's basically a remake with a less subtle direction. Tons of cheap scares - loud noises - etc. etc.

The scariest parts of the original were the quietest moments. The part where they hear their friend calling to them from very far away at night still gives me chills.

Horror is seen as low-brow. There are obviously plenty of horror movies that are well received, but plenty others get shit on because the genre is perceived to be beneath drama, thriller, etc.

Why do you think a horror movie hasn't won best picture since Silence of the Lambs?

The VVitch and Blair Witch weren't even scary. The WWitch was enjoyable and all but in the end it's low budget held it back a bit. Blair Witch wasn't scary at all unless you think stick figures is horrifying.

Don't Breathe's twist made it legitimately fucking scary.

Have you seen Blair Witch?

Don't Breathe is the only good horror movie in a long time

This movie reminded me of that south park episode where the boys and Craig become a pan flute band and they also rip on Cloverfield with Randy's camera and Randy keeps screaming out of nowhere and startling himself. That actually happened in this movie with the silver haired girl, I couldn't fucking believe it.

Also they stole the concept of the sun not rising when it should from Grave Encounters and even the static walkie talkie when the monster is near by from Silent Hill. I don't understand why horror critics hyped this movie so much.

You probably need to view Blair Witch in a theatre to get the full experience, but you don't need to view don't breathe in the theatre to get the full experience