youtube.com/watch?v=UjgHbRrnjhU
youtube.com/watch?v=2NhF6zphSx8
youtube.com/watch?v=FlvQArvcW14
youtube.com/watch?v=DTWYQhTT388
youtube.com/watch?v=XXi_mVNeIb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yea that shit got me too

it was so unexpected

That scene from the original The Haunting, when all the characters are together in the master bedroom. They can hear something very large moving around upstairs, and it sounds like it's trying to get in.

youtube.com/watch?v=8yGqP0xAmWA

youtube.com/watch?v=yM25-lz1Yms

youtube.com/watch?v=TD0RJ_iuBPo

When I watched this as a kid this scene fucked me up more than anything else in the film.
I didn't know why at the time but thinking about it now I'd say its down to it being an excellent portrayal of a bad dream. Banal and familiar surroundings that still seem off kilter and quietly unsettling. Its how nightmares really are a lot of the time. Couple that with Pazuzu's first subliminal appearance and you've enough to make even the most resilient child worried about demonic dream invasions.

not a scene, but when i saw this as a kid i had to keep the fucking lights on all night

youtube.com/watch?v=UjgHbRrnjhU

youtube.com/watch?v=2NhF6zphSx8

between this and that fucked up slime zombie I was traumatized for years

only upon rewatching it years later did I realize the movie was a horror comedy

Mah nigga. Alot of people say common shit like Jaws or the Exorcist or Jacobs Ladder scare them as a kid but this one legit would terrify me as a child

Mostly because it was so unexpected, given that everything that happened earlier has a mundane explanation like the son faking the ghost footage

youtube.com/watch?v=FlvQArvcW14

This one and The Haunting remake around the same time scares the shit out of me. The Haunting more though for some reason. Really spooped me. One of the only movies to ever give me legit nightmares. Those spoopy baby heads on the bed and shit.

Fuck I hope I have that movie at home, I'm watching that shit tonight.

Excellent choice. Easily the most unnerving part of the film.

what is this? looking at the pic it seems familiar but i can't remember

What is that supposed to be?

Oh that scene scared the fuck out of me. And not just because of the jumpscare, I found the thought of seeing your own future dead body and knowing you're fucked genuinely unsettling.

It's Lake Mungo, an Aussie horror mockumentary.

How are my webms? Passable quality?

ROTLD is the only zombie movie that actually scares me, because their version of BEING a zombie is so fucked up.

That part in House on Haunted Hill, where the guy goes into the insanity machine and has all those hallucinations - one of which was the lady floating in the water getting closer and closer and then runs jumpscare.exe I always jump.

that creeped me the fuck out

youtube.com/watch?v=DTWYQhTT388
>those muffled screams

too afraid to open them, sorry senpai

god I hate horror

Sopranos had the best creepy/surreal scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=XXi_mVNeIb4

garbage

There's always been something kind of spooky to me about that depiction of the virgin Mary. I dunno why, I was raised Lutheran though.

Yep I about checked out of the move during this scene, super creative and super creepy. Too bad it got more derivative after she was relocated to the basement for

That scene from Mulholland Drive. You know the one.