As a child in the car, did you ever imagine a man running alongside the car dodging traffic and other obstacles...

As a child in the car, did you ever imagine a man running alongside the car dodging traffic and other obstacles? Has that ever been brought up in a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maladaptive_daydreaming
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe not that specifically but that kind of stuff I'm sure. Went on so many 8+ hour car trips when I was a kid.

FUCK these threads tbqh

why so serious?

that was in an episode of Clarence. i forgot which one.

YES

He would run with a katana folded over 10000000000 times and cut the light poles and signs in half and like STOP and perch on a rock for a split second and fall behind, but leap way ahead and catch up. He would also jump on top of the car for a bit, then jump back off and continue slicing light poles and shit.

Anime, man.

My guy just rode a skateboard or BMX and did tricks. So glad I didn't grow up with anime.

I did. A ninja. Wtf...

mine would only wear sneakers and poop on the side of the road

are you literally me?

I love you OP. I used to imagine a Ninja, usually blue and slicing people, signs, trees, bushes and shit. I remember that every now and then and it makes me happy. Thanks again OP.

All the time, I don't know why this is the first time its been brought to my attention in years.

It really spoke to my 11 year old friends and me when Dumb and Dumber talked about picture yourself running in the car.

Whenever I remember anything it just makes me cry.

I just want to go home.

:(

I...I thought ninja was my thing

Glad i'm not the only one who did that as a kid

>We all have this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maladaptive_daydreaming

Yes, mine was spiderman

Yeah but it was Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm fucken floored. You guys have to be my buddies from elementary.
I do sometimes user. I miss those simpler days. I just hope you have others to share these memories with.

Pajeet, I...

Weird, I used to imagine Sonic. I never even had a Sega

>I just hope you have others to share these memories with.
Does Satan count?

Why not? Be the same with any other diety people worship.

>kids today will not be this imaginative because of smartphones

Kids today are faggots. Fuck them all.

Did anyone else watch the lines dividing the highway lanes and pretend the dashes were tracer fire from enemy fighter planes or spaceships?

I used to imagine our car leaping from one shaded area to the next using its tires like legs like Speed Buggy

I remember.

i read somewhere that kids who did that shit, -usually- had autism

Even if I'm driving I still imagine smashing other cars off the road and grinding on highway rails and signs

Yep
Except it was a dude who could only run on grass and had to jump across concrete

No I'm not that autistic.

nigga this ain't burnout
probably the autism talking

Yes op! My guy wore a fedora and trench coat and he would slice the light poles in half, he was funny, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor and a he was a good friend, however, he went away after my parents properly medocated my autism

This takes me back

i'd like line up my finger and try to make it hop cars and trees and stuff. and if traffic slowed down i'd lose.

I used to do that too.

What was the jumping stick man's endgame?

A racially pure country

Could say the same thing about video games, retard.

the one i imagined used the pohone poles for swinging off of

This is almost as much a staple of childhood as having an imaginary best friend you dull, buttmad autist.

lol

Ninjas were a whole generation's thing. I'm guessing you're 30-35.

Ninjas never stopped being a thing, did it?

I actually imagined warcraft 3 heroes running along having to destroy all the cars, if they missed one then they were out.

lasers from boss spaceship

>Often times while maladaptive daydreamers are daydreaming they will whisper, talk, make facial expressions, or do some sort of repetitive movement, such as pacing

I am so bad for this.

It stopped being a thing and started being a meme somewhere around the early '00s.

do people not have a whole plot in their head when they daydream?

this is bs, they want everything to be a disorder

i used to picture DBZ characters battling each other at the pace the car was moving, yeah.

TIL my quirk has a name and I have it because of childhood emotional neglect. Maybe that's why I love movies so much. Thanks mom, I guess?

I think you're underestimating how detailed the daydreams have to be, and how much it interferes with your life.

how is it so many people had this game? i thought i was the only one

>tfw I've never daydreamed

Does anybody here still daydream about Star Wars and superhero type shit? 25 years old and I still can't help myself

who /snowboarder grinding on power lines/ here?
who /ssx tricky/ here?

I did until about 22/23. Moved on to more "realistic" shit: winning lottery, getting an ideal job, finding a girlfriend.

were you raised by a single mother who had to work a lot too?

I had a blade that extended from vaguely eye level that could cut through thin things like the spikes atop fences but had to dodge thicker and harder objects like large trees and stone fenceposts.

Fuck you guys. I just tried it and wrecked my car

>finding a girlfriend
that's the only thing I ever daydream about
also the thing I try to nightdream about to fall asleep

noice, blades from the tires could chop literally anything though

He also overestimates average people's imagination ability. Most plebs only think about sex and food all day.

You really don't know anything about what the average male thinks about do you?

tru

do you point a pretend rifle at things

I used to imagine a blade sticking out from the car cutting everything in half as we drove by.

Not in a psycho way, just that playful destruction you imagine as a kid.

>not in a psycho way
you don't need to explain yourself user we're not normies

The thing that separates the normies from the weirdos is not subject matter, but how much they daydream, and how intricate those daydreams are. It's not like there hasn't been studies on these things, you don't have the assume, the information is out there.

I used to pretend I had the weapon inventory from the last video game I played and had a limited number of ammunition to pretend-kill as many people as possible

Not him, but I'm the same way. I had two parents and they were fine, but they never once touched me or told me they loved me; to this day I still cannot stand anyone touching me, and cannot talk about my emotions in person.

No, she had daddy issues which made her unable or unwilling to show affection to anyone.

Like I said, sex and food.

a movie about this shit would make a billion.

was it any good?

not really, but used to imagine the katamari guy rolling smaller and then bigger objects during those slow bus trips. i think that was far more common.

Anyone else get inexplicable boners while in a car?

Similar experience. But my game wasTony hawk pro skater. Imagining all those sick rail grind combos I could pull off

Those vibrations really did it for kid me. In general every early teen has to deal woth random boners.

>also the thing I try to nightdream about to fall asleep
literally the only lullaby I've ever known

>It might be related to childhood emotional neglect, bullying or any type of abuse that motivates victims to divorce from the threatening world.

wew lad

"whenever the bus goes over a pothole I'm getting hard" - Karl Pilkington

I'm 27 and think about that kind of shit when I'm going to sleep. Thinking of war/battles in those universes helps me fall asleep.

Uh yea I did it all the time, wtf.
Anyone else fantasise about a natural disaster happening in your classroom and you save your class and the girl you have a crush on? Good times

yeah I did
I think it was because of Matrix

Why are you people so weird?

I roll around on my bed for sometimes an hour at a time excitedly imagining different super heroes fighting or different adventure movie scenarios on a regular basis at age 25, it's so relaxing, probably look deranged while doing it though

Not a man running, but I did imagine someone on a motorcycle.

never, but i spent hours thinking on throwing a school desk throught a window. i think that one was already made in some movie.