>three hour tour
>stranded for 98 episodes

Why didn't they just swim back?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ttQ2W_NrlyU
youtube.com/watch?v=yr-7TyNfYaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they were blown off course

So why didn't they try looking up at the night sky and use the stars to figure out where they were, or even just THE SUN to give them a sense of direction?

Bermuda triangle

You need star charts for that.

I think I would've stayed too.

If you knew you'd just set sail from Marina del Rey and you'd gotten caught in a freak storm during the middle of what was supposed to be a three hour tour and stranded on a some how uncharted desert island you wouldn't need any chart.

You couldn't be more than 20 miles off shore, and if somehow you weren't rescued all you'd have to do is figure out which direction east was and swim it and you'd eventually hit land. The world record for long distance swimming is 140 miles, you'd be fine if your life depended on it.

You have any idea how long, and how hard it is to swim a single mile?

140 miles? Maybe with support boats, 10 years of training, and a proper diet.

not with the people they had
No, one person cant go and get help cause they dont know where they are.

stop trying to bring logic to some stupid hammy 60's tv show.

they were lost
their boat was damaged
they could not fix it

It's hard but someone like the professor could probably do it if he tried. And yes they totally could come back- as soon as they hit shore just go and alert the coast guard and they'll send out search helicopters to scour 100 miles in every direction surrounding the shore.

Why didn't they just eat Gilligan?

Do you not realize how insanely difficult it is to swim in the open ocean? Making it a mile in ocean waters is an impressive feat. Waves reach tens of feet/yards constantly and will throw your ass around like it ain't shit.

You couldn't swim in a straight line without some kind of land marker to guide your course because you'd be unknowingly drifting through currents. You could very well mistake the island you came from as another land mass.

I get that it would be hard, but once you've determined which direction east is just wait until there's a really clear calm night and use the stars as reference points to make sure you stay on course.

They couldn't have been very far and even for an untrained swimmer you could probably do it before sunrise. I realize it's crazy dangerous, and failure means death- but so is staying trapped on a deserted island.

You're not understanding the sheer scope of what you're saying.

I feel there is no way to make you understand, because you appear to suffer from some manner of mental deficiency.

That fucker is skinny, it's not even worth it. Might as well eat the Captain. He's basically worthless since they're marooned.

>dat feel when you'll never run a train on Mrs. Howell with Mr. Howell

because the island is actually hell, with gilligan as the devil and each of the main cast embodying one of the deadly sins, thus them being there for eternity, thinking that they can escape but gilligan somehow always manages to 'conveniently' mess it up

What about when the Harlem Globetrotters showed up?

Name the sins and attribute them to the cast, you can't just gloss over this

They're Christ's Disciples sent by God to save Whiteys ass.

but they did escape from the island 15 years later in the Rescue from Gilligans Island movie

Unfortunately Skipper gets a new boat The Minnow II, takes all of em on another 3 hour tour, and Gilligan fucks up the compass, they get in a storm, and all end up back on the island

>low test detected

>taking the whore as opposed to the girl next door
Degenerate.

Captain-anger
Ginger-vanity
Professor-pride
Mary ann-lust
Howells-greed

2nd tv movie they get rescued again and have the insight to make sure to pinpoint the island for the world.

From what I remember the gang ended up running a private resort on the island

God she looks so sweet. I want to kiss her nipples in a non-sexual manner.

I would have literally used Ginger and Mary Ann as breed sows to have children I fattened up like veal and ate.

I wouldn't be in a hurry with the professor making me cool shit and two fine bitches rubbing up on me and making me pies and shit.

We could say Gilligan is hubris
One of the Howells is greed, the other is sloth
then it works.

youtube.com/watch?v=ttQ2W_NrlyU

This scared the fucking shit out of me as a kid.

Why did they always involve Gilligan in the plan when he always messed it up?

ew thats how girls get pregnate

Limited resources to work with.

Why was there a pigeon on that island? They couldn't be more than a few miles from civilization if there's a pigeon there.

To sum up all questions, because it would have ended the show obviously. There are plenty of ways they could've gotten off of the island but what fun would that be?

youtube.com/watch?v=yr-7TyNfYaA

Why is there a drider on Gilligan's Island?

Because Stephen King is a three hour tour.

JUST

Not bad for 147 years old.

would still bang

Titties don't look a day over 60 though

A three hour tour?

A three hour tour.

Technicality no down boo over?

I have no idea what the fuck you just said my friend.

it's no a serious film user

anyway I head it said that the island is a loose metaphor for american society
has it right I think that each character embodies some kind of vice

>Technicality no down boo over?

>in front of her chest
Is this a shoop?

bruh there was an episode where a vampire took them on a boat to his castle on another island

>The United States Coast Guard received telegrams from viewers of the show who thought they were watching a documentary begging them to go rescue these people stranded on an island.

Nah man women had arms growing out of their tits in the 60's.

technicality. no. down. boo. over.

Mr. Howell - greed
Mrs. Howell - Sloth

holy shit I never thought of this