These two movies have similar themes and were relased within the same year (2006). Can you name more examples?

These two movies have similar themes and were relased within the same year (2006). Can you name more examples?

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalfloss.com/article/54768/25-movies-similar-plots-released-same-year
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Armageddon and Deep Impact

Bug's Life and Antz

Men In Black and Fifth element

There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men (2007)

They were even filmed in the same location at the same time.

Here you go buddy.

mentalfloss.com/article/54768/25-movies-similar-plots-released-same-year

I remember reading that this happens because one company outbids another for the script, so they have to change the plot just enough for it to be legal.

The Revenant and The Hateful Eight came out the same week

Olympus has Fallen (March 22, 2013)

White House Down (June 28, 2013)

A Bug's Life 1998
Antz 1998
Mission to Mars 2000
Red Planet 2000

off the top of my head

Volcano and Dante's Peak, 1997

Also Watchmen and Franklyn (2009) both feature a masked vigilante having his mask torn off by police and came out in the UK within a week of each other.

Deep Impact (May 8, 1998)

Armageddon (July 1, 1998)

The Illusionist was such a let-down after kino Prestige.

Conan the Barbarian and Sword and the Sorcerer
The Howling and American Werewolf in London
1492 and Christopher Columbus The Discovery

Interstellar and The Memertian

Anyone remember that Titanic tv movie that came out right before THE Titanic? it even had Billy Zane.

That misses the point. Space exploration had just entered vogue again because of private ventures. The timing of the movies is a pure coincidence, they have nothing in common beyond a hard sci-fi setting.

The Martian came out in 2015 dingus

They're both meme flicks about astronauts idc

Prestige made no sense. Why not clone youself once and then just fake the trick with the clone?

>There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men
those movies are not similar in any way, shape or form

Observe & Report and Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Most recent one I can think of is Spotlight and The Big Short, a month apart and the major difference is each tackles a different head of the same beast

At least one family had to have rented the wrong one.

You mean they're both a tissue of lies designed to support the dominant social narrative?

>similar themes

Kinda but the overall story was so far from each other.

Prestige had a better story and characters.

Norton had some shitty detective setup and he was basically one-itis man.

You need to dwell on it some more. When Angier steps into the machine and clones himself, the clone has no concept of being anything but Angier. As far as the original Angier is concerned, nothing has changed for him, but it's not clear that the "original" Angier IS the original. Neither can know who's the original after Angier steps into the machine. It's a fun idea because it questions the validity of a soul, what it means to be a person, what is identity, etc.

But when they came out it was entirely no country vs blood

Yes they are. I literally cannot think of one without thinking of the other

I guess he didn't want to have to reckon with a second version of himself.

I really enjoyed the Prestige the first time I saw it but watching it again I fucking hated the supernatural aspect, it would have been much better if it had just been part of some elaborate trick rather than actual magic.

Isn't that basically what The Illusionist is?

This is why I like The Prestige more. The actual magicians are the Bordens. Their entire life is the deception. It's an incredibly simple trick with an implausibly elaborate premise. As for the supernatural aspect, I attribute that to the cult of personality Tesla has. The man did invent some curious things though.

Hows that nolan cock youre suckling?

Man of steel avengers

I think it would have worked out a lot better if it was just Tesla creating a flashy device that didn't actually do anything, selling it in order to recover from the losses caused by edison. If they were worried about offending Tesla fanboys they could have just made him some fictional character instead.

snow white and snow white

Dr. Strangelove and Failsafe were released in the same year and were literally based on the same book

>ScarJo was in The Prestige

Does anyone else NOT remember her role in the movie?

Olypmus has Fallena and white house down

I believe these kind of movies are called twin studio movies. competing studios like to steal other peoples ideas and release a similar movie around the same time.

Right and they rush them because 9 times out of 10 the first to market will do better even if it's a worse movie.

Both movies were so good I don't even wanna know which one ripped off the other.

>Chink movie that came out in 2011
>Comic book that's been running non-stop since 1977
>I don't know which ripped the other off

Are you retarded?

Why do these threads pop up just about every September?

Is this a fucking homework assignment in film school or some shit?

Its perfectly reasonable to assert the only reason dredd exists is because of the raid. As they're basically the same movie, except dredd has some comic tie in because that's popular right now.

>ScarJo was in The Prestige
>Does anyone else NOT remember her role in the movie?
Berenstein

You're using the meme wrong.

I doubt film school has a useless trivia class

She had a minor role.

Bale, Hugeman, Bowie and Caine overshadowed her.

can see why she was forgotten.

Both movies came out in 2007. Both are based on the same crime that happened in the 60s.

If anyone is interested watch The Girl Next Door and skip An American Crime.

really makes you think, doesn't it?

That just means you're an idiot, not that they're similar, boob.

>Its perfectly reasonable to assert the only reason dredd exists is because of the raid.
How long do you think it takes to make a movie, start to finish?

12:01 and Groundhog Day

Abyss
Leviathan

Tombstone
Wyatt Earp

Truman show Ed TV

star wars force awakens/blacked.com