Grandpa died in 2012

>grandpa died in 2012.
>watched him spend the last 5 weeks of his life bed ridden as the cancer turned him into a thin sickly version of his former self
>watched my grandma fall apart when he passed
>current day
>grandma has sharp pains and passed out this morning. She's now in the hospital and she's currently sleeping
>yfw I was so close to my grandparents growing up and now they're both on their way out

What are some films about how wonderful it is to have grandparents

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rr0J2mQRWqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Willy wonka and the chocolate factory

>You will never know the touch of a woman and procreate
>Your spawn will never procreate
>You'll never have the fun of spoiling some kids rotten without having to deal with them 24/7 like their parents

Good answer, though.

back to with you

Nebraska

The visit.

Both my parents came from dysfunctional families and basically didn't speak to their parents when they died.

So I dunno. Second hand Lions?

That's why you should have killed them when they were still healthy.

Wrong thread or are you just truly fucking braindead?

Second Hand Lions

Cacoon

I don't know any grandparent movies. Just lost my grandpa about a month ago, though.

Big Fish is a good movie, but it's about a guy who has a bad relationship with his father, not his grandpa. It makes me cry every time I see it.

Up.

KEK underrated post

OP I suggest Up, not about grandparents per se but holy shit does that old man make me cry.

I love my grandparents too OP, they pretty much raised me and when they finally start to go one day I don't think I will even be able to cope.

The Notebook

It will make you sob thinking about your grandparents and their love for one another.

you did it wrong, OP
when your grandparents start getting on their end you should stay away from and wont visit them them in the last few months
therefore when they die you dont really get sad

Parenthood is a good show about families in general. The grandparents on it are quality.

>Old people get sick and die. I am surprised.

>tfw all four of my grandparents were dead by the time I was 3

What did I miss out on?

>You'll never have the fun of spoiling some kids rotten without having to deal with them 24/7 like their parents
Uncle here, breh. I'm so glad my brother is a normie. My neice is 2 and everyone jokes that I'm her favorite person in the world because she's always dragging me around and wanting to play with me when I hang out with them.

I feel for you OP. My grandmother passed away from cancer recently, she was only in her late 60s. And tbH it sucks because we can't even say "well at least she had a good life" because she really didn't... Idk, dont wanna write a huge blogpost here but yeah, losing grandparents is really, really shit. The best advice I can give to you is just to support your mum/dad 100% through this. That will help both of you

As far as films about grandparents, I can't think of any off the top of my head, but Artificial Intelligence always makes me cry.

>What did I miss out on?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rr0J2mQRWqs

I watched The Bucket List a few weeks after my grandfather passed. Even though they don't have grandkids it still hit me. It got me to actually cry and let out everything I'd been holding in so I'll always love the movie for that.