What was his endgame?

what was his endgame?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R-7ybCze-Cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

UNLIMITED POWEEEERRRR!!!!!

Peace and prosperity with no religious fanatics to raise children into emotionless assassins.

Who is this?

Is that the guy who played Larry in Three's Company?

dank memes

Sheev was actually the greatest Jedi of all time.
Don't believe me? Do you honestly think he couldn't have done anything to save himself from a heavily damaged Vader picking him up and throwing him into a pit?
No, it has all happened as he has foreseen!

The Jedi were corrupt, the Republic was corrupt.
The Galaxy needed a fresh start. The Jedi had to be cleansed of their pitiful, apathetic leaders, and even the lowest ranked among them, while not especially guilty, had to be purged, so they cannot go on teaching the same mentality that lead to their stagnation for millennia.

What's more, the Galaxy had to see just how broken it truly is, how even something as horrible and oppressive as the Empire could provide more stability and security than the declining Republic, which's moronic leaders cared more for endless debates as they pay checks roll in and people overdose on Deathsticks in the very gutters below them, than to seek out and deal with the dangers that stand against them.

He did the only thing he could.
He broke it, built it back from the ground up, gave cause for a new, organized group to rise, which can create a new Republic which - for a time - shall be free of the stagnation of the old.

He saved us all.

And then fucking Disney decided that lolnope, that don't do no work no more. Supermegaultradeathstar's here to clench your asscheeks for you!

Forgot pick.
Look at his face.
Look at the pity.
He sees the truth in Anakin, as broken as he is.
Anakin is just another victim of this eternal whirlwind of ineptitude that the galaxy has become.

But as much as it pains him to see this, he knows what must be done.

his own clones frozen & ready to go

>literally save the galaxy by toppling an ineffective and corrupt government of ayy lmaos and autistic space monks
>remembered as the bad guy

I AM THE SENATE

What did he mean by this?

I'm reading a shitty Star Wars book at the moment and there's a Tusken Raider Jedi that Anakin meets when he's a boy, and for some reason Anakin later tells him about how he slaughtered an entire village of Tuskens so after Order 66 this Tusken Raider goes back to Tattoonie and leads the Tuskens around destroying houses and killing colonists. He comes to Luke's house but Obi-Wan is there and cuts his arm off and then tells him to fuck off.

He was a good friend.

>I'm reading a shitty Star Wars book at the moment and there's a Tusken Raider Jedi that Anakin meets when he's a boy, and for some reason Anakin later tells him about how he slaughtered an entire village of Tuskens so after Order 66 this Tusken Raider goes back to Tattoonie and leads the Tuskens around destroying houses and killing colonists. He comes to Luke's house but Obi-Wan is there and cuts his arm off and then tells him to fuck off.
Please be real.
I need this to be real.

>Imperials come to Tusken village to purge it because of a raid on their compound
>Tusken Jedi comes out, waves his hand at their commander
>"OOOOOUUUUUUUUGH-OOUUU-OOUUU-OUUU!"
>Commander turns around, looks at his soliders and tells them:
>"OOOUUUUUUUUGH-OOUUU-OOUUU- OUUU!"

It's absolutely real. The book is called The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Although I think the Jedi is only half Tusken, since his dad was some great Jedi who went and became a chief of a Tusken tribe.

What is it with Jedi and retiring in the ass end of nowhere in a desert and then not even trying to help fix the dysfunctional communities living literally a few miles away?

Seriously:
>Powerful Jedi
>In charge of a Tusken tribe
>Way outside of Republic jurisdiction
>Won't show up at Mos Eisley to start fixing that broken community or take out the Hutts at the top, but having his Tusken buddies run off to take potshots at podracers who are just trying to earn a buck? That's cool.

dunno. heh

ending games

peace in submission to him

Sheev was a dick head but General Palpatine was GOAT

He holds all the real power. its like when you know that the janitor working for your uncle is actually a hitman so you never ask him to do his janitor job

PEACCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE.

Im not sure if we are thinking about same guy. If it was A'Sharad Hett than all his arguments are shit because he is not biologically of the sand people + he eventually became darth krayt so if Anakin had genocideed all the sand people than tons of lives would have been saved. In star wars: kenobi we get some POV of sand people and they are as primitive and subhuman as was expected

Unite the galaxy for fear of what lied beyond it, the yuuzhan vong.

Actually that's the bullshit Legends excuse. He just wanted to rule everything.

>Actually that's the bullshit Legends excuse
its a fan theory you dumbass.

Not only does he say it out loud in ep 3 but you also get to see it in the original trilogy where he just sits in a throne room giving orders as the unquestioned lord and master of the entire galaxy.

Why did his face go like this? I've heard people say it was his real form and others say it was the electricity from his fight with Mace Windu.

you should cut all connection with people who said the former.

Is it this?

They aren't incompatible goals

What good is unlimited power if you let some alien fuck race waltz in and tear your empire down

So it was the force lighting then, ok. And was it a ploy to get Anakin to kill Mace or was he just beaten by a better fighter in Mace?

It begs the question:
If he had unlimited power, why didn't he just go out to the edge of the galaxy and throw some planets at them?
I'm sure Vader would have been highly appreciative of Empy threw Tatooine out of the galaxy and got rid of all that sand.

There's like 2-3 explanations that were canon at one point or another.

I'm fairly certain that for a while he wasn't even human, but some kind of weird alien. (Or at least I'm sure I read that on Wookiepedia around the time of Battlefront 2 being new, with citations and everything)

>I'm so weaaaaaak, help me ;___;
>Anakin attacks Mace and maims him
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA POWER UNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Doing nothing wrong.
Alderaan was completely justified and literally the equivalent of blowing up a house in the middle east.
The Jedi were religious extremists who had to be dealt with and the senate was completely incompetent.

I think mace got one over on him but sheev used it to his advantage by manipulating anikan. He's actually really good at thinking up shit on the fly and improvising ways to adapt circumstances to his plans

Maiming your face forever to get Anakin to act is pretty hardcore.

When sheev was just a young sith apprentice he had a vison of entire galaxy destroyed by the yuuzhan vong.

Sheev made it his life goal to save the galaxy, but as a sithlord he knew the republic was weak and full of the cancer named the jedi.
He had to destroy the republic if he wanted to make a empire powerfull enough to stop the invaders.

Then the jedi fucked it up and half the galaxy was killed by genocide.

Crashing the senate

WITH DELLO FELLATS

That's it word for word, but I read it in a book, not a comic. It's not great. It feels like half the chapters are just novelisations of the movies.

HAR HAR HAR

MISHA BE DA SENATE!

If you've ever played KOTOR 2 (I never played the first one), if you use the dark side your appearance starts to become gray and evil looking.

Shaggin Mags
youtube.com/watch?v=R-7ybCze-Cg

Bring peace and security to the galaxy.

This

Like, how is it even a question?

Make the galaxy great again

I think someone asked Lucas these questions at one point, and he pretty much refused to answer.

We're not supposed to know for sure. The whole point is that Palpatine is a master manipulator who keeps everyone around him in the shadows. Maybe he did genuinely fuck up against Mace, but then again coming up with a plan like that would hardly be out of character for him.