Magnificent seven

i have to see a movie in the next week, is it the best choice?

i really liked true detective even s2

I'd rather you see Kubo but I saw Mag 7 tonight and I really liked it. Classical, in a way, nice and self-contained.

>Enabling unneeded remakes

No

yeah i'm not in the mood for seeing a cartoon right now

It's a fucking travesty, every B-Western from the 70s is better than this trash
Kurosawa is rolling in his grave

barely even a remake other than the setting and shit already stolen from seven samurai

for real? what's the story? i can't find spoilers

tbqh i'm scared of watching something written by hack richard wenk, though

>tfw was hyped to see it last night
>tfw i got my license revoked for not paying a ticket on time

Im not havin a good day lads

shit, i feel you senpai even though i can't drive

>Kurosawa
>having anything to do with the people who ripped off all his films

Man Kuro gave no fucks and still doesn't. Let Americucks steal ideas from everyone, we all know there's no original ideas in Hollywood now. And all the remakes/remasters/rereleases are just shitting it up more.

>yet another nigger kills evil whitey flick

>tfw i got my license revoked for not paying a ticket on time

wow can they reallt do that? where do you live?

They can do this in every state.

>protecting other whites
pretty sure his race isn't even a big deal in the flick, this isn't tarantino

damn america

Just got back from the theater.

I was pleasantly surprised at how many core elements and scenes they maintained from the original seven.

The treasure sub-plot is removed and the badguy is changed from mexican raiders to a land grabbing industrialist baron who is trying to drive the farmers off their land. This private army resembles the real life Baldwin Felts agency who took part in the real Ludlow massacre.

They still have the knife expert, the gambler, the army veteran, te mexican, the marksman and the other archetypes from the original.

Vincent D'Onofrio was a pleasant surprised as the bearlike mountain man who is also a softspoken and very devout christian (until he starts hacking people up with his hatchet). Very positive portrayal of faith overall in the film which is rare to see in modern hollywood.

Not a great movie and it will bomb at the box office judging by the half dozen people who showed up on opening night, but it was fun.

>Vincent D'Onofrio

Kingpin from daredevil for those who don't know or care to know.

isn't washington devout?

the rich dude replacing mexicans seems like the obvious sort of thing to update for a modern audience

whats the flick to kino ratio? trailer seemed like the avengers but i read a review that said the movie was boring with not enough action

Denzel also prays in the film.

>i read a review that said the movie was boring with not enough action

First act is misadventures as the seven gather. Thy each get a badass moment of sorts. Not a ton of action yet.

Middle act is fortifying the town and training the locals to fight. This was a core part of the original film, but it feels sort of like the prep scene before the final battle in "saving private ryan". They are digging trenches, making sandbags, and setting up obstacles to draw the larger force into killzone.

Final battle is pure action so I'm not sure what the reviewer was complaining about.

what's the ending? i literally find spoilers enhance all fiction

also i'm guessing the action is good because dw sure looked great shooting while side saddling in the trailer

is pratt distracting? i hate that fucker but as long as he's 1/7th of the team i can survive

and yes i know that's not the proper term for the venom snake manuever

Pratt isn't use as much as I thought he would. He is a cheaplaughs sidekick in the first act and then he blends in well with the seven and they all have a role to play in the final battle.

Ethan Hawke has a more developed character than prat, but that follows the character from the original film (a retired soldier who doubts his abilities and wants to flee).