I wanna start watching Doctor Who... but Netflix has only seasons 5 to 9...

I wanna start watching Doctor Who... but Netflix has only seasons 5 to 9... is it necessary to know this show from the beginning? or are the seasons induvidually completed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJP9o4BEziI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't bother, it's crap and there's nothing in the world more annoying than an American who loves Doctor Who.

every episode is self-contained for the most part, just sit back and enjoy the ride user :^)

You can start from any Doctor really.

You can very easily start at 5, but it's arbitrary as to whether or not the seasons beforehand are better, or important. They introduce and reintroduce certain characters from the entire mythos to a point where it's easy to comprehend what's going on, but at the same time the pathos won't hit as hard as it should with certain scenes and seasons 1-4 can be considered better in a certain light. At least when watched in a row. Like seasons 2-4 are GOAT, but only seasons 5, 8 and some of 9 are really good.

Doctor Who is for 10 year old children who have no concept of continuity, so sure, go for it. I've also reported you for being under age.

Yeah, you can start from any Doctor and quickly get the gist of it, but starting from series 1 explains just about everything you need to know. Though it has its highs and lows. I personally enjoyed series 2 and 4 the most.

liar.

you have to start from episode 1, watch all of the Hartnell episodes, go through all twelve doctors and not miss a single one. then you have to read and memorize all of the books, which are most definitely all canon, then you have to be able to pass an eleven hour test where you name all of the companions and what happened to them after they left. if you do any less than this you are considered a casual and you have to turn in your paper bag of jelly-babies and the sprig of parsley you would wear on your collar if you were allowed to.

it's not a bad show - there were worse (blake's seven, anyone) but my god this show attracts the worst kind of jabbering sperglord fans in the universe.

Series 5 was GOAT, watch it and if you don't like it don't bother watching the rest

>series 2 GOAT
Haha no, series 2 is the fucking worst

Don't bother watching the rest after five. Moffat peaked with his first season and had no idea how to steer the ship afterwards.

Oh my god...you're a chav!

Im going to tell you right now: not when you first watch it. 1-4 continually hype up the show to its conclusion, while the newer episodes are on and off boring and all have really flat endings to them. Maybe aside from 5 and 8.

but mah rowse

fuck Rose and 10

This. I was sick of Rose and the Tenth "look at me, I'm so ultra cooool" Doctor by the time they left.

Series 5 is a good point to jump in. The show was kinda re-booted, with a new Doctor and companion.

follow this guide and you will be good op

>dalek
>not third best of series one

>turn left and midnight
>not great episodes

This pula knows what's up, season 5 is the highest quality doctor who reaches, it's all downhill from there with a spattering if decent episodes here and there

Midnight should be green, not red. It remains one of my favorite Who eps.

Agree with the rest tho. Would adivise OP to start at series 5, then if he likes it, watch the greens from earlier NuWho at a later date.

Series 6 was ok, but there was a noticeable fall in quality for series 7. (Maybe there were budget restrictions to save as much cash as possible for the 50th anniversary special).

But I've enjoyed s8 and s9. Capaldi's darker/ edgier Doctor is GOAT.

youtube.com/watch?v=BJP9o4BEziI