Why didn't netflix just make a tv series about the Mongols from Genghis to Kublai?

Why didn't netflix just make a tv series about the Mongols from Genghis to Kublai?

Because stupid white people won't watch a show if there is not white dude/chick they can identify to.

>mfw steppe genes

It would be pure kino, would definitely watch it.

If you look at the last season of Marco Polo, we see Marco less and less. They're trying to focus on the other characters (Kubilai, Jingim, Byamba, etc) who are far more interesting than him.

>dat kublai and chabi scene
Is it difficult to do a hard thing?

>tfw reading this book
>tfw Genghis had far more cool adventures
>first season arc could just be him rescuing his wife who was stolen like right after they were married
>historical accounts back up the fact they were actually in love and Genghis went ass crazy when she got hauled off
Seriously, there's season worth of material that would make great television from his life, man was very complex and very intelligent in how he transformed nomadic steppe culture into an empire building machine.

If youre any interested in Chengis Khan check out Tamerlane.

And also Babur !

WE

WUZ

But... he's not black in the picture...

KANGS

He's Central Asian

These Cred Forums idiots jump when they see someone who is not EXACLTY #FFFFFF

The other guy said WE so I went with it. Don't give a shit what race he is since all humans share the same genes anyway. We wuz all kangz and slaves n shit.

Personal accomplishments > what mom ya got shit out of.

I started it just because he looked like a light skined nigger :^)

I don't understand your point, this guy just posted a picture of Timurleng, how is that wewuz or some sort of pride ?

Literally this

This is why the same boring Euro medieval crap will be done until China finally rules the world

Not enough people would be interested in a historical series. It wouldn't make its budget. Just look at what happened to Rome.
Only way to make it work is to dumb it down or make a fantasy thing loosely based on some historical context (see Game of Plebs)

This makes me sad everytime I think of it... It's a sad truth

There is so much to be done with chinese history, and asian (west and east) history in general...

That's what happens when you decide to get on the level of the "general audience" instead of trying to raise the standards of said audience.
>we will never have high-budget Hollywood historical epics again because nobody will be interested unless it's about american history

Damn... I would kill to see a real epic about Hannibal (not some WEWUZ shit where he is portrayed by a nigger, fuckin pick a Tunisian actor, there are plenty of good ones) with actual historical accuracy.

Well on the bright side, Nolan tackling war movies might bring some of it back. Say what you will about him, he does seem to have some form of integrity when it comes to sticking to his ideas, and he certainly is influential.

Nolan is making war movies ?

This is why half of my tv/movie consumption is Korean stuff these days. Their historical shows are surprisingly high quality and entertaining. Though it helps to give a shit about the culture and the country in general.

>you will NEVER be part of the golden horde and almost pillage and buttfuck all of europe before the Khan's death stops you and sends you back home.

are there any mongolian themed feel images?

You could join the Great Fingolian Horde in the near future. We will assimilate those with useful talents like the great wise Genghis did.

will we start the fire brother?

>tfw Genghis has to fight his own blood-brother, Jamukha for supremacy
>Just as there can be only one sun in the sky, so can there be only one Great Khan - Jamukha

I would be very down with a Genghis show, I'm a history nerd so give me a show about saladin or Justinian.

>tfw no show about my nigga Cyrus the Great

Tfw no byzantine empire show, fighting both the western church and the Muslims stealing all the qt white girls.

Why even live...

It is not the time yet. Patience brother.

>tfw no kino sequel to mongol

Beacuse all we have is flimsy allegorical evidence from unsubstantiated and biased sources pertaining to large portions of that timeframe relevant to such a plot. At least we know enough about Rome (thanks, based Mommsen) to at least give a good accounting of the mid to late Republic and into the Empire, but good luck trying to get a comprehensible history of the Germanic tribes of that same period without running into a wall of "huh?"

It's a shame. It was clearly meant to have a sequel or two. Probably didn't make enough money to get the next one greenlit.

Chinks have no interest in history, getting rid of that was a prime objective of the Mao regime. They think it is directly linked to shit like chinks cooking people alive to exorcise them, corpse brides, spirit appeasement, ridiculous chinese medicine, all of that.
The truth is that they are an extremely shitty nation with low standards for education, so of course the serfs are going to be dumb and gullible as fuck. If they learned about the wacky rituals and customs china has had over the centuries, then they would be able to make intelligent decisions about it. This will not change until proc is btfo.

Biased sources are a problem all over the history everywhere. It's not like these shows are historically accurate. Using as many sources as possible you could craft a general timeline and fill the rest up with good writers.

I wonder how much information is lost in all the old Chinese writings that nobody gives a fuck about over there. I think I read somewhere that they have a fuckton of stuff on the Mongols which is probably very biased but also hasn't really been translated or studied by anyone but the Chinese.

Really though I'm fucking jealous of all these different people's that have fairly well documented history for over thousand years back. Even more so if they have their own written sources and don't have to rely something written about them by different people.