Monty Python's Terry Jones diagnosed with dementia

Monty Python star Terry Jones has been diagnosed with a severe variant of dementia.

The 74-year-old is suffering from primary progressive aphasia, which affects his ability to communicate.

As a result, Jones "is no longer able to give interviews", his spokesman said.

The news was confirmed as Bafta Cymru announced the Welsh-born comedian is to be honoured with an outstanding contribution award.

The National Aphasia Association describes primary progressive aphasia as a neurological syndrome in which language capabilities become slowly and progressively impaired.

"It commonly begins as a subtle disorder of language, progressing to a nearly total inability to speak, in its most severe stage," their website states.

Kathryn Smith, director of operations at Alzheimer's Society, said: "We are deeply sorry to hear about Terry Jones's diagnosis of dementia and are thinking of Terry and his family during this time."

bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37451043

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSfpA3AEKmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wonder if as he gets worse; he'll start shouting 'SPAM, SPAM, SPAM'.

Is it like a cosmic joke that the funniest members of the group are the first to go? First Chapman, now Jones, I bet Idle is the next one.

>We are deeply sorry to hear about Terry Jones's diagnosis of dementia and are thinking of Terry and his family during this time.

sad kek

>best Terry gets punished by God
>worst Terry still makes shitty flicks

:(

I don't think I'll be able to cope when Michael Palin goes bros

>implying Eric Idle isn't slowly poisoning him so that he can sing that shitty fucking song yet another time

he's the only one who has aged gracefully and looks like a distinguished gentleman, the rest of them just look... old

sad news...

I saw John Cleese on Stephen Colbert recently and he's quite old and looks quite tired. ;-;

I saw him and Eric Idle Live in April. They were both looking quite worn and weary. Really, all of them are on their last legs.

Redpills will do that to you at his age.

Gilliam has always looked the same, he might outlive the rest of them.

Michael Palin aged well. His travel shows were really comfy.

He will die of heart attack.

The Pythons will die in this order

Chapman
Jones
Cleese
Idle
Gilliam
Palin

Screencap this

.____.

Post Terrykino

He's a very talented amateur Historian. He's done some amazing documentaries on the Barbarians and the fall of Rome, the Crusades and Dark Age Britain.

>Welsh-born
>which affects his ability to communicate.
how do they know its dementia?

This is probably true. And it makes me very sad.

a good series...

>Implying Cleese and Palin aren't the funniest

Cleese is actually the least funny

I've seen him running on Hamstead Heath recently, covered in mud and looking very healthy.

Inb4 he'll be fine

Include me in the screencap please. Hi mum! I'm on /r/Cred Forums!

He was the second best on Monty Python, after Chapman.

CHEER UP BRIAN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY

SOME THINGS IN LIFE ARE GOOD

SOME THINGS IN LIFE ARE BAD

THEY CAN REALLY MAKE YOU MAD

OTHER THINGS JUST MAKE YOU WANT TO SWEAR AND CURSE

WHEN YOU'RE CHEWING ON LIFES GRISTLE

DON'T GRUMBLE, GIVE A WHISTLE!

AND THIS'LL HELP THING TURN OUT FOR THE BEST

AND

CHEER UP BRIAN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY

yeah, people who get older and then they look all old.. what's up with that?

you're a fucking idiot.

>F

>Michael Palin aged well. His travel shows were really comfy.
Palin doesn't actually enjoy traveling to the most remote locations on earth, he's just desperate to meet the only humans who upon encountering him won't immediately launch into Python routines.

I just watched a docu on Netflix about someone whose stroke at 34 left her with aphasia, and one of the things that surprised doctors was that while she couldn't articulate certain words in speech or handwriting (and reading), it had no effect on her typing.

Unfortunately when this happened to my mother after a TIA that was the first place it manifested along with speech.

If that's true then how is he still amateur?

Dubs for Cleese dying before Jones.

This makes me sad

Maybe it's because my grandpa is dying of old age, my dads getting up there but relatively healthy

Maybe I just love old white men, a dying breed, replaced by little faggots who would rather get angry at you for telling a joke than tell a joke themselves

youtube.com/watch?v=VSfpA3AEKmY

Here it is. She filmed it herself and while she's intolerable at times, considering what happened to her it's excusable. BONUS KINO POINTS: she obsesses over some things David Lynch said in an interview and starts sending him her video diaries, resulting in him replying to her and ultimately meeting (and exec producing this movie).

Also, THAT FUCKING MOLE

Not surprising. If you saw any of his recent interviews you'd see he was fumbling over his words.

This, he's degreed and has taught Chaucer.

kek

>Welsh genes

Not surprised.

I hope they die soon, Cred Forums.

LIFE'S A PIECE OF SHIT, WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT.

you missed my point, Palin looks old but still healthy and himself, while Cleese and Idle especially look JUSTed by time and like they could go at any moment

your family will die too google skype

Cunt. He obviously means Palin's aging much better. Thick cunt.

Stay mad, retard.

this 'secret codewords for our clubhouse' meme is brand new and I'm already sick of it

>google skype
what do I look like, Lenny Kravitz

Jones > Palin = Idle > Cleese = Chapman >>> Terry 'I'm an artist, really!' Gilliam

But Gilliam is great, did you see Brazil?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So his brain decided to go 'JUST' and fuck its own shit up? damn.

Right before the premier of Don Quixote

*was

wtf, chapman was the worst. Idle, Cleese and Palin are the absolute best.

This. A thousand times this.

you shut your dirty whore mouths

>Chapman was the worst
>Cleese was the best

How to spot an entry level Python fan and not be seen

>British """"""""""""""humor""""""""""""""