What the FUCK was his problem?

Hello to Jason Isaacs!

He hated being the poorest rich man in the room.

They needed to demonize the loyalists since it was actually Patriots who burnt people in churches.

He just wanted to be supreme ruler of Ohio.

He tends to play dickheads that are just dickheads for the sake of it, even though they already enjoy the benefits of nepotism.

He's just British.

He does it rather well.

He wanted to make a name for himself in what was supposed to be the easiest curbstomp the British Empire has ever seen in a hundred years while he still had the chance before being shipped off to Europe to fight Napoleon.

Nobody wants to fight Napoleon. Nigga was so desperate to not fight Napoleon that he was willing to settle for the Grand Duchy of Ohio.

Why is Jason so based?

I should had signed up for the India company.

If you're going to be typecast for the rest of your life, you might as well be great at it.

The guy he was based off of, Banastre Tarleton, was actually known to be quite the butcher, though the accounts vary if he actually murderer prisoners or if it was just patriot propaganda

The Patriot: 1776, Napoleonic Wars begin: 1803.

Whats important is that in an age of gentlemanly generals and savage Indian headscalping mercenaries, this guy actually stood out for being a violent bloodthirster. So he must have done some dirty shit.

Kek

so did any britbongs get triggered when this movie came out?

Napoleon rose to power at the head of the revolution in 1789 and raised alarm bells across the known world. Nobody wanted the wars, but everyone knew the wars would come.

>cuckold: the meme

So the character was scared of fighting someone who wouldn't be in power, at the earliest, for another decade or so?

Yorktown was in 1781 and he was clearly wanting his retirement in Ohio. Its not like he was guaranteed survival or a second chance at land ownership if he stayed in the military.

based

>Grand Duchy of Ohio

If only that poor bastard knew what Ohio was he might've settled for Kentucky.

It's a Mel Gibson movie. No.

Kill me by this wars end will you? It seems that you are not thw better man

He was great in awake tho

This is interesting.

No joke.

He's a white male.

I think it was the half-assed approach. Everyone knows he was meant to be an expy of Banastre Tarleton but for some reason whoever wrote the script didn't have what it took to explicitly identify him as being. Which is pretty fucking rich when you consider how little hesitation they had making such a travesty of Cornwallis.

You're a fucking idiot.

maybe he was angry about that mealy-mouthed shitshow with mel gibson's darkey tenants ("we free mans we work de lan massa mel he no keep slaves nosir etc"). fuck knows I was.

No- my wife's sons were better men.

Cred Forums plz go

"Stupid boy"

The equivalent of

gg ez

Poor man's Sean Bean

He was dealing with a terrorist insurgency with an arm tied behind his back due to hearts and minds faggots.

It's Mel, we knew what to expect.

He was just a violent psychopath using the war to satisfy his longing to hurt people like so many often do.

I do believe in fairies. i do. I do.

he's great in Good Guy (2006) opposite of Mortensen

They don't have a monopoly on burning shit.