/who/ - Doctor Who General

Cyberedition

Last thread >>

Other urls found in this thread:

tumblr.com/search/doctorwho/recent
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p048sh2p
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/779357799067291648
youtu.be/-lBeV5bQW70
doctorwhotv.co.uk/2016-christmas-special-director-returning-character-confirmed-81057.htm
twitter.com/LucieMayerova/status/773548643639066624
youtube.com/watch?v=RzWOlMif-Fw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhFYp7n7dMw
radiotimes.com/news/2016-06-07/have-peter-capaldi-and-jenna-coleman-just-filmed-a-new-scene-as-the-doctor-and-clara
youtube.com/watch?v=RnFwisRAXgk
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Series_1_(Class)
mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-fans-rejoice-doctor-8775385
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Class
youtube.com/watch?v=OLpeX4RRo28
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/779662508705492994
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

daily reminder

doctorwho is dead. long live whogeneral

Three in one pic. You must love that one.

>tfw they're all "talking to yourself"-worth faces

Shit show for gay nerds

No but it does tell you about the show's popularity with teen normies and most the posts in the twelfth doctor tag are made by the same 5 or 6 people. He barely even registers in the main tag. It's like the last 3 years never happened. Moff really underestimated how shallow teenage girls are.

tumblr.com/search/doctorwho/recent

so hyped zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dubs confirm

Series 8 Doctor then?

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p048sh2p

>people giving a shit about tumblr's opinions

I call it Classhole.

Damn, you sure showed them

>yfw when the whole of series 10 takes place between series 8 and 9 and Clara's just busy.

Class news from last thread: first two episodes coming on Saturday 22 October, they will be called FOR TONIGHT WE MIGHT DIE and THE COACH WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.

I doubt it will be S8 Twelve, it would just be a weird choice to jump all the way back like that (especially to when Clala was still teaching). It will just be present day Twelve wearing S8 like clothing, one of his S10 outfits is basically that anyway.

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/779357799067291648

WILL HE EVER BE STOPPED???

Well, he's not wrong. We've been mocking that pic for the same reason.

He's crying because this was supposed to be HIS show.

Whether you like it or not, it matters. In the internet age it's fangirls that drive the hype, and they're still pretending that Tennant never left.

>BBC AMERICA will kick off New York Comic-Con’s first ever panels presented at The Theater at Madison Square Garden on Friday, October 7 at 10:30am. The BBC AMERICA Takeover features panels and a world premiere screening with the casts and creators of Doctor Who, new original series Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency and new Doctor Who spin-off, Class.

>BBCA revealed today the first-ever Doctor Who panel with award-winning star Peter Capaldi, new co-star Pearl Mackie and executive producers, will now include award-winning actor and comedian Matt Lucas (Bridesmaids, Little Britain), who’s set to return to the series as Nardole.

>The BBC AMERICA Takeover will present the world premiere screening and Q&A with the cast and creators of Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency and the first-ever panel with the cast and creators of new Doctor Who spin-off, Class. Fans in attendance will have an exclusive first look at world premiere footage from all three BBCA shows.

I honestly think, memes aside, Gareth is just salty he didn't get the gig after writing The Caretaker. It's funny how he's called out those fawning kids on Twitter for being fans of it despite it not airing though

FUCKING AMERICA STEALING EVERYTHING FUCK YOU AMERIFATS

Of course he is. He probably had a fallout with Moffat about it too.

>will now include award-winning actor and comedian Matt Lucas
ew, Nardole is still happening?

Did you miss the times where he was filming for the opening episode of S10 and this year's Christmas special?

Not Series 8 Doctor then.

>this year's Christmas special
yea i did miss that part cause it ain't happening

Who is that balding queer on the right?

I disagree. The RTD era was for gays and the Moffat era is for nerds, but it's never been specifically for gay nerds.

That's Gareth!

>balding at 24
kek

I miss this

youtu.be/-lBeV5bQW70

Er
doctorwhotv.co.uk/2016-christmas-special-director-returning-character-confirmed-81057.htm
twitter.com/LucieMayerova/status/773548643639066624

shit why

Fady looks like he's trying to do a really difficult poo

DWM editor Tom Spilsbury said he cried both happy tears and sad tears at the Christmas special, are you ready for it to be the new Christmas Carol?

Oh hey cool. That toy I bought is accurate.

>DWM editor Tom Spilsbury said he cried both happy tears and sad tears at the Christmas special
That's why I dropped DWM just after he took over.

Gatiss also cried.

Means it'll be shit.

What's this new meme of posting random Davros pics?

It's about Nardole becoming an orphan when he was younger. Baby Jesus metaphor

No it isn't don't lie you ugly prostitute

Don't you think Gatiss has ever cried at anything good?

>No it isn't don't lie you ugly prostitute
What is this shitty new meme meant to be, cats?

Why would that be a baby jesus metaphor? Jesus had parents.

>tfw it's an 8 inches

Love that photshop

So is Class CROWDHOOT or HOT ROD COW?

>BBC 2!

You just KNOW

Why is he turning into Lance from the Christmas Invasion?

In b4 someone says "because all black people look alike".

What the hell is Fady doing in that picture?

Everyone looks serious or scared, and then there's Fady.

He went so serious it broke his face.

Ask yourself what he's doing here

Wow it's an ACTUAL quote from CLASS oh my GOD it's crazy WHO would have THOUGHT I'm so ANNOYING and paint gay PEOPLE in such a bad LIGHT

>yfw Doctor Who doesn't exist in the Doctor Who universe so her statement isn't even wrong

They're running from Adam Orford.

And Fady looks like he's checking out dat booty

He's a real shame for our community. Both gay and Doctor Who communities actually.

Your spoiler text is now my personal explanation for this:

>not thewhippasnappa

Just ignore him, he's doing no real harm and obviously has nothing else going on in his life.

He works at the Doctor Who Experience.

he's gay? ugh, still haven't found a single cute guy that likes doctor who

I bet my lunch money it's the coach with dragon tattoo saying.

BBC PEACE

praise be to kek

>The Twilight Generation

Does anyone still have that teen girl "he's ooglay" reaction vid to the 12th Doctor reveal? I never saved it for some reason, but it's good for a laugh.

By the way, I suspect teenage girls were a very small proportion of the Who audience anyway.

I think they actually showed it in the stream and Miss Quill says it to her class.

Does this mean Professor X was never revived in 2005?

Class might be set after the 2018 cancellation.

youtube.com/watch?v=RzWOlMif-Fw

Well, I guess I'm going hungry today.

>implying Moffat isn't gonna cancel Chibnall Who with his last episode by killing Twelve and having Rassilon say they just granted him one more regeneration

Is there a new spin off thing or something?

I would actually love for that to be a running joke for the rest of the series. He never knows which life is actually his last, so he gets a little paranoid when it comes time to change

Well, they can't say they export Doctor Who on a show where the Doctor exists.

"The debut of a new science fiction television series, Do..."

>Dominie Who

That joke would never fly today. Everyone would take it completely seriously and over-speculate it to death.

this man browses /who/

I love you Tardy.

Most of McCoy's era isn't even on DVD anymore in the States. No Dragonfire, no Ghost Light, no Battlefield, no Happiness Patrol, no Paradise Towers...
It's killing me.

Import from the UK?

Matt looks so young here ;_;

multi-region players are more expensive. if DVD regions didnt exist there would be a lot less people pirating TV shows/movies

Probably the best fan film I've ever seen to be perfectly honest... This guy is going to go far!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhFYp7n7dMw

VLC player, dude.

Capaldman no doubt regrets his remark about Clala being 'sort of in something he recently filmed'.

radiotimes.com/news/2016-06-07/have-peter-capaldi-and-jenna-coleman-just-filmed-a-new-scene-as-the-doctor-and-clara

The Tenth Doctor is about to win the poll for the greatest TV character of the 21st century on Digital Spy.

Normies, my friend.

>the people on thoraxtime are unironically anticipating part 2 as we speak

well actually i don't know but they seem to like that kind of stuff. anyway, we don't want to see your fan film thanks

What the actual fuck.
(I'd react the same if it was any other Doctor btw)

>the greatest TV character of the 21st century

Tennantfags have gone too far.

They can't keep getting away with it...

After looking, and seeing that second place was Castiel, I had to upvote Tenth Doctor. We can't let Castiel win.

Jeez. I liked Ten, but not THAT much.

For a lot of NuWho fans, he's the 1st Doctor they watched so is most memorable, whether /who/ likes it or not.

I've voted for him. Good publicity for the show regardless.

Agree absolutely.

oh yeah?

It's advertising that other show that Remembrance of the Daleks mentioned, obviously.

Doc-

Get your fanfic tier nonsense outta here
youtube.com/watch?v=RnFwisRAXgk

>tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Series_1_(Class)
>On 6 September 2016, the Mirror confirmed that Capaldi would show up in the opening episode, along with a gay sex scene further into the series.
>a gay sex scene
>the Mirror confirmed

The Capaldi appearance has been officially confirmed.

>those times when TARDIS wikia sounds like the /who/ wiki

Capaldi's going to show up in a gay sex scene?

I wish Capaldi would show up in my gay sex scene.

u hunt silver foxes???????????

What we learned today about VNA level dark Class:

There's gay scenes

Class has "so much blood" the cast members "felt sick" when they turned up to set

There's gay scenes

Capaldi is in it

There's gay scenes

But we didn't learn that there's gay scenes today.

Torchwood Babies!
We make our dreams come trueee

ew, im gay too so no shade but he's more like a fatherly figure to me

>not wanting to taste the Capaldick

DOCS GONNA FREAK

Reposting the description from last thread

>It’s a new term at Coal Hill Academy, and students are preparing for their Autumn Prom. But when the school comes under attack, four alienated students must form an unlikely alliance to defeat them. And this incursion is only the beginning.

>Charlie (Greg Austin), April (Sophie Hopkins), Ram (Fady Elsayed) and Tanya (Vivian Oparah), assisted by their physics teacher Miss Quill (Katherine Kelly), are charged with a great responsibility by the mysterious alien known as the Doctor (Peter Capaldi) to guard against the creatures of nightmare that want nothing more than to find a way through to Earth and take it for their own.

>not wanting to lick the colepuss

>kid-oriented SJA will still be best spin-off since it's the only one that isn't so fucking tryhard

>not calling it colemine
Come on now, chap.

>best spin-off
>Not K9

>Coal Hill Academy
>Academy

Fucking Academies, man. That fancy word doesn't hide the fact that the school is the same shit with a worse smell.

Academy, prom... what next? "Freshman year"

DO NOT SEXUALIZE CAPALKINO, THIS IS WRONG

PLS NO BULLY TOO

Who is this?

It could've been good, but they really squandered anything that could be good about it. I really wish someone competent would re-write this show with a bit more maturity. Somewhere on young adult level at least.

C'mon, that must've been photo shopped in.

You are only allowed to sexualize one person and that's Fady.

Does anyone still have that gif saved, with Capaldi snogging the BF Rani actress?

Nope.
Take a look for yourself.

Can you blame him?
Hugging Jenna Coleman, take after take, in the cold, her warmth pressing up against you

Hahahaha.

Just rewatched DotD. First time I was literally in cinema theater in 2013 for this.
What's Who consensus on this?
Sometimes Moffat episodes feel like shit on the first time, but over time they seem pretty decent.

DotD felt super good at the theater, but it doesnt feel like a proper episode now. Too many edgy memes. Still enjoyed it though.

Now we know how the two major plots were tied up - the Zygons and Gallifrey's return - UGH.

DOTD was lame anyway.

>Too many edgy memes
wtf are you on about

>not liking hell bent

>tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Series_1_(Class)

>gay sex scenes

HOLY FUCK ITS REAL
ITS FUCKING REAL
WHAT THE FUCK
GUYS
GUYS
GUYS
GUYS

SAY ME ANYONE CAN EDIT THIS WIKI
GAY SEX SCENES IS JOKE RIUGHT

are you ok?

>compensating? haha get this
>xd i married queen what the fuk
>omg fez in time exsdee
>we are so clever!!! oh shit door is not locked so funy

no, class is super edgy and dark and has loads of blood and sex.
so it's basically torchwood set in a school?

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-fans-rejoice-doctor-8775385

>gay sex

ITS REAL
LMAO.

I cant believe this
Gay sex
Really

Paul McGann.

Alright meme kids.
Ness said that one of the male characters has a "boyfriend who he kisses & sleeps with & loves". It was not confirmed that there would be any actual gay sex scene.

Those are called "gags", jesus christ. "Comedy". "Farce". "Humour". The words edgy and meme do not apply.

Did this normie just blew up

So can we expect a trailer from Comic-con?
Not a class trailer, Doctor Who trailer.
If so, only christmas? Or series trailer too?

It said something about footage from both shows, so either a trailer or a clip/

Clips always suck because Doctor Who scenes always seem like shit when out of context.
Better be trailer.

officially giving up on Class. today's live event was a waste, and they've still not given me any reason to care. it all sounds so lame and shit and cliched.

Same. Maybe it will be good but the PR has been a trash.
I don't care about the show anymore.

Oh, yeah, it might well be great. But I'm not even arsed about tuning into the first episode, never mind the whole series. It's been promoted and handled so badly, and whoever's been in charge of promotion needs to be fired.

True. The stream had about 3k viewers at peak, nobody cares about it.

All the BBC did today was promote Class (badly - not even a clip) to people who already knew it existed.

Agreed. Why didn't they do a trailer? There's no buzz or interest in the show. Some people still don't even know were getting a spin off. I'm still going to watch it because i'll watch anything Doctor Who related but holy fuck the marketing has been awful.

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Class
Add to the page

>One Direction are a band of twink faggot nonces and the only "girls" that like them are bottom of the barrel slags.

Hiring Sam Raimi as Matt Smith's speech writer was a mistake.

Not Who, but I'm reading the Revenge of The Sith novelization, which I read was really good and much better than the movie, and holy crap it is good. I can feel the epicness of the Jedi's fall, and Anakin's slow descent feels inevitable.

And I'm about to see A New Hope on TNT channel for the first time.

christ I wanna die Immgurnt.

So with this framing, everyone's favorite youtuber Let's Player is the alium one right.

It's thoroughly noncanon because it was written before The Clone Wars expanded on literally everything

I'll read some canon books (Lost Stars and Twilight Company) after.

That's not even what I'm saying

I'm saying that the RoTS novelization lacks one extremely important element of Anakin's "fall"; a character named Ahsoka Tano and the repercussions of the Order disavowing her

I'll get to Clone Wars soon.

KOTOR II or bust. Closest Star Wars has gotten to Lawrence Miles level writing.

Baseless prediction

The first episode of the next season will be filled with cheesy cringy refrences to other media such as the langoliers back to thr future

As long as it's more consistent and overall better than series nine, they can do whatever they want.
Though with the Moffuckery guaranteed to be cranked up to 11, it probably won't happen.

Baseless prediction

The first episode of Series 10 will reveal that 12 was actually the Master, who placed himself in the Doctor's place right before 11's death, and had amnesia. Twelve's arc will be having to decide whether to be the Master he was, or continue being the Doctor he has been, and whether he can still be a hero.

Um

Okay?

So the worst it's ever been then?

Just because Larry is a bad person doesn't mean he's a bad writer.

Um

Okay?

Rebels is better tbqh senpai

Yeah I know, they're totally separate yet entirely accurate statements.

Don't you think Who looks tired?

your mom looks tired

Why do you think Larry is a bad writer?

What's that supposed to be?

You know, in a world where Eccleston never became Nine, Richard E Grant would have been pretty damn good I reckon in his place.

Maybe. It's been rumored that REG didn't really want the job. I'm not sure an actor who isn't enthusiastic should have the job.

Ah, I hadn't heard of that rumour before. Still I am fond of the "dark doctor" concept. I've always wondered whether a series could work where The Doctor is essentially the villain and antagonist.

Have you heard Full Fathom Five?

>THE COACH WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.

>Capaldi would show up in the opening episode
This already shows an astounding lack of confidence in the show. Look at Torchwood and SJA. The Doctor didn't turn up in SJA until the third series, and he never appeared in Torchwood. Class can't even resist for a single episode?

>Class has "so much blood" the cast members "felt sick" when they turned up to set
Dead in the water. What the fuck are they doing. Where did they dredge their focus groups up from that made them believe what young adults need is another dark, gloomy, edgy show? It's dull.

But both Sarah Jane and Captain Jack were established characters in Doctor Who before they had their spinoffs. Everyone in Class is new, so it makes sense that the Doctor enters to allow familiarity.

That's a good point, perhaps a direct comparison isn't completely fair because of that, I still feel like it's a weak decision. First series I'd understand, but first episode makes it seem like they're desperate.The show should be able to stand for itself. They should be aiming to make a good show, not just a good doctor who spin-off.

I don't know. I used to be pretty optimistic about Class but every promo and info they've released lately just kills any hope I have for it. I'll still watch of course, and won't be shocked if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look great.

What does the BBC expect to get out of this series?

For example, did Torchwood and/or Sara Jane make them excessive amounts of money? The planet's oversaturated with entertainment properties. Do they really believe Class is worthwhile? Will this be remembered in 50 years?

inb4 same was said of Who 1963

The BBC isn't about making money, they just put out new stuff and see if people like it. Which, as it's a weird Beeb Three streaming deal, might not work too well, but P. Ness is a somewhat big name and they probably figure it's worth a go.

BBC is mooching money from the taxpayers, no?

Either way, both were good enough to justify 4 seasons.

How many seasons do you think Class will run for?

I give it two before it's axed.

it will probably get one season
unless the tumblr land whale really fucking dig it then it will probably get 2 or 3

edgy

>I'm still going to watch it because i'll watch anything Doctor Who related

To be fair, all they need is for die-hard Who fans to watch it. It's on BBC3 initially, which is only available online. 500k views and it'll be considered a huge success.

I would kill for an I, Davros miniseries.
That would be much more interesting than Class.

isn't it going to air on tv as well sometime after it goes up online?

Yes. But viewing figures for the TV broadcast will be reduced, because most people that want to watch it will have already seen it.

CLASS font used in logo?

that's better

on the other hand people might wonder what's the point of making it a spin-off in the first place if it has absolute zero connections to the parent show.

Do Doctor Who fans like Star Trek?

As a Star Trek fan myself, I enjoyed the older doctors episodes (the pacing can be damn slow sometimes), with the 6th and 7th doctors being prefered. I'm wondering what a modern Doctor Who fan's opinion of Star Trek would be.

I can't fucking stand Star Trek or Star Wars

>hates series 9

GET OUT you shitty cloister clone

>le sassy multicultural faces

>mongs fucking off star wars and Star trek
>Cats is user

>Implying cloister isn't a sub shit tier tripfaggot amongst his own clones

Cloister is the worst trip here. He betrayed cats and made him drop his trip
Cats asked him to keep a important secret in thorax time that he then blabbed about all over twitter. Literally fuck Cloister and his shit drawings. He adds nothing to /who/

So much this. He comes in here acting like he runs shite taking over whatever we are working on and putting his schizoid taint on it. The meme man meme the I want it now meme anything he can fuck up. Now he's ruining shit trips and you faggots are letting him

I want Chicky to come back
he made /who/ comfy

Make /who/ bok again

I want cats to come back

youtube.com/watch?v=OLpeX4RRo28

I'm at a bit of a loose end this weekend so I've decided I may as well give this show another try. Can you guys please point me in the direction of somewhere I can stream the last season and tell me which episodes are essential to the series arc? Also which episodes are good and which are worth avoiding? Thanks.

I hear netflix has series 5 to 9, which is pretty much all you need to watch

Clever cloister. We all know what you did.

I don't have netflix. I'm only really after the latest series.

you could try buying the dvds

nigga I ain't fucking cloister I don't even fucking know what he did

I might if it's any good. I want to try before I buy.

>tfw stayed off /who/ for one week and missed tripfag drama

kickass.cd

I've been gone for a few months
when did /who/ start liking cats?

Thanks but I'd rather stream.

The better question is when did /who/ stop?
The answer is monganon
true /who/ always appreciated cats's banter and shitposting

Nah.

>true /who/ always appreciated cats's banter and shitposting
see

I'm more of a Star Trek fan than a Dr Who fan. I too prefer the older episodes of both Trek and Who.

putting my trip back on to say this is BS

cloister was not involved

>implying anyone believed the rantings of that "le cloister is evil!!" retard anyway

cats what did they do to you

not much, just caught the people on thorax saying stuff about me behind my back and i decided it was best to leave /who/

people like greatly outnumber the people like and that's why i shouldn't have a trip

Just noticed on the class facebook, they commented under the stream that "a trailer will be coming very soon and we're share it here as soon as it drops". Is that the first mention of a trailer we've had?

Fady: It's "very dark" "there's funny moments, very emotional moments, happy moments, bits of everything" "Dark but in a beautiful way"

/who/ - High School Drama

If you want to be excepted here it's best not to shitpost and banter too much
be more like chicky10, /who/ loves chicky10

It would be more accurate to say no-one actually cares about Chicky10 because he's never around and only shows up to randomly post a chicken photoshop.

>excepted

Wot

We talked about you to your face you goofball

>behind my back
since when was it behind your back. we said it to your face and you didn't pitch any sort of fit in our direction at the time. What changed eh.

I mean fuck the only thing I was mad about was the Galaxy 4 colourised picture situation and I figured we worked that out. Maybe you should actually express these grievances in the place their relevant instead of pitching a fit everywhere else. S'weird.

I don't know if this was worth that much typing desu

only because i happened to pop in at the wrong time lol

...Wot

Welcome to /who/ the tripfag general. Home to pointless tripfag drama.

>be more like chicky10, /who/ loves chicky10
Please don't be like chicky, there can only be one chicky

Go to the place if you actually want to hash this out m8. You're just stirring shit in here.

Return to your regularly scheduled programming guys, sorry. What're you infosorbing yadda yadda. Hope y'all are well.

Cats is just entirely misunderstanding how the missile defense system is used and Amadeus is extremely tired of people coming here to complain about there

Don't mind either, it's all fine

I'm reading In the Blood

Donna is hanging out in a rainforest it's p comfy

I really don't give a fuck what it's about. I just want it to stop. It's boring, childish and has fuck all to do with dr who.

I was hoping to be infosorbing at least some of s9 but alas no one can point me in the direction of a stream. Can someone at least tell me which episodes are worth watching?

>Dark but in a beautiful way
What a poetic way to describe his asshole

I love Cloister and cats and immigrant and Tardybox and Amadeus

Can't find them on dailymotion? It's usually p easy on there. All episodes aside from Sleep No More are "arc relevant." Sleep No More is also the weakest episode but not as awful as some will let on.

S9 DIAMOND AGE

ilu user. how ya doin'

Okay, I've found it. I guess I can put up with Italian subtitles. Which episodes are skippable?

Nice trips. Everything except Sleep No More is skippable

Nice try but I've seen enough NuWho to know that Gatiss episodes are always skippable.

Is it pronounced gat (rhyming with cat) iss or gaytiss?

I've almost finished Lucifer Rising. It's pretty great. Loving the characterization of the Doctor.

You can skip:
Under the Lake
Before the Flood
The Zygon Invasion
The Zygon Inversion
Sleep No More

I believe it's gaytiss.

>The Zygon Invasion
>The Zygon Inversion
>skipping these

like I said people will argue about it but only Sleep No More is skippable. And it's not so horrendous that I think you NEED to skip it. it's neat enough.
pic related

>You can skip:
> Under the Lake
> Before the Flood
> The Zygon Invasion
> The Zygon Inversion
> Sleep No More

Thanks. Does everyone else agree with this list?

>skipping episodes in the newest series
come ON

Skipping doesn't become acceptable until at least 2 years of historicisation has occurred.

I thought it was but I keep hearing it pronounced the other way.

They're unrelated to the arc. That's what he was asking.
I actually like UTL/BTF and the first part of TZI, but I answered his question.

No, as the thread indicates.
Honestly Sleep No More is the only truly 'skippable' episode because the series would be almost identical if you took it out.
The Zygon episodes are polarising but more liked than disliked.

Oh.

Why would anybody care about the arc

Fucking Yes.

Also, glad to see /who/ active again. I haven't seen this kind of complaining and bitching since series 9's run.

If I like the rest I'll possibly go back and watch the skipped ones at some point.
If they're not related to the arc but still quite good I'll watch them. I just want to know which eps are shit.

Seriously, if you took out all arc-irrelevant episodes you would literally only be left with Ashildr. Series 9 does not have much of a plot.
It does however have themes, foreshadowing and symbolism, which the zygon episodes are as important to as anything else.

Then Sleep No More is the only one everyone agrees to be shit.
There's no consensus on pretty much anything else in S9.

>arc

What arc?

Don't skip shit on a first run, this show is bare bones as it is.

the "arc" is shit

The main arc is the return of Gallifrey, right? I'm interested in the episodes pertaining to that. I don't care about the girl's boyfriend drama or whatever.

>Then Sleep No More is the only one everyone agrees to be shit.
I don't, though.

*except for Heaven Sent being GOAT, of course.

Go to bed Mark.

thissss

>I don't care about the girl's boyfriend drama or whatever.
the fuck have you been. Dunny is dead. There's nothing like that in S9. Just pure unfiltered boner brigade for two episodes.

Then you only actually need the last three episodes, though they build on concepts introduced in The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar and The Girl Who Died/The Woman Who lived (hence why I said that the other episodes can be skipped for the purposes of the arc).

Series 9 was overall very good, with a couple of stand out episodes. Best since series 5, but that's just my humble opinion.

You could easily skip Sleep No More, which is the weakest ep and doesn't really add anything to the series as a whole. It was an 'experimental' episode that unfortunately didn't work out well.

Hell Bent is divisive, but nevertheless well acted and directed.

REMINDER WE'RE GETTING A TRAILER IN TWO (2) WEEKS

I'm just wanting to get up to speed on the important developments and see if I enjoy it. If I do then I'll probably go back and watch the rest.
Thanks. I'll check those out. I'll pop back either later today or tomorrow to let you know how it goes.

In case those who missed it:
What sparked this off is that the latest series (season if you're American) has been announced to debut in April of 2017.
The first episode (shot) is entitled "A Star in Her Eye".
There has been much speculation that after Brexit the BBC would be struggling.
There was also much conjecture about how the socio-political atmosphere would affect/effect the shows writers and direction.
Would it go old school or would it go SJW PC?

The only arc essential episodes of series 9:
The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
The Girl Who Lived
The Woman Who Died
Face The Raven
Heaven Sent
Hell Bent

for class or series 10?

The arc this season failed

Heaven sent was great and would have worked regardless of the surrounding plot

Why is she even crying? She'll download the iPlayer version like everyone else anyway.

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/779662508705492994

Both.

Because she's got to have something to cry about on Twitter.

Can BBC i-player be accessed in America? I honestly don't know (live in UK).

No.

why are people complaining about the gay sex?
fady is hot

But it's gonna be Greg aka receding hairline who's gonna be gay.

Y-you mean we won't get to see Fady naked? :(

It's not gay the first time, guys.

>implying you know that

We'll probably see his bom regardless.

Hi cats

what the fuck are you talking about nerd

>but you killed him!
>I'm afraid he died a long time ago

I just saw that thread too and was pondering over the comment that Doctor Who does this "a lot". When has it ever happened in the show?

Also, welcome to our general, frogposter. Enjoy your stay and enjoy this (you).

no cure for cancer

Doomsday comes to mind instantly

Reminder that Class is by Patrick Ness and not Gareth Roberts.

kek.

Army of ghosts rather
Basically any time the doctor de-activates brainwashed/posessed people and they all die

what scene

Regeneration
>>
>>
>>

Sleep No More is outstandingly bad and perhaps worth checking out just to appreciate how bad things can possibly be.

All the rest seem to be divisive.