"I would say that awards are for children because children need a tangible representation of their achievement...

>"I would say that awards are for children because children need a tangible representation of their achievement, whereas adults should settle for the respect and admiration of their peers. But what do I know?"

Do you agree with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNRpb_E0jPc
youtube.com/watch?v=oH5AtMB4pMM
youtube.com/watch?v=3w9Ykc4g-2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Loser Mentality

Has he ever won an award?

>"I don't want an award"
>wins award
>"Thank you for this award, I have always wanted an award"

He said, after discovering that Yogi Bear was not nominated for any Oscars.

>person who no one would ever even possibly considering giving an award to for anything ever believes awards are meaningless

Shocked

youtube.com/watch?v=rNRpb_E0jPc

youtube.com/watch?v=oH5AtMB4pMM

>whereas adults should settle for the respect and admiration of their peers
Does he even get that much?

It's actually the people who don't win many awards that like the idea of them. Once you've been given enough accolades and recognition, it starts to seem meaningless.

Doesn't give a shit because they will never win one ---> Gives a shit because they don't win many and want more ---> Gives a shit because they have won quite a bit and love the feeling ---> Doesn't give a shit because they know they're good and don't care about recognition

He is right you know.

So he's working for free, right? Money are just a childish tangible way to represent someone's work value, true adults only need respect of their peers

I hate this smug asshole so much. Know nothing of him, just REALLY dislike his smug attitude in every promo or clip I see of him.

Either way, when your film has to, in fact, have spent a certain amount of money on marketing just to even be considered to be a candidate in whatever category you want to submit your film for, you should kind of already know it's a bunch of bullshit. But maybe most people don't know that, I don't know.

What he should take issue with is the monetization of art in general and how it affects the quality of the finished product/how we decide it's creative merit.

Observe the face of respect and admiration of a peer

youtube.com/watch?v=3w9Ykc4g-2Y

Silicon Valley S4 when?

>I hate this smug asshole so much. Know nothing of him, just REALLY dislike his smug attitude in every promo or clip I see of him.

That's the act, but yeah, the show is still very patronizing.

Yeah. Everytime I see him, it makes me realize how badly I wish for more seasons of P&T's Bullshit. I very much prefer their method of approach.

Just watched that clip despite all that though, motherfucking Ray Wise was a huge surprise.

LA Beast won an award? Was it for puking?

>Commenting on jews putting themselves on a pedestal and awarding each other for their success in cheating the goyim

OY VEY

i actually feel the opposite

i dont give a fuck about what people think but I always want the box ticked and the closing email or documents, parchment, certificate , award or license. Something physical.

Your analogy is retarded. Money is not a tangible way to represent achievement as you can make money doing nothing relevant and not make money while doing relevant stuff.

And awards don't let you buy stuff and make a living (unless you melt the trophies of course).

he's right, that's a good attitude to have about award shows.

Now take Kanye's attitude that sees award shows as making one winner and a handful of LOSERS out of categories, that's a fucking loser attitude

Wasn't he the on heavily backing the awards? He said that they know it's childish, but it's their thing. It's fun for the people in Hollywood.

Silicon Valley is the best show now desu senpai.