It's that time again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY
youtube.com/watch?v=4rRaMyHZr1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Breaking Bad is GOAT

I agree.

The Wire is highly overrated

The Matrix sequels are still amazing movies and have some of the best action scenes ever filmed in them, I dare you to post a better car chase than Reloaded that isn't praised for some meta reason like the methods used to film it or how influential it was

Better car chase = Fury Road

prove me wrong

The Force Awakens is good.

Tina Fey is not funny.

The searchers isn't a good film aside from cinematography and even then it isn't that impressive.

Wojak>pepe

Prometheus is better than Aliens

Kill yourself

Godfather III is actually pretty good, not special compared to the first two but I still like it a lot and it holds it's own in the trilogy

I'm a tits guy

> The Big Lebowski is one the most overrated movie of all time

> Anomalisa was really shitty.

People like this should be exterminated.

Why don't you go back to Cred Forums and stay in Cred Forums and keep Cred Forums in Cred Forums where Cred Forums belongs!?!

This is a place for serious discussion of film and the cinema.

>pic related

SW prequels were shit

Mel Gibson movies are overrated though not bad

MDE is unfunny schlock

Agreed

The star wars saga is trash tier flicks with trash tier story.

the faggot fans have been keeping that shit and the actors careers afloat, now disney is flogging the dead horse.

>> The Big Lebowski is one the most overrated movie of all time

I dont see this as an unpopular opinion.
Every contrarian out there thinks this

I liked Fury Road a lot and thought Furiosa was a pretty decent character.

x men: age of ultron is good

I kinda liked Freaks & Geeks I don't know what's the popular opinion on it tho

I think the Matrix Sequels aged better.
They are a lot more fun to watch than the original.

I don't understand why the godfather is seen as a pinnacle of cinema, I don't get it

and for my ganster movie, I prefer Scarface and Goodfella, so maybe I'm just a pleb in that genre

I liked fury road but Furiosa was boring, side character like Nux or the bulletfarmer or that old cunt with her seeds were more interesting

This isn't quite the best example of any of the following ever created (forever and all time): art, literature, music, "manga", sculpture, cinema, film, movie, television, radio, podcast, or aesthetic experience.

Batman and Robin is the only one of the original Batman series worth watching. At least it's so over the top as to be funny. Tim Burton doesn't understand a thing about Batman, Michael Keaton was horribly miscast and even by 80s/90s standards the set design for that entire series was atrocious. It never once looks like their actually outside in any of the movies.

Stay is one of the best psychological thrillers

Donnie Brasco is my pick for best gangster movie
Not sure why nobody remembers it

>Mel Gibson movies are overrated though not bad

I'm curious. Can you be more specific?

I think Tarantino is the greatest director alive

JAWS 2 is better than JAWS 1.

Although I love both, the Terminator is better than Judgment Day. The Terminator is an original sci-fi/horror/thriller. Judgment Day is just a really good action movie.

Lol

Terminator 2>3>1

Batman and Robin was Joel Schumacher, not Tim Burton. The Burton movie is the one with Nicholson as Joker and it's p good famalam.

My unpopular opinion: Batman Forever is better than both of them.

>Tina Fey is not funny
Post your address right fucking now so I can drive over to your fucking house and kill you.

Hobbit 3 is the Citizen Kane of cinema

No shit. But their generally considered to be in the same series and are packaged together in the DVD set. Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Forever are all garbage. So is Batman and Robin but at least it has Arnold being hilarious in it.

BvS is the second greatest capeshit ever made and Eisenberg's Lex Luthor is an amazing villain.

Back To The Future Part II is better than Part III

>Eisenberg's Lex Luthor is an amazing villain.

What do you mean "generally considered"? They were made 8 years apart.

Not that user but you're the first person ever that I have seen who separates them, yes they are directed by different people and don't have the same Bruce Wayne, but most people consider them all part of one series.

Well obviously. 3 doesn't even have time travel for most of the movie.

The entire highway scene is over the top and fun.
Have someone who knows jack shit about the series walk in, see an Agent hop from one car to another, flip that car, and hop onto the caddy Trinity was driving. What's their response?

I can see both points of view. You can separate the Burton films from the Schumaker films. But, they're all the movies that came out every other year when I was a kid. So, I group them together on that level.

Out of curiosity, what's the greatest?

back to the future 2 is better than back to the future 1

Matrix 2 is good. 3 is pure shit, except for the Dragon Ball Z fight scene, which is so over the top it's great.

I didn't like the godfather

Why are you pretending that your awful prequel opinion is in anyway unpopular? It's possibly one of the largest film related memes on the Internet.

Alt 85 Biff > Pre-timetravel 85 Biff > 15 Biff > 55 Biff > 1885 Biff > Post-timetravel 85 Biff>

Wrong.

I bet he'd say watchmen

These threads can be about what is popular in the world, but also what is popular here, stop being so new.

If you use the word "Ending" you are wearing a proverbial billboard that says you have the vernacular and opinions of a 12 year old. This is not how professionals in the industry talk. This is not how historians talk. This is not how critics talk. Yet the plebeian teenage-filled internet LE ENDING ENDING WAT WAS W/ DA ENDING SIK ENDING SHIT ENDING ENDING ENDING I LIKED DA ENDING DA ENDING WUZ SHIT every two fucking words.

Get fucking castrated you fucking plebs.

White people dying would cure 80% of humanity's problems.

Not even joking.

He's gonna say Dark Knight like every other pleb.

I've read reviews where Pauline Kale, Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel all use that term. I've heard many directors use it too. Movie critics and crew aren't all avowed grammarians.

>80% of humanity's problems.
Oh no, it'd start tenfold anew of problems for humanity.

Only 80%?

This and the Evil Dead remake are the best horror movies made in the past 10 years

I should really check this out.

Is not thinking Hush is good an unpopular opinion? It seems to be pretty well respected even on here.

But then who would pay for the rest of the world's welfare?

Every time I bring it up someone tells me it's generic and "reddit"

2001 - A Space Odyssey is literally the most boring shit I've ever watched.

This movie was garbage are you people kidding me? What about this in any way was good? Why was there even a killer? Could have been a crazed fan or something like that but no, just random unexplained guy who likes stabbing

This movie was garbage are you people kidding me? What about this in any way was good? Why was there even a killer? Could have been a crazed fan or something like that but no, just random unexplained guy who likes stabbing

The Force Awakens is the best Star Wars movie

Man of Steel is a great movie

most arnie movies are garbage

All of these had background explanations and one was a woman you moron

Yeah except this board shits on them as well you fucking dumbass. Only /r/starwars is a prequel sympathy space, so nice one on outing yourself as a redditor you cuckold.

I'm going to watch it tomorrow for the first time. Pretty excited.

>I dare you to post a better car chase than Reloaded that isn't praised for some meta reason like the methods used to film it or how influential it was
So you want a car chase that is praised for no good reason?

Most moves pre-60s have horrible acting

Sequels 2-7, 9 of the The Land Before Time sequels are still comfy and enjoyable

I have no idea what r/starwars is lel.

Go to bed user.

action movies are the worst thing to happen to film, and no one criticizes them because they're just shitty entertainment
there has never been a single good action movie

The Lord of the Rings movies are pretty boring and are only okay overall.

I thought you were a Sam user, turns out you were just a Boromir.

here's my capekino opinions

MOS was genuinely good. Not as good as the first Iron Man or Avengers but was definitely better than Thor 2 and Captain America. watched it twice in the cinema

BvS bored me. it took 3 tries to finally finish the movie. Thank God i didn't pay for it.

Didn't understand Watchmen when it came out, watched it recently and although it bored me, it was also good. kind of a like a painting, you know it's a good painting but you don't want to stare at it all day because that would be boring

all in all, Zack snyder just doesn't know how to ENTERTAIN his audience and keep them on the edge of their seats, you can't invite your mates to your place and watch BvS, you'd put everyone to sleep. maybe this isn't an unpopular opinion but it is on Cred Forums

I fucking love bleach and I'm genuinely worried that the warner bros movie will be worse then the anime.

neither does the first

that's the popular opinion though?
everyone hates III

MOS was interesting and I really tried to give it a chance. It was ambitious, but failed to reach the heights that it seemed like it was aiming for.

I was a little irritated by the Snyder-philosophy 101-stuff like young Clark reading Plato's Republic

a car chase that is praised because of the actual content of the chase.

Ariel is a whore

My favorite Tarantino movies are the "plebcore" ones like Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill

she's gonna be real sad once she hits 30

I was bored during the Fury Road car chase. I mean it was good it just felt like it was too long which should never be a thought in the middle of an action sequence.

Most people like it. I think it's corny sometimes, but I enjoy watching it every now and then

Why do people like Batman Forever yet shit on Batman & Robin?

Le Samourai is really boring

They have the same butler

It had a slight amount of substance and a couple interesting and dark moments despite all the horse shit.

Batman and Robin was all of the horse shit without any of the fun stuff.

this is my all-time favorite movie by a significant margin and also the only Tarantino movie other than Jackie Brown that's worth watching more than once

You're going to the fucking death camps, son

>Why do people like Batman Forever yet shit on Batman & Robin?
youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY

Pulp Fiction has epic dialogue, Jackson and Travolta scenes are by far some of the best ive seen in movies

youtube.com/watch?v=4rRaMyHZr1o

it wasn't good but that remains correct. aliens is a truly awful movie

Came here to post this

I actually liked Man of Steel, it's the best modern DC movie out there, it's not perfect, it's not as simply entertaining as Marvel movies, but it has good art design and people bitching about Superman killing people fail to realize this entire movie is his origin story. Metropolis taking it up the ass (an event he had no real control over because several aliens as powerful as him were on the loose without a care in the world and he was still becoming a hero at that point) and killing Zod was the summation of every action he took to that point, it's what enforced his strict no-kill policy. He only becomes Superman as we know him at the very end.

Unfortunately Snyder and Co. can't into consistency, BvS is better left forgotten. It isn't the sum of its parts.

Both the DC movies and the Marvel movies are complete shit you fucking comic book faglords.
I hate you and I hate that Warner Bros is spending so much time and money trying compete with Marvel for your fucking manchild bucks.
Give it a fucking rest and grow the fuck up, jesus.

Capekino is the adventure/swashbuckling genre of the modern day, some of the most successful and beloved films of all time are classic adventures with classic characters, and today we can do more with them than ever

while sustaining a drop in quality due mainly to the writers strike L O S T is some of the best television ever presented to us

twin peaks season 2 is only bad when it comes to scenes that involve billy zane and nadine

fury road was fun and i liked watching it

the force awakens was a decent but far exceeded any star wars movie presented between 1997 and 2005

donnie darko is pretty good

baneposting is the greatest meme this board has ever seen or created. i've loved every minute of being a part of it since 2012 and mods/jannies are most of the reason Cred Forums has sucked in half a decade because they let shit threads run rampant and kill original content

RLM are fun and humorous

Cred Forums is the worst thing to happen to Cred Forums since scientology raids

>hating anything created by Based Cameron: God of Earth and Cinema
>2016

phelous is the best tgwtg producer

Yes, it's goat

Office Space is pure kino

Miley a cute

not unpopular opinion. you mustve missed years of TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT

Star Wars original trilogy is a mediocre collection of clichés awkwardly packaged into science fiction. all main cast except Ford are pretty bad.

I didn't like Taxi Driver. Too awkward and lots of boring scenes.
What's her face was good I guess.

>Bill Murray, Chris Farley, and Norm McDonalds are not, were not, and probably never will be funny
>inb4 "u don't understand the le ebin humor of the legen -wait for it- dary bill murray xD did you even see his reddit ama?"

>Goodfellas>The GodFather
God father has too much glorification, Goodfellas tells it how it was

>Pulp Fiction is a patrician movie

>T2>Robocop>T1

>TDK is over rated, everyone jerks of ledger bc he is kill

Also, I know this isn't Cred Forums but they're all hipster faggots so i'll post it here

>Freebird>Bohemian Rhapsody> Stairway

give me your hate

>Goodfellas>The GodFather
>Pulp Fiction is a patrician movie
>T2>Robocop>T1

yep
>Freebird>Bohemian Rhapsody> Stairway
literally who gives a fuck. they're all fucking horrible.
it's 2016 dad, time to evolve past the 70s

>Methods used to film it
>Meta reason
Low intellect redditor detected

People don't only pick up on editing and directing in films after seeing meme YouTube videos about it; you can actually tell when watching a movie for the first time what elements make it good/bad if you aren't a retard

Fury road and the road warrior both have the indisputably best car chases of all time because if how they look, how they feel, and those reasons exist because of how they were made

Eat shit

The first star wars movie is the only one worth watching, and only really for the cool designs.

The lotr movies are shit.

refn is a snyder tier talentless hack.

bourne legacy is the only one worth watching, and even that one is a 5/10.

dumb and dumber is actually a very clever comedy movie.

Star Trek has never interested me.
The Godfather Part II pales in comparison to Part I.

IMDB top 250 has a lot of great films on it. This opinion seems pretty unpopular here

>dumb and dumber is actually a very clever comedy movie.

literally no one has ever thought otherwise, ever

>This isn't quite the best example of any of the following ever created (forever and all time): art, literature, music, "manga", sculpture, cinema, film, movie, television, radio, podcast, or aesthetic experience.

What did he mean by this?

>epic
>I know how to make my own coffee xD

Dragon Ball Z is kino.

Dragon Ball super became kino in the black goku/future trunks saga

Also Burn Notice is a great show and Donnie Darko is one of the worst movies ever made