ITT: Bad Show Premises

>Woman joins MBL as pitcher
>Average MBL pitch is 90 mph
>Highest recorded pitch by a woman is 69 mph

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6R-cF-5CciE
youtube.com/watch?v=35Sb5Jdtzz8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the premise? I assume from the commercials she has some magic meme pitch.
>female power fantasy

Woman joins MLB because shes amazing, muh stronk womyn

If she's a knuckleballer I could buy it.

What is MLB?
BLM from an alternate universe?

she can pitch 80 in the show

She better have a hell of an offspeed pitch then. I guess Barry Zito won a Cy Young topping out at 85ish but his curve was other worldly for a few years.

Maybe she's on roids?

This show might've been interesting if they didn't try to portray it as some kind of future normal.

major league baseball

She tops out in the high 80s on her fastball on the show. I'm not saying it's possible, just telling you what they said in the show.

To be fair she has magical ghost dad powers that she gained when her dad died in a car wreck. Maybe she had a bionic arm put in like in a Rookie of the Year (or was that Angels in the Outfield?)

Cred Forums is fucking terrible when you can't even tell if this is serious or not

>Maybe she had a bionic arm put in like in a Rookie of the Year (or was that Angels in the Outfield?)
That was neither movie

She had a shit game and an average game.

It was rookie of the year idiot

I think he means Rookie of the Year where the kids breaks his arm and has some kind of deformity that lets him throw hard.

>tiny woman
>no shoulders
>obviously just a cardio bunny
>supposedly has an 85 mph pitch

This is unrealistic, she has the arms of a 13 year old kid

neither had bionic arms. one had angels aand the other nerve damage.

I'll take nitpicking for $1000 Alex
8-)

In rookie of the year he broke his arm and then was able to throw fast you fucking invalid. Kill yourself before you make this same mistake again you stupid faggot. Literally go downstairs, get a knife and cut your fucking throat.

>fastest baseball pitch by a female is 69 mph (111.05 km/h) and was achieved by Lauren Boden (USA), on the set of 'Officially Amazing' in Claremont, California, USA, on 20 September 2013 (Guinness Book of World Records official website)
>average MLB fastball pitch is ~92 miles per hour
>never mind all that, though

>live in Tolerance Zone #65
>be nu-trans fourth trimester transsensual Angst Profile ZETA-8 genderqueer pseudo-dyke reformed lesbiophilic heteromollusc
>see cis white male at the zoo
>ask "mommies, what's that?"
>they don't know
>Genderless Polyamorous Parental Unit #2 takes me into a Safe Zone and engages the Feelings Shield
>tells me that it is a monster from the beforetime
>tells me not to be scared, because the monsters' penisocracy was smashed by the forces of the LBJQGTA5 Coalition in the Patriarchy Wars
>start to cry
>s/he opens his and/or her rainbow mesh vest and retrieves an estrogen pill to cheer me up
>feel the calming femininity wash over me
>s/he tells me that the monsters aren't allowed to hurt anyone anymore, only to work, to support our glorious society
>go back out to gaze once more at the cis-gendered abomination
>throw Privilege Peanuts at him
>everyone laughs
>take some soma
>go home and read some consensus-approved, feelings-safe literature while watching Pitch (2016) on Fox

Damn, you are triggered

>69 mph
>'Officially Amazing'
kek

A jump from a record high of 69 to 80 something isn't all that different from when Walter Johnson showed up and blew everyone else the fuck out.

>>be nu-trans fourth trimester transsensual Angst Profile ZETA-8 genderqueer pseudo-dyke reformed lesbiophilic heteromollusc
>Genderless Polyamorous Parental Unit #2 takes me into a Safe Zone and engages the Feelings Shield

>FOX
Expect this to get cancel misseason unless it's just chalk full of sex and melodrama.
They got over with that hip hip show so now they're trying to find anything that will click again with black folks and coal burners.

>it's a Cred Forums has an odd difficulty accepting the idea of fictional events taking place in fictional settings episode

>They got over with that hip hip show
The fuck are you talking about? Empire is still huge.

But she's black that makes her stronger

will this show make it to season 3?

it's hilarious because the fastest woman pitch ever is 69 MPH

i threw that hard as a 13 year old

little leaguers hit that too

i remember being 16 and hitting 80 on the gun

pathetic

women are fucking pathetic

Any feet?

>making a thread about this again

there have been baseball movies made with kids, animals, dead people, probably aliens, robots, etc, but somehow this triggers you still

Look it's fucking fine in the show

She tops out at like 80 which isn't an unrealistic development for a star female given how shit our female baseball players are, a star athlete dedicated to the sport could do that.

And her strength is a screwball, which works because it's both a nasty pitch and one which nobody uses.

Like I get calling out a show for being crap but they keep it realtively believable for a show with A FUCKING GHOST, we even get Joe Buck being a shit announcer

>pitch

but who catches?

Well those were somewhat more believable, this is just ridiculous.

We're you the same guy claiming he could throw 70 at 10 years old?

>She tops out at like 80 which isn't an unrealistic development
>11+ above the WORLD RECORD is realistic
Also the reason screwballs are no longer used is because they are considered dangerous and are highly unreliable.

>Higher than womens peak throw
>Realistic

that would make sense if she had a strong upper body. she doesn't. it's stupid. it's a bait show meant to play on all this SJW safe space shit to "empower women".

it's just as bad as that macguyver reboot.

Guys look at who actually plays women's baseball

These aren't the best female athletes, those go into shit like tennis, track and field, hockey or even fucking softball.

It's basically a recreational league. If a legit athlete played it most of their life that velocity isn't that insane

>Also the reason screwballs are no longer used is because they are considered dangerous and are highly unreliable.
Implying a club is going to protect the development of their gimmick female pitcher

>a star athlete dedicated to the sport could do that
Then why haven't they? You make it sound like it's the easiest thing in the world so why has no one done it?

Kind of sounds like you're just projecting

they are still used, but not by many

there's no margin for error with them, if you don't get the spin right youve just tossed a juicy slow soft toss to a major league hitter that is gonna land next tuesday

the reason why the knuckleball works (when thrown right)is that its movement is impossible to predict - because of the uneven/asymmetrical stitching on a baseball the ball can move in any direction and is very difficult to judge despite the fact that its moving relatively slow

>fyi Steven Wright (not the comedian) is a knuckleballer for the Red Sox who made to this year's all star team

these days pitchers are selected for raw velocity, variety of pitches and pinpoint control - people who rely on gimmick pitches like the knuckler rarely even get on a scouts' radar

Because there's literally zero money, scholarships or even coaching in female baseball

I think most softball skills translate pretty directly to baseball - except maybe for the pitching since the motions are very different.

I never understood why girls continue to play softball instead of baseball.

Why sin't there a market for professional female baseball?

I want her to handle my baseballs

>market for any ''''''professional'''' female sport that doesn't involve them dressing like sluts

Good one.

Same reason there isn't a market for other female sports.

>female power fantasy
Nah, that means a common girl being treated like shit by a rich powerful man but deep down he loves her

>If a legit athlete played it most of their life that velocity isn't that insane

I mean, there are lots of female atheletes, but they usually seem to branch off into other sports or careers once they finish college or move out the country to play the sport professionally. Like personally I never see the WNBA adverstised which sucks, and I though Lingerie Football was the female equivalent of the NFL when I first saw it when I was in middle school....yet I felt like it overly sexualzied women who were playing the sport like it was for recreation.

>last pitch of this clip is realistic for this show: 57mph
youtube.com/watch?v=6R-cF-5CciE

youtube.com/watch?v=35Sb5Jdtzz8

That's what he said. I think user is using pro wrestling lingo.

>he doesn't know what "getting over" means

If they really wanted to make the first woman mlb player believable, she should've been a scrappy singles-hitting 2nd basewoman - not a power hitting position and no arm strength really required.

'no'

>go home and read some consensus-approved, feelings-safe literature while watching Pitch (2016) on Fox

She's nice to look at. I don't believe this shit'll make it past a second season though. FOX is ruthless.

>throw Privilege Peanuts at him
Why did I laugh so hard

>pro-wrestling lingo
I'm not white-trash, so no.

Who threw this? holy shit.

Don't talk shit about Ghost Dad powers.

I can't stop laughing at this

Steven Wright

Guys, what are some other shitty shows coming out this fall that you guys think won't make it through to a second or third season?

Speechless and Bull seem either offensively bad or just plain dull, I can't believe Tony left NCIS for this.

>I can't believe Tony left NCIS for this.
He left because he felt he overstayed his welcome in the show since Ziva left (read: for two+ seasons).

~60% of new tv shows never get a second season

so to answer your question: most of them

I'm tired of shows that feel so generic, my favorite shows like Madmen, Sopranos and the Wire felt authentic and even if they had similar concepts or cinematography, they done it in a way that felt genuine.

that team needs a new catcher

no one wants to catch that kind of sorcery

Because they've played softball all their lives, so it's what they're good at. You thrown a smaller baseball at a softball player and they're going to have a terrible batting average. This also means that any female baseball league is going to have insanely terrible pitchers due to how different the pitching style is from baseball.

That reminds of in 7th grade when a girl didnt want to play softball anymore and joined the little league team of baseball with all guys. She was a pitcher in softball but just could not handle the baseball and whenever the coach decided to give her a shot at pitching she would throw the ball over the batter's head and into the stands. Took her about a year and a half to get adjusted since she played softball for several years prior to starting baseball.