Jamey Sheridan a shit

Based of the King novel?

Is it good?
Movie, show, or epic poem?

>off of

Just 'off'.

Baby do you love your man?

Quit posting Nadine.

It's my favorite King miniseries. I love It but after watching this it's way better imo.

What's that one about? Haven't heard of it actually.

>Baby do you love your man?
Baby do you dig your man, he's a righteous man.

Which I believe somewhere during the dark Tower series Eddie Dean hears that playing on the radio in Kansas (post Mejias story arch in WaG.)

I'm watching Tommyknockers and it's not that good imo. I like Langoliers and that says something.

Which is way better? Your grammar is hard to follow.

I'm tired as fuck and it's 4 am, I say The Stand honestly is better.

Yea, not so great.

But what's weird is that everyone bashes King's books and movies, yet he has a huge success rate in both:
Misery
Carrie
The Shining
Shawshank Redemption I nearly wrote red dead redemption
1408 to a degree
etc

>I'm watching Tommyknockers and it's not that good imo. I like Langoliers and that says something.

watch it

youtube.com/watch?v=FYQnVGwlz0o

I've never read any of Kings books and I have no idea where to start. I love the miniseries and Flagg was a really interesting character.

Molly Ringwald a qt and fuck Harold the cuck.

>tfw Red Dead Redemption should of been a movie or mini series
>tfw even the game itself is Kino and its writing makes pretty much everything else in the vidya medium pale in comparison, even the other Rockstar titles

>Misery
>Carrie
The Shining
>Shawshank Redemption I nearly wrote red dead redemption
>1408

All good to me and Red Dead is a good game so no mistake would have been made if I can say so. 1408 is underrated and Pet Semetary is a classic as well.

>I played with mommy now I want to play with you!

Depends what you want exactly. Horror, drama, etc.

"The Walk" is a short story. Check it out.
Sci fi but mainly historical fiction (also has a show): 11/22/63
Green Mile is a classic, but I find bits of it quite boring. I actually prefer it over the movie and I don't know why.
Dreamcatcher is famous, but I haven't read it
The Stand: Long as fuck but good. Great characters

Those are good starts I guess. Get ready for long stories within stories. Not too bad I think.

I think I'm going to start with The Stand, I love long books and which is the best version? I heard there is an 80's and a 90's to be more contemporary and whatnot.

Well, Red Dead is great but it's not a King story.

1408 actually spooked me out.
I haven't read or seen Pet Semetary. Probably time I do since I've seen literally 30+ parodies/satires of it.

youtu.be/g86R7RVlOw4?t=46s

I would start with Different Seasons. It has Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil, The Body (Stand by me) and the very short The Breathing Method.

It is a good primer on his writing style, written during a good time in his life. As far as his actual writing style, Dance Macabre and On Writing are both great.

I'm not wanting to derail the thread but Max Payne 3 was pretty kino as well. Gta5 is a step back and I love 4.

>That god/devil that John sees.

Undead Nightmare as simplistic as it was fun as fuck.

I did the Uncut which is the newest/longest. It was totally fine. i don't think there is going to be anything huge in difference. I just know Uncut has loads of added things storywise that don't impact the plot but flesh out characters even more.

You like long stories huh?
Pillars of the Earth and its sequel are two great long books. Also, they have TV series now

Semetary is fucked up and has a GOAT setting, King wrote it because he was afraid his son was almost ran over and it bothered the fuck out of him.

Check out Cat's Eye also, has Cujo and Quitters incorporated is perfect.

>I'll be watching you

Sounds good. I'll throw them onto my Kindle

Desperation and the Regulators

Some fucked up shit right there

Cat's Eye is pretty fun movie also. Every time I listen to Sting I can't help but think of that party scene.

watching the stand as an 10 year old was a mistake

I saw a bit of Desperation with Perlman on Syfy but that was years ago and I never read it. Can't recall if it was good or not.

I don't like to read anything less than 700-1000 pages, I spread it out over span of a month.

I really need a kindle or something because my pc is dead and I spend too much time here on my phone and reading on phone is uncomfortable as fuck. I prefer paper though and I love the smell of a well aged book.

>>That god/devil that John sees.

that was probably the best part because it was essentially the key to the main plot and misnomer for the title and yet it was completely optional with no markers pointing to him at all and yet his plotline serves to offer introspection to John as well as underline the rest of the surface plot

>tfw i loved the book but only made it two episodes in the series before dropping it
i cried like a bitch after tom found out about nick

I didn't discover it until my second playthrough and I love that storyline.

>mfw seeing that horse fucker

What was it that bothered you? I'm going to guess Nadine "seduction" in the desert.

>mfw seeing that crazy bitch that taunted Nick and Tom.

I would've fugged honestly...

I prefer physical books too but my Kindle is a god save. A billion books, weighs nothing, can read it in the blazing sun (not like a phone) or in a total blackhole (unlike a real book).
Good power saving too.

how did based harold die in the show?
in the book he crashes his motorcycle of a steep embankment and breaks both his legs. then he climbs back up to his bike and shoots himself after writing a note apologizing for the bombing

does nick not fug her in the show?

Exactly the same way and Harold is a grudge holding pussy cuck nigga. Molly Ringwald is qt as fuck in the miniseries.

Nah they go outside to give Tom Pepto Bismol and she tried telling Tom it was poison because he's paranoid of modern medicine and Nick almost slaps the fuck out of her and she runs off then shoots at them.

She does grab his dick in the pharmacy before they go to give Tom medicine.

>grudge holding pussy
fran started fucking literally the first other guy they came across so i can see why he was mad.
then he got over fran and used nadine as a sex toy for two months leading up to the bombing.
pretty based desu

oh. in the book they do it right there in the store and then all that stuff happens

Nadine didn't even give him none just hand stuff and maybe anal. She was pretty clear early on how she felt and he just had to hold on.

Read it in his voice.

Oh shit I gotta read that now, show was comfy as fuck. I know Dark Tower is being made as a movie and how everyone is throwing a fit over Elba but I think Mcaughnehey could pull off Flagg in a Stand remake.

Bruh? its said that she does everything with him except for vaginal sex. She even asked him if he wants her to pretend to be his mom or sister

Damn Nadine kinky as fuck, too bad she got raped. I wish Larry got some, Larry based as fuck imo.

go to audible.com and sign up for a free trial. the audio book is really comfy and well read. and ya Mcaughnehey would be perfect now that you mention it

Who reads it? I might do that because I like to play them vidyas and grinding in rpgs can be tedious as fuck

its a shame they picked whoever that was to play nadine. in the book the way she is described makes her sound like she would look just like pic related. it makes it ten times better

Shill

Hr killed the fuck outta the role and something about him was oddly comforting.

Reminds me of that song Coca Cola cowboy.

ya because i would be shilling on the television and film board

She was a bit weird looking in the face with the greying hair and all but her in that red dress made muh dick hard.

some guy named Grover Gardner. you can go on the website and play a sample of his voice. he did such a good job that i had to pretend not to have a boner during the sex parts

It was an honest attempt. If you've read The Stand before hand, you're sorely disappointed, but it wasn't just flat-out awful. I feel a lot of how they handled it was the best that could have been done given the limitations of a made-for-TV movie.

I'd say I wish someone would take another crack at it, but knowing the political landscape today, it would be butchered. There's shit in the Stand that no liberal studio would touch. I mean, during the end of the world via Superflu, a black supremacy group starts executing whites live on national TV after having apparently taken over a studio.

I love the beginning the most.

>seasons don't fear the reaper

It would get forgotten because of shit like Walking Dead. They did fine with the series imo and it had a really good cast.

oh shit i forgot about that studio part.
why didnt they have the older woman Larry meets in new York in the show? i was very confused when he was calling her Nadine and she didnt overdose in the tent next to him

Dreamcatcher is breddy gud if you like aliens that crawl in and out of asses and fungal infections.

Didn't they make a Dreamcatcher movie? Is it any good?

I enjoyed the Dreamcatcher movie. The ending was retarded though. It's been so long I don't even remember what they changed, but it was a huge chunk of plot, and the ending didn't make a whole lot of sense.

It is definitely one of my favorite openings right next to drive

MY LIFE FOR YOU

GET OUTTA HERE TRASH

GONNA PUT YOU IN NUT HOUSE TRASH

does the trash can man get raped in the show?

It was a TV mini series and good in a nostalgic way. Some parts are just straight up cheese. You should know halfway through the first episode if you're into it.

Nah, Randall really likes Trash for some reason though.

He does the raping, but his heart was in the right place.

I love how everyone forgets the green mile is king as well.

It's not as horror centric and he's more known for suspense.

>Take my hand boss!

HAVE A SMOKE

Not me. I mention it later, and claim that I am not a huge fan of the movie. It's an unpopular opinion so I left it off the list.

Shawshank Redemption is the biggest surprise with King I believe. Nothing like his other stories.

Do they ever explain what "Captain Trips" was designed for?

The worst part of the movie was the rap the cast did over the closing credits

Dreamcatcher is in my opinion a very good contender for the worst King novel of all time. He wrote it while he wasn't still quite recovered from his accident and he was working through some of the traumas by writing it. It's incoherent and the ending is a mess.

Is Thinner worth a read/watch since I haven't seen it mentioned yet?

I like Christine since it hasn't been mentioned either.

I'll take your advice. I haven't read it.

I recall read Dick's A Scanner Darkly. Now that's a messed up book. I like the ending, especially in the movie, but overall it's kinda bleh. But it's not bad-bad, just okay.