You fuckers never told me just how comfy this show is. This is possibly the comfiest show I've ever seen god damn it

You fuckers never told me just how comfy this show is. This is possibly the comfiest show I've ever seen god damn it
Post some Star Trek you slack jawwed faggots

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-X69aDIFFsc&ab_channel=RomanBishop
youtu.be/LleeMp9aJH8
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_augment_virus
twitter.com/jonathansfrakes/status/779860666110709760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I still like TNG more. I've tried to get into TOS but im having a hard time.

>really slow, predictable plot
>all the characters are retarded and impulsive except Spock I guess
>not a whole lot of variety in plot from what I've seen

Maybe I just need to watch more episodes. I just like how TNG has a lot of episodes about "the human condition", like morality, aspiration, mortality, growth etc. They seem deeper.

I've watch seasons 5-7 of TNG, caught quite a few episodes on TV and a handful of Voyager and DS9 episodes. TNG is definintely my favourite, it's classic television.
But sitting down and watching some TOS pretty neat. All the camp sci-fi elements, old school 60s filming, the feeling that they are in a really early period of space exploration.
Star Trek is meant to be set in a future of space exploration and advanced technology. TNG feels like a near perfect future set on comfortable exploration - TOS feels like the wild west, truly going where no man has gone before.

>this is considered a 10/10 """cake""" in the Bajoran sector
Does Nana Visitor have dementia?

TNG is very different. I grew up watching both. TNG is way more into diplomacy and philosophy. TOS is the original Space Cowboy show. There's hard thematic overlap, if you want to think of it as a ven diagram, but they were trying to accomplish very different things. Kirk is a flamboyant, ridiculous ass who's blazing a trail through the stars. Picard is a professional, calculating diplomat trying to spread good faith for the federation.

Jean Luc Picard talks you into a corner and makes you feel ashamed of yourself if you cross him. James T. Kirk punches you in the mouth.

Picard's Enterprise D is like a flying embassy in space. He hosts foreign diplomats and all that good shit. Kirk's Enterprise is like a covered wagon by comparison. The Enterprise D is more formidable than most of what Picard's crew encounters. Kirk's Enterprise always seems to be in mortal danger.

To make an anime comparison, and a very loose one at that, Picard and crew are Public Security Section 9, and Kirk and friends are like the compliment of the Bebop.

Thanks for the responses guys, I get what you're saying. I'm going to try to watch TOS with a different perspective.

Also keep in mind that the fucking show is from the 60's. They could only do so much. Both TNG and TOS have more mediocre episodes than great, but when they nail it, it's really something. TOS especially, since they got far fewer opportunities to deliver those special episodes due to a shoestring budget and the social climate of the time. They were producing a kind of show that had literally never been attempted before. There was nothing to compare it to at the time, yet it still holds up at times, often being better than anything produced today in various ways.

All those space series started with Star Trek. Battlestar Galactica (new and old), Firefly, Babylon 5, Farscape, Andromeda, and a fuckton of movies all share a taxonomic branch springing out of TOS. Shit, Cowboy Bebop is on that same branch, if you're into that sort of thing.

To make another anime comparison, it's the Mobile Suit Gundam of live action shit. The two shows are highly comparable. They were both huge "firsts" in their genres in many of the exact same ways. They both had huge ideas and almost no budgets, and achieved massive influence and acclaim despite this, going on to influence everything after them.

I kind of wince when people say they can't get into TOS for the same reasons I wince when people nitpick Gundam 0079's dogshit art and animation. You have to look at it the way the people of the time looked at it, or at least try to. It's way more profound when you realize how many of its tropes you're already tired of didn't exist when it aired.

I feel you on this. I'm a big Doctor Who guy, make of that what you will, and I've seen the show from beginning to end.
Fans of the new show say they can't watch the old stuff - and more often than not, the old stuff is fucking garbage. The budget was nearly invisible, the BBC meddled a lot and to be blunt - they often have terrible writers and actors.
But some times the show hit complete and utter gold - amazing quality considering how many problems it had. In my top 10 stories, most come from the earlier periods in the show.
People need to appreciate the quality of story telling and performance in spite of the hurdles that were in the way of shows like this.

TNG/DS9/VOY are much comfier.

aggghh same op

i just started it last week randomly and i always get this big goofy smile on my face as soon as it goes SPACE

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Was he our guy?

isn't him tyrone lansplaster from dragon khaleezi?

>mfw this post

youtube.com/watch?v=-X69aDIFFsc&ab_channel=RomanBishop

you can thank me later

TOS is amazing, I can't believe I slept on it for so long. All the characters are great, the skirts are short, the scripts are great and they don't seem to go beyond their limitations in plot.

Would you a salt vampire?

>It's a "Sulu gets drunk off of magic sweat and kidnaps all the fine bitches from the deck with a sword episode"

My favorite

I'm watching "Wink of an Eye" on BBC/America at this very moment. As usual, Kirk gets pussy.

r9k's guy maybe

I've never been so excited to see the baddy get punched in the face, I physically jumped up and shouted. Also, Helen a hoe

Is there a guide for when to watch the films in relation to the tv series?

TOS films come after TOS show

There are TOS films that cross over with other Star Trek series, isn't there? When should I be watching those?

glad we can all agree on the best TOSfu

Try again

that's a guy

try again

try again

looks like we are done here

No there isn't. Unless you mean generations but even that's to be watched after TNG

MUH

>OYE TOLD RICK BERMAN TO MAKE DE ENDIN OF DS9 A DREAM AN HE ACTUALLY DID IT DE MAD CUNT

I watched it last night and I still like TMP. It's the only one of the movies that feels like it exists in the same universe as the original series. From WoK and on there's some good movies, and the characters are recognizable, but it just doesn't have the same atmosphere as TOS for me.

>"Worf, find the guests Ferengi some quarters, and make sure they're not too close to mine. Space kikes can't seem to avoid "possessing" anything that isn't theirs..."

What did he mean by this?

That was Riker after he got replaced during the events of Parallels, in his universe the Ferengi are a race of evil spirits who follow The Rules of Possession and use their occultist practises to influence other species into giving them latinum in reparations for the shoah.

>post some Star Trek
>millennial redditors who have never seen TOS continue to post the same dull images and discuss the same 4 or 5 episodes of ds9 or TNG over and over again

this is why star trek threads on Cred Forums are so shit

holy shit what happened to her

>JUST

about 20 years passed and she got older

>>about this thick, this long

TOS is shit, if it wasn't, people would talk about it naturally.

>popular things are good
plebbit pls go

Bashir is still fuckable so your argument is invalid.

just watched this episode yesterday. It literally had no plot. The characters motivations were not explained at all. Worst episode so far together with The Naked Time.

>tfw wesley wasn't put to death

TOS crew were allowed to be human.

Picked had higher expectations of his crew.

Whenever someone wanted to respond with violence Picard would put them in their place and threaten them with confinement to quarters.

I remember a TOS episode, the find a being that seems all powerful and claims to be the mythical Apollo. Scotty keeps trying to kick his ass. At one point Kirk just finally scolds in an authoritative manner reminding him to follow orders, but then just smiles and tells Scotty to take it easy or the seemingly omnipotent guy is going to kill him, like he admires the fact that Scotty has seen this guy do all sorts of shit, but Scotty will still try to deck him if he disrespects a woman.

Yeah, I dunno what the fuck the motives for the villain was, but fucking with someones mind and turning them into a retard is enough to make me hate them.

Naked Time is pretty good simply because it gives us some decent insight on the characters.

Miri is probably the worst episode of TOS if you wanna go by things not being explained. There's just an identical copy of earth which is never looked into or explained + children actors.

Just started watching it last month?

Why did no-one tell me there were so many QTs?

fucking stupid sand snakes killed Julian Bashir

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

You just didn't listen, user.

He betrayed his people.

He was also the shittiest captain ever, Kira was the one who got him that Bird of Prey that he later used to betray his people.

Guys I really want to fuck Garak and I don't know how to feel about it. Should I just kill myself?

What do you mean? Nana Visitor still looks great.

She's fifty-nine and still looking fine.

Why is Garak wearing gloves?

No.

You don't give up, you find a way.

Go to a CON.

Cavity searches

I always watched heaps of Star Trek growing up but only recently marathonned it all.
On my second marathon now, rating each episode out of 10. Just began Enterprise.

So far I've got:
TOS Average Rating /10: 5.73
TNG Average Rating /10: 6.98
DS9 Average Rating /10: 6.71
VOY Average Rating /10: 6.08

Is that reasonable?

>Miri is probably the worst episode of TOS if you wanna go by things not being explained.
Did you not see the episode? It explains why there are only children and what happened.
mfw

Then leave.

I'm not comparing autisms with you.

I'm aware it explained that there was children. My issue was more that they never explained why there's an exact copy of earth which only differs after the 1960's.

>5 minutes into mutants & chill n bashir gives you this look
>what do you do?

Cavity searches.

>OYE TINK OY'LL TAKE A PASS ON DAT ONE GUYS, BUTCHOO GO AHEAD ...

>AN FOOKIN LEAVE TEH STATION, OYE AIN'T CLEANIN DAT UP AGAIN

Captain, I recommend a full spread of torpedoes!

Don't mind me, just posting the best TOS episode

That's not the Devil in the Dark.

That episodes great. The woman finally meets her husband after five years and she finds out that he built a robot fucktoy instead of using the technology to get back to her.

are you me?

The rock penis

If you think that's comfy wait till you hit Voyager.

Captain, I recommend a full spread of ass cheeks in order to accommodate for more cavity searches. As the stations security officer it is my duty to make sure no cavity goes unspelunked.

Ruk's outfit was on point

Agreed. Fire.

Anyone else feel bad for officer Bailey being guilted into living with the baby alien by Kirk?

>millennial redditors
You forgot to say numale, alt right, cuck and triggered.
Any other buzzwords I missed?

>Helen a hoe
She fine AF though God DAMN

Star Trek threads are some of my favorite threads on Cred Forums. I love you bitches and asking you guys about your sexual organs.

The end was pretty horrifying. Korby willingly vaporising himself is still disturbing

Words that need to be auto-filtered or instabans on Fedchan:

Spoonhead
Walnuthead
Klingoff
Greenblood
Hyoo-mon
Bajina
Ferengist
Ferengism
Ferengily
Ferenged
Ferengining
Ridgeracer
Pakled

Presidoot, the consensus on /redsquad/ is that these harmful, discussion-disrupting terms need to go.

if spock was a match for khan, could he take on captain american?

is dr. spock a super hero?

Chief of security Gowron here

A Bethazoid delegation landed on the station carrying an enormous amount of luggage that I had to sort through. So I vaporized their bags and cut their tongues out when they started protesting. Crisis averted

Is The Cage one of the best pilots to ever air on TV?

Come with me, pink-skin. These endless discussions bore me, and there are adventures to be had.

Considering it almost caused Star Trek to not happen, no. Bonus points for including the events of the pilot as backstory for the series, though.

>Is The Cage one of the best pilots to ever air on TV?
But it didn't, not until after TNG anyway

I skipped the Cage it's not on Netflix. Should I watch it? I know later in the season 1 there are some parts from it in an double episode.

>Considering it almost caused Star Trek to not happen, no.
The network executives liked it, they just didn't like that Gene cast his mistress as Number One.

It's a damn good episode though. Effects were actually pretty good for their time too and it has god tier music

Considering he was given the option of keeping her or Spock for the second pilot, I doubt that. Besides, she came back as Nurse Chapel, anyway.

It's worth a watch. The TOS episode "The Menagerie" is more or less a sequel episode, even though it does use some of the footage from the original. And Captain Pike is a supporting character in the 2009 and sequel movies, so it's neat to see where he came from.

Also, Pike's crew is pretty great. You've got teenage haircut Spock, milf Number One, stronger than average female drives Colt, some old Doctor that just drinks whiskey all the time, and a bunch of expendables. And the Cage era velvety uniforms look comfy.

That's a story that he made up to avoid hurting Majel's feelings.

>The "myth" of the network wanting to eliminate the female first officer was debunked by Herb Solow and Robert Justman in Inside Star Trek: The Real Story. In the book, they state that NBC supported the idea of a strong woman in a leading role, they only rejected Majel Barrett, feeling the actress is not talented enough to pull off such a role, and "carry" a show as co-star. (Inside Star Trek: The Real Story, p. 60)

Vulcans are 3 times as strong as humans.

Which is why Poon'tarred should be a tag in pr0n. Imagine a vulcan chick overpowering you and riding not stopping until you came all the precious bodily fluids you have inside your dried out balls because she can't help herself.

I would go on adventures with Commander Shran.

However, humans have more moxie and spunk than any other species, so we can easily defeat any """stronger""" alien in physical combat with a little willpower and derring-do.

Kyaaa!
*clasps hands together into a double fist and slams you in the back*

is it cannon though?

>cannon

>I skipped the Cage it's not on Netflix

It should be the first episode that queues up in Season 1, ahead of The Man Trap.

*decloaks behind you*

...heh...

*disrupts you in the back*
*gives you to my genetic cousins, the bat-like Remans, the ones that have always lived on the planet right next to ours, so you have to work in their mines*
*steals your Red Matter to feed to my star to keep it from going Supernova*
*flies into your past on my ultra juggernaut hardcore spiky ship which is actually a mining craft but run by Romulans not Remans and it can outgun any fully equipped Federation Starship and also destroy planets*

Nothing personnel... Human

>*flies into your past on my ultra juggernaut hardcore spiky ship which is actually a mining craft but run by Romulans not Remans and it can outgun any fully equipped Federation Starship and also destroy planets*
And it's modified with salvaged Borg technology AND it's friends with V'Ger in the 110% canon comic book.

Yes. At least in the Prime universe it is. Obviously not in the Kelvinverse, although Pike ended up in a wheelchair either way, so I guess that's his destiny or something

>be me
>a Romulan
>nemesis happens
F-Fuck
>2009trek happens
JUST

Why are Romulans so ugly compared to Vulcans? Was the story about them leaving Vulcan voluntarily a lie, and they're actually all the ugos who got exiled?

>friends with v'ger
The fuck you say

You think star trek is comfy? Try Buck Rogers, famiglia.

Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers come before TOS.

Duck Dodgers > Buck Rogers

The proto-Romulans left Vulcan 2,000 years before TNG. Somewhere in between they all developed a big forehead dent and a proclivity for really big shoulderpads.

>cannon

Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon are cheap Chinese knockoffs of Captain Proton

The shoulder padding was a 24th century "innovation" in Romulan clothing style.

I looked up captain proton and now I'm reminded that voyager exists. Thanks.

So I've finally started watching Enterprise after countless re-watches of TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY. I've only seen a couple of eps here and there while it was on local tv a long time ago, but never from the start, I'm also aware of the terrible finale twist. And surprisingly so far so good! Granted I've only watched 4-5 episodes of S1 so far but it feels alright. The production values look way above previous series too.

The Romulan forehead crest seems almost like it might be a 24th Century body modification trend. Unlike the Klingon ridge, which was supposed to be a total appearance retcon (until DS9 screwed it up by mentioning the difference in Trials & Tribbleations), it's notably not present on 23rd Century Romulans seen in the last two TOS movies, both of which were made after TNG's new look debuted.

But it's present on the 22nd century Romulans in Enterprise.

Don't watch Enterprise.

Knowing about the "twist" means it won't be terribad. Aside from the terrible intro song, its a pretty solid series.

Ignore .

The Klingon ridge origin (or lack thereof) was explained in Enterprise..

>You fuckers never told me just how comfy this show is. This is possibly the comfiest show I've ever seen god damn it
TOS is so comfy I can't bring myself to watch TNG 5 years later.

>the augment arc
>three episodes of angsty, whiny, teenage humans in tattered off-brand Hot Topic
>two episodes of angsty, whiny, teenage Klingon rebels
>one final act of Archer becoming half-Klingon
This was some really dumb, unnecessary shit.

Don't watch Enterprise.

ywn crash land on a icy planet, find caves leading to underground, discover a giant robot monster who's willing to be reprogramed to your will and will also teach you how to make androids, make a robot waifu and then transfer your mind into a robot body to fuck your robofu with unlimited stamina for all eternity while harboring plans of replacing the human race with perfect robots who can think and feel.

Why even live

What else is there to watch if you want more Trek\Sci-fi space shit. I've already watched BSG, all that's for me left is B5 probably.

Watch B5, it's pretty good.

I think I will soon enough.

Constable Gowron here

My investigation into the bombing of the school is concluded, and after a series of thorough interrogations I have determined that all the children conspired in the bombing and I have summarily executed them. Case closed.

Yes, he was an autistic sperg. Broccoli was up there too.

Why were Post-TOS Klingons written so badly? Corrupt to the bone, shortsighted, riding on " muh honor" buzzword meme. Even the Ferengi look more realistic as a society.

I know that feel.

I get what you're saying, but didn't that Klingon scientist in TNG: Suspicions say that non-warrior caste Klingons weren't thought very highly of? There must be a backbone to their society and it could definitely have been explored better, but there were other hints like all those elderly Majordomo type characters we saw in Klingon houses and ships.

man that corduroy coat must've caused some nasty static discharges.

B5, farscape, andromeda, stargate

Then you can get into the unfinished series that were still good. Odyssey 5, terra firma, or something with a fantasy twist like sanctuary. But before those watch the one season of total recall, it hit phillip k dicks world perfect and was far better than thr movie

D-DELETE THIS

>Replicated food?
>Replicated food makes your teeth go grey

You should watch Forbidden Planet.

Did the name Robert April ever come up at all in the JJ Trek movies? Even one little mention like when the said the name Mudd?

Nero is a romulan from the prime universe.
Where are his head ridges?
Why isn't he pale?

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

D R O P P E D

Watching this show in HD makes you realize how many upskirt shots this show had.

he actually seemed weirdly into it though, like he was pumped to live with Balok

But it is on Netflix. It's listed as season 1, episode 0.

But the idea that there was supposed to be a difference was first noted in DS9, prior to that, some joking about "Northern" and "Southern" Klingons aside, it could simply be assumed that despite the visuals, there was never meant to be a difference.

I fucking love this guy.

Nobody ever once mentioned a northern and southern side to the Klingon people. Not in the episodes I have seen anyway.

Oh yeah it is. I will watch it before The Menagerie. I am finishing now The Corbomite Maneuver (s01ep11) which is great.

Kirk is very by the books

At least Chris Pine isn't a dirty jew.

People always bring up the comfiness but its hard to express. Whenever you read about the dynamic between spock, bones, kirk and to some extent scotty, thats what they mean.

do you even?

Nooooooooooooooooo

>he likes Star Trek

Are you retarded? Besides the obvious passage of time, shes under harsh unflattering lighting.

The real reason why the klingons didn't have the ridge was money. In TMP when they had an actual budget the klingons had ridges.

Just eat space yeast and it'll go away.

>Imagine a vulcan chick overpowering you and riding not stopping until you came all the precious bodily fluids you have inside your dried out balls because she can't help herself.

NO
CHRIS

The last number of your post is how many lights you see. The first to get the correct amount is released back to the Federation under the Armistice Treaty and given a pardon by the Federation Council.

I thought of the reason a couple of years ago why they look so different.

The Klingons caught a disease from humans that made them very ill. Millions died and those that survived had their physical appearance altered. It took almost two decades for their ridges to grow back after they created an effective vaccine.

They should use this if Star Trek ever gets another sequel. It would also explain why they hate humans so much.

youtu.be/LleeMp9aJH8

How many fingers am I holding out on my left hand?

The way you're talking about TOS makes me believe you've hardly watched it and are relying on the common perception of the characters. Kirk fought if he had to do but he always did his best to avoid it. He's nothing like you describe.

How does he do it, Cred Forums?

Nigger there's already a canon explanation for it

Nope. Robert April is pretty much non-canon at this point. It was only ever a name that came up in producer notes and got picked up by show bibles and EU stuff.

A full spread of photon torpedoes.

Which is?

He was in the animated series.

God bless your tenacity and indeterminate gender.

Back at you, baby.

What are Prophets?

They already went into the Klingon change in Enterprise.

After the Eugenics war, Data's great grandfather who invented Khan sold the formula for Captain America to the Klingons.

They tried to use it to create a race of SuperKlingons, but because the formula involved Human DNA, the Klingons that received the formula mutated to look more Human/lost their forehead ridges, and were consequentially exiled from Qo'nos for being impure. They were allowed to serve the Empire in deep space, but not to return home.

This is why Starfleet encountered mostly smooth headed Klingons; they were the genetically modified results of trying to use TCRI Mutagenic Ooze on a Klingon (or the descendants of those).

You were sorta close but not really.
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_augment_virus

>Be me
>Me on Cred Forums
>OP on the ocean
>OP's eyes wide
>His sails unfolded
>Me and OP on Cred Forums
>Me and OP on the ocean
>The beast of Cred Forums
>OP when the walls fell.

I think DS9 already addressed why the Klingons in TOS were just angry white guys with goatees, when Sisko & the Gang went wayyyy back in time and wound up being farmers on Vulcan narrowly avoiding doom... if some DS9 whitefags stayed there that means the later TOS vulcans would have descended from them. ...but probably been eventually wiped out by the more brutal ridged darkie vulcans by the time of TNG.

user and user on Cred Forums.

Did you have a 6 month long stroke while you were binge watching Star Trek?

What happened to Ben Sisko?

>You fuckers never told me what a B-grade Marxist farce for man-children this show is.
FTFY

I'm exaggerating. I've seen all of TOS more than once. I'm also aware that Picard isn't a pacifist cuck, I was just painting in broad strokes. Kirk really does play more fast and loose with the rules than Picard, though.

Not really the same kind of setup. To use another Gundam analogy, there were plenty of Super Robot anime before MSG 0079, but hardly any played themselves as a straight military drama about throwing youth into war (which became exaggerated into the very thing that it was trying not to be later). Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon are hardly sci-fi. Not that that's an insult, it's just that they're more space fantasy than anything. Trek at least tried to be straight, visionary sci-fi about an idealized society and space exploration.

Nothing yet.

The Sisko is of Bajor.

>Trek at least tried to be straight, visionary sci-fi
>literal planet of nazis

He came out of the wormhole and released several albums of classical music.

I said TRIED. With mean Gene behind the wheel, there was all kinds of space fantasy shit. TNG took the straight sci-fi elements of trek and expanded on them.

more like wink of a brown eye amirite

That had nothing to do with Gene Roddenberry doing space fantasy and everything to do with budgetary constraints forcing them to reuse props from other series and movies.

>twilight zone isn't the benchmark for exploring sci fi themes
You fail

The Twilight Zone isn't science fiction.

Of course it is you idiot. It looks at alternate realities

There is no science involved in that show. It's just "what if [crazy thing] happened" either as an allegory or just to freak the audience out. It's pure fantasy.

best SF tv show ever

deep mang

'If' stories are the premise of sci fi. You take culture to an extreme and see what happens. It doesnt have to keep our physics or biology at all. What it should do is explore the depth of possibilities

>Of course it is you idiot. It looks at alternate realities
By that logic Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones are sci-fi.

No cause they dont follow a logical progression

>Watching "The Galileo Seven"
>Spock: "It is more rational to sacrifice one life than six"
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

>it's a Data goes crazy and tries to kill everyone episode

Those happened way too often, he was more a problem than anything.

>Those cold war undertones
>Those a e s t h e t i c red uniforms and crisp, militaristic Property interiors
>Those GOAT ship designs like the Miranda, the Excelsior, the Grissom, and the Bird Of Prey
>Those early/mid-80s, Star Wars-vintage ILM practical effects, with US Navy blue/white lighting signifying the Federation, with martial red/green/yellow signifying the Klingons

IDGAF what anyone else says, TWOK--->TUC Trek is the comfiest/ most a e s t h e t i c sci-fi universe of all time and I'll fucking fight anyone who disagrees with me.

*Probert, not property

Pic absolutely related

>those matte lines

Matte lines are to practical effects what grain is to 70mm film.

Let's see CGI look as good as pic related.

Or as evocative as pic related

Who is the best couple in Star Trek and why is it Warf and Dax?

Cause Dax is the best female character in ST.

Hey, look, over on the far left, it's the USS Discovery.

>you will never have Nana Visitor gently caressing your penis through your slacks with her feet while she teasingly mocks your growing erection

Why was I born fuck it fuck it all

Would fug goth cutie

Is that Ron Howard's brother or are those prosthetics on a normal looking child?

>autistic manchild that rages over the smallest things
Definitely.

That's Ron Howard's brother.

He also appears in DS9 and Enterprise.

Kirk always avoids conflict whenever possible you fucking jackass redditor, that was literally the point of star trek till ds9 shat the bed. Then you cap it off with a fucking anime reference. What star trek was was if kung fu had travelled the wild west but never used his kung fu unless it was life or death and even then only reluctantly and in an attempt to avoid further violence.

No, this is.

Picard surrenders way too much.

>that was literally the point of star trek till ds9 shat the bed
DS9 is also about avoiding conflict whenever possible. Some conflicts aren't avoidable though, and even TOS said the same (if you paid attention, we actually saw a war break out in TOS).

>you fucking jackass redditor
This conversation really doesn't warrant your current level of aggression.

E pleb niesta!

Star Trek is a lot more a continuation of the movie Forbidden Planet

Look at all the numbskulls posting TNG. Reread OP's post. COMFY is TOS.

Anyone got the chart of recommended TOS episodes? I want to rewatch it but skip the bad/slow episodes.

Cheers, Dr. McCoy.

he's our new darling

TOS is comfy to watch and to imagine yourself inside. I want to live on their Enterprise. TNG aesthetically feels like the waiting room of the dentist's office. The two don't even compare.

>we actually saw a war break out in TOS

Haven't seen all of TOS, explain?

War breaks out between the Federation and the Klingons, but omnipotent aliens force both sides to stop fighting and form a rudimentary peace treaty.

twitter.com/jonathansfrakes/status/779860666110709760
what did he mean by this?

The Cage was the very best TOS episode ever produced.

Hollyjews hated it because it was "too cerebral".

In another timeline we could be friends. What did he mean by this?

I wonder how many times Shatner groped Nichelle Nichols on set.

Eww. Nasty.

What? Without Data, half the episodes would end in the enterprise's demise.

I loved Night Gallery

it evens out really

for every time data single highhandedly saves the ship, there's a time where the crew has to save the ship from data

its like yin and yang or balance to the force kinda shit

But I like both. What now?

Then you don't really get Trek.

Every Star Trek stands for is the opposite of what Clinton stands for. Look I can do it too.

Watch Errand of Mercy.

NEGATIVE MR. WORF

It kinda bums me out they didn't do the Where No Man Has Gone Before plot for the second Star Trek reboot film and instead went with 'Khan LOL'. Having one of your characters look identical to Elizabeth Dehner is just a cocktease to the people who'll be the disappointed by the Khan reveal the most.

Expecting anything good out of Jew Jew Abrams

While I can forgive mu TNG > mu DS9, mu VOY should definitely be the strict minimum of the set.

Goddamn. Could you image being that ugly that you can always find a job playing aliens?

Yes, we all know. You have to be a gay communist to "get" Star Trek.

Shut up faggot.

I'm gay.

That's obvious.

Get back in the closet, homo.

its funny because while individually those ratings look perfectly fine, put together it makes me angry that you have voyager above TOS.

>its funny because it makes me angry
agreed

Brothers, do we need a /trek/ board?

I'm near the end of s1 and some eps are comfy but in most there's this weird tension where they're angry at each other for no apparent reason. At least I got to appreciate the fist fights in every episode. Those are comfy.

Depends if the new trek is good enough.

Trek was all over the early Internet, this new show doesn't feel like it will have the same impact as next gen tho.

Different user here, there was a Klingon Lawyer who was defending Captain Archer on an episode of Ent (Archer was accused of meddling in Klingon affairs to the detriment of the Empire) who related that Klingons weren't always so bent toward conquest and glory. There was a time when Klingons were more like humans in that they had a more well-rounded society that placed emphasis on science and true justice rather than solely on "honor" and "glory". But somewhat recently before that episode of Ent (chronologically), the Klingon warrior caste had risen to prominence and thusly dominated the affairs of the Empire.

or something to that effect

Anyone here play pic related? Was it any good?

WRONG. IT WAS GEORDI AND -
ooohh...

LOVE TNG. Been watching it all. On season 4 right now. Picard is so goddamn smart and Riker is awesome. Really great captain and 1st officer pairing. TNG is what really good scifi should be. Give me speculations on where we're heading and let me muse on how society will change and what it means to be human. And hey, fight aliens armed with spray-painted hairdryers for guns, because we need some levity now and again.

I think a lot of people's hate for Wesley is overblown. I fucking hate most teenage characters/plot lines in TV because they are usually so poorly written and annoying. Whenever Wesley is annoying, someone puts him in his place, so I don't mind it. It adds to the show.

>s-s-stop liking what I don't like!
>the thing I prefer is older and therefore better!
>I'm not shitty to talk to, it's everyone else that's shitty to talk to!

Tape drive computers are the most comfy scifi aesthetic. Prove me wrong.