This is the greatest film of all time

This is the greatest film of all time.

even he would say

I sincerely believe Lucas has enough remaining energy and talent to create an original franchise as groundbreaking and memorable as Star Wars. Only he won't, because of how the "fans" treat him.

He's moved on.

Better than that new shit

I want to see more films like THX 1138.

Anyone who says Lucas is a hack hasn't seen it.

You're probably right. Can you elaborate?

this board kek. i mean its better than episode vii but thats not saying much

Just everything about it is perfect
I know I'm right

I've definitely come to appreciate it more recently

Anons low intelligence is the key to all this.

So you agree it's the best movie ever ?

>my favorite film is Oldboy

*a tip 4u*

Perhaps, yeah

trips confirm

>best movie
>best film
OP stop

I've never understood why this is so much more hated than Phantom menace.

At least here, you get a sense of plot progression and it's slightly interesting (seeing how the war will break out). In TPM, fucking nothing interesting happens.

there's no difference

So you agree it's the best movie ever ?St

Are they the most beautiful on screen couple?

this movie had count dooku come out of nowhere (which no one knew who thwe fuck he was) and also gave us those cringe worthy "dating scenes" "I hate sand.." like the fuck senpai? nah that shit was horrible and this is bait.

Not bait

you put no effort into this b8 and yet I still laughed my ass off

That's the only reason he even sold his company because he thought all the fans hated it and him and that it wasn't worth his time and effort to try and appease them anymore. I mean, he spent the past 15 years not using the internet just to not let it get to him. He could have very easily continued making the sequel trilogy or whatever other films he wanted on his own like he did with the prequels, but why bother when no one will ever be happy or satisfied?

Because people get hung up on TPM being shot on film as though that somehow elevates it. AOTC isn't perfect but it's at least mildly interesting compared to its predecessor.

Hayden is fucking gorgeous. Who's the jew slag? he needs to lose the goblin and get with a real girl like T. Swift

>but why bother when no one will ever be happy or satisfied?

The world is pretty easy to satisfy Lucas is just a dumb bastard.

Not really, no. Reminder that the prequel apologists came from /r/starwars.

I personally find AotC to be the weakest Star Wars film (not bad, just least good) and The Phantom Menace is actually one of my favorites. I love them all though. I just think TPM has a better plot so I don't know why you think it has no decent progression, it actually has very well delineated acts. The podracing is awesome, the Darth Maul duel is fantastic, the huge battle in the field and the space battle were also good. I think AotC had some great parts but the beginning on Coruscant with the chase scene is boring, but I actually think the part where Anakin goes to hunt down the Tusken Raiders is one of my favorite parts in the entire saga. The sunset with him speeding across the desert and then the sheer rage as he slaughters them is truly well done. The arena battle is also cool, but the duel with Dooku at the end is kind of shit and becomes too goofy when Yoda shows up (Yoda's fight with Sidious was much cooler)

But Lucas would not have made that movie, he already did so back in 1977. He has made it pretty clear that he thinks it sucks and has no vision. He would have made the episode 7 he wanted, and likely would have continued to receive a ton of hate for it and so to him it wasn't worth pouring his heart into something he thought no one else wanted.

>not bad
Stopped reading there. You're clearly drunk.

It's hilarious that you think this, but it doesn't change the fact most people were satisfied by it.

The same people who thought The hunger Games was good or uninspired john green movies.

You're not listening retard. I think TFA is pretty good, it's a well made movie. George Lucas however does not. It was not the story he had planned for the sequel trilogy and he has openly criticized it. That's not my opinion, that's just a fact. I personally would have loved to see what he had in mind, but I'm totally fine with what we got. Point is, doesn't matter if the masses love TFA, it was not what he had planned or wanted to make so the opinion on his version would likely be different, possibly simply because of the bad reputation he got with the prequels alone.

Inb4 he says Lucas's would have been shit.

I already did say that and the only reasons anyone should want to see a new movie from Lucas is the keks kid tested mother approved.

ok bud

He also didn't plan Star Wars the way it was, that movie was completely changed in editing. He had other people writing the screenplay for Return and directing it. All of the creature designs were lucasfilm's doing. At the end of the day, it's difficult to say which parts were his vision and which were incidental and a product of talented people working together.

>muh Lucas was always shit
see

That's not what I said at all, you're clearly retarded.

I know, i'm just shitposting because Lucas gets me defensive.
You give people like Plinkett an inch, and they'll take a mile.

Have a woman play with your wangus dangus and maybe you will realize how shit your life was before.

It's the little details like Dex pulling up his pants.
It shows that Lucas cares.

No irony intended.

I'm trying, my man. ;_;