Best written conedy shows of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Qh4vZYIZsU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>conedy
no

Better Off Ted
Killed by a stupid name.

always sunny, futurama, flight of the conchords, the it crowd.

Arrested Development
Seinfeld
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Peep Show
Venture Bros

>tfw always considered Venture Bros my favorite cartoon but now I feel differently and don't know why

past two seasons have been disappointing I guess

I don't see why some people say "it was only good in the first season" though, it did change but not to the degree that it should lose fans

at least not for the first four seasons

It's really good, but it's not the best ever. Damn shame no one watched it though.

>I don't see why some people say "it was only good in the first season" though, it did change but not to the degree that it should lose fans

I don't get that either. Season 1 was the worst, not that it was bad but the show kept getting better and there's more depth.

I'd say it hit a rut starting with season 5, theres on 8 episodes now which take 2-3 years to make. But the humor is also as good as ever so I don't know, its still a pretty great show. the dramatic changes in status quo that now happen make the show fresh anyway. i love how the writer just do whatever sounds/looks cool or funny to them.

The Office (U.K.) is literally the only answer

Season 1 to 3 were god-tier.
Season 4 was a complex creative disaster, sort of in the same way that the Star Wars prequels were, but that's not to say there weren't funny moments.

Yeah I guess season 1 was the worst, although I can kind of see why some people would prefer it to the others

Ghosts of the Sargasso is still one of my favorite Venture eps

Them?

What do you think of Extras?

That's among the best ones, for sure.
You could make an argument for the first 3. Disagree with Peep Show, haven't seen venture bros.
Disagree with "literally the only answer" part. But if someone asks what the best written comedy show of all time is, and you say The Office (UK), and they tell you you're wrong, you can be 98% certain that that person is an absolute moron.
How has no one mentioned Curb and Larry Sanders?

Rewatched it recently and definitely liked the 4th season the second time around. Some of the time line is still a bit confusing though. I'd like to see it laid out in chronological order.

Because Curb isn't written I guess? I'm not disagreeing with you, it's incredibly funny

South Park

It's as written as it needs to be. But, yeah, if you wanna judge it by the script, it'd probably get disqualified.
This actually isn't as insane an answer as most of 14-year-old Cred Forums would believe. This season has been sub-par, but if you look at their body of work, it's one of the most influential tv of all time, no doubt.

The Thick of It

Peep Show is shit outside of those 3 or 4 scenes that you see posted on Cred Forums all the fucking time

That would most definitely be curb your enthusiasm.

LARRY IF YOU WEREN'T MY BEST FRIEND

youtube.com/watch?v=_Qh4vZYIZsU

what do you mean it's not writtten?

>Garth Merenghi's Darkplace
>Arrested Development
>It's Always Sunny
>Strangers With Candy
>Classic Simpsons and Futurama
>The Sopranos

It's not an out and out comedy, but God if it hasn't given me some of the hardest laughs and deepest feels.

I still need to watch Seinfeld and Curb all the way through.

Imo it's a tie between Arrested Development and My Name Is Earl

sunny is chill, but it's shit since season 8

30 Rock is really clever

Curb your Enthusiasm too, in the way that every little thing in the episode all connects back and becomes Larry's downfall

Xavier Renegade Angel also has some of the best wordplay and puns I've ever heard

Bullshit. Peep Show is funny as fuck and like Curb Your Enthusiasm the best bits aren't individual scenes but the result of collective fuckups that lead to horrible situations at the end of an episode.

I find Boston Legal highly amusing.

When Denny Crane pulled a gun in court and shot that guy on the stand is probably the most I've ever laughed at a tv show.

I've yet to get round to Larry Sanders

what's it comparable to? Will it give me feelings of Curb?

>The Sopranos
Not a comedy outside of the "watch it Chrissy" guy

That's not Community S1

>You know, that recent weight loss...
>AIDS?
>Nobody's got AIDS!

I wouldn't say it's the best at all, but I've been enjoying trailer park boys with my bro.

Up to Season 2, and Season 3 still had high peaks. Chaos Theory is one of the best episodes even if the season is the most uneven.

For me in no real order:

30 Rock
Arrested Development
Better Off Ted
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Community
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Peep Show
Red Dwarf
Seinfeld
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Veep

With special mention to Top Gear, as it's a motoring show but still highly comedic at times.

I'd say after season 9. Season 9 still had great episodes like:

The Gang Broke Dee
The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award
Mac Day
The Gang Gets Quarantined
The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6