HALT INVULNERABLE OFFSPRING

HALT INVULNERABLE OFFSPRING

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_Percent_Doctrine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Invulnerable son, let me demonstrate you that I can practice what I preach and I will actually sacrifice my life to demonstrate how much I believe in what I have taught you since I was born. People will ridicule this scene forever even if it is an organic conclusion to this subplot until now.

>Jonathan wants his invincible son to stop
>Clark wants his vurnable dad to come back
P O E T R Y
R H Y M E S

HE DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO WALK TOWARDS HIS SON.

F F S

so for what legit reason did Superman not save him anyways? he literally could just fly/run in there and go back

His ankle was broken. He chose to stand there and appear to be making a clear decision rather than struggle towards them and possibly send an even more ambiguous message to Clark. Even as it stood, it took Clark almost 15 years to even start to understand his father's decision. It was never decision that Jonathan made with just his son in mind.

I used to make fun of this scene, too, until I understood its message in the context of the story.

Thanks for teaching me it's better to let someone die then expose myself to danger, earth dad.

Real Dad told me to save everyone though so I'll just do what his hologram ghost says.

STOP INVINCIBLE MARY SUE

he was a fully mature adult when he revealed himself and he had so save literally everybody not just one person

It's interesting how many subtle messages from MoS carry forward into BvS, like the bus thing.

So if you're in a hard decision accept death and KYS.

What a message.

As opposed to a message of fighting on against all odds.

This. It made more sense the second time I watched it. The key point I think was their conversation in the car just before the tornado. He clearly wanted Clark to wait until he fully understood his heritage before he started using his powers.

Who stopped Clark?

top kek

You can walk on a broken ankle for up to an hour afterwards when in shock.

The trilogy of shitkino

B R A V O S N Y D E R
R
A
V
O

S
N
Y
D
E
R

Yeah, once shock settles in, which it doesn't immediately.

Again, who stopped Clark?

These three films are literally trash.

CEASE IMPERVIOUS OFFSPRING.

>Luthor is a manlet
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Anyone happen to have the great plan image?

>its a capeshit autists don't understand basic human feelings episode

Hmm

t.fedoralover431

Why does Superman have cum streaks on his face here?

People don't give a shit that it's an organic conclusion to the subplot and will continue to mock it because it was handled in such a clumsy way. Clark could've easily gone to the car instead of Pa-Kent or Clark could've easily saved Pa-Kent without exposing himself to the world. The only witnesses were a few hicks who wouldn't have cared about some guy running unusually fast since they were too busy taking shelter from a fucking tornado.

That is fucking fantastic.

All Star Superman adaptation when?

That's using the magic of retrospection, friend. What if he'd trotted out there just to get hit by a flying big rig?

it doesn't look real without the chris evans head

CEASE IMMORTAL PROGENY

>STOP, MY WIFE'S SON

Pa Kent is burning in hell for the unpardonable sin of Suicide.

thanks doc

Then Clark's cover is blown but even then the only witnesses were hicks and the authorities probably wouldn't have listened to them since it's common for weird shit to happen during a tornado. Plus if flying big rigs were a serious concern then Pa-Kent is even dumber than I thought for going to the car by himself.

How many weird stories do you allow about the same guy before reporters and conspiracy nuts start getting interested?

>be clark
>run to dad (not super run just normal run)
>everyone gasps and screams
>hold on to dad maybe just sit inside the car or something protecting him
>when the tornado leaves everyone assumes they both died
>they find them unharmed
>because it's the retarded bible belt they will say it's a miracle
>nobody knows that clark is superman and dad also survives

desu clark can move faster than a person can see so i don't understand why he didn't just move out of the sight of the crowd, then run in super fast and save his dad then run out again.

He told him to stop because he wanted to teach his son to not use his powers foolishly in front of others. He doesn't want his son to be taken by the CIA and dissected and other crazy shit.

Why didn't he just run over to him?
>Gee Clark how come you didn't get sucked up by that tornado
>I dunno my dude maybe we were just out of range or something who cares

Why didn't he just let Clark go get the dog?

More importantly, why did he give a shit about the dog at all?
They can afford to replace it.

Well, we never see him move that fast especially when he's that young.

>dissected
>invunerable boy
It was more he didn't want him to be an outcast or the world wasn't ready for him or something.

That's the very least bad thing that could have happened. Try to imagine a guy like Superman who has legitimate reasons to hate human authority and wants to bring it down instead of just shepherding humanity along into a better future.

Imagine a "Bieberman," an emotionally and psychologically stunted Supermanchild who's going to remain the same inconsiderate schmuck who says things like "You're not even my real dad," for the rest of his long, long life.

True, true.

>i value life so little son, that I would rather die than spook a few local farmers

Who's the mummy?

What's next for this series?

That dog was one of Clark's only friends. Someone was going back for the dog.

Dogs are not your friends, merely acting friendly because you feed them.

>Clark's only friend
>let's fragile old man go near dangerous tornado while Clark is indestructable and could rescue his friend easily.

What about cats? Cats will eat you if you die, dogs will stand by you for the rest of y

Who stopped him?

just like human friends then, that's why I have none

That's true, cats are even more dicks than dogs.
At least dogs pretend they care.

Clark is literally a god among insects, but the world isn't ready for him yet. In that car scene, Pa legitimately wondered that if in the past 18 years of his life he had taught Clark the morals needed to not abuse his gifts. Pa did not intend for saving the dog to his my final act on Earth, but you know I bet he was somewhat glad it was. Even if it brings pain to Clark, he knew it would also teach him the final lesson that he must wait longer before revealing himself to the world. Pa did not know when that time would be but he felt inside that one day the existential shock Clark gave him and his wife when they found him would be delivered to the whole world one day. Because if Clark exists then who knows what else could be out there? Unlike Clark, however, the shock may be followed up with a legitimate threat and at that time Pa, as he knew death was imminent, also knew that Clark's sadness and desire to help proved that he would be there to protect his mother and the world like the good man Pa raised him to be. Pa wanted him to be strong for them both, and endure all the death from human threats and natural disasters because they are preferable to Clark revealing his presence. Pa wanted his death to strengthen Clark's resolve to one day protect everyone. As he looked into his son's eyes there with the tornado roaring behind him, he wanted Clark realize that was sent to this planet for a reason but saving him wasn't it; and above all he wanted him to know that he loved him.

>Marvelfags have no argument against this
>will continue to spam stop invinicble son meme threads for the next 3 years too

i'm stealing those stars whiteboi

user? Are you okay?

Beautifully said.

>But the world isn't ready for him yet.

The world will never be ready until he makes it ready, Superman is supposed to be the change that makes a world a better place, he's not supposed to show up and be adored from the get go.

But hes also not supposed to be universally fucking hated by every living thing on earth.

There was a guy who got eaten by his dogs when he forgot to feed them for a long time.
Look it up.

>Pa did not intend for saving the dog to his my final act on Earth
Then he's an idiot. Clark could've gotten the dog without any problems.

>forgot to feed them for a long time

How does that negate dogs being friendly?
Sounds like he abused his pet and it struck back.
Friendship isn't a one way street where you can be abusive and receive love for it.

Yeah, that's essentially the point. The world can never be "ready" for a revelation on the magnitude of a Superman, but at the very least Pa Kent understood that if Clark was ever going to be ready to shoulder the sort of burden his heritage and nature would be, he was going to need time and anonymity to grow into that level of maturity.

He wasn't even completely ready to step into the role when Zod arrived.

I bet 5 bucks they were pitbulls.

>Pa did not know when that time would be but he felt inside that one day the existential shock Clark gave him and his wife when they found him would be delivered to the whole world one day. Because if Clark exists then who knows what else could be out there? Unlike Clark, however, the shock may be followed up with a legitimate threat and at that time Pa, as he knew death was imminent, also knew that Clark's sadness and desire to help proved that he would be there to protect his mother and the world like the good man Pa raised him to be. Pa wanted him to be strong for them both, and endure all the death from human threats and natural disasters because they are preferable to Clark revealing his presence. Pa wanted his death to strengthen Clark's resolve to one day protect everyone.
This is some hilarious reaching. His whole life he has told Clark "NEVER EVER REVEAL YOURSELF EVEN IF IT MEANS LETTING PEOPLE DIE" and his final act seems to cement that. Nothing about it screams "YOU CAN'T REVEAL YOURSELF NOW BUT ONE DAY THE WORLD WILL BE READY AND YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DO IT AND BECOME A HERO!"

Oh whatever
Why would anyone care if your dog sticks by your dead corpse anyways? Fat lot of good that does you. At least if your cat eats you you're providing for it even after death, nice thing to do.

That's a cute theory.
Too bad 10 minutes later Clark skits all over PA Kent's teachings when he decides to just follow space dad's nonsense.
So PA Kent's died for nothing kek

t. nigger.

>trying to find depth and meaning in the kiddy pool of cinema

Shits**

Phone typing

Post checks for Lex.

Superman from the future or something.

Except the fact that the final flashback of the film is Martha telling Clark about how Pa always knew he would become a hero

Not that guy, but you're ignoring a lot of things to make that claim. Some of it's in the very first Pa Kent scene. More of it's in the garage scene.

"Good character or bad character, that man's going to change the world."

I like how comics can't do anything poignant without throwing in some retarded bullshit to offset it.

He fulfilled Pa Kent's teachings by discovering his purpose for being sent to Earth first before trying to enact change on it

Numbnuts

And it's not about following Jor-El's reasoning, at every point of the film Clark's choices are his own. Johnathan might tell Clark not to save him, but Clark made the choice not to. Jor-El might tell him to become a force for good, but Clark choose to become that.

IT WOULD NOT HAVE REQUIRED SUPERMAN POWERS TO SAVE HIM.

HE COULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN SAVED IN THE TIME HE SPENT TELLING EVERYONE NOT TO SAVE HIM.

A farmer would have never left the safety of the underpass to save a dog, even if it was his favorite. It's just a dog. Farmers deal with dead or missing animals all the time. It was a mind-numbingly stupid scenario that would never have survived the scrutiny of a basic screenwriting course.

But David S Goyer doesn't understand how normal humans operate. That's why he makes movies about aliens and mental patients in capes.

PAUSE, MY SPERM

The point isn't that it would have required them. It's that he couldn't know for fact that it wouldn't.

Sending Clark into town to buy some seed wouldn't require his powers either, but doesn't mean he might not get hit by a big rig while driving home, it's just not all that likely. Sending him face-first into a tornado on the other hand, far more likely.

HOLY FUCK STOP

You don't know shit. I grew up on a farm. My dad ran back into our burning house to save our house cat Toby. Eat shit.

I hope you realize how weak that sounds

>has never been to a basic screenwriting course

humans care about dogs

Considering that there were better than a dozen witnesses hiding in the "safety" of that underpass, not all that weak.

and if your dad had burned to death trying to save a cat, then everyone would have rightly called him a dumbass and you would have been too embarrassed to tell anyone how he died for the rest of your life.

How does it feel to have a moron for a father?

You have a major disconnect from how people actually feel and think and care more about "plausibility" then emotional weight.

name a movie where a family man sacrifices his life to save a pet

I never said he made it out. Suck a dick.

>he would have sucked if he died

but he didn't die.
You're just a spoiled child who never had to actually struggle for anything you cared about.

Brb going to kill myself to be with mai waiffu

Man of Steel

>it's foolish to save the life of someone you care about if it has the possibility of harming you

yeah that really teaches your son the meaning of sacrifice.

YOU ARE NOT MY PROGENITOR

Bastard from a basket.

>organic conclusion
Are you retarded? This subplot makes jonny look like a retard and his views are worth nothing.
or he could have fucking exposed himself. if his father is in danger of dying the last thing a true hero should be worried about is his secret identity. Im also sure his mom did not much care for their "wisdom"

I don't even believe you now

"You're not my father cliché"
*DING*

A true hero doesn't let his dad make his decisions for him, either. For final time:

Who. Stopped. Clark?

>Im also sure his mom did not much care for their "wisdom"
This, tbqfhwy famalams.
>I'll have my wife watch me die to make sure my son learns the lesson #YOLO.
Kevin Costner was an asshole.

Why should I give a shit?

Stay in the overpass with your mom, son.
My instincts tell me it's somehow much safer.

Superman can move fast enough to be effectively invisible.. :^)

honestly, idk why you're still responding other than the fact that deep down you know anybody who dies trying to save a pet is a dumbass

so? Did you have superpowers and did your dad stop you from saving him to prove a stupid point? If you had powers would you not have rushed to save him no matter the consequences?

so he should have let his son save him and they should have moved to Tibet

All I know deep down is that you will die alone, unloved, and unmourned.

no one expects to die. my dog knocked over a heater and almost died in a smoke filed room, I rushed in and pulled it out because people generally don't feel their mortality

>my dog knocked over a heater
Exactly how poor are you?

mandatory

Expired or breathing, I'm taking you with me.

So this is the power of Snyder Kino?

at least I won't die trying to do something stupid

SUSPEND YOUR LOCOMOTION, BOY WHO IS IMMUNE TO DAMAGE

>scenes women will never understand

His dad was a human and wanted a human death. He taught superman regular people die for their mistakes, that heroes aren't there for fixing everyones dumb decisions, and also no magic outside Hogwarts

t. memewhedon

Holt shit, is this available for the Xbox?

this is some dragon ball zeta type shit

These videogame graphics are getting better every day.

>Marvelkeks STILL MAD that they get btfo

very. I used to be rich but even back then we used heaters so Im not sure what you mean.

post her smirk after she gets btfo

>that heroes aren't there for fixing everyones dumb decisions
except he is wrong
>His dad was a human and wanted a human death.
I think him dying from a heart attack had a better lesson.
>also no magic outside Hogwarts
If harry listened Voldemort would be ruling his word by now

This deep scene really made me think.

What did Snyder mean by this?

everyone that watches superhero movies should be genocided

Why didnt he just use super speed so nobody would know he was the one saving him?

He could have cried and say waah I dont wanna see my dada die and run behind the shed and then use super speed and save him and run back to the shed and vcome out like ''what happen dada ok?''

INVINCIBLE SON DID I EVER TOLD YOU MY SECOND NAME? IT'S A WOMAN'S NAME, IT'S MARTHA.

It's really not as initially effective as Jonathan dying from a heart attack, something his son could not stop even if he wanted, but I feel like this scene does get more shit than it should.

He doesn't want his God-like son to expose his true nature to the world because he's worried people will riot/kill each other/go insane knowing that there is life in the galaxy and it could kill every human almost instantly.

And to an extent he's right. The DCEU becomes more fucked after he reveals his powers. It sends Bruce Wayne near insanity. Same with Lex. Literal God-witches cast spells to destroy the planet, Amazonian goddesses come out of the shadows, and a world-conquering alien is about to shaft Earth. It's all Supes fault

>He doesn't want his God-like son to expose his true nature to the world because he's worried people will riot/kill each other/go insane knowing that there is life in the galaxy and it could kill every human almost instantly.

We got it that this was the intention. It's only that the execution making it looks retarded.

>He doesn't want his God-like son to expose his true nature to the world because he's worried people will riot/kill each other/go insane knowing that there is life in the galaxy and it could kill every human almost instantly.
he is retarded
>And to an extent he's right.
nope. bruce is acting like lex, jelly of his power and throwing all that "if there is even 1% chance" apply that 1% logic to anything else and you would end up killing most of the world.
>Lex
Lex is driven insane by darkseid's forces. The fact that kryptonians came regardless of sups actions and that there are many other powerful beings around (like the flash or aquaman) shows that pa just had a low opinion of humanity

That's the point of Bruce's whole arc. When he compromises himself and resorts to torture and preemptive "justice," he stops being a hero. Now you understand the 911 allusions.

The playstation 2 called, it wants its cutscene back.

There was nothing organic about snyder's pa kent. Least of all the "conclusion."

>Now you understand the 911 allusions.

Well that came from absolutely nowhere.

PAUSE, WEAPONIZED SEMEN

It's all over Bruce's arc. He literally quotes Dick Cheney to Alfred at one point.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_Percent_Doctrine

>no my son. Protect your mother
>no my son. Let me be. This is the only way you'll understand what we've been arguing about a few seconds ago.

Pay attention next time

And now God bends to my dubs.

Meanwhile Martha Kent's headless body is found 30 miles away when the to tornado changed direction and decimated the underpass

Its clear its just you trying to cherrypick this as an actual thing, right?

If you're right and it was intended, it actually makes the movie worse.

Stop invincible son. I don't want you to save my life because others might see you use your power despite your ability to move faster than the speed of light

In this webm, if you stop on the 1 frame at the 4 second mark that shows zods eye, you can see the superman S symbol. whats with that?

Because then the people watching would know he was Superman which would invalidate all of the extremely expensive Daily Planet/Clark Kent licensing fees in future movies.

Bruce witnesses the "towers" fall, resorts to torture and "warfare"(his killing) in his campaign against the invader, lies about WMDs(the dirty bomb) to his English ally, and vilifies his enemy based solely on where he's from and what he *might* do.

It's not coincidence. Now think about what the other two principals have to represent in such an allegory. Hell, think about Doomsday too, for that matter.

If intended, that shit is so heavy handed inconsistently applied, and contradictory with a number of the movie's other themes, that it makes the movie just that much worse.

But, since its clear its just cherrypicking, as you have to ignore a number of huge sequences and themes, both with 9/11 and the movie itself, you just come off as utterly insane and one step away from making one of those red string and newspaper clipping walls.

How is it inconsistently applied? Did you honestly think the Batman was intended to be an unambiguously heroic portrayal?

>A dog's life is way more important than a human life son even if he is a father and loving husband, remember this son

marvel has nl fucking chance against snyder

even his bad movies make money